PDA

View Full Version : Lol- How bout those fans wanting Coach Prime???

Coach34
10-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Stanford ran some Wing T and beat that ass. Hilarious

Biggest comeback in school history for Stanford

Commercecomet24
10-14-2023, 01:15 AM
And Stanford is not a good team at all. Smh

The Federalist Engineer
10-14-2023, 01:39 AM
I didn't think Colorado was going to be good at all this season, I'm not dunking on Sanders.

He does not have depth and the season is long. They got caught trying to cruise on a big lead tonight. They can't just bench or replace people and bring on true P5 players.

Also, the team overall got bored at Half time. Even my kids were sleeping through the 2nd half. They woke up to a loss. They just care about popcorn and lemonade. Lugging an 8 year old to the car was the worst part of the night.

parabrave
10-14-2023, 01:51 AM
Didn't even call any QB option or rollout play in that last series.

EdwardDrayton
10-14-2023, 03:01 AM

Gotta admit though, losing a game in that manner is about as Mississippi State as it gets.

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2023, 07:30 AM

Imagine trying to dunk on fans who wanted a guy that's transformed a godawful team into a decent team that's at the very least very exciting to watch, and is trending in right direction with recruiting; while at the same time constantly toting water for a coach and his HS coach sidekick who have done pretty much the complete opposite to our program.

Hilarious

Dawgface
10-14-2023, 07:52 AM
Imagine trying to dunk on fans who wanted a guy that's transformed a godawful team into a decent team that's at the very least very exciting to watch, and is trending in right direction with recruiting; while at the same time constantly toting water for a coach and his HS coach sidekick who have done pretty much the complete opposite to our program.

Hilarious

As long as c34 has connections to the team he's happy. Not hilarious but sad.

The Federalist Engineer
10-14-2023, 08:52 AM
Gotta admit though, losing a game in that manner is about as Mississippi State as it gets.

I did not want to say that myself. But this gave me a MSTATE vibe.

Jarius
10-14-2023, 08:55 AM
Prime is in year 1 with a team that went 1-11 last year. If he doesn’t win a single game for the rest of the year he’s already proven he’s better than the shit show we are watching.

Tripp McNeely
10-14-2023, 08:59 AM

Hilarious

^^^^This! I'd still take him tomorrow! With the way he's recruiting, CO is gonna be a beast the next couple years!

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2023, 09:01 AM

Hilarious

...and if Arnett lost a 29-0 lead to a 1-4 team, few State fans would give him a pass. Hell Arnett has won games, AZ and WMU, that I have seen State lose in years past. Arnett gets fired every day on this message board and others for not winning pretty.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2023, 09:03 AM
I need Coach Norm to break down Travis Hunters pass coverage. From what I've seen of Colorados games, opponents are getting him matched up against bigger stronger pass catchers and winning 1 on 1.

Beaver
10-14-2023, 09:09 AM
A Mississippi St vs Colorado bowl game would be fun...

Jarius
10-14-2023, 09:20 AM
...and if Arnett lost a 29-0 lead to a 1-4 team, few State fans would give him a pass. Hell Arnett has won games, AZ and WMU, that I have seen State lose in years past. Arnett gets fired every day on this message board and others for not winning pretty.

Arnett took over a team that won 9 games last year, so no we would not give him a pass. He almost got his ass wrecked by a 3rd string MAC quarterback last week.

Jarius
10-14-2023, 09:21 AM
I need Coach Norm to break down Travis Hunters pass coverage. From what I've seen of Colorados games, opponents are getting him matched up against bigger stronger pass catchers and winning 1 on 1.

He plays about a million plays a game. He’s going to get tired.

NCMSTFAN
10-14-2023, 09:27 AM
That team won 1 game last year. CO has depth issues also, you can't really talk bad about them having 4 wins after how they looked last year. Arnett took over a team full of experience and has us looking like a D2 school, I'd take Prime all day long

sandjunky
10-14-2023, 11:07 AM
A Mississippi St vs Colorado bowl game would be fun...

Well Mississippi State is not going bowling this year

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2023, 11:24 AM
If Colorado has depth issues, that's Primes fault. He booted 57 players and brought in 49 in the transfer portal (per On3). This is his team not last years. Prime and his players lost to a 1-4 team.

Arnett has beat who he was suppose To beat.

Matt3467
10-14-2023, 11:33 AM
Well Bama lost to us in Saban's first year so...

Coach34
10-14-2023, 11:36 AM

Exactly.

Colorado leads the country in sacks allowed.
Colorado is 130th in committing penalties
They go for it on 4th downs at midfield so his kid can pad stats.
They lost at home to a terrible team

Anybody wanting that undisciplined clown show is not serious about football

msudawg1200
10-14-2023, 12:06 PM

Would be better than Croomnett and Woody McBarbay. See, two can play that game.

coachnorm
10-14-2023, 12:28 PM

Just a brief explanation of the match-up passing game for fellow elitedoggers. Many receivers are larger than the defenders that they face. Many receivers are faster in strait line sprints. Many receivers are better than the defenders in the weight room also. Factor these variables and there is more to the passing game than separation while executing the pass game.

The match-up passing game is executed in one hundredth of a second environment. The schematic passing game exists in one tenth of a second variables. I have brought attention to fellow elitedoggers about receivers cutting of the wrong schematic foot instead of counting steps and cutting off the correct schematic foot and I was corrected by some.

