PDA

View Full Version : What no Braves thread, you guys already given up.

SilentSteel16
10-11-2023, 09:39 PM
There was a bunch of big talk in here within the past few months?? How about those Astros taking care of business !!

CaptainObvious
10-11-2023, 09:45 PM
Every Super Hero has a kryptonite. Atlanta?s is Philadelphia. It was a bad draw for the Braves. Best record means nothing in the playoffs.

SilentSteel16
10-11-2023, 09:48 PM
Well it means you get a bye and to setup your pitching better. Not to mention home field advantage in CS. Wouldn?t say it doesn?t matter

SilentSteel16
10-11-2023, 09:49 PM
Every Super Hero has a kryptonite. Atlanta?s is Philadelphia. It was a bad draw for the Braves. Best record means nothing in the playoffs.

Yeah I guess my Astros kryptonite is the dang Royals !! Not sure why they can?t beat them.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2023, 11:38 PM
Naw it ain?t over, it?s baseball. Anything can happen and quite often does in baseball. I mean it?s obviously not an ideal situation but winning 2 in a row is certainly doable.

parabrave
10-12-2023, 12:24 AM
Well at least we didn't choke as bad as the dodgers/ Let's see The dodgers, Baltimore gone. ATL on the ropes and the cheaters the only high seed left/ BTW Baseball is about who gets hot at the right time and who gets their pitching order right.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 07:25 AM

Playoff kryptonite since the 90s. I hate the current playoff format. Having a week off may allow you to set a rotation, but it kills routine for the top teams. But, facts are just like in the 90s, the Braves are built for 162 and not the post season. All the pitching issues they had this year and they didn't go get arms at the deadline was a sign to me. Management is content to make the playoffs and sell out the stadium all season. If they win, great. If not, meh, they got 3 more sell outs. Pisses me off.

chef dixon
10-12-2023, 07:57 AM
Something is off internally

Activated Alpha
10-12-2023, 08:10 AM
Something is off internally

Does the Braves have enough money in their budget or do the boosters want to cough up their money to fire the coaching staff?****

msstate7
10-12-2023, 10:30 AM
Playoff kryptonite since the 90s. I hate the current playoff format. Having a week off may allow you to set a rotation, but it kills routine for the top teams. But, facts are just like in the 90s, the Braves are built for 162 and not the post season. All the pitching issues they had this year and they didn't go get arms at the deadline was a sign to me. Management is content to make the playoffs and sell out the stadium all season. If they win, great. If not, meh, they got 3 more sell outs. Pisses me off.

Eh, they knew fried would be back. Then blisters with fried and a freak injury with Morton. A healthy fried, strider, and Morton equals a completely different series.

And for what it's worth, I don't think this series is over. I expect strider to do his part... it's up to the offense to show up.

If braves pull off this series, they have strider, Morton, and fried for NLCS

msstate7
10-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Braves -155 tonight, so Vegas thinks we see Saturday. Hope they right

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 10:35 AM
Well at least we didn't choke as bad as the dodgers/ Let's see The dodgers, Baltimore gone. ATL on the ropes and the cheaters the only high seed left/ BTW Baseball is about who gets hot at the right time and who gets their pitching order right.

What an idiotic response along with everyone else that still calls the Astros cheaters. You do realize that there are 3 players still on that team correct? Just like all the Twins fans booing the Astros but cheering for Correa. Or the Blue Jays with Springer. Or the Red Sox fans with Cora, or the Mets fans.

Anyone who calls the Astros cheaters are just straight up HATERS, because there is no reason whatsoever to hate the Astros except bias. Every team my man cheats, has been that way since the beginning. If you think the Astros weren?t scapegoats then you are only fooling yourself.

Go Astros !! Again

msstate7
10-12-2023, 10:50 AM
What an idiotic response along with everyone else that still calls the Astros cheaters. You do realize that there are 3 players still on that team correct? Just like all the Twins fans booing the Astros but cheering for Correa. Or the Blue Jays with Springer. Or the Red Sox fans with Cora, or the Mets fans.

Anyone who calls the Astros cheaters are just straight up HATERS, because there is no reason whatsoever to hate the Astros except bias. Every team my man cheats, has been that way since the beginning. If you think the Astros weren?t scapegoats then you are only fooling yourself.

