PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for you geniuses

Coach34
10-11-2023, 12:43 PM
I keep seeing all this bluster that we are going to fire Arnett and company. Threads already popping up about possible replacements and such. You guys did this during baseball when some of us kept telling you Lemon wasnt going to be fired and get another year. We saw what happened. Boosters told the AD he had permission to fire Fox but he wasnt getting the money to fire Lemon and the rest of the staff. The same is happening now- people that know people think Arnett is going to get a Y2.

Couple that with the bluster that Boosters are controlling things and glad to have their "ground and pound" guys on staff that are in Arnett's ear bears the question:

What makes you think those guys are going to give up that control after 1 season? What makes you think they are going to pony up to buyout Arnett? The AD doesnt fire anybody without permission from Keenum and the Foundation who have to pay the buyout. We dont have buyout money in our athletic budget. That money comes from the Foundation and/or private funds thru Keenum

R2Dawg
10-11-2023, 12:46 PM
Agree CZA gets one more year but he must make some changes and turn it around. Even if we don't get 6 this year, he needs some positive energy ending the season. Win 6 and well, that is the floor starting next year.

Next year it is put up or go home either way. 6 or more wins next year to keep job - period.

KB21
10-11-2023, 12:47 PM
1. Arnett's buyout is not costly to Mississippi State.
2. He's not a national championship winning coach.
3. Season ticket sales will hit a historical low if he is retained.
4. Good luck recruiting any skill players to play in this shit offense.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2023, 12:48 PM
Baseball was about the pitching coach. He got fired. People thought we should make a change, but that's about it. This situation is in no way like that situation where a Natty was on the table and the coach had been here in place awhile. Selmon can't sit back after the whole baseball deal either. The fans will be done with all this if he does. And I should've prefaced all that with Arnett still can change this. He just has to win games.

RezDog7
I keep seeing all this bluster that we are going to fire Arnett and company. Threads already popping up about possible replacements and such. You guys did this during baseball when some of us kept telling you Lemon wasnt going to be fired and get another year. We saw what happened. Boosters told the AD he had permission to fire Fox but he wasnt getting the money to fire Lemon and the rest of the staff. The same is happening now- people that know people think Arnett is going to get a Y2.

Couple that with the bluster that Boosters are controlling things and glad to have their "ground and pound" guys on staff that are in Arnett's ear bears the question:

What makes you think those guys are going to give up that control after 1 season? What makes you think they are going to pony up to buyout Arnett? The AD doesnt fire anybody without permission from Keenum and the Foundation who have to pay the buyout. We dont have buyout money in our athletic budget. That money comes from the Foundation and/or private funds thru Keenum

If we don't win an SEC game and still keep Arnett, we're not serious about football and might as well just change our name to MSU commodores. We are on the brink of irrelevance as it is now.

BoomBoom

Those people are assuming what we are seeing (a crap product) will continue throughout the season and including the Egg Bowl. And maybe it will, if so yes he'll be fired, because the money guys will want it too by then. But maybe it won't. If he puts up a good show to finish the season, he'll get year 2.

DownwardDawg
10-11-2023, 12:51 PM

5. Arnett just hired Sexton. Contract negotiations get a lot more complicated. Cut bait.

KB21
10-11-2023, 12:52 PM
5. Arnett just hired Sexton. Contract negotiations get a lot more complicated. Cut bait.

6. Zac Selmon didn't hire him, and he's a young AD (37) who is wanting to make a name for himself.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 12:52 PM

You are full of shit if you think we do not have the money.

His buy out is less than what we paid Mullen per year 10 years a go. And not all due at once. They get to deduct what he gets from his next job and it's divided up and paid out for 4 years.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 12:53 PM

All true!

MafiaDawg
10-11-2023, 12:56 PM
The situations are very different. If someone has to explain it to you, then you probably won?t comprehend it either.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 01:05 PM
You are full of shit if you think we do not have the money.

His buy out is less than what we paid Mullen per year 10 years a go. And not all due at once. They get to deduct what he gets from his next job and it's divided up and paid out for 4 years.

I didnt say we didnt have the money- reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. What makes you think they will spend it? They have to give the ok for the AD to make that call. We only get to deduct it if he gets another job for next year. He may decide to take a year off to play with the kids and live on their land while drawing that nice paycheck. Also, its not paid off over 4 years- its 3. 3 years left on his contract after this one.

All this "Selmon wants to make aa name for himself" crap only happens if he gets permission to do so.

KB21
10-11-2023, 01:05 PM
The situations are very different. If someone has to explain it to you, then you probably won?t comprehend it either.

I'm suspecting that some are worried that a certain former high school coach who they are buddies with, who has somehow gotten unusual power over the program right now, will not survive a coaching change, and therefore they are pushing against said coaching change.

gtowndawg
10-11-2023, 01:12 PM
We have the money.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 01:17 PM
We have the money.