Today I watched Deion Sanders press conference and he taught many about understanding the moment and I will echo his knowledge. When a receiver gets leveraged, he has to understand the moment and he needs to answer that leverage. The receiver needs to know that if he does not get to his assigned area, on time, he has put the offensive line in jeopardy. They have to pass protect that nano second longer. If the receiver does not understand the moment, he has jeopardized the quarterback also. In that environment of hundredths of a second, the receiver has to get faster thus cutting on the inside cut foot.

If in brutal competition, the receiver is blanketed or caught up to, what is his answer? Is he a sheep or a stud? The receiver needs to understand the moment and needs to run thru a leveraged defender. Understand the moment and reacting to it is achieved in one hundredth of a second variables.

If a receiver gets leveraged executing slide or rocker releases, he needs to mentally process the moment and answer. All that has been described about the receiver is now in play for the defender. Remember both the receiver and defender are in a one hundredth of a second cognitive environment, they are at war. Who ever understands the situational awareness of the moment has a better chance of survival? Just to briefly leave football think of a Tier One Delta or Seal Team 6 operator versus regular army, discipline levels who thinks quicker?

When I coach defensive backs, I describe situational awareness. I explain that all defensive backs get worked and they need to mitigate the damage. If a defensive back gets worked and the quarterback does not get pressured, an accurate pass is incoming. Do not look for a poor pass because it is not coming, be prepared for the football to touch or nearly touch the receivers? hands. Simply put 100% focus on attacking the hands of the receiver, 80% focus on hands with 20% glancing back for bad pass could be fatal to the defender in a one hundredth of a second environment. There is another factor also and that is the receiver bouncing the defender off the spot or flat out running him over to get the ball.

I understand that I tossed out a lot and it could be a lot to absorb as the reader or execute as a player so what does everyone need to receive this data? The answer is Tier One Operator Discipline, something Travis Hunter did not bring to the game. If Hunter ups his practice and game discipline, he will not get worked so bad, but remember he was matched up and humiliated and exposed. Travis Hunter now needs to learn how to play a match up receivers' hands to survive, just like in the NFL? Getting a personal foul that negated a critical stop showed lack or situational awareness also.

BTW, I have coached defensive backs and wide receivers, in JUCO, and discussed disciplined trash talking. I said start it up by telling the opponent how good his sister was in bed and then shut up and watch the opponent respond? I would say start him up but do not respond to his response. This irritation distracts a combatant from clear thinking in a one hundredth of a second environment.

Santiago
10-14-2023, 01:27 PM
Just a brief explanation of the match-up passing game for fellow elitedoggers. Many receivers are larger than the defenders that they face. Many receivers are faster in strait line sprints. Many receivers are better than the defenders in the weight room also. Factor these variables and there is more to the passing game than separation while executing the pass game.

The match-up passing game is executed in one hundredth of a second environment. The schematic passing game exists in one tenth of a second variables. I have brought attention to fellow elitedoggers about receivers cutting of the wrong schematic foot instead of counting steps and cutting off the correct schematic foot and I was corrected by some.

Today I watched Deion Sanders press conference and he taught many about understanding the moment and I will echo his knowledge. When a receiver gets leveraged, he has to understand the moment and he needs to answer that leverage. The receiver needs to know that if he does not get to his assigned area, on time, he has put the offensive line in jeopardy. They have to pass protect that nano second longer. If the receiver does not understand the moment, he has jeopardized the quarterback also. In that environment of hundredths of a second, the receiver has to get faster thus cutting on the inside cut foot.

If in brutal competition, the receiver is blanketed or caught up to, what is his answer? Is he a sheep or a stud? The receiver needs to understand the moment and needs to run thru a leveraged defender. Understand the moment and reacting to it is achieved in one hundredth of a second variables.

If a receiver gets leveraged executing slide or rocker releases, he needs to mentally process the moment and answer. All that has been described about the receiver is now in play for the defender. Remember both the receiver and defender are in a one hundredth of a second cognitive environment, they are at war. Who ever understands the situational awareness of the moment has a better chance of survival? Just to briefly leave football think of a Tier One Delta or Seal Team 6 operator versus regular army, discipline levels who thinks quicker?

When I coach defensive backs, I describe situational awareness. I explain that all defensive backs get worked and they need to mitigate the damage. If a defensive back gets worked and the quarterback does not get pressured, an accurate pass is incoming. Do not look for a poor pass because it is not coming, be prepared for the football to touch or nearly touch the receivers? hands. Simply put 100% focus on attacking the hands of the receiver, 80% focus on hands with 20% glancing back for bad pass could be fatal to the defender in a one hundredth of a second environment. There is another factor also and that is the receiver bouncing the defender off the spot or flat out running him over to get the ball.

I understand that I tossed out a lot and it could be a lot to absorb as the reader or execute as a player so what does everyone need to receive this data? The answer is Tier One Operator Discipline, something Travis Hunter did not bring to the game. If Hunter ups his practice and game discipline, he will not get worked so bad, but remember he was matched up and humiliated and exposed. Travis Hunter now needs to learn how to play a match up receivers' hands to survive, just like in the NFL? Getting a personal foul that negated a critical stop showed lack or situational awareness also.

BTW, I have coached defensive backs and wide receivers, in JUCO, and discussed disciplined trash talking. I said start it up by telling the opponent how good his sister was in bed and then shut up and watch the opponent respond? I would say start him up but do not respond to his response. This irritation distracts a combatant from clear thinking in a one hundredth of a second environment.

