Is what it looks like.

We don't fly around.
We don't look like we enjoy playing.
We have zero swagger.
We have zero confidence.

Agree, something?s not right.

TNDawg35
10-07-2023, 04:13 PM
I agree, something is off. I have no clue what it is, but I also saw where Arnette pretty much said Tulu was suspended for the 1st half.

The only person who isn’t playing scared is Marks and he is getting demolished.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2023, 04:19 PM
It's so strange. If there's one thing I expected an Arnett team to do, it was play with fire and energy.....but it just hasn't been there. I never expected Arnett to be a home run, but the lack of high energy, physical toughness has honestly been surprising to me. And frankly extremely disappointing

Really Clark?
10-07-2023, 04:23 PM
Bookie and Jett are playing hard. Some of the young guys are too but they are not quite ready. Pick is playing pretty hard just so thin they are wearing out early. Until late in the first half, the defense was playing pretty well. Then they adjusted and we went to pot completely.

I think the RB's are all playing pretty hard. Roberson played hard today I thought. Creed was playing hard and was his best blocking day as well.

NCMSTFAN
10-07-2023, 04:24 PM
Agree 100% I said it last week but just look at the body language of the players on the sidelines. No one looks happy, very little cheering, everyone looks like they want to be somewhere else. Say what you want about JoMo but his teams were fired up on the sidelines. We definitely look nothing like an SEC team right now

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2023, 04:33 PM
Bookie and Jett are playing hard. Some of the young guys are too but they are not quite ready. Pick is playing pretty hard just so thin they are wearing out early. Until late in the first half, the defense was playing pretty well. Then they adjusted and we went to pot completely.

I think the RB's are all playing pretty hard. Roberson played hard today I thought. Creed was playing hard and was his best blocking day as well.

Yeah, they just started throwing the ball and we cannot stop anyone. Starkville High would have good passing stats against us right now. And I am serious when I say that.

DownwardDawg
10-07-2023, 04:43 PM
It's so strange. If there's one thing I expected an Arnett team to do, it was play with fire and energy.....but it just hasn't been there. I never expected Arnett to be a home run, but the lack of high energy, physical toughness has honestly been surprising to me. And frankly extremely disappointing

Agree. It's the opposite of what we thought we'd see. This is much more like JoMo or Croom. The team gets pushed around and doesn't play with intensity.

This isn't State football.

Jarius
10-07-2023, 04:45 PM

I heard someone that played a very long time (can’t remember who) say that no one knows what type of team chemistry they have until you get well into the season. The idea that you can know before then is hogwash according to him. Once adversity hits when games really matters is when you really know. Something is 100 % off.

State82
10-07-2023, 04:47 PM
Shit. Show. And no, this is not MSU football in any shape, form or fashion. A complete, embarrassing and unacceptable shit show. And another thing. Anyone attempting to defend any facet of this abomination is a 17ing idiot or the ultimate troll.

EdwardDrayton
10-07-2023, 04:50 PM
It's anatomical not internal. Cuz we're sure not playing like we have a big swinging dick.

Really Clark?
10-07-2023, 04:50 PM
Yeah, they just started throwing the ball and we cannot stop anyone. Starkville High would have good passing stats against us right now. And I am serious when I say that.

They also really increased their tempo

Jarius
10-07-2023, 04:52 PM
Shit. Show. And no, this is not MSU football in any shape, form or fashion. A complete, embarrassing and unacceptable shit show. And another thing. Anyone attempting to defend any facet of this abomination is a 17ing idiot or the ultimate troll.

It’s unacceptable. Arnett will not be here after the Egg Bowl. If he is our AD needs to be fired as well. I can’t believe what I’m watching every Saturday.

confucius say
10-07-2023, 05:15 PM

Agree. I thought we were getting piss and vinegar. Not lollipops and rainbows.
Arnett is soft.

confucius say
10-07-2023, 05:16 PM

It's probably not as much effort as it is playing inspired with confidence and swagger, flying around.

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2023, 06:26 PM
I agree, something is off. I have no clue what it is, but I also saw where Arnette pretty much said Tulu was suspended for the 1st half.

The only person who isn’t playing scared is Marks and he is getting demolished.

If this board knew why they would melt like the wicked witch

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2023, 06:27 PM
But yes. There is something off. It is a mixture of no accountability, coaches have zero leverage and this staff flat out lying to some kids. The effort is not close to what it was under Leach.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2023, 06:32 PM

It actually is not hard to figure out. Half the staff is pulling one way and half the staff is pulling the other. Each one thinks the other is wrong when in actuality I think both are wrong.

CaptainObvious
10-07-2023, 06:37 PM
Meanwhile in Athens, RARA is making circus catches for TDs. If only we had a Oline that could protect and a QB who could stand in and deliver that pass.

Really Clark?
10-07-2023, 06:37 PM
It actually is not hard to figure out. Half the staff is pulling one way and half the staff is pulling the other. Each one thinks the other is wrong when in actuality I think both are wrong.

I honestly think Barbay has done pretty well trying to get an offense installed and players somewhat resembling an offense the last few weeks, considering. The move to the booth helped in more than one way.

CaptainObvious
10-07-2023, 06:39 PM
And there are puppet masters pulling strings behind the scenes. Right Buckaroo?

Homedawg
10-07-2023, 06:39 PM
Is what it looks like.

We don't fly around.
We don't look like we enjoy playing.
We have zero swagger.
We have zero confidence.

We lack talent. Slow on defense. Need a lot more Jimmy's

Todd4State
10-07-2023, 06:49 PM
We lack leadership from the top.

I think Zach lacks so much confidence in himself as a head coach there is no way in hell anything positive is going to rub off on the team.

Also he is probably too hands off. I know wants to be like Leach in that way. But Leach had control of the offense. And if the defense was off you know that Leach would speak up about it if needed.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2023, 06:51 PM
I honestly think Barbay has done pretty well trying to get an offense installed and players somewhat resembling an offense the last few weeks, considering. The move to the booth helped in more than one way.

Barbay is in the camp I hope gets it figured out. He is doing some stuff now that looks like he knows how to call a game.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2023, 06:52 PM

I mean if you consider Brad Peterson a puppet master then yes. I think it is more the boosters that hired him but that is just me.

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2023, 06:55 PM

Thank God we got some tough guys here now

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2023, 06:56 PM

I think Zach lacks so much confidence in himself as a head coach there is no way in hell anything positive is going to rub off on the team.

Also he is probably too hands off. I know wants to be like Leach in that way. But Leach had control of the offense. And if the defense was off you know that Leach would speak up about it if needed.

Arnett lacking confidence in his HC abilities is the reason he is so scared to meddle in the D and why Brad Peterson has been able to get in his ear

Homedawg
10-07-2023, 06:57 PM

Offense wasn't our problem today. And has gotten better....... so you think ZA will speak up about the defense.... in fact he will, to both. One just ain't working. In a bad way.

Coursesuper
10-07-2023, 07:00 PM
But yes. There is something off. It is a mixture of no accountability, coaches have zero leverage and this staff flat out lying to some kids. The effort is not close to what it was under Leach.

If it?s as you are saying then this show will end sooner than later.

Really Clark?
10-07-2023, 07:02 PM
Offense wasn't our problem today. And has gotten better....... so you think ZA will speak up about the defense.... in fact he will, to both. One just ain't working. In a bad way.

Yeah, offense still needs work but it's further down the list of problems with this team, even though that's all some focus on. Defense is a 5 alarm fire.

BlackSailsDawg
10-07-2023, 07:14 PM
Truth is, there is no SEC team except for vandy, that would allow what is happen. None.

KB21
10-07-2023, 07:28 PM
Zac Selmon is from Oklahoma, and they have the guy who is probably going to be the hottest coordinator on the off season head coaching market in Jeff Lebby.

Coursesuper
10-07-2023, 07:35 PM
Zac Selmon is from Oklahoma, and they have the guy who is probably going to be the hottest coordinator on the off season head coaching market in Jeff Lebby.
That means exactly dick.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-07-2023, 08:16 PM
Selmon is just here waiting to go home to Oklahoma when it comes open.

KB21
10-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Oh, so you think he?s just going to sit on his ass and do nothing then.

Maverick91
10-07-2023, 08:24 PM

Spill the beans? you just admitted that something is off.

BlackSailsDawg
10-07-2023, 08:33 PM

The offense did not get better. That OL was bad again today. There is not 1 single team in the SEC that we have left that will not be in our backfield all game long.

BlackSailsDawg
10-07-2023, 08:35 PM
Spill the beans? you just admitted that something is off.

Well, what about Friend sitting in on hiring interviews to advise Arnett? You think that's normal?

Maverick91
10-07-2023, 08:56 PM
Well, what about Friend sitting in on hiring interviews to advise Arnett? You think that's normal?

It would be nice to have a list of these things that you guys that seem to be in the “know” know.