Nobody said we dont. Having money and spending it are two different things

Wink&aPrayer
10-11-2023, 01:21 PM
I'm suspecting that some are worried that a certain former high school coach who they are buddies with, who has somehow gotten unusual power over the program right now, will not survive a coaching change, and therefore they are pushing against said coaching change.

Peaches reachin' and preachin'

confucius say
10-11-2023, 01:22 PM
If we go 4-8 and lose by multiple touchdowns on thanksgiving at home in front of 35k fans, there will be no choice but to fire him.
If he gets to 6-6, he stays.

The real conversation will be if he goes 5-7. My guess is he is fired unless there is a bolt of energy between now and then. Our program is lifeless right now. No energy.

KB21
10-11-2023, 01:25 PM
No energy will be added with this crap offense Barbay is running.

Santiago
10-11-2023, 01:26 PM
I am reading this that Coach34 heard conversations to be confident on the post. He knows something.
Seems still to me it is a fluid situation though, and he needs to show improvement.

DesotoDog1967
10-11-2023, 01:30 PM
Ole Miss wouldn't put up with another year if they weren't the one with a brash young national known coach like they have now. Wacky Leach counterbalanced Kiffin. Arnett is in permanent little brother status

Coach34
10-11-2023, 01:31 PM
I am reading this that Coach34 heard conversations to be confident on the post. He knows something.
Seems still to me it is a fluid situation though, and he needs to show improvement.

Good job. Also look at Rosey’s article today. The hints are out there

viverlibre
10-11-2023, 01:31 PM
I think most rational fans realize he's for sure back at 5-7 and likely back at 4-8, lose to USM, then lose to UM, he's likely gone.

If the wheels completely come off and we get blown out vs Ark, UK the Barn and OM, then he may be gone at 4-8

TrapGame
10-11-2023, 01:32 PM

Man, you working hard for your boys. Did Brad text you this?

If we don't win an SEC game and still keep Arnett, we're not serious about football and might as well just change our name to MSU commodores. We are on the brink of irrelevance as it is now.

This is it right here.

I'll get back on board if this staff can show me some serious improvement. Beat Arkansas and either Auburn or Kentucky and I can see giving Arnett next year too. But, at this point I see us 0-8 in the SEC w/ an absolute prison rape by ole miss.

Santiago
10-11-2023, 01:33 PM
Good job. Also look at Rosey?s article today. The hints are out there

Hints, and a concerted effort to sell it on the fanbase in a reasonable way from what it seems.
We need some wins though.
edit: and I hate to say it, or think it, but we better not get blown out in Croom fashion against ole miss.

viverlibre
10-11-2023, 01:33 PM
At this point, 3-3, we are exactly where rational fans though we'd be.

As with most seasons, we have 5 toss up games, we've lost one (USCe), if we can get two of Ark, UK, the Barn or OM, we end 6-6 and the season looks much better. That is possible if Arnett gets more involved with the D and we just slow down opponents a little.

Vegas had our O/U at 6 1/2 wins.

confucius say
10-11-2023, 01:34 PM
Good job. Also look at Rosey’s article today. The hints are out there

If he goes usm and winless from here out with blowouts and no fans on thanksgiving, ZS won't have a choice. There would be a revolt.

KB21
10-11-2023, 01:38 PM
If they keep him, it would be the most Mississippi State decision ever. Of course, this fanbase will get exactly what it deserves if that happens for how some treated a legendary coach. We will lose our better recruits because they know their skills will not be showcased under Barbay.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 01:38 PM
If he goes usm and winless from here out with blowouts and no fans on thanksgiving, ZS won't have a choice. There would be a revolt.

I do agree that 0-8 in the SEC makes a change possible. I just don’t think we go 0-8

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 01:52 PM
Ole Miss wouldn't put up with another year if they weren't the one with a brash young national known coach like they have now. Wacky Leach counterbalanced Kiffin. Arnett is in permanent little brother status

No they wouldn't. They'd let him lose his last 5 games while he's openly trying to get another job and then give him a 2+ mil raise.

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 01:54 PM
If they keep him, it would be the most Mississippi State decision ever. Of course, this fanbase will get exactly what it deserves if that happens for how some treated a legendary coach. We will lose our better recruits because they know their skills will not be showcased under Barbay.

Actually Barbay and Bump and the biggest reasons our best WR recruits are bought in with this class.

HancockCountyDog
10-11-2023, 01:56 PM
Its pretty simple - if he goes 6-6 or better he is safe.

He goes 5-7 and beats the bears, he is most likely safe.

He goes 4-8 or 5-7 with a loss to the bears, he is most likely not safe.

The issue that people are ignoring is that everyone with eyes understands that next year is a rebuilding year. Its hard to sell a rebuilding year in year 2, after winning less than 6 games in year 1. Most people won't think that the same coach that coached a senior laden team the prior year is the right guy for a rebuilding job. Toledo is one of the best teams in the MAC and Arizona State may have Jaden Rashada still on their team next year.

