PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: Any word from Fall Ball?

The Federalist Engineer
10-08-2023, 03:50 PM
All I see is the worthless social Media videos. This year, no Team Goat or Team Cheese roster or Box Scores
are being shared.

Goldendawg
10-08-2023, 04:46 PM
Lemonis says we make a jump to 12th, maybe even 11th in the SEC with the new PC. Just have more patience!******

TNDawg35
10-08-2023, 06:12 PM
All I see is the worthless social Media videos. This year, no Team Goat or Team Cheese roster or Box Scores
are being shared.

There was a write up about game one on someone’s Twitter I saw. I remember a new kid had a walk off single in the end and Dakota Jordan hit one in the lofts again. Said the kid from Purdue looked good and I remember seeing the side winders name but can’t remember what he did. I think it was like 5-4 or 6-5 in the first game.

Haven’t seen anything after that. How social media people suck in my opinion. Although, they haven’t had much good to talk about but even OM has that stupid ass show the season or some shit…

magrooder
10-08-2023, 06:23 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. (for real)

Todd4State
10-08-2023, 06:39 PM
We have some pitchers that have taken a step forward- I think the rotation in my opinion is going to be Colby Holcombe who I think has a chance to emerge as the ace, Khal Stephens, and Evan Siary. Loo might get the third spot. Dohm may get some starts early on but I think he ends up in the bullpen as a relief ace. Cam Schuelke is the sidearmer mentioned above. He is going to give us someone with a different arm slot(s) that can eat innings which we needed last year. I think Logan Forsythe or Stone Simmons will be the closer again if it isn't Dohm. Brock Tapper is our best left on left guy. Makhai Grant is hurt- might be out all year. Reilly Byers is a freshman who might get some work in as well.

We'll be better defensively. Highfill is better. Johnny Long gives us a much better back up option than last year too.

Hunter Hines and Logan Kohler are going to be the corner INF guys. Mershon, Dylan Cupp, and Amani Larry are fighting for the two MIF spots. Nate Chester has had a solid fall. We'll see if he can carry it over into the spring.

Dakota Jordan will be in RF with Hujsack in CF. LF seem to be up for grabs between Larry if he doesn't win a MIF spot, Bryce Chance, maybe Aaron Down if he is healthy this spring, and maybe a frehman like Stephen Spalitta, Luke Dotson, Rives Reynolds, or Michael O'Brien. All are candidates for the DH spot as well.

Todd4State
10-08-2023, 06:39 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. (for real)

I'm actually looking forward to it. I think we'll be pretty good. Probably make a Super Regional at least.

sandjunky
10-08-2023, 06:44 PM
I'm actually looking forward to it. I think we'll be pretty good. Probably make a Super Regional at least.

Wish I shared that optimism but I’ll be surprised if this team makes Hoover

EdwardDrayton
10-08-2023, 06:57 PM
I'm not falling for offseason hype ANYMORE. Not in any sport.

Goldendawg
10-08-2023, 07:11 PM

This. Fell for the CZA/FB hype and at 68 should have known much better. I criticized both the media & SEC Coaches Poll for picking us dead last. They saw a lot we didn't on many of our maroon colored glasses fan sites and press releases.

Todd4State
10-08-2023, 07:17 PM
Wish I shared that optimism but I’ll be surprised if this team makes Hoover

If I'm wrong I'll own it. And also if I'm wrong we'll get a new coach and that will probably fix it.

Todd4State
10-08-2023, 07:18 PM
This. Fell for the CZA/FB hype and at 68 should have known much better. I criticized both the media & SEC Coaches Poll for picking us dead last. They saw a lot we didn't on many of our maroon colored glasses fan sites and press releases.

FWIW I never bought the hype. And I took a lot of flack for it.

AlSwearengen
10-08-2023, 07:31 PM
Sucks that Grant is hurt. I assume elbow?

What is going on with the lefty from Desoto Central that pitched midweek and strangely had better command of his change than his fastball? His name escapes me.

99jc
10-08-2023, 07:38 PM

lol you are a Dreamer!!

99jc
10-08-2023, 07:40 PM

Womens BB will be very good!