BlackSailsDawg
10-07-2023, 09:15 PM
It would be nice to have a list of these things that you guys that seem to be in the “know” know.

It's not a secret. It was talked about at the time.

Everything about this hire was trash.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2023, 09:16 PM

The good news is Lebby is just toxic enough because of his step dad that we have a great shot at him. Of course, we will not hire him because we have to always be better than everyone else, except on the field apparently

Todd4State
10-07-2023, 09:17 PM

It wasn't exactly a well oiled machine today on offense either. We left a lot of points out there in the first half especially. And Will got hurt on a QB draw of all things.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2023, 09:18 PM

Some on here tried to tell everyone this was a possibility the minute we hired Will Friend and Bumphis was being forced down everyones throat. The good ole boys had a chance to hire a staff full of Mississippi Blue Collar Boys and they did not care about the results. There is a reason Auburn fans rejoiced they got rid of Friend. I will give it to Bumphis that he has made the most of his opportunity.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-07-2023, 09:28 PM
Never thought of a Leach team as full of piss and vinegar, it was more about scheme, responsibility and execution. Unfortunately, this Arnett team has none of those attributes. Maybe it's just transition year confusion, don't know. Since this is a senior heavy team you wouldn't think that chemistry would be an issue but it is. They need to start playing like a SEC team and not the practice squad.

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2023, 09:31 PM
Never thought of a Leach team as full of piss and vinegar, it was more about scheme, responsibility and execution. Unfortunately, this Arnett team has none of those attributes. Maybe it's just transition year confusion, don't know. Since this is a senior heavy team you wouldn't think that chemistry would be an issue but it is. They need to start playing like a SEC team and not the practice squad.

Well. Leaches teams were pure piss and vinegar. He didnt win bc of scheme

confucius say
10-07-2023, 09:32 PM
We lack talent. Slow on defense. Need a lot more Jimmy's

I for sure agree with that

Homedawg
10-07-2023, 10:44 PM
It wasn't exactly a well oiled machine today on offense either. We left a lot of points out there in the first half especially. And Will got hurt on a QB draw of all things.

A qb draw?? No. It was pass play that he actually ran on, that people have been begging him to do. He did. He should have. He got hurt. But if you think that was a called draw I can't help you.

Maverick91
10-07-2023, 10:59 PM
Some on here tried to tell everyone this was a possibility the minute we hired Will Friend and Bumphis was being forced down everyones throat. The good ole boys had a chance to hire a staff full of Mississippi Blue Collar Boys and they did not care about the results. There is a reason Auburn fans rejoiced they got rid of Friend. I will give it to Bumphis that he has made the most of his opportunity.

Well… sounds like we need some of our booster to wake up and recognize they need to get their hands out of the cookie jar.

Biguglyjoe
10-07-2023, 11:03 PM
Well… sounds like we need some of our booster to wake up and recognize they need to get their hands out of the cookie jar.
It's about ego with people that feel the need to do such things. There is no waking up with them. The waking up would have to start with the President.

Maverick91
10-07-2023, 11:22 PM
It's about ego with people that feel the need to do such things. There is no waking up with them. The waking up would have to start with the President.

I get it and makes sense. Just is so annoying being hampered by yourself, it’s like take the governor off and go. We all see it just freaking do it.

ScottH
10-08-2023, 01:00 AM
What is Peterson's roll on the sideline?

StarkVegasSteve
10-08-2023, 03:46 AM
I get it and makes sense. Just is so annoying being hampered by yourself, it’s like take the governor off and go. We all see it just freaking do it.

These are guys that were conditioned by Larry Templeton for over a decade to believe that we were just Poor Ole Mississippi State and we were just lucky to be in the SEC. Byrne and Stricklin almost had us out of that mindset and then Cohen came in and convinced them that we could not compete with the big boys so we needed to focus on baseball and forget the other two. That is where we currently find ourselves. Trying to dig out of that hole with half of them still believing that crap that Cohen fed them.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-08-2023, 04:48 AM
He is the actual Head Coach.

basedog
10-08-2023, 07:16 AM
He is the actual Head Coach.

I've never seen an "off the field assistant coach" talk to a HC while the game is being played. I've seen then on the sideline and talking to players and even coaching some but never in HC ear.

R2Dawg
10-08-2023, 07:23 AM
To OP, there is something wrong with the emotional state of our team. We show no heart, no emotion, no give a crap. I think part of it is the Leach hangover - his death, his O, his players, etc. A fresh start would have been the best thing we could have done. TV showed Rogers, Marks and others at end of game and they looked like the walking dead after a win (although not a great win).

With exception of a few players that is what I have witnessed at the Dawg walk all year too. No swagger, no juice just walking zombies. Body language is bad.

This ain't the same MSU we are used to seeing.

We must have a fresh start to get rolling again I'm afraid.

R2Dawg
10-08-2023, 07:26 AM
A qb draw?? No. It was pass play that he actually ran on, that people have been begging him to do. He did. He should have. He got hurt. But if you think that was a called draw I can't help you.

Ha yeah that is exactly what it was.

CadaverDawg
10-08-2023, 08:20 AM
Well. Leaches teams were pure piss and vinegar. He didnt win bc of scheme

Lol. You'd drink Leach and Rogers bath water.

He definitely didn't win bc of scheme, bc his offensive scheme was garbage while here.

Surprisingly, the guy whose defense carried us, has let the defense go to absolute crap under his boy Brock. If the defense was half as good as they have been in the last several years, all we'd be talking about is how much the O has improved since week 1 & 2. But the D hasn't improved a lick, and the offense still isn't anywhere close to where it should be...although it has definitely improved from the shit show it was week 1-3.

I don't understand the constant comparisons to Leavh though. And acting like Arnett isnt half the coach Leach was. First of all, nobody is saying he is. He stinks. But acting like Leach was Saban only loses you credibility, and it's not like we fired Leach. It's honestly just weird how you always feel the need to tie everything back to Leach. I guess it's so Rogers will have an excuse, which makes sense now. Anyway, carry on.

I don't think there is any way of fixing this slow Defense. Somehow we went from a "slower" D that was effective....to the slowest D I've ever seen and totally ineffective. It's going to take a talent overhaul at this point I'm afraid. We recruit too much length and not enough speed. Gotta have some of both. Especially in the secondary. Not every lanky DB will magically be Emerson or Forbes.

Cooterpoot
10-08-2023, 08:20 AM
Arnett wasn't ready to do this and that's understandable. The Leach staff didn't bring in talent either. Low talent and insufficient leadership from the staff is a killer. Some players aren't real happy either. I'm afraid a loss in two weeks starts a snowball effect.

Cooterpoot
10-08-2023, 08:21 AM

Trapper Keeper Keeper

CoachT14
10-08-2023, 08:28 AM

Head Football Coach in Charge - Mississippi State Bulldogs

Really Clark?
10-08-2023, 08:30 AM
Trapper Keeper Keeper

Hahaha. That's funny

EdwardDrayton
10-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Trapper Keeper Keeper

<chuckle>'

BlackSailsDawg
10-08-2023, 09:11 AM

And the coach. I

BlackSailsDawg
10-08-2023, 09:18 AM
Arnett wasn't ready to do this and that's understandable. The Leach staff didn't bring in talent either. Low talent and insufficient leadership from the staff is a killer. Some players aren't real happy either. I'm afraid a loss in two weeks starts a snowball effect.

three 4 star QBs. over six 4 star WRs. Trained one into a 4 star that's doing pretty damn good at UGA. The truth is that the HC made a bad choice. I have no doubt that he would have that Defense looking a little better. But we have an unorganized messed from top to bottom and it shows on the field.

Percho
10-08-2023, 02:34 PM
They also really increased their tempo

Tempo kills us about 3 out of 10 plays.

To many second and 6 thru 11 that turn into third and 1 to 2 because we are not ready for second down snap. Then if we happen to pull off the second down play not ready for third down and either first down or close enough to go for it. Then that killed our energy in the fourth qt. JMO

BuckyIsAB****
10-08-2023, 06:33 PM

He definitely didn't win bc of scheme, bc his offensive scheme was garbage while here.

Surprisingly, the guy whose defense carried us, has let the defense go to absolute crap under his boy Brock. If the defense was half as good as they have been in the last several years, all we'd be talking about is how much the O has improved since week 1 & 2. But the D hasn't improved a lick, and the offense still isn't anywhere close to where it should be...although it has definitely improved from the shit show it was week 1-3.

I don't understand the constant comparisons to Leavh though. And acting like Arnett isnt half the coach Leach was. First of all, nobody is saying he is. He stinks. But acting like Leach was Saban only loses you credibility, and it's not like we fired Leach. It's honestly just weird how you always feel the need to tie everything back to Leach. I guess it's so Rogers will have an excuse, which makes sense now. Anyway, carry on.