Really Clark?
No they wouldn't. They'd let him lose his last 5 games while he's openly trying to get another job and then give him a 2+ mil raise.

He's right^^^

KB21
Actually Barbay and Bump and the biggest reasons our best WR recruits are bought in with this class.

Those recruits committed before they realized how little the WRs are used in this offense.

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 02:03 PM
Those recruits committed before they realized how little the WRs are used in this offense.

BS. We wouldn't have ever gotten one of them committed if we had stayed with the previous offense and position coach.

KB21
10-11-2023, 02:07 PM
BS. We wouldn't have ever gotten one of them committed if we had stayed with the previous offense and position coach.

Yeah, because we all know WRs really want to play in an offense where they don't get touches.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2023, 02:07 PM

This is correct.

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 02:09 PM
Yeah, because we all know WRs really want to play in an offense where they don't get touches.

You can keep spewing your ignorance but they are the reason we even got the commitment. It's wasn't happening with the previous staff.

KB21
10-11-2023, 02:11 PM
You can keep spewing your ignorance but they are the reason we even got the commitment. It's wasn't happening with the previous staff.

Keep trying to convince yourself of that.

Jarius
10-11-2023, 02:17 PM
I do agree that 0-8 in the SEC makes a change possible. I just don?t think we go 0-8

Basically every model out there has us losing every SEC game. That’s why we are discussing this. The chances of us going 0-8 in the SEC are relatively high, % wise.

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 02:17 PM
Keep trying to convince yourself of that.

I don't have convince myself of an actual fact. Lol.

Political Hack
10-11-2023, 02:20 PM
If he is on the hot seat, they'd be dumb to leak it this early in the season. If he's fired, it'll be done quickly and without much if any notice.

If he's retained, we're going to have to sell football tickets to people who are interested in watching paint dry. I 100% hope I'm wrong and it works out, but it's been PAINFUL to watch this team.

KB21
10-11-2023, 02:22 PM

No. It's not. The previous staff would have gotten JJ Harrell and Noreel White very early in the process. The previous staff's pursuit of Trey Petty likely would have lead to Braylon Burnside as well.

Dawgology
10-11-2023, 02:26 PM
If we go 4-8 and lose by multiple touchdowns on thanksgiving at home in front of 35k fans, there will be no choice but to fire him.
If he gets to 6-6, he stays.

The real conversation will be if he goes 5-7. My guess is he is fired unless there is a bolt of energy between now and then. Our program is lifeless right now. No energy.

This is the correct answer. 5-7 with a win over Ole Miss will probably keep him. Our boosters are that shallow I?m afraid. It?s why we hire the way we do. It?s why our game day atmosphere is the way it is. We don?t have enough boosters with enough money to supersede the ones who are still ?poor ole Mississippi State? and ?beating Ole Miss is all that matters?. The short sightedness is perplexing.

Churchill
10-11-2023, 02:28 PM
We should be more focused on what it will cost to keep Arnette than what it would cost to fire him. With all the changes going on in college football this an especially bad time for State to spend two years digging a hole that it's going to take a lot longer to dig out of.

Todd4State
10-11-2023, 02:34 PM
Our boosters don't make decisions after six games into the season.

Losing to Ole Miss tends to have an impact.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 02:36 PM

No point in arguing w a guy who is always "right". Even though in this case, he'd be wrong.

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 02:36 PM
No. It's not. The previous staff would have gotten JJ Harrell and Noreel White very early in the process. The previous staff's pursuit of Trey Petty likely would have lead to Braylon Burnside as well.

What??? Clueless. That's not true

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 02:41 PM
No point in arguing w a guy who is always "right". Even though in this case, he'd be wrong.

I know. He just makes up stuff.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2023, 02:46 PM
I haven't seen a man love another man the way KB does Leach since Brokeback Mountain. It's really sad. The man didn't recruit at all and his offense was mid at best. He was fun to drink with though. Always had a quirky comment. Did quirky things that quirky people love I guess.

Johnson85
10-11-2023, 02:46 PM
Its pretty simple - if he goes 6-6 or better he is safe.

He goes 5-7 and beats the bears, he is most likely safe.

He goes 4-8 or 5-7 with a loss to the bears, he is most likely not safe.

The issue that people are ignoring is that everyone with eyes understands that next year is a rebuilding year. Its hard to sell a rebuilding year in year 2, after winning less than 6 games in year 1. Most people won't think that the same coach that coached a senior laden team the prior year is the right guy for a rebuilding job. Toledo is one of the best teams in the MAC and Arizona State may have Jaden Rashada still on their team next year.

This is what keeps getting me. If you ask me in a vacuum does MSU fire a coach after one year for going 4-8, I would say no way. He's probably gone after year two, but we're just not going to fire a coach after one year without at least a bad OOC loss.