Coach34
10-08-2023, 08:28 PM
We have too much talent to fail in 2024

Saltydog
10-08-2023, 08:29 PM
We have some pitchers that have taken a step forward- I think the rotation in my opinion is going to be Colby Holcombe who I think has a chance to emerge as the ace, Khal Stephens, and Evan Siary. Loo might get the third spot. Dohm may get some starts early on but I think he ends up in the bullpen as a relief ace. Cam Schuelke is the sidearmer mentioned above. He is going to give us someone with a different arm slot(s) that can eat innings which we needed last year. I think Logan Forsythe or Stone Simmons will be the closer again if it isn't Dohm. Brock Tapper is our best left on left guy. Makhai Grant is hurt- might be out all year. Reilly Byers is a freshman who might get some work in as well.

We'll be better defensively. Highfill is better. Johnny Long gives us a much better back up option than last year too.

Hunter Hines and Logan Kohler are going to be the corner INF guys. Mershon, Dylan Cupp, and Amani Larry are fighting for the two MIF spots. Nate Chester has had a solid fall. We'll see if he can carry it over into the spring.

Dakota Jordan will be in RF with Hujsack in CF. LF seem to be up for grabs between Larry if he doesn't win a MIF spot, Bryce Chance, maybe Aaron Down if he is healthy this spring, and maybe a frehman like Stephen Spalitta, Luke Dotson, Rives Reynolds, or Michael O'Brien. All are candidates for the DH spot as well.

If Siary is in the starting rotation it's going to be a LONG year.

EdwardDrayton
10-08-2023, 08:31 PM
We have too much talent to fail in 2024

Oh you've really jinxed us now. ****

Coach34
10-08-2023, 08:33 PM

Yeah- hard to believe a true freshman might improve as a Soph

basedog
10-08-2023, 08:57 PM
I plan on going back to Dude this spring. I’m hoping on seeing MSU baseball that I have watched since the very early 70’s.

Way too much drama going on for me last year to attend.

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 12:47 AM

We'll see if he makes a jump or not. If he doesn't we have Loo.

I've heard he has made a jump.

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 12:48 AM
I plan on going back to Dude this spring. I’m hoping on seeing MSU baseball that I have watched since the very early 70’s.

It's different when family is involved.

basedog
10-09-2023, 06:28 AM
It's different when family is involved.

If you only knew.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2023, 08:02 AM
I think it may help to have little to no expectations this year. The pressure will be off. We aren't defending a Title....we aren't trying to avenge an Ole Miss Title....just go out with a clean slate and play ball. That's my hope anyway...no pressure.

That being said, I am not buying that we will be a postseason team until my eyes tell me too. Lemonis has definitely lost my trust and confidence. Really hope we have a great year. Lord knows we need it. We appear on the brink of some dark athletics days in the sports our fan base loves most.

Jans and crew should be solid. I'm betting the lack of good sports at MSU right now could help basketball attendance in a big way. I could see everyone getting behind a winning team that plays hard like Jans teams have so far.

sandjunky
10-09-2023, 11:02 AM

I believe it - I?ve never bashed a player here or on other platforms because I too could have one playing one day at a high level

basedog
10-09-2023, 12:51 PM
I believe it - I?ve never bashed a player here or on other platforms because I too could have one playing one day at a high level

Good luck, don't read message boards and get in an area with friendly fan base. It can get brutal.

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 01:35 PM
If you only knew.

I do.

Leroy Jenkins
10-09-2023, 05:52 PM
Parker has made a much bigger impact than I thought. We are way more into the analytics and movement patterns. Much more swagger also.

AlSwearengen
10-09-2023, 08:00 PM
Just watched some of the post fall interviews and paid close attention to Stone Simmons. He mentioned how they have been working on movement, as in how their body moves and improving it. To the typical 50 yr old couch potato who played high school sports years ago when we were told that working out wasn’t good for baseball players, we don’t really understand the importance of it. Movement and flexibility is the next big thing or maybe current big thing in the fitness industry. They are even making a big deal about it in the Seal teams, Delta, and other top tier military units, trying to improve their performance.

The Federalist Engineer
10-13-2023, 05:37 PM
What have we heard about Nolan Stevens?

I wish the fall ball could be on a live cast. These interviews are propaganda videos. I want them to be true, but would love to see an actual game.