I don't think there is any way of fixing this slow Defense. Somehow we went from a "slower" D that was effective....to the slowest D I've ever seen and totally ineffective. It's going to take a talent overhaul at this point I'm afraid. We recruit too much length and not enough speed. Gotta have some of both. Especially in the secondary. Not every lanky DB will magically be Emerson or Forbes.

Well I bring it back to Leach because you and some others wanted him gone at every turn and were never in the boat.

He was not perfect and we absolutely needed to change the offense some. But to say we are better now is a flat lie. You boys got what you wanted with your good ol boys trying to out tough everyone.

The fact that you dont realize Leach and his teams were as tough as it gets tells me all I need to know. Tell me, what program has went thru as much as ours has since 2019 and then let?s look at our record. Then look at the head coach that won those games. Regardless of all his faults, or epidemics, or suspensions, or transfers, or sections of his fan base that hated him because they think they know better. Then on top of that, you had player deaths and finally our head coaches death.

Thats why it goes back to Leach. He was not perfect but he was a damn bit better than what yall said and some are eating it now. Yall wanted no Leach and to be tough. Now we are no Leach and soft

Todd4State
10-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Well I bring it back to Leach because you and some others wanted him gone at every turn and were never in the boat.

He was not perfect and we absolutely needed to change the offense some. But to say we are better now is a flat lie. You boys got what you wanted with your good ol boys trying to out tough everyone.

The fact that you dont realize Leach and his teams were as tough as it gets tells me all I need to know. Tell me, what program has went thru as much as ours has since 2019 and then let?s look at our record. Then look at the head coach that won those games. Regardless of all his faults, or epidemics, or suspensions, or transfers, or sections of his fan base that hated him because they think they know better. Then on top of that, you had player deaths and finally our head coaches death.

Thats why it goes back to Leach. He was not perfect but he was a damn bit better than what yall said and some are eating it now. Yall wanted no Leach and to be tough. Now we are no Leach and soft

With the coach that was supposed to be Mr. MSU blue collar running the show now on top of it all.

BlackSailsDawg
10-08-2023, 06:47 PM
With the coach that was supposed to be Mr. MSU blue collar running the show now on top of it all.

Rep added.

We got what we asked for. If we do not fire this staff, we are looking at 3 years of brutal losses.

Goldendawg
10-08-2023, 07:19 PM
Rep added.

We got what we asked for. If we do not fire this staff, we are looking at 3 years of brutal losses.

Connected friend of mine told me last year that after Leach left, we were facing a 3 year rebuild. Problem is this "HC & staff" couldn't rebuid a screen door on a submarine, even if they could locate the problem!****

Pancho
10-09-2023, 07:26 AM
Rep added.

which blue hair can make CZA fire his staff or send him off with the staff? only keenum

CadaverDawg
10-09-2023, 08:16 AM

Like I've said a zillion times, you Leach/Rogers worshippers can't help but to act like those of us that didn't like Leach's offense wanted him fired and Arnett as head coach. It's laughable.

Since you can't comprehend things through your Leach colored glasses....

1. I didn't like Leach's offensive production. Rightfully so, our offense sucked under Leach. Arnett's D carried Leach at MSU, and everyone knows it including you.

2. Just bc I didn't like our offensive STATS and EFFICIENCY under Leach, did not mean I wanted the guy dead. I didn't even want the guy fired necessarily, I just wanted him to put a QB in there that gave us some wheels and arm strength. So you could argue I wanted Rogers removed way more than Leach. And still do. Great kid, lacking QB.

3. I did not want Arnett as HC. I cannot be more clear on that. Leach and Arnett are separate issues, so comparing the two is stupid, and shows your willful ignorance. Nobody that disliked Leach's O was begging for Arnett and Barbay....none.

4. Why as State fans do people like you consider it a win, when other State fans feel we deserve more, and in an attempt to improve we fail? Weird flex. We should ALL want the best version of MSU football....not just what is best for one QB that we have some weird obsession over.
I didn't like Leach's offense for 1 reason and 1 reason only.....it was holding us back from reaching our potential in his first few seasons. When we all expected his offense to carry us and defense to suck...it was the other way around. We were winning 8 and 9 games DESPITE our offense being severely lacking a majority of the time. It showed flashes against bad teams, but there was no doubt that the defense was carrying us. Which left me frustrated bc the D was playing at a level that had us able to compete with the best, but the offense (which we were told was unstoppable) wasnt carrying its weight. If it had, who knows what heights we reach under Leach.

So in a nutshell, I choose my stances on the eye test, and the stat test. Not bc I have a love affair with a college QB like you do. And my eyes told me Leach's offense wasn't outperforming his defense, and Rogers was a big reason why. They also show me that the current coaches are way worse. Both can be true. The current staff can suck AND we can do better than what we were getting from Leach's O. Doesn't have to be one or the other. Just bc we have a 1 out of 10 now, doesn't mean we don't deserve better than a 5 out of 10. We should strive for a 10 out of 10.

I'm sure you'll respond with "your expectations are too high for our program then". Maybe so. But nothing great ever came from settling for less. We can achieve a far better offense than Leach OR Arnett are giving us. We don't have to settle for one just bc we're scared we may drop down in pursuit of something better. That's chicken shit.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 08:59 AM
Connected friend of mine told me last year that after Leach left, we were facing a 3 year rebuild. Problem is this "HC & staff" couldn't rebuid a screen door on a submarine, even if they could locate the problem!****

Yeah if you go in a totally different direction. That's going to happen with any major change. Which is why it was stupid to make this drastic change.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 09:00 AM
which blue hair can make CZA fire his staff or send him off with the staff? only keenum

The AD

CaptainObvious
10-09-2023, 09:40 AM
The AD
I don?t think this AD can. I think it is Keenum and he takes his marching orders from the <Investors> or Board of Directors if you will.

Coach34
10-09-2023, 10:33 AM
our AD wont make a decision without input on any major coaching hire

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 10:39 AM
Like I've said a zillion times, you Leach/Rogers worshippers can't help but to act like those of us that didn't like Leach's offense wanted him fired and Arnett as head coach. It's laughable.

1. I didn't like Leach's offensive production. Rightfully so, our offense sucked under Leach. Arnett's D carried Leach at MSU, and everyone knows it including you.

2. Just bc I didn't like our offensive STATS and EFFICIENCY under Leach, did not mean I wanted the guy dead. I didn't even want the guy fired necessarily, I just wanted him to put a QB in there that gave us some wheels and arm strength. So you could argue I wanted Rogers removed way more than Leach. And still do. Great kid, lacking QB.

3. I did not want Arnett as HC. I cannot be more clear on that. Leach and Arnett are separate issues, so comparing the two is stupid, and shows your willful ignorance. Nobody that disliked Leach's O was begging for Arnett and Barbay....none.

4. Why as State fans do people like you consider it a win, when other State fans feel we deserve more, and in an attempt to improve we fail? Weird flex. We should ALL want the best version of MSU football....not just what is best for one QB that we have some weird obsession over.
I didn't like Leach's offense for 1 reason and 1 reason only.....it was holding us back from reaching our potential in his first few seasons. When we all expected his offense to carry us and defense to suck...it was the other way around. We were winning 8 and 9 games DESPITE our offense being severely lacking a majority of the time. It showed flashes against bad teams, but there was no doubt that the defense was carrying us. Which left me frustrated bc the D was playing at a level that had us able to compete with the best, but the offense (which we were told was unstoppable) wasnt carrying its weight. If it had, who knows what heights we reach under Leach.

So in a nutshell, I choose my stances on the eye test, and the stat test. Not bc I have a love affair with a college QB like you do. And my eyes told me Leach's offense wasn't outperforming his defense, and Rogers was a big reason why. They also show me that the current coaches are way worse. Both can be true. The current staff can suck AND we can do better than what we were getting from Leach's O. Doesn't have to be one or the other. Just bc we have a 1 out of 10 now, doesn't mean we don't deserve better than a 5 out of 10. We should strive for a 10 out of 10.

I'm sure you'll respond with "your expectations are too high for our program then". Maybe so. But nothing great ever came from settling for less. We can achieve a far better offense than Leach OR Arnett are giving us. We don't have to settle for one just bc we're scared we may drop down in pursuit of something better. That's chicken shit.

We absolutely deserve more. And we hated what we had. Some folks wanted this and yall got it thru a tragedy. Congratulations. Our defense definitely out played our offense at times, but why do you think that is? we have mostly the same players and same scheme but no Leach. Because Leach upheld the culture and they loved him. You dont get it and thats ok. You are about to get exactly what you want. No Will and No Leach.

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Will Rogers is a top 10 player in the history of the school on and off the field and in his last year we lied to him and others because we let some carpet baggers take advantage of our dick measuring good ol boys.

CaptainObvious
10-09-2023, 10:49 AM
Will Rogers is a top 10 player in the history of the school on and off the field and in his last year we lied to him and others because we let some carpet baggers take advantage of our dick measuring good ol boys.