But then you think about the fact that next year is a huge rebuilding year, and it just looks ugly. Arnett probably doomed himself when he decided to start the rebuild on offense a year early because he wanted to move away from air raid concepts. I think Arnett is smart and can be a good coach, but he made his job unnecessarily hard this year and struggled because of it. Presumably next year he will have learned somethings, but the drop in talent is probably going to far outpace any improvements he makes in coaching. So then he's going to be in a portal world with a bad two year track record trying to convince new players to come her and the existing players with options to stay, and that just seems damn near impossible.

TrapGame
10-11-2023, 02:48 PM
Our boosters don't make decisions after six games into the season.

Losing to Ole Miss tends to have an impact.

That's how we wound up giving Jomo the "bowl game extension". And the bowl game just proved we should have fired him to begin with.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 02:50 PM
I haven't seen a man love another man the way KB does Leach since Brokeback Mountain. It's really sad. The man didn't recruit at all and his offense was mid at best. He was fun to drink with though. Always had a quirky comment. Did quirky things that quirky people love I guess.
He was a ton of fun to hang out with. Good guy.

KB21
10-11-2023, 02:52 PM

Yeah. I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong about Barbay and his offense when I tried to tell a few numb skulls this off season what would happen.

Offshore Dawg
10-11-2023, 02:54 PM

Now this is funny ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 02:56 PM
Yeah. I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong about Barbay and his offense when I tried to tell a few numb skulls this off season what would happen.

Ooooooklkkkkk

MBDawg601
10-11-2023, 02:56 PM
I don't see how any of you could have watched any game this season and think we win any SEC games.

I'm telling you right now. USM is going to give us all we want and may win.

We are a very very bad football team. Like mid tier in the MAC bad. Our only shot to win a SEC game was when South Carolina made Tulu look like a heisman contender. We couldn't even close that one out.

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 02:59 PM
No energy will be added with this crap offense Barbay is running.

There was no energy in the crap offense last year. Hell, I can throw a dump pass to the running back or screen pass to a WR.

TrapGame
10-11-2023, 03:02 PM
I don't see how any of you could have watched any game this season and think we win any SEC games.

I'm telling you right now. USM is going to give us all we want and may win.

We are a very very bad football team. Like mid tier in the MAC bad. Our only shot to win a SEC game was when South Carolina made Tulu look like a heisman contender. We couldn't even close that one out.

I'm there with ya. I feel the same way. We look like day old vomit. The USM game is going to go a lot like the WMU game did, but we may be on the losing end.

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 03:10 PM

Too bad our QB doesn't throw it to them.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2023, 03:12 PM
I'm there with ya. I feel the same way. We look like day old vomit. The USM game is going to go a lot like the WMU game did, but we may be on the losing end.

Y'all must not have seen usm play. You think we're bad, they're defense couldn't stop steven hawking, they're really really bad. WMU would beat them by 3 tds easy

Commercecomet24
10-11-2023, 03:13 PM

Dang Cooter! That's hilarious!

And I liked Leach a ton every since the first time I saw his offenses at work and listened to him speak. Was a great guy!

KB21
10-11-2023, 03:14 PM
Too bad our QB doesn't throw it to them.

It has very little to do with the QB and a lot to do with play calling and scheme. But you know that already. We have had 1 WR with more than 12 receptions through 6 games. Last year, we have 7 WRs with at least 30 receptions on the year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 03:15 PM
I didnt say we didnt have the money- reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. What makes you think they will spend it? They have to give the ok for the AD to make that call. We only get to deduct it if he gets another job for next year. He may decide to take a year off to play with the kids and live on their land while drawing that nice paycheck. Also, its not paid off over 4 years- its 3. 3 years left on his contract after this one.

All this "Selmon wants to make aa name for himself" crap only happens if he gets permission to do so.

Yeah yeah... you made it sound like poor ol MSU can't afford the buy out.

The facts is he gets 50% of what's owed. They deduct anything he gets in a new job. We are not some broke ass university. We got the money!

TrapGame
10-11-2023, 03:15 PM
Y'all must not have seen usm play. You think we're bad, they're defense couldn't stop steven hawking, they're really really bad. WMU would beat them by 3 tds easy

Well, at least we can count on 4 wins.***

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 03:16 PM

Hell, the WMU 3rd string QB may transfer to USM before the game just so he can put up more heisman numbers and get over drafted.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 03:17 PM
Good job. Also look at Rosey?s article today. The hints are out there

There are no articles by 247 Gene34. None that say what you stated.

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 03:18 PM
It has very little to do with the QB and a lot to do with play calling and scheme. But you know that already. We have had 1 WR with more than 12 receptions through 6 games. Last year, we have 7 WRs with at least 30 receptions on the year.

Feeling cute, might throw another bubble screen.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 03:22 PM

BS! Total BS!

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 03:25 PM
There was no energy in the crap offense last year. Hell, I can throw a dump pass to the running back or screen pass to a WR.

Has already been proven that's a false narrative. He only passed to the RBs 29% of the time.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Feeling cute, might throw another bubble screen.

We throw bubble screens now.

