PDA

View Full Version : Mullen to State.

War Machine Dawg
10-08-2023, 04:05 PM
You all see what I did there. In all seriousness, he's available, but no way I think going back is a good idea. While we'd appreciate each other more now, no reason to risk a Polk II. Plenty of other coaches available.

The big question for is us at the administration level. Are we ready to admit CFB is semipro using universities as licensees? Are we going to go all in on winning and take off the handcuffs we've placed on ourselves for my entire life? Get our hands dirty and be serious about trying to win? Do what we want and dare the NCAA to do something? Finally gain control of our Cigar Boys who think they should and do run the show? Because those are the questions smart coaches will be asking in an interview. Unless we start playing by the same rules as everyone else, nothing is going to change, especially with NIL imbalances and TX & OK joining next year. Might even get worse if rumblings of FSU & Clemson wanting to join prove true. And I still think we want to add North Carolina and one of VA or VA Tech. The conference didn't put the SEC Network HQ in Charlotte, outside the footprint, on accident.

DownwardDawg
10-08-2023, 04:09 PM
Thought this was another Mullen to Michigan State thread.

Goldendawg
10-08-2023, 04:16 PM
Dan can make millions in the role he has now without the headaches of this out of control college football. If we are this bad when they go to mega conferences, we will be left out. We have the worst "HC & coaching staff" in the SEC except maybe vandy and we are now in fact, the vandy of the West. I have been to almost every home game, a few road games & a few bowls in the last 60 years and this is again bottom of the barrel. Get off your butts, your pocketbook, hire a real, exciting SEC level coach or leave and that includes our President and our newest on the job training AD (we seem to do that a lot also). We seem to have a very large number of rookie on the job training people throughout our football program at this time. Get serious about our football program now. Hail State!