Deion threw his team under the bus after the game, and took zero responsibility for going for it twice at midfield in the second half. That second half is on Deion. Coach Prime showed a lack of discipline himself in that regard too.

Santiago
10-14-2023, 01:28 PM
I would take that Colorado offense with Sean Lewis though. Deion rarely talks into headset when they are on offense. It is all run by Sean Lewis. Deion going to miss a HC as OC after this season.

CaptainObvious
10-14-2023, 04:23 PM
I believe I said they are fun to watch. I believe I said no way the cigar boys would alllow Prime to be our head coach. I believe I paraphrased that he would bring his 3 stars and bench our so called stars and no blocking Oline. I believe I said that move would be glorious to watch. I don?t believe I said or even implied that I wanted Prime as our head coach. I am sure some people thought our 41-28 win over Western Michigan was fun to watch. I am not one of those people.

Mjoelner34
10-14-2023, 04:33 PM
.....Simply put 100% focus on attacking the hands of the receiver, 80% focus on hands with 20% glancing back for bad pass could be fatal to the defender in a one hundredth of a second environment.

One word to that. SMOOT!

Smoot was the best that I've seen at doing this. He was the absolute master of the karate chop the very instant that the ball touched the receiver's hands.

CoachT14
10-14-2023, 04:35 PM
Exactly.

Pot meet Kettle. You support an undisciplined clown show because you have connections again.

Coach34
10-14-2023, 05:00 PM
Pot meet Kettle. You support an undisciplined clown show because you have connections again.

we are 43rd in the country in penalties. Not great but pretty good. Top 1/3 of the country

grandprairiedog
10-14-2023, 05:03 PM

Please describe the "undisciplined" comments.

CoachT14
10-14-2023, 05:31 PM

We have an undisciplined defense that can’t tackle. We don’t win the LOS even against less talented opponents. We are 6 games into the season and still have OL all over the place and not knowing where to go or who to block (straight out of Will Friends mouth). Our HC drops F bombs all over live TV cause he can’t control his mouth. We take bad routes to the football.

We may not commit penalties and “get into trouble” but we sure ain’t disciplined.

The Federalist Engineer
10-14-2023, 05:41 PM
Colorado knew that Sanders was not a X/O and Discipline coach. He's a grown man that calls himself "prime" after all.

They are hoping Sanders' Hype, Boulder, Alumni Wealth, and Better Recruiting would overcome other issues.

Last year, they would have lost to Stanford and never had a 29 point lead to blow because they were not capable of scoring that many on a D1 team. Had they not mentally checked out yesterday, they would have won by +40 points.

grandprairiedog
10-14-2023, 09:49 PM

Referring to CoachT14 comments about Deion not being disciplined.

confucius say
10-15-2023, 07:37 AM

Deion improved their win total by, at a minimum, 3 games.
We are going to lessen our win total by 2-4 games.

Not that I want Deion, but let's look in the mirror.

And they ran WingT the first half and were down 29-0. They went empty and 10 personnel and threw for like 300 yards in the second half. Maybe we should hire Stanford's coach.

msudawg1200
10-15-2023, 08:49 AM
We have an undisciplined defense that can’t tackle. We don’t win the LOS even against less talented opponents. We are 6 games into the season and still have OL all over the place and not knowing where to go or who to block (straight out of Will Friends mouth). Our HC drops F bombs all over live TV cause he can’t control his mouth. We take bad routes to the football.

We may not commit penalties and “get into trouble” but we sure ain’t disciplined.

Well said. A person with any knowledge of football can see we are a Chinese Fire Drill in all phases. Pure embarrassing.

StarkVegasSteve
10-15-2023, 10:25 AM

BINGO.

MBDawg601
10-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Stanford would beat us by 3-4 TDs. We have Noone that can cover 13. He would have single handedly beat us.

coachnorm
10-15-2023, 10:54 AM
Stanford would beat us by 3-4 TDs. We have Noone that can cover 13. He would have single handedly beat us.

You are now getting the match-up concept. If 13 is used as a scheme participant like in CML offense he will be negated to an extent. As a match-up issue, the defense has an issue every play he is on the field. 13 might COMMAND a double team by the defense. The double team simply means there is an allocation shortcoming somewhere else in the defense and it is time to find it?

Tater
10-15-2023, 11:28 AM
Exactly.

Deion seems like the spiritual successor to Leach in that neither team is out of the game until the final whistle.

If we had him this year, I think our season goes like this: (remember, we get a different 2 at QB, we get Travis Hunter, we get a lot of transfers and have a better OL than possibly the worst P5 OL in Colorado. That's an extra WR, an actually shutdown cornerback without having to play the rivalry game where he gets headhunted and injured early, and a mobile QB with a top flight OC. Plus all the other transfers. Our secondary would be better with Preston / Banks / Hunter / CB2 / Sanders at nickel/abram.)

Sellout and Blowout FCS

Sellout and shootout with Arizona, but our defense is better so we win by 2-3 scores like 49-31.

Sellout, College Gameday, and beat LSU (like they did TCU) in a shootout in the game of the year of the day. We'll say 56-49 for fun.

On the road at SCar, another shootout but this time SEC refs are on our side because Deion $$$$. The talent gap we make up means we boat race them about 52-31.

Sets up our big Aflac showdown with gameday AGAIN against Saban. Saban goes Dan Lanning on us. Mississippi State gonna Mississippi State right? But remember we do get Hunter still healthy by this point. So 24-35 loss but it's respectable and Deion hype is still here.