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 03:34 PM
BS! Total BS!

Nope

KB21
10-11-2023, 03:39 PM
I tell ya, that damn Mike Leach. Offensive system sucks. Doesn't recruit. It's no wonder he won 60% of the games he coached in during his career at three non-blue blood schools. Wait? Something isn't right here. This terrible coach with a terrible system and bad recruiting won 60% of his games?

Dawgface
10-11-2023, 03:40 PM

What makes you think the baseball team will be any better this coming season? Or that the football team will be any better next year under Arnett? The cigar boys may not want to cough up the money now but apathy will be at an all time low by the end of 2024. I know I don't give a rats a$$ about either sport right now.

sandjunky
10-11-2023, 03:45 PM
I do agree that 0-8 in the SEC makes a change possible. I just don?t think we go 0-8

The ?Hedge?

I don?t care either way - both leachs offense (at least at state) and this team are boring as hell to watch

What makes you think the baseball team will be any better this coming season? Or that the football team will be any better next year under Arnett? The cigar boys may not want to cough up the money now but apathy will be at an all time low by the end of 2024. I know I don't give a rats a$$ about either sport right now.

So you are excited then since your apathy is at an all time low

Really Clark?
10-11-2023, 04:06 PM
I tell ya, that damn Mike Leach. Offensive system sucks. Doesn't recruit. It's no wonder he won 60% of the games he coached in during his career at three non-blue blood schools. Wait? Something isn't right here. This terrible coach with a terrible system and bad recruiting won 60% of his games?

53% his last decade at his last 2 stops. Great program runner, very smart mind, below avg recruiter, offense innovation but behind the times.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2023, 04:10 PM
A lot of people liked Leach. He was an intelligent and quirky guy. He was just past his prime as Coach. I mean he wasn't planning coach many more seasons. It's a shame how things happened but anyone looking at our roster seeing the things going on in MS with top recruits know how bad recruiting went off the rails.
Lotta people like Arnett too. But things are a bit if a mess. It's about business now. This ain't college football 1998 anymore. It's about money and entertainment more than it is about developing kids for three years. Kids are free agents now. Times change and people either keep up or they fade away.

Dawgface
10-11-2023, 04:36 PM
So you are excited then since your apathy is at an all time low

Say what?

Coach34
10-11-2023, 04:55 PM
There are no articles by 247 Gene34. None that say what you stated.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/article/sec-high-school-football-signees-transfer-rates-217900862/

Coach34
10-11-2023, 04:58 PM

At least in this offense our TB?s are no longer the leading pass catcher

confucius say
10-11-2023, 05:04 PM

Are you a believer in this staff specifically or just this offense?

Commercecomet24
10-11-2023, 05:27 PM
Well, at least we can count on 4 wins.***

For sure lol! Not very encouraging is it?

KB21
10-11-2023, 05:33 PM

He?s actually the second leading receiver on the team this year. It?s quite hilarious that this idea of using the backs in the passing game is considered bad football by you. It goes along with your dated philosophy that throwing the ball is bad.

parabrave
10-11-2023, 05:40 PM

Instant Rep

EdwardDrayton
10-11-2023, 05:49 PM
The genius pool door is open to you anytime day or night Coach. We're here for ya' brother!! :)

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 05:49 PM
He?s actually the second leading receiver on the team this year. It?s quite hilarious that this idea of using the backs in the passing game is considered bad football by you. It goes along with your dated philosophy that throwing the ball is bad.

Throwing to the back isn't bad. Throwing to him to be decapitated is. Also, when the qb's are 11-28 and the like in a couple games hard for the wr to get any catches.

KB21
10-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Throwing to the back isn't bad. Throwing to him to be decapitated is. Also, when the qb's are 11-28 and the like in a couple games hard for the wr to get any catches.

Then you realize that the play calls, route combos, and play design of Barbay?s passing offense sucks,

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 05:55 PM
Then you realize that the play calls, route combos, and play design of Barbay?s passing offense sucks,

Right, bc Will was always great w CML. Couldn't get a first down against kentucky.

KB21
10-11-2023, 06:01 PM
Right, bc Will was always great w CML. Couldn't get a first down against kentucky.

Third all time leading passer in SEC history!

We went from one of the best play callers and play designers in college football to one of the worst in one season.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 06:02 PM

We went from one of the best play callers and play designers in college football to one of the worst in one season.

Why is he not first he's thrown it 60 times a game for 3 years???? And I noticed you skipped the part about the rb's getting killed. Dodge deflect.
And you skipped the part about the uk game. And the other few games we didn't scratch w CML and will. How? How did that happen??

Saltydog
10-11-2023, 06:05 PM
And some of us see that keeping Lemonis was a mistake just like keeping CZA will be a colossal mistake. We will likely be worse next year. Then there's that small fraction that likes to slob the knob of both.