On this we most definitely can agree!

But it still goes back to Keenum. Dragging his feet on AD hire. Amazing that they couldn?t find a G5 AD to replace Cohen. They could have hired a Juco AD to replace Cohen, less prepared for the job than Arnett and that is saying something.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 10:50 AM

Top 10 QB for sure, probably in the mix between 4-7 for me behind Dak, Jackie Parker and John Bond. His off the field and representative of the school is off the chart.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 12:03 PM

Rogers sucked under Leach too, which is why it’s all so ridiculous. We heard for 3 years how bad the receivers sucked. Now it’s a new excuse. It’s been someone else’s fault except the 1 guy who has been here for 4 years the entire time. The one constant isn’t the problem. It’s everyone else. Will Rogers not going to Auburn and forcing us to go get a competent quarterback was the biggest **** up of the entire offseason, outside of not getting an edge rusher and 2nd corner in the portal.

KB21
10-09-2023, 12:05 PM
Yeah. Rogers sucked so bad that he's the third all time leading passer in SEC history. It's a fact that must be difficult for some of you to swallow, since Will is trash to you and Mike Leach was also trash to you. I'm convinced the hatred some have for Will is just an extension of their hatred for Mike Leach.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 12:12 PM

Too much common sense here.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 12:16 PM
Yeah. Rogers sucked so bad that he's the third all time leading passer in SEC history. It's a fact that must be difficult for some of you to swallow, since Will is trash to you and Mike Leach was also trash to you. I'm convinced the hatred some have for Will is just an extension of their hatred for Mike Leach.

He has about 7 thousand more attempts than anyone else in SEC history. You being too big of a dumbass to figure that out is on brand for you. No one hates Leach. We hated his offensive production, which wasn’t any better than the current offensive production.

DownwardDawg
10-09-2023, 12:22 PM

Outstanding

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 12:22 PM
Rogers sucked under Leach too, which is why it’s all so ridiculous. We heard for 3 years how bad the receivers sucked. Now it’s a new excuse. It’s been someone else’s fault except the 1 guy who has been here for 4 years the entire time. The one constant isn’t the problem. It’s everyone else. Will Rogers not going to Auburn and forcing us to go get a competent quarterback was the biggest **** up of the entire offseason, outside of not getting an edge rusher and 2nd corner in the portal.

I disagree with one point of yours, they still think the WR's suck and run wrong routes. Just now is because of a bad offense and Barbay before it was just the WR's fault. Leach, Spurrier were great 3 years in but just the WR's suck. 6 games in Barbay and Bump suck and it's why our WR's suck. Hypocritical stance.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 12:36 PM
He has about 7 thousand more attempts than anyone else in SEC history. You being too big of a dumbass to figure that out is on brand for you. No one hates Leach. We hated his offensive production, which wasn’t any better than the current offensive production.

Proving that he can throw the ball with accuracy.

And no, our offense is not as productive no matter how much the Arnett apologists and Barbay apologists twist stats.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 12:38 PM
I disagree with one point of yours, they still think the WR's suck and run wrong routes. Just now is because of a bad offense and Barbay before it was just the WR's fault. Leach, Spurrier were great 3 years in but just the WR's suck. 6 games in Barbay and Bump suck and it's why our WR's suck. Hypocritical stance.

I never stated the WRs sucked under Leach and ran wrong routes because I did not see these issues.

If you don't like me call out what our very own coach says.... oh well.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 12:40 PM

And no, our offense is not as productive no matter how much the Arnett apologists and Barbay apologists twist stats.

How do you twist pure math? You didn't want to include FCS and use the site you wanted to use. I did and the numbers are the numbers. No twisting and used your site. You just want to count defensive and special team scores for the offense which skews the stat in your favor.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 12:41 PM

He can dump it off to the tailback for an extended handoff with accuracy. He can lead our offense to scoring 7ppg in 40 % of our P5 games last year. That’s what he can do. You bunch of bumbling idiots complaining about the offense when we have literally the exact same offensive ppg as last year when you take out defensive and special teams scores are proving that your cousin sucking ass at quarterback is all you care about and not Mississippi State. I will be so happy when Will Rogers family members move on to something else besides trolling MSU message boards because people talk bad about their wittle boy who spent 17 years of his life in the grove and can’t handle people saying he doesn’t belong on an SEC football field.

R2Dawg
10-09-2023, 12:42 PM

Great post Cadaver, rep given. We got too many fans that are fans of a coach, one player or something else and not MSU fans. If Leach's system would have worked great, I'd be for it even though it might not be my favorite but it didn't, he is gone so people need to get over their obsession and become MSU fans for a change.

R2Dawg
10-09-2023, 12:44 PM
Yeah if you go in a totally different direction. That's going to happen with any major change. Which is why it was stupid to make this drastic change.

OK so using your logic, never should have hired Leach. That is one reason I didn't like the hire in first place it kills you twice - front end and back end. Because the Leach AR is 30 years old since everyone if complaining about old stuff.

But hey O football is only two things - running and throwing. We need both to win big not one.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 12:45 PM
I never stated the WRs sucked under Leach and ran wrong routes because I did not see these issues.

If you don't like me call out what our very own coach says.... oh well.

Dude, I used the general they to not call out certain people specifically. I didn't pull your chain but if I had time to go back and review your history last season, do you think I will find posts where you blame the WR's for a bad pass from Will last year? Do you think it's just possible that you may have mentioned WR's were an issue at some point last year and never the QB? Think hard

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:07 PM
He can dump it off to the tailback for an extended handoff with accuracy. He can lead our offense to scoring 7ppg in 40 % of our P5 games last year. That’s what he can do. You bunch of bumbling idiots complaining about the offense when we have literally the exact same offensive ppg as last year when you take out defensive and special teams scores are proving that your cousin sucking ass at quarterback is all you care about and not Mississippi State. I will be so happy when Will Rogers family members move on to something else besides trolling MSU message boards because people talk bad about their wittle boy who spent 17 years of his life in the grove and can’t handle people saying he doesn’t belong on an SEC football field.

What a joke!

KB21
10-09-2023, 01:28 PM

Which is the typical horseshit answer from you. It's very clear that you along with many others absolutely hated Mike Leach. Some of it had nothing to do with football, which is why so many made up lies about him in an attempt to get him fired. The other part of that hatred has to do with the fact that he changed the way football was played at Mississippi State. It was no longer "We got to run the ball". The fact that we didn't just pound the ball into the ground by running it every damn down really ramped up the hatred.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 01:30 PM
Which is the typical horseshit answer from you. It's very clear that you along with many others absolutely hated Mike Leach. Some of it had nothing to do with football, which is why so many made up lies about him in an attempt to get him fired. The other part of that hatred has to do with the fact that he changed the way football was played at Mississippi State. It was no longer "We got to run the ball". The fact that we didn't just pound the ball into the ground by running it every damn down really ramped up the hatred.

I loved Mike Leach. I would not let him **** my wife the way you would but I was very happy with him as the head coach. Will Rogers is an awful quarterback and has been for a very long time. I hate that because he’s a good kid. Hopefully his family doesn’t troll whatever message board he transfers to next year like they have with this school.

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Rogers sucked under Leach too, which is why it?s all so ridiculous. We heard for 3 years how bad the receivers sucked. Now it?s a new excuse. It?s been someone else?s fault except the 1 guy who has been here for 4 years the entire time. The one constant isn?t the problem. It?s everyone else. Will Rogers not going to Auburn and forcing us to go get a competent quarterback was the biggest **** up of the entire offseason, outside of not getting an edge rusher and 2nd corner in the portal.

He sucked so bad he won more ranked games and had more comeback wins than any QB we have had. Ever. Im not even going into records. Idk what he did to you or your family but I?m sorry. You are going to get what you want. It?s funny to say our WRs weren?t the issue in 21 and 22 when the head coach and coaching staff made it a point to cal them out consistently. This is a joke at this point, and I personally am glad it?s over. We are about to see who really sucked. I will bleed Maroon till I die, but some of our people are about to learn

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 01:34 PM
He sucked so bad he won more ranked games and had more comeback wins than any QB we have had. Ever. Im not even going into records. Idk what he did to you or your family but I?m sorry. You are going to get what you want. It?s funny to say our WRs weren?t the issue in 21 and 22 when the head coach and coaching staff made it a point to cal them out consistently. This is a joke at this point, and I personally am glad it?s over. We are about to see who really sucked. I will bleed Maroon till I die, but some of our people are about to learn

Some are learning the hard way. It sucks because we all suffer.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:35 PM
I loved Mike Leach. I would not let him **** my wife the way you would but I was very happy with him as the head coach. Will Rogers is an awful quarterback and has been for a very long time. I hate that because he’s a good kid. Hopefully his family doesn’t troll whatever message board he transfers to next year like they have with this school.