We're still excited so another sellout for WMU. We play groggily like we did but have enough health and talent to stop the comeback. 48-24 win.

And onto the bye at 5-1 with tons of excitement around the program and most importantly, 2 Gamedays and 5 sellouts. The cultural impact and money influx cannot be understated. Now, if I was forecasting, I think the Arkansas game is one where we come close to doing what they did against Stanford, but Arkansas is SEC Nebraska so we still win by one score. 53-51 in 2OT where we stop their 2 point conversion.

At Auburn would be the scarier "Stanford-esque" game; however Hugh is using his juju to beat Old Myth. That means they'll be emotionally worn out. State 45-24.

Kentucky is at home and not even Leach ****ed this up. State 41 - 27. Also a sellout again. We're now 8-1 heading to Aggy.

Aggy is gonna have quit by this point and we're the game that gets Jimbo fired on the spot with loss #5 or #6. 28-17.

Back home for mustard buzzards and this is where the story gets nasty. Hunter gets hurt, it's way too close for a 9-1 team, but we escape with the 41-31 win. Also, sellout.

Leading us to the Egg Bowl w/o Hunter but it's at home. Which would also be a sellout and the biggest game of the week and more exciting offense than the Lions - Packers for that day. Without Hunter it's a tough task and I think that's where we end up with the sour 10-2 with a loss 34-51.

But all in all, 2 gamedays, 8 sellouts, huge influx of talent, 10-2. Just no Golden Egg, but we get a NY6 Bowl Berth and a top 10 ranking with another offseason to grow and get even more transfers in as we see how awesome having Deion is for the program.

I feel like that's the better alternative to what we've gotten. At least city of starkville would agree.

confucius say
10-15-2023, 11:35 AM

Playing with 9 people.
Always out of position.
Lineman pulling the wrong way.

msudawg1200
10-15-2023, 12:06 PM

True, sad, and pathetic about like this coaching staff that he sucks off daily.

Todd4State
10-15-2023, 02:18 PM
Deion seems like the spiritual successor to Leach in that neither team is out of the game until the final whistle.

If we had him this year, I think our season goes like this: (remember, we get a different 2 at QB, we get Travis Hunter, we get a lot of transfers and have a better OL than possibly the worst P5 OL in Colorado. That's an extra WR, an actually shutdown cornerback without having to play the rivalry game where he gets headhunted and injured early, and a mobile QB with a top flight OC. Plus all the other transfers. Our secondary would be better with Preston / Banks / Hunter / CB2 / Sanders at nickel/abram.)

Sellout and Blowout FCS

Sellout and shootout with Arizona, but our defense is better so we win by 2-3 scores like 49-31.

Sellout, College Gameday, and beat LSU (like they did TCU) in a shootout in the game of the year of the day. We'll say 56-49 for fun.

On the road at SCar, another shootout but this time SEC refs are on our side because Deion $$$$. The talent gap we make up means we boat race them about 52-31.

Sets up our big Aflac showdown with gameday AGAIN against Saban. Saban goes Dan Lanning on us. Mississippi State gonna Mississippi State right? But remember we do get Hunter still healthy by this point. So 24-35 loss but it's respectable and Deion hype is still here.

We're still excited so another sellout for WMU. We play groggily like we did but have enough health and talent to stop the comeback. 48-24 win.

And onto the bye at 5-1 with tons of excitement around the program and most importantly, 2 Gamedays and 5 sellouts. The cultural impact and money influx cannot be understated. Now, if I was forecasting, I think the Arkansas game is one where we come close to doing what they did against Stanford, but Arkansas is SEC Nebraska so we still win by one score. 53-51 in 2OT where we stop their 2 point conversion.

At Auburn would be the scarier "Stanford-esque" game; however Hugh is using his juju to beat Old Myth. That means they'll be emotionally worn out. State 45-24.

Kentucky is at home and not even Leach ****ed this up. State 41 - 27. Also a sellout again. We're now 8-1 heading to Aggy.

Aggy is gonna have quit by this point and we're the game that gets Jimbo fired on the spot with loss #5 or #6. 28-17.

Back home for mustard buzzards and this is where the story gets nasty. Hunter gets hurt, it's way too close for a 9-1 team, but we escape with the 41-31 win. Also, sellout.

Leading us to the Egg Bowl w/o Hunter but it's at home. Which would also be a sellout and the biggest game of the week and more exciting offense than the Lions - Packers for that day. Without Hunter it's a tough task and I think that's where we end up with the sour 10-2 with a loss 34-51.

But all in all, 2 gamedays, 8 sellouts, huge influx of talent, 10-2. Just no Golden Egg, but we get a NY6 Bowl Berth and a top 10 ranking with another offseason to grow and get even more transfers in as we see how awesome having Deion is for the program.

I feel like that's the better alternative to what we've gotten. At least city of starkville would agree.

I think we beat Ole Miss at home with Deion and Sean Lewis coaching us. Otherwise agree.

preachermatt83
10-15-2023, 05:09 PM
The day sanders is our football coach is the day I am completely done with Mississippi state. And neither of those things will be happening. So.

Tater
10-15-2023, 05:20 PM
I think we beat Ole Miss at home with Deion and Sean Lewis coaching us. Otherwise agree.

Without Travis Hunter and the way Colorado played without him, It'd be a tough task and I think it's akin to their USC game. Trying to keep it somewhat parallel to what has happened in real life.

