PDA

View Full Version : NHL Opening Night!!!

EdwardDrayton
10-10-2023, 06:58 PM
Alright hockey fans! Time to come out of the closet on ED and profess your love of the game!!

My Pens open in the 'Burgh against the Blackhawks.

And, by the way, State has had a club team in the past that played games in Pelham. Anybody know if they're still around?

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Mako
10-10-2023, 07:50 PM
I?m also a big Pens fan. Grew up outside Pittsburgh. With the whole NIL fiasco in college football I?ve been watching hockey and becoming a big fan.

Santiago
10-10-2023, 07:51 PM
Chicago Blackhawks fan, actually.
no other reason than sort of knowing their radio broadcaster and hanging out with him each summer near Lake Michigan. He was also former player. It has been fun to get information each summer.

EdwardDrayton
10-10-2023, 08:07 PM
Blackhawks have a bright future with Conor Bedard among others.

Santiago
10-10-2023, 08:40 PM
Blackhawks have a bright future with Conor Bedard among others.

I hope so. Supposed to be all that, but we will see.
Crosby though. Dang.

EdwardDrayton
10-10-2023, 09:09 PM
A piece of history happening tonight.

Crosby, Malkin and Letang begin their 18th season with the Pittsburgh Penguins against the Blackhawks. They break a tie with Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Jorge Posada, who were teammates for 17 seasons with the Yankees.

The longest tenure in the four major sports ever.

Santiago
10-10-2023, 09:21 PM
A piece of history happening tonight.

Crosby, Malkin and Letang begin their 18th season with the Pittsburgh Penguins against the Blackhawks. They break a tie with Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Jorge Posada, who were teammates for 17 seasons with the Yankees.

The longest tenure in the four major sports ever.

That is incredible and a heck of a good run for a fan of the Penguins.
Hoping the Blackhawks are about to start some good seasons.
Bedard may be on an NHL learning curve tour this season.

Homedawg
10-10-2023, 09:29 PM
Alright hockey fans! Time to come out of the closet on ED and profess your love of the game!!

My Pens open in the 'Burgh against the Blackhawks.

And, by the way, State has had a club team in the past that played games in Pelham. Anybody know if they're still around?

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Hockey is really entertaining, I just don't watch it. Actually, watching it is higher than reading a thread started by kb or backsails. So there's that.

Santiago
10-10-2023, 09:42 PM
Did not expect the Blackhawks to come back in this game. Exciting 3rd.

EdwardDrayton
10-10-2023, 09:46 PM
Did not expect the Blackhawks to come back in this game. Exciting 3rd.

Three unanswered, two in the third. They've worked their way back in it.

Santiago
10-10-2023, 09:51 PM
Three unanswered, two in the third. They've worked their way back in it.

What are the projections for both teams this year?

EdwardDrayton
10-10-2023, 10:00 PM
What are the projections for both teams this year?

Don't think either are projected very high to win their division. Pens because of their age (only team average age over 30) and Blackhawks because they're so young.

SPDawgs
10-13-2023, 10:07 AM
My preds are so very young and unexperienced this year but play hard from the first two games. Saros has to keep the the games low scoring

Offshore Dawg
10-13-2023, 11:43 AM
hockey pucking , wolf !!!!

bobcat91
10-13-2023, 11:48 AM
Flyer fan here, but not much to look forward to. I will say that seeing a game live would make most people fans. It is extremely fast and physical. Very fun to watch

DownwardDawg
10-13-2023, 12:12 PM
Headed to a Pred's game soon! Was in Mississippi opening night but I'm definitely gonna catch one soon!!

DownwardDawg
10-13-2023, 12:13 PM
Hockey is really entertaining, I just don't watch it. Actually, watching it is higher than reading a thread started by kb or backsails. So there's that.

Hahaha!!!

EdwardDrayton
10-13-2023, 03:41 PM
Flyer fan here, but not much to look forward to. I will say that seeing a game live would make most people fans. It is extremely fast and physical. Very fun to watch

Absolutely true. Seeing a game from seats on the glass will make anyone an instant fan.

EdwardDrayton
10-13-2023, 03:43 PM
Headed to a Pred's game soon! Was in Mississippi opening night but I'm definitely gonna catch one soon!!

Yep. My son and I are going to try and make a Predators game this season. It's a lot closer than the 'Burgh!!

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2023, 04:01 PM
Stars fan here. Hoping we can go a step further this season and make the Finals. Las Vegas is going to be a hell of a hard team to beat, though.

EdwardDrayton
10-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Stars fan here. Hoping we can go a step further this season and make the Finals. Las Vegas is going to be a hell of a hard team to beat, though.

On bookshelves soon. Vegas Golden Knights: How to create an instant playoff team with an NHL expansion draft.

EdwardDrayton
10-13-2023, 09:25 PM
Jarry with the shutout 4-0 and the Pens spoil the Caps opening night in DC. Nice bounce back after the Pens opening loss to the Blackhawks. Crosby with two and Malkin with one. Never gets old beating Ovechkin, Wilson and the dirty ass Caps. Game ends with two fighting majors in the last minute.