KB21
10-11-2023, 06:06 PM
Why is he not first he's thrown it 60 times a game for 3 years???? And I noticed you skipped the part about the rb's getting killed. Dodge deflect.
And you skipped the part about the uk game. And the other few games we didn't scratch w CML and will. How? How did that happen??

I ignored it because it rarely happened. It?s just more made up shit about Mike?s offense.

EdwardDrayton
10-11-2023, 06:07 PM
Jerry Jones is not involved with our program, is he?!!? ****

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 06:07 PM
I didn't even realize Will has 300+ more attempts than the second place guy. Just wow.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 06:09 PM
I ignored it because it rarely happened. It?s just more made up shit about Mike?s offense.

What that uk shoved it up our ass?? As did bama, uga, and ole miss..... I won't go further.
And if you didn't see about back get decleates you never watched.

EdwardDrayton
10-11-2023, 06:28 PM
Blah blah yada yada.

We're staring at the very real possibility of going 4-8 or 5-7. After the bill of goods we were sold about continuity, Arnett DESERVES to go. Find the 17n buyout money and stop pulling our dick$. Otherwise fill out the Sunbelt application and be done with this pretense.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2023, 06:59 PM
Blah blah yada yada.

We're staring at the very real possibility of going 4-8 or 5-7. After the bill of goods we were sold about continuity, Arnett DESERVES to go. Find the 17n buyout money and stop pulling our dick$. Otherwise fill out the Sunbelt application and be done with this pretense.

They've been pulled so long everyone should be blind by now.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 07:11 PM
I didn't even realize Will has 300+ more attempts than the second place guy. Just wow.

Yeah he has. And still isn’t the passing leader yet.

That’s because Marks is the school’s all-time leading pass catcher. Which is hilarious considering KB bitching about WR touches

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Yeah he has. And still isn’t the passing leader yet.

That’s because Marks is the school’s all-time leading pass catcher. Which is hilarious considering KB bitching about WR touches

What's even funnier is he's 1200 yards behind Aaron Murray, who played under mark richt who absolutely ran a pro style offense and wasn't air raid. Hahahah.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-11-2023, 07:44 PM
Blah blah yada yada.

End of the discussion. Not much else to say.

IMO, all these "We're keeping Arnett" rumors are to keep the class together. If he keeps loosing, they'll fire him at the end of the year.

remember, a few weeks ago C34 was saying Arnetts' buyout was 100% of his contract. We now know it's 50%. Is that because C34 was assuming things, or lying? Probably just making assumptions that fit his narrative. He's all aboard the Arnett train and he wants to quell us rioters by telling us "he's not getting fired so shut up".

Again, unless the team starts playing better we'll be 0-8/1-7 and get absolutely boatraced by OM. The boosters will decide what to do then. C34 is too smart to actually believe October 11th is when boosters make decisions about coach.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 07:46 PM
End of the discussion. Not much else to say.

IMO, all these "We're keeping Arnett" rumors are to keep the class together. If he keeps loosing, they'll fire him at the end of the year.

remember, a few weeks ago C34 was saying Arnetts' buyout was 100% of his contract. We now know it's 50%. Is that because C34 was assuming things, or lying? Probably just making assumptions that fit his narrative. He's all aboard the Arnett train and he wants to quell us rioters by telling us "he's not getting fired so shut up".

Again, unless the team starts playing better we'll be 0-8/1-7 and get absolutely boatraced by OM. The boosters will decide what to do then. C34 is too smart to actually believe October 11th is when boosters make decisions about coach.

Really no point in dealing in rumors. Bc we have 6 games left. Those 6 will determine his fate. But carry on.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 08:23 PM
Really no point in dealing in rumors. Bc we have 6 games left. Those 6 will determine his fate. But carry on.

yep

My post was about all the coaching names being thrown around and how some think its a done deal at this point. Not even close.

basedog
10-11-2023, 08:28 PM
What's even funnier is he's 1200 yards behind Aaron Murray, who played under mark richt who absolutely ran a pro style offense and wasn't air raid. Hahahah.

Murray had speed at wideouts and they were play makers. Something we have lacked forever.

Jarius
10-11-2023, 08:29 PM
yep

My post was about all the coaching names being thrown around and how some think its a done deal at this point. Not even close.
It is not a done deal at all, but when 2 national writers put your coach on a hot seat list it’s because your AD is back channeling agents about their clients interest in their job should things continue to go south. It’s a very real possibility.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 08:42 PM
Murray had speed at wideouts and they were play makers. Something we have lacked forever.

Just pointing out a FACT that he played in a pro style offense NOT the air raid. And threw it way less than Rogers. That's all.

basedog
10-11-2023, 08:50 PM
Just pointing out a FACT that he played in a pro style offense NOT the air raid. And threw it way less than Rogers. That's all.

I know, I really like that offense they ran. We need speed and playmakers. Gonna be interesting to see what adjustments we make against the Hogs, I hope.

TrapGame
10-11-2023, 08:51 PM
It is not a done deal at all, but when 2 national writers put your coach on a hot seat list it?s because your AD is back channeling agents about their clients interest in their job should things continue to go south. It?s a very real possibility.