StarkVegasSteve
10-15-2023, 05:22 PM
The day sanders is our football coach is the day I am completely done with Mississippi state. And neither of those things will be happening. So.

Not saying you are right or wrong, but what is your reasoning for saying that.

Todd4State
10-15-2023, 06:51 PM

Why?

RiverCityDawg
10-15-2023, 07:06 PM

Timing was off by about a month, otherwise Deion definitely would have been the move.

He would be a fantastic hire for multiple reasons, but he ain't coming here now.

confucius say
10-15-2023, 08:48 PM

Why? Not my top choice, but he had improved every team he had coached, sold out stadiums at jsu and colarodo, and has generated millions above normal at both stops

CaptainObvious
10-15-2023, 11:19 PM

This is a real concerning statement for me for multiple reasons, 1 of which is in your screen name. ????

bulldawg28
10-16-2023, 04:15 AM
This is a real concerning statement for me for multiple reasons, 1 of which is in your screen name. ????

We all understand the why. It's the way of the old south

CaptainObvious
10-16-2023, 10:31 AM

Naw. I don?t think that is it. I think it may be character flaws and some of the ways the Colorado players try to intimidate their opponents being a reflection on Sanders arrogance. But he is definitely a players coach IF he perceives they WANT to win. When he walked into that CU locker room and told the team that went 1-11 to start looking for a new home, he was trying to goad them into saying heck naw. We gonna stay here and fight for our spot. Most didn?t and left. Proving him right about them.

And i guarantee you if he has a locker room cancer, he cuts it out. And that includes coaches.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 10:57 AM

I cant say for sure that's why but who knows. I personally wouldnt want him at State and I like him. I'd just want more of a Franklin, Tomlin, or Bowles type of personality.

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2023, 11:01 AM
I would back the Brinks truck up to Prime's house if I thought he was a possibility and I thought he would stay for at least 5 years.
The man is an innovator and a disruptor. He is also one of the hardest working men in sports. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way because of his "persona", but he has always excelled and won. Period.
And like it or not, excelling and winning are what it is all about.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2023, 11:19 AM
I would back the Brinks truck up to Prime's house if I thought he was a possibility and I thought he would stay for at least 5 years.
The man is an innovator and a disruptor. He is also one of the hardest working men in sports. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way because of his "persona", but he has always excelled and won. Period.

For sure. But I fear we have a segment of fans who would rather Mississippi State be the different program that winning is not AS important as personality, character, model citizen.

For those who are critical of someone?s flaws of past behavior, I challenge you to read your Bible and see WHO God chose to use for His Glory. You will find a whole lot of Flawed individuals including murderers. So be careful about holding your Coaches to a higher standard than the Standard God uses.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-16-2023, 11:21 AM
we are 43rd in the country in penalties. Not great but pretty good. Top 1/3 of the country

I guess trotting out 9 guys on defense on 4th down isn't a penalty, but it still throws up some major red flags.

Santiago
10-16-2023, 11:29 AM

We will find out soon how much is Deion and how much of this is Sean Lewis . All the offense is Lewis.
That will be a big loss for Deion soon.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 11:40 AM
I guess trotting out 9 guys on defense on 4th down isn't a penalty, but it still throws up some major red flags.

It's also a sign of injuries taking it's toll and not knowing in the moment who is available.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-16-2023, 12:14 PM
It's also a sign of injuries taking it's toll and not knowing in the moment who is available.

Defending the coaching staff also while admitting they have no idea what's going on is a real talent.

So you are saying it's not the coaches fault because the coaches don't know who is available? Got it

Coach34
10-16-2023, 12:45 PM
Defending the coaching staff also while admitting they have no idea what's going on is a real talent.

So you are saying it's not the coaches fault because the coaches don't know who is available? Got it

the trainers/Dr have to let the coaches know who is available in real time during a game. If a trainer/Dr rules them out nothing a coach can do. Sometimes that communication is not immediate.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2023, 12:49 PM
It's also a sign of injuries taking its toll and not knowing in the moment who is available.

Do What?????

9 players lining up on defense is the fault of the Trainers???? Come on man. Your man crush on this coaching staff is obvious, but talk about reaching for Straws!!!

Coach34
10-16-2023, 01:38 PM
Do What?????

9 players lining up on defense is the fault of the Trainers???? Come on man. Your man crush on this coaching staff is obvious, but talk about reaching for Straws!!!

The coaches called the personnel package. Shouldnt the player know and take responsibility for being out there? Shouldnt the player's back-up know the guy in front of him is in the injury tent? This happens to every team at times during a season but for some reason if it happens under Arnett it's different. Somebody had 13 on defense last weekend in an SEC game. It happens to all teams. Strange how people were quiet when Leach had to burn time-outs when he took too long to call a play or didnt have the WR's in he wanted.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/florida-had-13-players-on-field-during-defensive-play-against-kentucky

Santiago
10-16-2023, 01:43 PM
The coaches called the personnel package. Shouldnt the player know and take responsibility for being out there? Shouldnt the player's back-up know the guy in front of him is in the injury tent? This happens to every team at times during a season but for some reason if it happens under Arnett it's different. Somebody had 13 on defense last weekend in an SEC game. It happens to all teams. Strange how people were quiet when Leach had to burn time-outs when he took too long to call a play or didnt have the WR's in he wanted.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/florida-had-13-players-on-field-during-defensive-play-against-kentucky

Leach was winning games, and with a bad kicker. Had Georgia on his schedule twice also. Heaven help us if we had to endure a Georgia game this season. They would just need to run the clock without stopping on us.