Go Astros !! Again

Did they cheat?

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 10:50 AM

Go Astros !! Again

As Will Clark once said "You got caught partner". Like it or not, when you get caught cheating in sports the label sticks with you.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 11:05 AM
Is having a runner on second base calling out pitches with hand motions cheating? Is turning off hot water in opposing teams clubhouses cheating, is having a pitch count clock start 0.5 seconds later on a home team in the field cheating, is putting pine tar on a bat above the ring cheating, is banging on a garbage can cheating, is having a spotter in the outfield and a UHF transmitter in the stands cheating?

If you answered yes to any of these then you are looking for a competitive advantage over your opponents, which is outside of the rules therefore cheating.

With that being said, isn?t it against the rules for cowbells to be ringing while the QB is under center? I guess that means we as Mississippi State fans are cheating too.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 11:09 AM
Did they cheat?

And to answer your question, no those 3 still on the roster had the lowest amount of outside help. It was investigated and it was found Altuve and Bregman were not apart of the the ?Beltran group.? The other guy is a pitcher so not sure he benefited either. All the managers and other players are gone. I guess they cheated last year as well, and the year before and before that etc etc?

DownwardDawg
10-12-2023, 12:04 PM
I could care less about MLB, but man, you started a thread to talk shit. Your team gets called out and then you get all emotional. Bush league thread.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 12:17 PM
No I started a thread wondering where all the big talk went? For months there have been posts on here about how the Braves are taking it all.

I just was surprised that there was no thread for being one game away from going home. Then the term cheaters was thrown out, not emotional just factual. Every team in every sport is looking for an advantage to include our beloved Bulldogs. Call it bush league if you want but everyone is entitled to their very own opinions. Just glad the Astros are playing still, am I irritated by hypocrisy?.absolutely!

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 12:22 PM
I could care less about MLB, but man, you started a thread to talk shit. Your team gets called out and then you get all emotional. Bush league thread.

I think you were trying to say ? I could NOT care less? what you wrote implies you do in fact care.

Plus this forum is filled with venom and nothing but shit talking whether it be about Lemonis, Arnett, Barbay, Rogers, Forsythe, Leach, Keemun, people that refuse to give money to kids in school, the list goes on and on. Take that vigor to them like you did to me for poking fun at the Braves when their fans were the ones talking all big and bad for months.

To quote a couple ?senior members? on here ?maybe the forums aren?t for you.? Everyone has an opinion but not everyone has to be a hypocrite. That is a choice.

Cowbell
10-12-2023, 12:28 PM
I think you were trying to say ? I could NOT care less? what you wrote implies you do in fact care.

Plus this forum is filled with venom and nothing but shit talking whether it be about Lemonis, Arnett, Barbay, Rogers, Forsythe, Leach, Keemun, people that refuse to give money to kids in school, the list goes on and on. Take that vigor to them like you did to me for poking fun at the Braves when their fans were the ones talking all big and bad for months.

To quote a couple ?senior members? on here ?maybe the forums aren?t for you.? Everyone has an opinion but not everyone has to be a hypocrite. That is a choice.

It's not gonna matter after the rangers handle business

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 12:30 PM
And for the record, I HOPE the Braves can pull it off. It is certainly possible. I can not stand Bryce Harper. I hope they can pull it off just due to that fact alone.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 12:33 PM
It's not gonna matter after the rangers handle business

It is going to be a good series for sure, could go either way just depends on pitching which both teams have. The season head to head is 9-4 Astros but this is postseason play anything can happen. Will be fun either way, hopefully the Braves can make it happen as well.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2023, 12:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH0Qda32IKM

Y'all all need to watch this video and dig it's message lol!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2023, 12:36 PM
It is going to be a good series for sure, could go either way just depends on pitching which both teams have. The season head to head is 9-4 Astros but this is postseason play anything can happen. Will be fun either way, hopefully the Braves can make it happen as well.

Looks like the 2 hottest teams right now are the Diamondbacks and Rangers, but just like you said, it's postseason and anything can happen.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 12:59 PM
Is having a runner on second base calling out pitches with hand motions cheating? Is turning off hot water in opposing teams clubhouses cheating, is having a pitch count clock start 0.5 seconds later on a home team in the field cheating, is putting pine tar on a bat above the ring cheating, is banging on a garbage can cheating, is having a spotter in the outfield and a UHF transmitter in the stands cheating?