So awful he set records!

LMAO!

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 01:35 PM
He can dump it off to the tailback for an extended handoff with accuracy. He can lead our offense to scoring 7ppg in 40 % of our P5 games last year. That?s what he can do. You bunch of bumbling idiots complaining about the offense when we have literally the exact same offensive ppg as last year when you take out defensive and special teams scores are proving that your cousin sucking ass at quarterback is all you care about and not Mississippi State. I will be so happy when Will Rogers family members move on to something else besides trolling MSU message boards because people talk bad about their wittle boy who spent 17 years of his life in the grove and can?t handle people saying he doesn?t belong on an SEC football field.

You have absolutely no idea. None. Calm down there tough guy. Im not related to him. Never claimed to be. That stick is old and worn out just like this argument. Again, I cannot stress it enough, no matter who you are or what you think you know, You have absolutely zero idea. But carry on

KB21
10-09-2023, 01:36 PM

Yep. They are definitely about to learn. We are about to see the guy who threw the worst pass I have ever seen and completely missed a wide open receiver in the process.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:38 PM

Yep! We are about to see every SEC team play to stop the run and spy Wright. Without Rogers, we are 1 dimensional and are ill equipped to handle that!

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 01:39 PM
Yep. They are definitely about to learn. We are about to see the guy who threw the worst pass I have ever seen and completely missed a wide open receiver in the process.

It?s not about being anti Wright. It?s about being pro MSU. and our people in power have absolutely positively failed in that category. I will be pulling for Wright the same way I did Tray Rutland and Josh Riddell

Jarius
10-09-2023, 01:43 PM

He had comeback wins against teams we had no business having to come back from. Tell me more about how awesome his comeback over ****ing Louisiana Tech and 6-7 Auburn were. No, Mike Wright isn’t worth a shit either and no one has ever thought he was. The problem we have all had is that this coaching staff and the last have not recruited a better quarterback than your nephew / cousin. It’s unacceptable to have someone as bad as Will Rogers as your best quarterback. Will is going to transfer to Armadillo tech next year and thrive. I hope all of you follow his ass there.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:44 PM
It?s not about being anti Wright. It?s about being pro MSU. and our people in power have absolutely positively failed in that category. I will be pulling for Wright the same way I did Tray Rutland and Josh Riddell

Truth

Jarius
10-09-2023, 01:45 PM
Yep! We are about to see every SEC team play to stop the run and spy Wright. Without Rogers, we are 1 dimensional and are ill equipped to handle that!

With Will Rogers we were 0 dimensional, you clown. He had a 27 % uncatchable rate this year. He’s been ****ing god awful.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:46 PM
He had comeback wins against teams we had no business having to come back from. Tell me more about how awesome his comeback over ****ing Louisiana Tech and 6-7 Auburn were. No, Mike Wright isn’t worth a shit either and no one has ever thought he was. The problem we have all had is that this coaching staff and the last have not recruited a better quarterback than your nephew / cousin. It’s unacceptable to have someone as bad as Will Rogers as your best quarterback. Will is going to transfer to Armadillo tech next year and thrive. I hope all of you follow his ass there.

Record setting QB. Nothing you can say will ever take that away from him nor MSU! Your hate and bitterness is fun to watch though!

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 01:47 PM

As it should be and I knew you would be. But you know he and others like him won't be.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 01:47 PM
Record setting QB. Nothing you can say will ever take that away from him nor MSU! Your hate and bitterness is fun to watch though!

ReCoRd SeTtInG Qb….Jesus you people. I have never been more ready for a family to get the 17 out of our fanbase.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:48 PM
With Will Rogers we were 0 dimensional, you clown. He had a 27 % uncatchable rate this year. He’s been ****ing god awful.

The only clown here is you. That's all you got is personal attacks because you can not logically defend your points of view. Everything this is is due to staff changing the whole offense to something we did not have and to something we are not able to run.

Arnett will be fired after this season.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:49 PM
ReCoRd SeTtInG Qb….Jesus you people. I have never been more ready for a family to get the 17 out of our fanbase.

Prove he isn't a record setting QB. I'm waiting on your twisted stats.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 01:50 PM
The only clown here is you. That's all you got is personal attacks because you can not logically defend your points of view. Everything this is is due to staff changing the whole offense to something we did not have and to something we are not able to run.

Arnett will be fired after this season.

Son, I have logically defended my position. Your brother sucks as a quarterback. He had 4 games last year where he lead the offense to 7 points. The system doesn’t suck. Your brother does. Now go get ready to run the scout team this week against South Alabama.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 01:50 PM

Who was 7 for 10 with a good pass dropped for a TD that would have made him 80% on the day. Not a dump off either but tell me again about his 70% inaccuracy.

BTW, I've said all year Will playing well was by far our best option at QB but don't lie about a performance to make another State QB look bad. They are ALL State QB's

Jarius
10-09-2023, 01:52 PM

No one else runs an offense dumb enough to throw it 95 % of the time and have 75 % of those throws as extended hand offs. The fact that your family can’t grasp that isn’t my problem. When Will gets in the portal and his only option is to join you at USM, you will finally know that the rest of us knew what the 17 we were talking about.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:53 PM
Son, I have logically defended my position. Your brother sucks as a quarterback. He had 4 games last year where he lead the offense to 7 points. The system doesn’t suck. Your brother does. Now go get ready to run the scout team this week against South Alabama.

Record setting QB! Nothing left to say.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:56 PM
Who was 7 for 10 with a good pass dropped for a TD that would have made him 80% on the day. Not a dump off either but tell me again about his 70% inaccuracy.

BTW, I've said all year Will playing well was by far our best option at QB but don't lie about a performance to make another State QB look bad. They are ALL State QB's

Most of those were dump offs and Roger's puts that pass to Walley in the endzone and no where near that defender.

None of that matters. None. You got your wish, and Wright will be the starter. Just like with him running it more due to touches resulted in less yards per carry against the MIGHTY WMU whatever the hell they are, you are going to see it be worse and... and that passing is going to suck. He's still throwing ints at practice.

KB21
10-09-2023, 01:57 PM

At least 2 of his completions were shovel passes. One was a dump off to Tulu on an RPO where he was running and threw it at the last minute. Another was a quick out that was thrown low and away that was caught, but the receiver had no chance to gain any yards after the catch because of the ball placement. The throw to Walley didn't have any touch on it. If he puts air under it, Walley's vision isn't obscured by the DB coming across.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:58 PM
No one else runs an offense dumb enough to throw it 95 % of the time and have 75 % of those throws as extended hand offs. The fact that your family can’t grasp that isn’t my problem. When Will gets in the portal and his only option is to join you at USM, you will finally know that the rest of us knew what the 17 we were talking about.

Record setting QB. Nothing you can say to change that. Don't care if you don't like it. Those passes still have to be on the money. Arnett and this staff will be gone at the end of this season as they should be for taking a 9 win team into the cellar of the SEC.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 01:59 PM
At least 2 of his completions were shovel passes. One was a dump off to Tulu on an RPO where he was running and threw it at the last minute. Another was a quick out that was thrown low and away that was caught, but the receiver had no chance to gain any yards after the catch because of the ball placement. The throw to Walley didn't have any touch on it. If he puts air under it, Walley's vision isn't obscured by the DB coming across.

They are going to see. They got their wish.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 02:05 PM
Most of those were dump offs and Roger's puts that pass to Walley in the endzone and no where near that defender.

None of that matters. None. You got your wish, and Wright will be the starter. Just like with him running it more due to touches resulted in less yards per carry against the MIGHTY WMU whatever the hell they are, you are going to see it be worse and... and that passing is going to suck. He's still throwing ints at practice.

Again, don't lie and definitely don't lie that I'm getting my wish, you damn well know I've said all year Will was by far our best option at QB.

Btw, that pass to Walley was absolutely a good pass and easily catchable. Don't lie about shit on another State QB to pump up your agenda. I was right there watching it and it cleared well over the DB as Walley had over 4 yards on him.

I care about State, the program, all of our players not just an agenda. Don't make up shit about what I want again, especially when I've defended Will being the QB all year.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 02:07 PM

7 for 10, 70% with an easy TD dropped for 80%. You can regulate all the garbage you want when 80% of all our passes have been the same type for the last 2 years and you praise it and the QB running it. Can't have it both ways now dipshit. I support all players and the program. You support your agenda and AR.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 02:09 PM
Record setting QB. Nothing you can say to change that. Don't care if you don't like it. Those passes still have to be on the money. Arnett and this staff will be gone at the end of this season as they should be for taking a 9 win team into the cellar of the SEC.

I can’t wait for Arnett to be fired. He kept a quarterback that scored 1 touchdown in 40 % of our power 5 games last year and changed the offense instead of getting rid of the actual problem (our quarterback) and spending NiL money on a real quarterback to run our offense. Arnett sucks. Good luck to your brother next year. Hopefully your account creating of September 2022 ass will be gone with him.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 02:11 PM
Again, don't lie and definitely don't lie that I'm getting my wish, you damn well know I've said all year Will was by far our best option at QB.