Why then defend the Effed up staff of this year by referencing with a previous coach that was winning games?

Swap Georgia for Vandy or someone last year and we at least had a shot at 10 wins.... most of these players returned this year.

confucius say
10-16-2023, 01:48 PM
Exactly. He called a timeout. Mistakes happen.

The difference is this staff had no idea we had 9 on the field. Not 10 mind you. 9.

NCDawg
10-16-2023, 01:49 PM
I think if we hired Deion Sanders he would help our recruiting immensely. A lot of Southern kids that now wouldn't consider us would probably jump at the chance to play for Deion Sanders.

Tripp McNeely
10-16-2023, 02:03 PM
I think if we hired Deion Sanders he would help our recruiting immensely. A lot of Southern kids that now wouldn't consider us would probably jump at the chance to play for Deion Sanders.

1000%

Jarius
10-16-2023, 02:15 PM

It’s your job as the coach to have everyone on the same page and to retain the information. If you can’t do that as a coach then you aren’t a very good one. Just saying “I told them to do it and they didn’t do it” doesn’t mean it still isn’t your fault as a coach. You have to find a way to get it through to them. That’s what coaches are paid to do.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 02:33 PM
It’s your job as the coach to have everyone on the same page and to retain the information. If you can’t do that as a coach then you aren’t a very good one. Just saying “I told them to do it and they didn’t do it” doesn’t mean it still isn’t your fault as a coach. You have to find a way to get it through to them. That’s what coaches are paid to do.

Totally agree. But sometimes that process breaks down. Happens to all teams. Saban and Bama had 9 pre-snap penalties vs A&M. Some of you are just being ridiculous about it

CaptainObvious
10-16-2023, 03:02 PM
Totally agree. But sometimes that process breaks down. Happens to all teams. Saban and Bama had 9 pre-snap penalties vs A&M. Some of you are just being ridiculous about it

If seeing our program have a high school coach standing on the sidelines telling a D1 Head Football Coach what to do is ridiculing the staff, you are darn right I am!

The Federalist Engineer
10-16-2023, 03:12 PM
Deon is a better fit for MSU and SEC athletes already on the roster, compared to Colorado. He would not be mistake-free as a coach because he has not spent his last 16 years progressing from GA to HC under 6 or 7 different HC bosses.

Just getting Shadeour Sanders is a big plus. Surely an All-Time Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame defensive back as coach could not make our Pass Defense worse.

AROB44
10-16-2023, 03:15 PM
If seeing our program have a high school coach standing on the sidelines telling a D1 Head Football Coach what to do is ridiculing the staff, you are darn right I am!

But it's really ok since that high school coach is a buddy of a certain poster on here.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2023, 03:42 PM

Yeah Saban's skull parted and an angry alien emerged. :)

DownwardDawg
10-16-2023, 04:25 PM

Just curious, what led you to that conclusion?

confucius say
10-16-2023, 04:25 PM

This narrative is a little ridiculous. For many reasons.

Further, Peterson hasn't been a HS coach in a decade. Are we saying if a guy ever coaches in HS he had no value on a college staff? That's not true.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2023, 04:29 PM

Nope. They all have their hands out. Deon bought his talent at JSU. It's why I keep saying he'll win if the Colorado boosters buy him players that are better than his opponents. It's really that simple.
He's do fine at State, if we could out pay everyone else in our conference.

Jarius
10-16-2023, 04:47 PM

If it were just that, I would agree. It’s that on top of how inept we look all the way around.

TrapGame
10-16-2023, 04:59 PM
If it were just that, I would agree. It’s that on top of how inept we look all the way around.

I don't care what anybody says, we are not well coached at all.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2023, 06:34 PM

Further, Peterson hasn't been a HS coach in a decade. Are we saying if a guy ever coaches in HS he had no value on a college staff? That's not true.

So in what high level on the field decision making positions has he coached? Advisor? Recruiting Analyst? Academic Advisor? Head of the Ball Boys?
Regardless, our Head Coach is depending on one former Mississippi High School coach or a former Head Coach at Delta State reading the plays to him out of a 3 ring binder. It is embarrassing to say the least to see that on the sidelines.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 08:13 PM

This all day. Pete is not telling Arnett what to ****ing do. Pete has been a college coach now almost as long as Arnett

Tater
10-16-2023, 08:50 PM
Nope. They all have their hands out. Deon bought his talent at JSU. It's why I keep saying he'll win if the Colorado boosters buy him players that are better than his opponents. It's really that simple.
He's do fine at State, if we could out pay everyone else in our conference.

He'd bring the money into the economy to buy a lot higher caliber players.

Have you not seen the money influx for Colorado?

Coach34
10-16-2023, 09:07 PM
He'd bring the money into the economy to buy a lot higher caliber players.

Have you not seen the money influx for Colorado?

Now this is def true but it's a moot point now

confucius say
10-16-2023, 09:26 PM
So in what high level on the field decision making positions has he coached? Advisor? Recruiting Analyst? Academic Advisor? Head of the Ball Boys?
Regardless, our Head Coach is depending on one former Mississippi High School coach or a former Head Coach at Delta State reading the plays to him out of a 3 ring binder. It is embarrassing to say the least to see that on the sidelines.

Why do you think Campbell and Peterson are telling ZA (or Barbay/Brock) what plays to run?