If you answered yes to any of these then you are looking for a competitive advantage over your opponents, which is outside of the rules therefore cheating.

With that being said, isn?t it against the rules for cowbells to be ringing while the QB is under center? I guess that means we as Mississippi State fans are cheating too.

You sound like an Ole Miss fan justifying Hugh Freeze.

parabrave
10-12-2023, 01:06 PM

Y'all all need to watch this video and dig it's message lol!

Naw this needs to be on every thread 34, BSD and 21 start!!

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 01:09 PM
You sound like an Ole Miss fan justifying Hugh Freeze.

Care to elaborate on this? I was simply pointing out that anytime there is competition, there is going to be a way to circumvent the rules (cheating.)

Everyone?s common enemy in this thread is Ole Miss. Now you are trying to put me in the category of Ole Miss is funny and manipulative. Are you sure you are not in politics? Your ability to weave unrelated things into one to sway opinions is noteworthy.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2023, 01:11 PM

Right there with ya, Brother!

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 01:12 PM

AMEN !!!

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 01:13 PM

Stealing signs like you describe from second base or even the dugout with your eyes is not and has never been considered cheating. It's not against the rules or against the unwritten rules of baseball. Never has been. Using technology to steal signs is very much against the rules and is cheating.

Never heard that turning off hot water is cheating. Bush league, sure.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 01:15 PM

Y'all all need to watch this video and dig its message lol!

Outstanding CC24!!

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 01:22 PM
Stealing signs like you describe from second base or even the dugout with your eyes is not and has never been considered cheating. It's not against the rules or against the unwritten rules of baseball. Never has been. Using technology to steal signs is very much against the rules and is cheating.

Never heard that turning off hot water is cheating. Bush league, sure.

You might want to ask anyone that was serious about baseball if stealing signs is at a minimum an unwritten rule. Why do you think guys get to wear pitches so often. Stealing signs whether it be human factors or technology is still stealing signs and is against the rules.

The clubhouse deal is now an inside joke but let me tell you from experience, not having power in Baltimore in September and no hot water it makes everything harder. You can?t treat athletes properly without warm water. Even guys that are in between starts get screwed up, we had to fly 3 pitchers back simply because we couldn?t treat them and it would mess up their scheduled recuperation.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 01:39 PM
You might want to ask anyone that was serious about baseball if stealing signs is at a minimum an unwritten rule. Why do you think guys get to wear pitches so often. Stealing signs whether it be human factors or technology is still stealing signs and is against the rules.

The clubhouse deal is now an inside joke but let me tell you from experience, not having power in Baltimore in September and no hot water it makes everything harder. You can?t treat athletes properly without warm water. Even guys that are in between starts get screwed up, we had to fly 3 pitchers back simply because we couldn?t treat them and it would mess up their scheduled recuperation.

Ok, I'm not going to get into a back and forth on this. I am a serious baseball person. I know the history on a lot of baseball. Including sign stealing of catchers. There have never been written or a part of the unwritten rules of baseball of runners picking signs. Batters in the box peaking, that's an unwritten rule against doing so. Runner at second, never has been considered cheating. In the dugout picking a coaches sign, never been considered cheating, even the unwritten rules. It's just not. Read the history on it. Stealing catchers signs by runners started in the mid to late 1880's. Players talked openly to the press about it even back then. It was never an unwritten rule. However, what was and is an unwritten rule, even over a 100 years ago, is someone picking signs in the stands and relaying that information. That's a no-no.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Ok, I'm not going to get into a back and forth on this. I am a serious baseball person. I know the history on a lot of baseball. Including sign stealing of catchers. There have never been written or a part of the unwritten rules of baseball of runners picking signs. Batters in the box peaking, that's an unwritten rule against doing so. Runner at second, never has been considered cheating. In the dugout picking a coaches sign, never been considered cheating, even the unwritten rules. It's just not. Read the history on it. Stealing catchers signs by runners started in the mid to late 1880's. Players talked openly to the press about it even back then. It was never an unwritten rule. However, what was and is an unwritten rule, even over a 100 years ago, is someone picking signs in the stands and relaying that information. That's a no-no.