Btw, that pass to Walley was absolutely a good pass and easily catchable. Don't lie about shit on another State QB to pump up your agenda.

I care about State, the program, all of our players not just an agenda. Don't make up shit about what I want again, especially when I've defended Will being the QB all year.

Preaching to me about lying is laughable when you just stated that I said something I did not. I made it clear that the pass should have been caught, but that does not take away from the fact that is was not where the ball should have been put.

Pot... meet kettle

Jarius
10-09-2023, 02:13 PM
Preaching to me about lying is laughable when you just stated that I said something I did not. I made it clear that the pass should have been caught, but that does not take away from the fact that is was not where the ball should have been put.

Pot... meet kettle

Will had a 27 % uncatchable ball rate prior to Saturday, speaking of quarterbacks that can’t place the ball where it’s supposed to be placed.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 02:15 PM

Pot... meet kettle

No you didn't. I even went back and looked at the post I responded to to make sure I didn't miss what you said. You didn't say a word about that ball should have been caught. But you did say that I, not other posters, but I was getting what I wanted. Damn lie. Go reread what you wrote and I responded to. So you are lying about me lying, rich. And I defended Will but you say jackshit about that cause you know it's true. Don't even respond, I supported Will and have all year and will support Mike Wright if he has to start. You won't and we all know why and what you really support.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 02:17 PM
7 for 10, 70% with an easy TD dropped for 80%. You can regulate all the garbage you want when 80% of all our passes have been the same type for the last 2 years and you praise it and the QB running it. Can't have it both ways now dipshit. I support all players and the program. You support your agenda and AR.

Against the vaulted WMU. Ranked 113th in the nation in passing defense. and 106th over all.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 02:18 PM
Will had a 27 % uncatchable ball rate prior to Saturday, speaking of quarterbacks that can’t place the ball where it’s supposed to be placed.

Per the staff, per talking heads...etc we still are having miscommunication with the WRs.

Nothing you say will ever change the fact that Rogers is a record setting QB. Period.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 02:20 PM
Against the vaulted WMU. Ranked 113th in the nation in passing defense. and 106th over all.

Welcome to the party. Most of us have been saying we don’t give a damn what our quarterback looks like against shitty defenses for 3 years now.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 02:21 PM
Per the staff, per talking heads...etc we still are having miscommunication with the WRs.

Nothing you say will ever change the fact that Rogers is a record setting QB. Period.

Sounds like our quarterback didn’t do a very good job getting on the same page with his receivers in the offseason. Something a leader wouldn’t have a problem doing. I’m not surprised. Attitude of Prescott with the ability of Henig.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 02:24 PM
No you didn't. I even went back and looked at the post I responded to to make sure I didn't miss what you said. You didn't say a word about that ball should have been caught. But you did say that I, not other posters, but I was getting what I wanted. Damn lie. Go reread what you wrote and I responded to. So you are lying about me lying, rich. And I defended Will but you say jackshit about that cause you know it's true. Don't even respond, I supported Will and have all year and will support Mike Wright if he has to start. You won't and we all know why and what you really support.

Go look at my posts. I 1000% did state that it still should have been caught. That does not mean that there was not a better place to put that ball because there was.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 02:25 PM
Sounds like our quarterback didn’t do a very good job getting on the same page with his receivers in the offseason. Something a leader wouldn’t have a problem doing. I’m not surprised. Attitude of Prescott with the ability of Henig.

No, it sounds like the staff is clueless on how to implement this offense. I suppose it's Rogers fault that the OL can't suddenly block.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 02:25 PM

Does Will numbers not count against similar opponents?

Jarius
10-09-2023, 02:27 PM
No, it sounds like the staff is clueless on how to implement this offense. I suppose it's Rogers fault that the OL can't suddenly block.

Will said he and Barbay were finishing each other’s sentences. Didn’t seem to be a problem until he had to face someone besides our shitty defense. I forgot your boy can do no wrong though. The OL isn’t having a problem blocking any more than most other OL’s. Will not being able to check into a smoke route when the defense is bringing 6 isn’t on the Ol. Will getting tipped passes for INT returns for touchdowns on a screen pass isn’t the Ols fault. Will throwing the ball 2 yards behind the receiver in a 2 minute drill and causing us to give up 7 points before the half isn’t on the OL. Your buddy sucks. You can keep sticking your head in the sand but people have eyeballs. They can see what’s going on at the qb position. You can take your BS to someone else.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 02:29 PM
Go look at my posts. I 1000% did state that it still should have been caught. That does not mean that there was not a better place to put that ball because there was.

"Most of those were dump offs and Roger's puts that pass to Walley in the endzone and no where near that defender.

None of that matters. None. You got your wish, and Wright will be the starter. Just like with him running it more due to touches resulted in less yards per carry against the MIGHTY WMU whatever the hell they are, you are going to see it be worse and... and that passing is going to suck. He's still throwing ints at practice."

That's your quote that I responded to. No you didn't. And you lied saying I, me specifically, am getting what I wished for.

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 02:44 PM

Im shaking in my message board boots buddy. Again you can carry on with your game, trashing an entire family you do not know. But you dont know what you are talking about. At all. Have a good one

Jarius
10-09-2023, 03:17 PM
Im shaking in my message board boots buddy. Again you can carry on with your game, trashing an entire family you do not know. But you dont know what you are talking about. At all. Have a good one

I know he’s the only quarterback in our history to have a flock of half wits that are either related to him or buddies with him come on message boards and spam them and try to make everyone think they are crazy for calling out what has been horrendous quarterback play for a very long time. All of you are bat shit crazy helicopter moms.

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 03:51 PM
I know he’s the only quarterback in our history to have a flock of half wits that are either related to him or buddies with him come on message boards and spam them and try to make everyone think they are crazy for calling out what has been horrendous quarterback play for a very long time. All of you are bat shit crazy helicopter moms.

No, youre just acting like him and his family stole your girlfriend or something. Again, you are wrong. Blatantly utterly completely wrong.

CoachT14
10-09-2023, 03:53 PM

They don’t want to answer that question. The kingdom crumbles when you actually pay attention to the numbers.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:01 PM
"Most of those were dump offs and Roger's puts that pass to Walley in the endzone and no where near that defender.

None of that matters. None. You got your wish, and Wright will be the starter. Just like with him running it more due to touches resulted in less yards per carry against the MIGHTY WMU whatever the hell they are, you are going to see it be worse and... and that passing is going to suck. He's still throwing ints at practice."

That's your quote that I responded to. No you didn't. And you lied saying I, me specifically, am getting what I wished for.

Go look through my history

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:03 PM
No, youre just acting like him and his family stole your girlfriend or something. Again, you are wrong. Blatantly utterly completely wrong.

Enjoy your next stop, helicopter mom.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:04 PM

He is the only one to reach this level of record setting in our history and 128 other teams around the nation.

Let me re word that. In the history of QBs in the 130 teams in the fbs, only 2 of them have produced 1 qb each to do what Rogers has done.

Nothing you say will ever change that

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:05 PM

Indeed he is. It pisses him off, for whatever reason, that Rogers set records here.

confucius say
10-09-2023, 04:09 PM

Saban was a 7-5 coach in his 5 years at Mich State.
That's comparable to what leach did at Texas Tech and wash st and here.
Just saying. But yes, Saban is better than Leach.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:10 PM
Indeed he is. It pisses him off, for whatever reason, that Rogers set records here.

Get to the choppa, helicopter mom.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:12 PM
He is the only one to reach this level of record setting in our history and 128 other teams around the nation.

Let me re word that. In the history of QBs in the 130 teams in the fbs, only 2 of them have produced 1 qb each to do what Rogers has done.

If he’s that good, surely he will be in the nfl next year helicopter mom? Surely the gm’s will all see how poorly he’s being used and give him a shot. Surely! I mean HE SET RECORDS!!! Don’t they know that?! Chop chop helicopter mom.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:13 PM

Will is currently 9th in the SEC in passing yards with 1,275 yds.

He's 12th in completion % at 61.4%.

He's 13th in YPA at 7.46.

He's 12th in QBR at 138.65.

He's 12th in SEC in ADOT at 7.9 yds.

He's 9th in SEC in PFF passing grade this season.

He's 12th in SEC in PFF offensive grade this season for QB's.

These "records" you talk about every post are a direct result of the offense he played in and the high volume of passes that were involved in that offense. The dude is an average QB (at best) with below average physical tools. I don't celebrate his injury, but the fact that he's deemed untouchable because of his "records" is just ridiculous to me. He's a G5 QB and I hope he lights it up at one of those schools next year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:16 PM
Will is currently 9th in the SEC in passing yards with 1,275 yds.