Bingo.

Let's face it, if Selmon is worth a damn he's already got a firm gauging interest so he doesn't get caught flat footed 6 weeks from now if we have to pull the trigger. He needs to be proactive, not reactive.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 08:54 PM
Are you a believer in this staff specifically or just this offense?

I like the way the offense is moving. It's easily more enjoyable to watch. We are transitioning and the slow start was part of that. I've seen an offense get better the last 3 weeks- we were better against Bama than we have been in awhile. With 2 weeks to prepare and even tho its on the road- we should have a solid day offensively. UPig is middle of the pack defensively and has improved alot in Pass D since last season when they were terrible. I expect us to play hard and the game should come down to the 4th Q

Defense will probably decide the outcome vs UPig- not offense

KB21
10-11-2023, 09:43 PM
I like the way the offense is moving. It's easily more enjoyable to watch. We are transitioning and the slow start was part of that. I've seen an offense get better the last 3 weeks- we were better against Bama than we have been in awhile. With 2 weeks to prepare and even tho its on the road- we should have a solid day offensively. UPig is middle of the pack defensively and has improved alot in Pass D since last season when they were terrible. I expect us to play hard and the game should come down to the 4th Q

Translation: We run the ball and don?t do much in the passing game, so you like it.

Coach34
10-11-2023, 09:51 PM
Translation: We run the ball and don?t do much in the passing game, so you like it.

We are 9th in Total offense currently after being 8th in the SEC last year
We have improved from last in the SEC in Yards Per Pass to 10th currently.
Scoring remains the same
Rushing is greatly improved
Yards per play is up this year to 6.06 from 5.5 last year
And we are at 51% run/49% pass- BALANCE

Love where we are going offensively

State82
10-11-2023, 10:00 PM

True story right here. Kinda like pitching. It usually decides the outcome unless you are completely abysmal on offense.

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 10:06 PM

I wish we would throw it to the fullback more

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 10:11 PM
If the defense decides the game, we're toast.

Homedawg
10-11-2023, 10:13 PM
If the defense decides the game, we're toast.

Agree. But I think he means who has the worst defense that day. But I'm not optimistic.

RezDog7
10-11-2023, 10:43 PM
Agree. But I think he means who has the worst defense that day. But I'm not optimistic.

I know, but I've seen ours live. Jefferson's fat ass will throw for 4 fitty

sandjunky
10-12-2023, 04:40 AM
Say what?
Apathy being low = not really apathetic

KB21
10-12-2023, 06:27 AM
Scoring remains the same

There is nothing balanced about this offense. EPA per play is down around 40% from last season, and they have played weaker defenses this year than they did at the same point last year.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-12-2023, 06:39 AM
6. Zac Selmon didn't hire him, and he's a young AD (37) who is wanting to make a name for himself.

If that?s truly the case, then Selmon is the one that needs to be fired. Selmon wasn?t hired to ?make a name for himself?. He was hired to run the MSU athletic department. A good AD doesn?t hire/fire to make a name for himself. A good AD hires/fires based upon what is in the best interest of the program.

Pancho
10-12-2023, 07:10 AM
He should if he wants to be the AD at a more prestigious university

confucius say
10-12-2023, 07:29 AM

And OL. Ours are G5 guys.

But Murray>Rogers

confucius say
10-12-2023, 07:31 AM

Ok. But are you a believer in this specific staff as a whole or just this offense?

confucius say
10-12-2023, 07:33 AM
Scoring remains the same

Scoring is going to be several points fewer than last year imo. We've played two horrible defenses in USCe and LSU, one of the worst FCS teams in America, a mid PAC 12 team, and a MAC team picked last in its conference.

HancockCountyDog
10-12-2023, 09:01 AM

Arkansas' Defense is actually solid. They held LSU to 34 points which may not seem like anything to crow about, but I think LSU is a top 5 offense in the country, hell it might be the best.

Their offense is god-awful. Any time you can make the bearshark defense look good, you know your offense is putrid.

Our defense just needs to be competent and we should win the game.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2023, 09:11 AM
With us missing starters next week, it's going to be interesting. I think getting Arkansas after AL and at 11:00 is to our advantage. Turnovers can win us the game. This game comes down to a couple things: (1) has Arkansas folded a little (2) can we get an Arizona effort from the defense.
See, I can be optimistic when I try. I just want to win and let the coaching chips fall where they may.

TrapGame
10-12-2023, 09:22 AM
If we beat Arkansas Pittman's done. And if we do beat Arkansas I hope it builds some confidence with the team and coaches that leads to at least one more SEC win.

BlackSailsDawg
10-12-2023, 09:59 AM
If we beat Arkansas Pittman's done. And if we do beat Arkansas I hope it builds some confidence with the team and coaches that leads to at least one more SEC win.

Pittman isn't going to be fired after this season. They just gave him a new lucrative deal.