This is correct. And in 2001, Sandy Alderson issued a ruling for MLB that expressly banned the use of electronics to facilitate sign stealing. Sign stealing was not banned, tech was. And that's why the Astros got popped.
My grandfather played minor league ball in the 30s and 40s - and he taught me how to pick up pitch tipping when I was in high school. He taught me sign stealing too. Both are part of the game. But it is on the field and kept on the field.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 01:52 PM
Care to elaborate on this? I was simply pointing out that anytime there is competition, there is going to be a way to circumvent the rules (cheating.)

Everyone?s common enemy in this thread is Ole Miss. Now you are trying to put me in the category of Ole Miss is funny and manipulative. Are you sure you are not in politics? Your ability to weave unrelated things into one to sway opinions is noteworthy.

Sure, I'll bite. My statement wasn't manipulative - it was comparative. Whenever Ole Miss fans hear someone discussing the blatant, proven cheating that they committed, they throw in every strawman argument and whataboutism they can think of to deflect from the fact that those MFr's were caught red handed. "Everyone pays." "It was just rogue boosters" "It was just a couple of meals" "Those coaches aren't even here anymore" " Don't disparage these young men. If you have a violation to report send it to compliance@olemiss.edu". And that is exactly what you sounded like defending the Astros.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 01:53 PM
This is correct. And in 2001, Sandy Alderson issued a ruling for MLB that expressly banned the use of electronics to facilitate sign stealing. Sign stealing was not banned, tech was. And that's why the Astros got popped.
My grandfather played minor league ball in the 30s and 40s - and he taught me how to pick up pitch tipping when I was in high school. He taught me sign stealing too. Both are part of the game. But it is on the field and kept on the field.

Correct. And historically it doesn't get the negative press because they were not caught but validated by players and staff over the years afterwards was the '51 Giants WS. It was helped by the use of a telescope, buzzer and signs from the bullpen. How much is up to speculation because they didn't get caught.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 02:01 PM

Splitting hairs here I see. Funny how things that have always been a ?part of the game? are now illegal. Sure is interesting how blisters really weren?t much of a problem 15-20 years ago but now with the raised seams and ?de grace? being illegal it seems prevalent. Baseball is evolving and the rules are just now catching up with it. That is what made baseball so great, it had the ability to govern itself but now we get more rules because the old ways are now bad.

Yet we keep guys out of the HofFame for betting on themselves, but we can put guys with Peds in.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 02:04 PM
Correct. And historically it doesn't get the negative press because they were not caught but validated by players and staff over the years afterwards was the '51 Giants WS. It was helped by the use of a telescope, buzzer and signs from the bullpen. How much is up to speculation because they didn't get caught.

Which takes me back to Will the Thrill - "You got caught partner" - What makes baseball so fun and interesting to me is that it has an expansive rule book AND the fabled "Unwritten Rules". All of which may or may not be enforced depending upon the situation at hand. The Pine Tar Incident is a great example. Yeah, its a rule from the early days of the game. Not because it created an advantage, but because it helped keep the balls cleaner (no that is not a joke). And when did anyone ever see it enforced before or since Billy Martin made George Brett go ape? You have Brian McCann go off on Carlos Gomez over the unwritten rule about showing up pitchers after a homer - and now the Braves are the Kings of the Bat Flip. Recreational Drugs were against the rules but steroids were not. You can go on and on.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 02:07 PM
Splitting hairs here I see. Funny how things that have always been a ?part of the game? are now illegal. Sure is interesting how blisters really weren?t much of a problem 15-20 years ago but now with the raised seams and ?de grace? being illegal it seems prevalent. Baseball is evolving and the rules are just now catching up with it. That is what made baseball so great, it had the ability to govern itself but now we get more rules because the old ways are now bad.

Yet we keep guys out of the HofFame for betting on themselves, but we can put guys with Peds in.

Splitting hairs? Dude, don't deflect because you don't know the rules, written or unwritten. Now bringing up irrelevant stuff unrelated to the topic...that's childish. Nothing I've said changed from 1880 to now. Outside help away from the field has always been against the unwritten rules of baseball. Players stealing signs from second has never been against the rules or a part of the unwritten rules. Never.