He's 12th in completion % at 61.4%.

He's 13th in YPA at 7.46.

He's 12th in QBR at 138.65.

He's 12th in SEC in ADOT at 7.9 yds.

He's 9th in SEC in PFF passing grade this season.

He's 12th in SEC in PFF offensive grade this season for QB's.

These "records" you talk about every post are a direct result of the offense he played in and the high volume of passes that were involved in that offense. The dude is an average QB (at best) with below average physical tools. I don't celebrate his injury, but the fact that he's deemed untouchable because of his "records" is just ridiculous to me. He's a G5 QB and I hope he lights it up at one of those schools next year.

And the numbers you posted are a direct result of the incompetence of this staff

confucius say
10-09-2023, 04:18 PM
If he’s that good, surely he will be in the nfl next year helicopter mom? Surely the gm’s will all see how poorly he’s being used and give him a shot. Surely! I mean HE SET RECORDS!!! Don’t they know that?! Chop chop helicopter mom.

Bc he's not very talented at all. That's what makes what leach did all the more impressive. Would like to see the modern air raid with a dynamic dual threat guy.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:21 PM
And the numbers you posted are a direct result of the incompetence of this staff

Or the fact that he's running an offense that requires him to complete a pass to someone other than a check down to Woody Marks.

The staff is far from free of blame, but WR sucks and has sucked for some time. He had a stretch in 2021 where he played pretty good, but he's been awful for 2 years now. I'm sorry this hurts your feelings.

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:24 PM
Bc he's not very talented at all. That's what makes what leach did all the more impressive. Would like to see the modern air raid with a dynamic dual threat guy.

I don’t disagree with any of this. Leach was a hall of fame coach.

KB21
10-09-2023, 04:26 PM

It's because we aren't supposed to be able to throw the ball at Mississippi State. We have to RTGDF!

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Or the fact that he's running an offense that requires him to complete a pass to someone other than a check down to Woody Marks.

The staff is far from free of blame, but WR sucks and has sucked for some time. He had a stretch in 2021 where he played pretty good, but he's been awful for 2 years now. I'm sorry this hurts your feelings.

That entire group is so butt hurt that he has been asked to function in a normal offense that they have gone off the deep end. I’ve never seen someone’s entourage embarrass themselves trying to rationalize someone’s shitty play as much. As that group of people has.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:29 PM
That entire group is so butt hurt that he has been asked to function in a normal offense that they have gone off the deep end. I’ve never seen someone’s entourage embarrass themselves trying to rationalize someone’s shitty play as much. As that group of people has.

Will has to have a completely clean pocket, wide open receivers, clear passing lanes, and the temp must be between 68 and 81 degrees with less than 7 mph winds in order for him to be successful. It's unfair and unrealistic to place blame on him if any of these conditions aren't met.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:29 PM

This offense requires an ol to be able to block longer due to PA. And they are not doing that. It been posted on here several times.

RiverCityDawg
10-09-2023, 04:30 PM
It's just really weird to me that this is where we are with Will Rogers. He's not great, but he's also not awful. He's had both some great moments and some awful moments though. Similar to Fitz in that regard, Will is just the passing version.

I just don't understand why he's so divisive. I mean, I do. It's because people like to put 99% of blame on the QB when the offenses struggles and then people defend him in response, but it's all too extreme.

He was a fine system QB for the Air Raid and has done some good things. His lack of mobility, which isn't his "fault", extremely limits the offense. It is what it is.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:32 PM
This offense requires an ol to be able to block longer due to PA. And they are not doing that. It been posted on here several times.

A QB that doesn't have concrete legs could negate some of that by extending plays with his legs.

The OL sucks but so does Will. Y'all can make all the excuses for him under the sun, but eventually you have to come to grips with this. Or keep your head buried in the sand. Doesn't matter to me.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:32 PM
It's because we aren't supposed to be able to throw the ball at Mississippi State. We have to RTGDF!

And they need to rewrite history to "prove it".

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:34 PM

Outside of the LSU game, the OL has been plenty good enough for anyone to throw the football that doesn’t have absolute concrete feet. That awful pass that Wright threw on Saturday would have 100 % been a sack if your brother was playing quarterback. It’s been a sack for 3 years because he has zero feel for the pocket and any time someone gets in the same damn zip code as him he falls down or runs backwards. Rogers took 4 sacks and threw 3 picks against Alabama. Exactly 1 of those plays was on the Ol. He is the problem no matter how much you want to blame someone else. Most offensive lines don’t have to protect a complete statue in 2023.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:34 PM
A QB that doesn't have concrete legs could negate some of that by extending plays with his legs.

The OL sucks but so does Will. Y'all can make all the excuses for him under the sun, but eventually you have to come to grips with this. Or keep your head buried in the sand. Doesn't matter to me.

No it doesn't. The most sacked qbs in the SEC are mobile qbs. And the fact is Rogers was asked to run on a 3 and 11 vs Bama. He did not shy away from contact and got the first down. He did that twice.

But that's not your narrative that you want to push.

We have a staff issue. But they will be gone next season. So there that. Hate that we wasted a veteran team

KB21
10-09-2023, 04:35 PM
668 receptions to WRs over the past two years with 276 to RBs. But all he does is check down to the RBs. Get out of here with that shit. He was the most accurate QB in the SEC on passes longer than 10 yards in 2021. Fact.

Mike Wright will not get anywhere near the hatred that Will gets even though he will absolutely suck in Will's absence. Of course, Mike runs the ball, and that's acceptable even if he can't throw a lick. We aren't supposed to throw the ball at little ole mittittippi tate anyway.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2023, 04:36 PM
Outside of the LSU game, the OL has been plenty good enough for anyone to throw the football that doesn’t have absolute concrete feet. That awful pass that Wright threw on Saturday would have 100 % been a sack if your brother was playing quarterback. It’s been a sack for 3 years because he has zero feel for the pocket and any time someone gets in the same damn zip code as him he falls down or runs backwards. Rogers took 4 sacks and threw 3 picks against Alabama. Exactly 1 of those plays was on the Ol. He is the problem no matter how much you want to blame someone else. Most offensive lines don’t have to protect a complete statue in 2023.

And that's bs that even announcers are pointing out now during our games.

Even Paul friggin finebaum is saying we are the worst coached team in the sec.

But carry on your narrative.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:36 PM
668 receptions to WRs over the past two years with 276 to RBs. But all he does is check down to the RBs. Get out of here with that shit. He was the most accurate QB in the SEC on passes longer than 10 yards in 2021. Fact.

Mike Wright will not get anywhere near the hatred that Will gets even though he will absolutely suck in Will's absence. Of course, Mike runs the ball, and that's acceptable even if he can't throw a lick. We aren't supposed to throw the ball at little ole mittittippi tate anyway.

The fact that I feel differently about Will Rogers than you do makes me feel even stronger about my position.

You're not a state fan. You're a troll.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:37 PM
No it doesn't. The most sacked qbs in the SEC are mobile qbs. And the fact is Rogers was asked to run on a 3 and 11 vs Bama. He did not shy away from contact and got the first down. He did that twice.

But that's not your narrative that you want to push.

We have a staff issue. But they will be gone next season. So there that. Hate that we wasted a veteran team

Welp, he ran against Alabama, I guess he's a dual threat QB now.

We have a staff issue and a QB issue. They will be gone next season and so will Will.

KB21
10-09-2023, 04:38 PM
The fact that I feel differently about Will Rogers than you do makes me feel even stronger about my position.

You're not a state fan. You're a troll.

You must like being wrong then.

KOdawg1
10-09-2023, 04:38 PM
You must like being wrong then.

Sure thing buddy.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 04:39 PM
Go look through my history

Did you say it in this thread? If so, I will apologize for that part. If it's elsewhere, I'm not reading your history of 18,723 posts the last 3 days. Are you going to apologize for saying that I am getting my wish?

Jarius
10-09-2023, 04:39 PM
And that's bs that even announcers are pointing out now during our games.

Even Paul friggin finebaum is saying we are the worst coached team in the sec.

But carry on your narrative.

We are 100 % the worst coached team in the conference. That doesn’t make my statement any less true, chopper mom. The difference in your entourage and the rest of us is that we actually give a shit about Mississippi State and can tell it like it is. We can call out all the shitty play and coaching. You can’t because your loyalty isn’t to Mississippi State.

Really Clark?
10-09-2023, 04:40 PM

What level of record setting that 128 schools have never accomplished?

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 05:43 PM

Youre not offending me dude. No matter how hard you try or upset you get, youre not bothering me. You are the one letting a kid that plays QB at our school eat you alive. Youre triggered I?m sorry will violated your safe space but comparing him to Mike Henig or any other just ruins your cherished message board credibility you are trying to drop on me. Hes won more or as much as any QB we have ever had. Ever. And owns every passing record we have. You have to sleep with that.