Homedawg
10-16-2023, 09:39 PM
Why do you think Campbell and Peterson are talking ZA (or Barbay/Brock) what plays to run?

Just mind boggling......

Coach34
10-16-2023, 09:40 PM
Why do you think Campbell and Peterson are talking ZA (or Barbay/Brock) what plays to run?

Because fans are stupid. Thats why.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 09:50 PM
Anybody not wearing a headset on the sideline has almost zero idea whats going on or what is planned. Non-headset people on the sidelines tell the coach who is hurt and such.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2023, 10:03 PM
Why do you think Campbell and Peterson are telling ZA (or Barbay/Brock) what plays to run?

Gotta be one of the craziest theories of all time, bar none. Smh

Todd4State
10-16-2023, 11:03 PM

I don't think he's telling them what plays to run- but he had a large opinion and input in the people who were hired and are not performing well and what direction we should take as a program. A direction that isn't working very well and could lead to our worst season since 2008. And one of the people he brought in is rumored to be meddling with the offense very heavily in Will Friend.

And even if he is telling Zach to meet him and his wife Restaurant Tyler after the game for dinner it's pretty weird to see the football chief of staff standing by the head coach and constantly talking to him as much as he does. Perception is everything and it's not a good look. Campbell holding his massive binder is hilarious because every other analytics person I know is in the booth running simulations. But the old guy with a massive binder and reading glasses is kind of the most MSU thing ever. It's a pretty good representation of how our football program is being run right now.

TrapGame
10-17-2023, 08:51 AM
I don't think he's telling them what plays to run- but he had a large opinion and input in the people who were hired and are not performing well and what direction we should take as a program. A direction that isn't working very well and could lead to our worst season since 2008. And one of the people he brought in is rumored to be meddling with the offense very heavily in Will Friend.

And even if he is telling Zach to meet him and his wife Restaurant Tyler after the game for dinner it's pretty weird to see the football chief of staff standing by the head coach and constantly talking to him as much as he does. Perception is everything and it's not a good look. Campbell holding his massive binder is hilarious because every other analytics person I know is in the booth running simulations. But the old guy with a massive binder and reading glasses is kind of the most MSU thing ever. It's a pretty good representation of how our football program is being run right now.

The optics do not look good.

confucius say
10-17-2023, 11:55 AM

Offense has been about what we thought it would be and is improving. We will see if that continues without will.
The problem is the defense, mainly the secondary. Don't think Peterson had anything to do with that.

Mullen's staff guys were by him. Dudek and Brittany (and sometimes emerick) were by Leach. It's not abnormal. The Peterson blame is just a little weird.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2023, 12:24 PM
Offense has been about what we thought it would be and is improving. We will see if that continues without will.
The problem is the defense, mainly the secondary. Don't think Peterson had anything to do with that.

Mullen's staff guys were by him. Dudek and Brittany (and sometimes emerick) were by Leach. It's not abnormal. The Peterson blame is just a little weird.

Yeah I see the same thing in every college and pro game I watch(accept for bama, because no one wants to be close to saban, lol). Heck I watched Dabo 2 weeks ago talking to his boys repeatedly on the sideline and watch Kirby, he does it too. The difference is if you're winning big you're a genius for getting input from other sources, if you're not being successful it espouses consipracy theories.

ETA I think another reason for this is so many of us are hyper focused on what State is doing we don't pay attention to what is really going on in other games with other teams. In other words you see your own warts more than the warts on others.

Really Clark?
10-17-2023, 12:28 PM
Yeah I see the same thing in every college and pro game I watch(accept for bama, because no one wants to be close to saban, lol). Heck I watched Dabo 2 weeks ago talking to his boys repeatedly on the sideline and watch Kirby, he does it too. The difference is if you're winning big you're a genius for getting input from other sources, if you're not being successful it espouses consipracy theories.

ETA I think another reason for this is so many of us are hyper focused on what State is doing we don't pay attention to what is really going on in other games with other teams. In other words you see your own warts more than the warts on others.

^^^This^^^

Coach34
10-17-2023, 12:43 PM

It's all about building a narrative.

The AR Cult is mad Arnett didnt continue the AR. So because of that- they have tried to turn every little thing possible into a negative against the offense and this staff. You cant do that without some made up yarn about Boosters bringing back their guys to run the program and how they have twisted poor little Zach's head into a "ground and pound" program that can never work at State. So as we transition offensively- they have had to nitpick every little thing possible to be mad about. Doesnt matter if it's correct or not. It's about building that narrative. Many did it in the Spring with Lemon. 90% of the Board was certain he was going to be fired. "No way you can keep him" was said over and over.

That's why I'm so excited about UPig, Auburn, and Kentucky. Winning any of those will just cause them to spin their next talking point about the offense when very little gets mentioned about the defense being so bad.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2023, 12:53 PM

The AR Cult is mad Arnett didnt continue the AR. So because of that- they have tried to turn every little thing possible into a negative against the offense and this staff. You cant do that without some made up yarn about Boosters bringing back their guys to run the program and how they have twisted poor little Zach's head into a "ground and pound" program that can never work at State. So as we transition offensively- they have had to nitpick every little thing possible to be mad about. Doesnt matter if it's correct or not. It's about building that narrative. Many did it in the Spring with Lemon. 90% of the Board was certain he was going to be fired. "No way you can keep him" was said over and over.