Go read up on the history before making another uninformed post. And you wanted to act like a douche "serious baseball person"...come on man. Learn before calling others out.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 02:10 PM
Which takes me back to Will the Thrill - "You got caught partner" - What makes baseball so fun and interesting to me is that it has an expansive rule book AND the fabled "Unwritten Rules". All of which may or may not be enforced depending upon the situation at hand. The Pine Tar Incident is a great example. Yeah, its a rule from the early days of the game. Not because it created an advantage, but because it helped keep the balls cleaner (no that is not a joke). And when did anyone ever see it enforced before or since Billy Martin made George Brett go ape? You have Brian McCann go off on Carlos Gomez over the unwritten rule about showing up pitchers after a homer - and now the Braves are the Kings of the Bat Flip. Recreational Drugs were against the rules but steroids were not. You can go on and on.

Absolutely!! There is a mythical romanticism to the sport and its history. I love it.

DownwardDawg
10-12-2023, 02:12 PM

I do not give a rats turd about professional baseball. I did "care" about your trolling post. But carry on. You're doing great.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 02:20 PM
Splitting hairs? Dude, don't deflect because you don't know the rules, written or unwritten. Now bringing up irrelevant stuff unrelated to the topic...that's childish. Nothing I've said changed from 1880 to now. Outside help away from the field has always been against the unwritten rules of baseball. Players stealing signs from second has never been against the rules or a part of the unwritten rules. Never.

Go read up on the history before making another uninformed post. And you wanted to act like a douche "serious baseball person"...come on man. Learn before calling others out.

Not deflecting anything. Bud I don?t know you and you don?t know me but it would be a fair guess on my part that I have maybe a touch more experience with how it all works than you do as a fan.

So yes I stick with a serious baseball person, if you are offended by that then so be it. I made quite a bit of money due to MLB, and I still have several connections that are still there. The deal with the Astros is not as big a deal to the players or organizations as it is with fans.

The Astros got caught yes, so what. You are kidding yourself if don?t think it is still going on. But the fact that fans are so hyper focused on the Astros is funny. They cheated as much as every other team.

I know first hand what the unwritten rules are, and yes they are still actively enforced by the players but NOW MLB is trying to regulate it with all these rules now. What was looked down on decades ago was still illegal, this is a moot point.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 02:24 PM

This is correct!!!! it is what MADE baseball stand apart.

The MLB is trying to become the NCAA and put a regulation on everything. Just go back to the roots of the sport and it will self correct !!

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Not deflecting anything. Bud I don?t know you and you don?t know me but it would be a fair guess on my part that I have maybe a touch more experience with how it all works than you do as a fan.

So yes I stick with a serious baseball person, if you are offended by that then so be it. I made quite a bit of money due to MLB, and I still have several connections that are still there. The deal with the Astros is not as big a deal to the players or organizations as it is with fans.

The Astros got caught yes, so what. You are kidding yourself if don?t think it is still going on. But the fact that fans are so hyper focused on the Astros is funny. They cheated as much as every other team.

I know first hand what the unwritten rules are, and yes they are still actively enforced by the players but NOW MLB is trying to regulate it with all these rules now. What was looked down on decades ago was still illegal, this is a moot point.

Oh I know, you've mentioned it before. But you are right you don't me or how much I played or what levels, not just a fan so you couldn't offend me. Doesn't mean you know the unwritten rules on sign stealing. A runner at second picking a catchers sign is not an unwritten rule. Never has been.

Btw, not once did I bring up the Astros in all of this and what happened back then. You keep referring to it but I haven't. I've stayed with the HISTORY of acceptable sign stealing in baseball and generally what's never been acceptable.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 02:46 PM
Oh I know, you've mentioned it before. But you are right you don't me or how much I played or what levels, not just a fan so you couldn't offend me. Doesn't mean you know the unwritten rules on sign stealing. A runner at second picking a catchers sign is not an unwritten rule. Never has been.

Btw, not once did I bring up the Astros in all of this and what happened back then. You keep referring to it but I haven't. I've stayed with the HISTORY of acceptable sign stealing in baseball and generally what's never been acceptable.

All this was started by someone calling the Astros (cheaters.). All I was doing was pointing out how it was not just them. Not deflecting, not not owning up to they were caught, but just stating a fact.

