PDA

View Full Version : Our defensive talent is bad. How is it gonna improve?

msstate7
10-08-2023, 07:39 AM
Our defenses have always been built on good dlines. One look at our current commits shows me we don't appear to have any big time disruptive dline commits. And worse, OM has 3 of the top 4 dlinemen locked up in the state. We suck this year on defense bc of talent. If arnett isn't correcting that, I don't see how he turns this around

basedog
10-08-2023, 07:43 AM
We swung and missed in the portal with DB's we got. They are more of a problem than our DL. Not sold on our DC, adjustments are lacking big time.

Cooterpoot
10-08-2023, 08:13 AM
It's not. Arnett can't recruit. McBath hasn't recruited. Brock hasn't recruited. We sat on older players that aren't good enough. It's identical to baseball. We don't even have a lot of players from the last three classes because there terrible.

Offshore Dawg
10-08-2023, 08:36 AM
Buy better players, ( see you can say that now ).

Hire better coaches.

Not any more difficult than this.

EdwardDrayton
10-08-2023, 08:54 AM
On the upside our linebackers can tackle. It's just they get to do it a lot. :)

Bothrops
10-08-2023, 07:41 PM
Our defenses have always been built on good dlines. One look at our current commits shows me we don't appear to have any big time disruptive dline commits. And worse, OM has 3 of the top 4 dlinemen locked up in the state. We suck this year on defense bc of talent. If arnett isn't correcting that, I don't see how he turns this around

Our commit, Terrance Hibbler is possibly the best interior Dlineman in Mississippi this year. Ole Miss has killed us on recruiting DL though.