TrapGame
10-12-2023, 10:03 AM
Pittman isn't going to be fired after this season. They just gave him a new lucrative deal.

Walmart laughs at chump change.

BlackSailsDawg
10-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Walmart laughs at chump change.

It's more JB than Walmart. Walmart doesn't give money to sports. Nor do the Waltons.

But they love Pittman in Ark. He is at home.

Really Clark?
10-12-2023, 10:17 AM

There is an article out on Pitman that he has a performance clause in his buyout. If he drops below .500 in wins, they only pay 50% of his buyout.

R2Dawg
10-12-2023, 11:40 AM
There is an article out on Pitman that he has a performance clause in his buyout. If he drops below .500 in wins, they only pay 50% of his buyout.

Smart contract. Hope we got something like that.

HancockCountyDog
10-12-2023, 12:04 PM
With us missing starters next week, it's going to be interesting. I think getting Arkansas after AL and at 11:00 is to our advantage. Turnovers can win us the game. This game comes down to a couple things: (1) has Arkansas folded a little (2) can we get an Arizona effort from the defense.
See, I can be optimistic when I try. I just want to win and let the coaching chips fall where they may.

The way the things have lined up, its hard to make any excuses for a loss to Arkansas at this point.

WPS
10-12-2023, 12:11 PM
Arkansas' Defense is actually solid. They held LSU to 34 points which may not seem like anything to crow about, but I think LSU is a top 5 offense in the country, hell it might be the best.

Their offense is god-awful. Any time you can make the bearshark defense look good, you know your offense is putrid.

Our defense just needs to be competent and we should win the game.

Yeah a lot of people assume the Arkansas defense is as horrible as it was last year but they've actually been respectable, it's just the offense has put the defense in terrible positions all year with turnovers and just general ineptness. There have been about 7-14 points given up per game directly responsible by the offense over the last few games.

I definitely think Pittman is in dangerous territory if Arkansas ends up 3-9 or 4-8 this year. From listening to some national podcasts there are rumors that the AD is putting feelers out there already just in case. Honestly he might be better served going ahead and retiring while he still has some good will with fans rather than prolonging it and making it more toxic next season with another bad year.

TrapGame
10-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Yeah a lot of people assume the Arkansas defense is as horrible as it was last year but they've actually been respectable, it's just the offense has put the defense in terrible positions all year with turnovers and just general ineptness. There have been about 7-14 points given up per game directly responsible by the offense over the last few games.

I definitely think Pittman is in dangerous territory if Arkansas ends up 3-9 or 4-8 this year. From listening to some national podcasts there are rumors that the AD is putting feelers out there already just in case. Honestly he might be better served going ahead and retiring while he still has some good will with fans rather than prolonging it and making it more toxic next season with another bad year.

And that's what a good AD should do. If ours is just listening to the good ole boys pile on the manure instead of being proactive and gauging interest he should be fired too.

Our game looks like it's going to be who's the toughest 5 year old on the playground.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2023, 06:26 PM
Even if Arnett survives, does Brock? Brock is a Leach guy it's not like Arnett asked for him.

Jarius
10-12-2023, 11:06 PM
Even if Arnett survives, does Brock? Brock is a Leach guy it's not like Arnett asked for him.

Brock should have been fired a month ago

Todd4State
10-12-2023, 11:28 PM

I'll be very surprised if Brock and Barbay are back.

Bothrops
10-13-2023, 01:06 AM
The offensive scheme isn't the problem. It wasn't a problem at App State. We've had a struggling OL and poorer, even more inconsistent qb play. It's like when I was a kid at the fair once shooting the basketball through the oblong hoop and the carny standing there says ..."It's like sex, you got to get it up before you can get it in."

Pancho
10-13-2023, 05:28 AM
sounds as if CZA may go full on tuberville and let em all go huh?

KB21
10-13-2023, 06:15 AM
sounds as if CZA may go full on tuberville and let em all go huh?

Peterson have some more friends he wants to get on the staff?

viverlibre
10-13-2023, 07:51 AM
The offensive scheme isn't the problem. It wasn't a problem at App State. We've had a struggling OL and poorer, even more inconsistent qb play. It's like when I was a kid at the fair once shooting the basketball through the oblong hoop and the carny standing there says ..."It's like sex, you got to get it up before you can get it in."

I wish we would have just transitioned to the Relf Coast Offense from the beginning. Told Will, thanks, but you may want to look elsewhere for career opportunities.

KB21
10-13-2023, 08:00 AM
I wish we would have just transitioned to the Relf Coast Offense from the beginning. Told Will, thanks, but you may want to look elsewhere for career opportunities.

It's amazing to me that some still believe that running the ball all the time and being ineffective at throwing it is the way to win.

DesotoDog1967
10-13-2023, 08:13 AM
It's amazing to me that some still believe that running the ball all the time and being ineffective at throwing it is the way to win.

QB Draw on 3rd and 7 doesn't sound that exciting