I threw out an in general statement about baseball guys, you got touched by that evidently and now here we are. To each his own.

Back on subject though, I would love to see the Braves win it and knock the Phillies out. It is entirely possible for that to happen and I think they can do it.

This thread was meant as a funny poking thread towards a handful of posters who I don?t even think have replied yet, oh well on that account. Then the thread was called bush league and only trying to talk shit about something. If that is looked down on then all threads should be held to the same standard. This thread kinda took off into different directions with certain people but again, Internet forum so be it what it is.

Go Dawgs, Go Stros and Go Steelers !!!

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 02:51 PM
This is correct!!!! it is what MADE baseball stand apart.

The MLB is trying to become the NCAA and put a regulation on everything. Just go back to the roots of the sport and it will self correct !!

I definitely agree with you that the game should be allowed to self-regulate itself like it used to. But, advertisers don't want bean balls, don't want adverse risk to stars, and think ads on uniforms are great - so rules will be made.
No more hard slides. No more spikes up. No more fastballs to the back.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 02:54 PM
I definitely agree with you that the game should be allowed to self-regulate itself like it used to. But, advertisers don't want bean balls, don't want adverse risk to stars, and think ads on uniforms are great - so rules will be made.

No more real baseball. I love the sport but it's lost some of what made it great.

SilentSteel16
10-12-2023, 03:03 PM
No more real baseball. I love the sport but it's lost some of what made it great.

On this we completely agree !!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2023, 03:51 PM

100% and I while i still love the game so much, I miss the game the way it was taught to me and how it was played when I got into it. Players made the game and took care of things on the field. For the most part they let the players regulate the action but that's been taken away and a big part of what made the game great. I miss guys like Bob Gibson, Frank Robinson, Don Baylor, Don Drysdale, etc..Men that played the game the right way. I still love to watch videos of some the old games where the guys played hard, respected their opponent and the game, and competed at such a high level. Yeah i know I'm a dinosaur, SO WHAT, lol!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2023, 03:52 PM

100%! Have some rep!

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 04:41 PM
On this we completely agree !!

100%

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2023, 04:59 PM
AA screwed up by not adding at least one quality starting pitcher at the deadline. It was obvious we needed another reliable arm. I was screaming for Verlander. But we stood pat, just added a utility infielder. Elder should be our 5th starter at best, not our 3rd. Soroka looking like he might be done hurt badly. Throw in Morton, Anderson and Wright all getting hurt and what was a strength quickly became a weakness.

And I was always scared of the Phillies. They seem to have our number a little bit. I was rooting hard for the Marlins, because we own them. That band box Philly calls a stadium sucks. Also, don't get me started on Snit changing the lineup for game 1. You've had maybe the best offense in baseball history and used the same lineup almost all season. Then you decide to randomly change it in the freaking playoffs? That kind of thing is why I've never been a big Snit fan. I think he's below average as a a manager. Should've started Smith-Shawver last night instead of Elder, too. Elder has been bad the second half and a borderline dumpster fire the last month.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2023, 05:45 PM
100% and I while i still love the game so much, I miss the game the way it was taught to me and how it was played when I got into it. Players made the game and took care of things on the field. For the most part they let the players regulate the action but that's been taken away and a big part of what made the game great. I miss guys like Bob Gibson, Frank Robinson, Don Baylor, Don Drysdale, etc..Men that played the game the right way. I still love to watch videos of some the old games where the guys played hard, respected their opponent and the game, and competed at such a high level. Yeah i know I'm a dinosaur, SO WHAT, lol!

Give me Bob Horner coming out of the clubhouse in a cast to beat on Kurt Bevaqua and Champ Summers any day! I want grudges that last years. I want 75 year old Don Zimmer so pissed that he goes after Pedro. It's real.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2023, 06:38 PM
Give me Bob Horner coming out of the clubhouse in a cast to beat on Kurt Bevaqua and Champ Summers any day! I want grudges that last years. I want 75 year old Don Zimmer so pissed that he goes after Pedro. It's real.

Yes sir!

RockyDog
10-12-2023, 10:28 PM
Hope you enjoyed the series, AA. Watching your greatest hitting team of all time get absolutely shut down by Ranger Suarez TWICE in a short series.

Now get off your ass and spend some money on pitching for once