PDA

View Full Version : MSU baseball news media today.....video

99jc
10-09-2023, 06:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfJQUWIHeAA

Coach34
10-09-2023, 08:47 PM
Love hearing that Big Country is developing. He has alot of arm talent. Him being a legit Weekend guy makes us that much better

Coach34
10-09-2023, 09:43 PM
Lmao- the baseball I told you so is gonna be epic come June

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 09:52 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I thought we would bounce back last year. We didn't.

The rest of the SEC did really well in the portal. We didn't.

I'm in wait and see mode.

Coach34
10-09-2023, 10:20 PM

We didnt based on what? Until they actually play on the field- none of the rating shit matters.

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 10:37 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I thought we would bounce back last year. We didn't.

I'm in wait and see mode.

Portal could have been better. We needed a Skenes type of ace and there really wasn't one this year. Holman is good but I'm fine with Khal Stephens. In reality the pitching coach hire was WAY more critical for us than the portal and I think we nailed that. Holcombe, Loo, and Loftin are all MLB.com top 200 draft prospects coming out of high school. So we have some talent. Just really need someone that can develop it. There was also some concern about Cam Schuelke getting drafted and we got him to school which was huge. I do think there is a good chance that someone emerges as the Friday guy and is legit. I think it's Holcombe. I've seen him pitch and the talent is very evident. It was also very evident that he was frustrated at times with the pitch selection and watching from afar I can definitely see why.

There were a lot of people with some bad info on Montgomery. If we had gotten him I would predict us as an Omaha type team. As it is we have Dakota Jordan and Hunter Hines. Offense wasn't the issue last year any way. We have enough freshmen stepping up this fall that I feel confident at least one of them will be able to contribute right away. As far as the portal I think Kohler will give us similar offense as Alford but with much better defense. We knew we were getting Cupp so getting a MIF wasn't really a priority. Only thing we whiffed on was another OF. Johnny Long is going to be a really good pick up at catcher.

Lot of focus on improving the defense. And I think Cupp and Logan Kohler will do that for us this year. Defense in baseball is always about reps and putting work in. We do that and we will be fine. Biggest concern for me potentially is our LF arm strength if it ends up being Chance or Larry. We'll probably take the offense and just take the good with the bad there.

As it is I think we're a SR team.

CaptainObvious
10-12-2023, 06:40 PM
Well then. Let?s all load up the bus and run over to Ruston and Saturday to check out which Bulldogs have actually improved! Who?s getting the gas?

The Federalist Engineer
10-13-2023, 10:05 AM
I wish these Fall games could be broadcasted. Pay per View is fine, use the dollars for a Japanese kid.

When you don't have a broadcast, you get hyperbolic "journalist" write up's about "dominant", "electric" and "elite" stuff from Stinnett and KC Hunt.

I wonder if a true SEC Ump will be used. The kind of guy that will really test the strike throwing.