That's why I'm so excited about UPig, Auburn, and Kentucky. Winning any of those will just cause them to spin their next talking point about the offense when very little gets mentioned about the defense being so bad.

Yep and I am really curious if we win a couple of these what the new narrative will be or will some of them just vanish in the breeze and not show back up until they can find fault again. Like you I'm excited to see what happens. And I really don't care how we get it done, boring/exciting makes no difference to me, just win baby, just win.

confucius say
10-17-2023, 01:03 PM

But if we lose all 3 of those and finish 4-8?

I'm not as concerned long term about the offense as I am with ZA's ability to run a program from top to bottom and inspire players.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2023, 01:12 PM
But if we lose all 3 of those and finish 4-8?

I'm not as concerned long term about the offense as I am with ZA's ability to run a program from top to bottom and inspire players.

And that's the question to be answered. We'll know a lot more over the next 3 games for sure.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-17-2023, 01:35 PM

Let's hope the training staff is on point for those 3 games.

Jarius
10-17-2023, 01:58 PM

I'm someone who is out on this coaching staff unless they get to a bowl game this year, but the people complaining about our offense when it looks damn near identical to last year and not saying a damn thing about our defense 100% have an agenda and it's annoying as hell that they are willing to make themselves look so ignorant just because of that cult they are in.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2023, 02:55 PM
I'm someone who is out on this coaching staff unless they get to a bowl game this year, but the people complaining about our offense when it looks damn near identical to last year and not saying a damn thing about our defense 100% have an agenda and it's annoying as hell that they are willing to make themselves look so ignorant just because of that cult they are in.
Then you have the camp that I'm in. We know the defense is trash. It's the worst group on the team. But when another poster posts that the offense isn't the problem, we ain't letting that shit fly, because the offense sucks too. The air raid was hard to watch , but this crap isn't worth a damn. Both can be true at the same time.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2023, 02:57 PM

I think it's possible to beat auburn and/or UK. Hopefully we'll get both.

Coach34
10-17-2023, 03:03 PM
Then you have the camp that I'm in. We know the defense is trash. It's the worst group on the team. But when another poster posts that the offense isn't the problem, we ain't letting that shit fly, because the offense sucks too. The air raid was hard to watch , but this crap isn't worth a damn. Both can be true at the same time.

The offense is 8th in the SEC right now just as last season's was. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. We all want it to continue improvement dont we?

DownwardDawg
10-17-2023, 03:18 PM
The offense is 8th in the SEC right now just as last season's was. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. We all want it to continue improvement dont we?

Yes we do. If this staff stays, hopefully we'll get a true dual threat QB in the offseason and see what it looks like next year.

confucius say
10-17-2023, 03:52 PM
I think it's possible to beat auburn and/or UK. Hopefully we'll get both.

Those are our two best chances

Santiago
10-17-2023, 03:57 PM

It is not the AR Cult that is currently mad. I can assure you I visited my hometown in MS, which is a heavy MSU town and sends players to MSU. Those there could care less about an AR debate, but are pissed right now and also say the HC and those in his ear wasted too much energy changing the offense instead of worrying about the defense in the off season.
On this board, I get it is cute to say it is just the AR folks..... but far from it. People are pissed and fed up, and our HC hired 2 OL coaches before even hiring a new OC. There were buddy hires going on, and everyone knows it.

That is hearing it from people that do not waste time on message boards. The product is bad on the field, and they do not care about how many points we scored in losses. Not trying to argue with you by replying to your comments, but at least want to put it out there I heard plenty this past weekend on it. It is becoming a malaise in our base, while the ole miss alums are smelling blood. Something we were unable to do to them when they had Luke coaching, which was create separation .

DesotoDog1967
10-17-2023, 04:24 PM
Just saw Beamer kicked something after the Florida loss and broke his foot. I see his name come up a lot to come to State

Tater
10-17-2023, 05:20 PM
Every game left on our schedule is super winnable. 9-3 is on the table. Just up to the defense to figure their shit out or the offense to be all gas no brakes. Every other team we have left has plenty to be depressed about and are beatable.

sandjunky
10-17-2023, 06:03 PM
Every game left on our schedule is super winnable. 9-3 is on the table. Just up to the defense to figure their shit out or the offense to be all gas no brakes. Every other team we have left has plenty to be depressed about and are beatable.

Please define super winnable?

The Federalist Engineer
10-17-2023, 06:28 PM
Just saw Beamer kicked something after the Florida loss and broke his foot. I see his name come up a lot to come to State

I would be crazy mad about the 3rds and 4ths in long his boys gave up. Damn shame to lose a winnable game in the SEC. Packed house. 11 point lead.

Saltydog
10-17-2023, 06:37 PM

Yeah, how about that. Poor Colorado. I mean, they could've had your boy Arnett and got stuck with Prime.

StarkVegasSteve
10-17-2023, 07:49 PM
Yeah, how about that. Poor Colorado. I mean, they could've had your boy Arnett and got stuck with Prime.

It is not his boy Arnett. It is his boy Peterson.

CaptainObvious
10-17-2023, 09:34 PM
It is not his boy Arnett. It is his boy Peterson.

That is De facto Head Coach Brad Peterson to you young man.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2023, 09:39 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/jGeuf0mcBdh3q/200.gif?cid=6c09b9525p3rbt1r7y7ljo1ioh07bp2qasrj4z qjl0tbb88o&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

CaptainObvious
10-17-2023, 09:43 PM

Every game left in our schedule IS winnable???by one of the two teams playing.