Will and his folks (and this team) have to sleep with being lied to and now probably his last year here being over. Not to mention a portion of the staff trying to run him out of town on the rails because they did all that winning at Syracuse and Auburn (who begged Will to come) and Louisville HS

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 05:45 PM
And dont bring that you dont support State foolishness at me. You have no idea. Just carry on with your day like I tried to do earlier. No hard feelings on my end

Jarius
10-09-2023, 05:50 PM
Youre not offending me dude. No matter how hard you try or upset you get, youre not bothering me. You are the one letting a kid that plays QB at our school eat you alive. Youre triggered I?m sorry will violated your safe space but comparing him to Mike Henig or any other just ruins your cherished message board credibility you are trying to drop on me. Hes won more or as much as any QB we have ever had. Ever. And owns every passing record we have. You have to sleep with that.

Will and his folks (and this team) have to sleep with being lied to and now probably his last year here being over. Not to mention a portion of the staff trying to run him out of town on the rails because they did all that winning at Syracuse and Auburn (who begged Will to come) and Louisville HS

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2023, 05:51 PM

Good one dude. Go show your wife how you burned me on EliteDawgs. No hard feelings like I said

Jarius
10-09-2023, 05:52 PM
Good one dude. Go show your wife how you burned me on EliteDawgs. No hard feelings like I said

CadaverDawg
10-09-2023, 10:19 PM
Blacksails and Bucky are actually doing the opposite of what they originally intended to do, and that's sad. Their blaming of anything and everything OTHER than Rogers, is so far delusional that it actually makes some of our fans dislike Will even more than they normally would.

I don't hate Will, and Leach was a legend. I just know without Leach Will is a G5 QB at best. Leach's system never worked well in this league....I knew it wouldn't work well in this league....and I also hated the hire bc I knew once he finally left, it would crush our program for years bc we would be built for a specific system that nobody else ran nor recruited too. And here we are.

This coaching staff stinks...but they were handed a bunch of system guys and they don't run that system. Nobody does. Combine that with Brock's D stinking up the joint, and you no longer have the Defense that bailed Leach and Will out the last few years, so we suck.

It's sad that Bucky and KB and Blacksails are ruining both Leach and Will's legacy here by continuing to make them out to be larger than life and free from criticism. They are hurting them more than helping them.
But it's not worth arguing about anymore...99% of our fan base knows the truth, these guys are just the 1% of repetitive, loud, minority. Leach was a legend, and his offense stunk at MSU. Arnett carried him. But it would have been cool to see Leach at MSU with a good QB, and maybe one with an ability to run some too. Hate we never got to see it. Will set records by throwing it so much. Yay. Unfortunately his attempts and yards and completions didn't lead to better offensive production to complement our stellar D, or else we may have set the records we all wanted....SEC wins for MSU. Oh well, now we start the inevitable Post-Leach rebuild.

And for KB....None of the guys that disliked Leach's offense feel that way bc we want to "run the damn ball" as you say. You see, we all just want MSU to win. We don't care how. We want to maximize our potential every single year. Leach's offense prevented that. Mullen's lack of passing game prevented that. We just want to see MSU put it all together in every phase one year and let the chips fall as they may while we go toe to toe with some of the best teams in the country and actually have a chance to win. See, we don't root for Will Rogers, or Mike Leach, or any other single person that will one day leave the program......we root FOR the program. For the school. For MSU, the maroon and white. Y'all should try it. If you try it, you'll see that there is no joy in seeing the program fail further so you can be proven "right" about "your guy".....no. You'll see that no matter what guy helps make it happen, we just want to see MSU excel and reach the mountain top one day. We may have unrealistic expectations, sure...but one thing we don't have is a willingness to put any one player or coach above MSU like you guys.

I hate that Leach died. And I hate that Will lost him bc he meant a ton to Will's career. But what I really hate, is that we suck this year....bc I didn't watch MSU football for Leach or Will...I watch it in hopes that we will beat everyone's ass and win the SEC West again one year. If Rogers could do that I'd be his biggest fan....he can't. Can Wright? Honestly, no. Can Parson? Who knows, probably not. But I just hope our administration continues to try and find the right coach and QB combination that CAN one day. Dont ever settle, and don't ever make one guy more important than MSU. Keep striving for #1....that's why we play. Hail State.

RezDog7
10-09-2023, 10:49 PM

In my opinion, Leach's offense wasn't as much of the problem as it was the QB that would rather dump it to the RB than throw it down the field. Will is a good QB; definitely better than some of the crap I've seen in the past, but he's not the QB yall think he is.

RezDog7
10-09-2023, 10:54 PM

If Will were in on that exact play, he would have been sacked. At least Wright was able to move in the pocket and give us a chance.

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 10:57 PM
Blacksails and Bucky are actually doing the opposite of what they originally intended to do, and that's sad. Their blaming of anything and everything OTHER than Rogers, is so far delusional that it actually makes some of our fans dislike Will even more than they normally would.

I don't hate Will, and Leach was a legend. I just know without Leach Will is a G5 QB at best. Leach's system never worked well in this league....I knew it wouldn't work well in this league....and I also hated the hire bc I knew once he finally left, it would crush our program for years bc we would be built for a specific system that nobody else ran nor recruited too. And here we are.

This coaching staff stinks...but they were handed a bunch of system guys and they don't run that system. Nobody does. Combine that with Brock's D stinking up the joint, and you no longer have the Defense that bailed Leach and Will out the last few years, so we suck.

It's sad that Bucky and KB and Blacksails are ruining both Leach and Will's legacy here by continuing to make them out to be larger than life and free from criticism. They are hurting them more than helping them.
But it's not worth arguing about anymore...99% of our fan base knows the truth, these guys are just the 1% of repetitive, loud, minority. Leach was a legend, and his offense stunk at MSU. Arnett carried him. But it would have been cool to see Leach at MSU with a good QB, and maybe one with an ability to run some too. Hate we never got to see it. Will set records by throwing it so much. Yay. Unfortunately his attempts and yards and completions didn't lead to better offensive production to complement our stellar D, or else we may have set the records we all wanted....SEC wins for MSU. Oh well, now we start the inevitable Post-Leach rebuild.

And for KB....None of the guys that disliked Leach's offense feel that way bc we want to "run the damn ball" as you say. You see, we all just want MSU to win. We don't care how. We want to maximize our potential every single year. Leach's offense prevented that. Mullen's lack of passing game prevented that. We just want to see MSU put it all together in every phase one year and let the chips fall as they may while we go toe to toe with some of the best teams in the country and actually have a chance to win. See, we don't root for Will Rogers, or Mike Leach, or any other single person that will one day leave the program......we root FOR the program. For the school. For MSU, the maroon and white. Y'all should try it. If you try it, you'll see that there is no joy in seeing the program fail further so you can be proven "right" about "your guy".....no. You'll see that no matter what guy helps make it happen, we just want to see MSU excel and reach the mountain top one day. We may have unrealistic expectations, sure...but one thing we don't have is a willingness to put any one player or coach above MSU like you guys.

I hate that Leach died. And I hate that Will lost him bc he meant a ton to Will's career. But what I really hate, is that we suck this year....bc I didn't watch MSU football for Leach or Will...I watch it in hopes that we will beat everyone's ass and win the SEC West again one year. If Rogers could do that I'd be his biggest fan....he can't. Can Wright? Honestly, no. Can Parson? Who knows, probably not. But I just hope our administration continues to try and find the right coach and QB combination that CAN one day. Dont ever settle, and don't ever make one guy more important than MSU. Keep striving for #1....that's why we play. Hail State.

But again- with Moorhead and Fitz most everyone criticized Moorhead for not running an offense that fit Fitz skill set- which was fair.

But now it's bench Will because he doesn't fit the offense that Barbay runs?

Leach's offense worked about as well as Dan's did most years. In 2011 which was year three for Dan we averaged 25.3 PPG on the season and 18.1 in SEC play.

In 2022 under Leach in year three we averaged 31.6 on the season and 25.4 in SEC play.

And in 2021 we finished fifth in SEC games only in PPG at 28.5

In fact what we did under Leach last year was better than Dan in every season except for 2014 and 2015 when we had Dak and 2017 when we averaged 32.0 PPG compared to our 31.6 last year so that was essentially the same.

And that was without Leach even getting a chance to have a full group of his recruits in place. Meaning we would have likely improved.

I mean if Barbay had adapted his offense and everything was running better I would be eating crow right now. But they made the controversial choice to run something else and now it's not working as well as were told it would- which is why it's funny to see people bragging about how "similar" this offense is to last year statistically which when you look at the stats that means it's likely going to trend worse.

And at least Moorhead and Leach made it clear what they were going to run. This group of coaches didn't even respect our fans enough to tell us they were going to run a Spreadahan offense. That or maybe they don't even know what the 17 they're running in which case neither option is good. And that's really one of the biggest sticking points with fans in general. Which lends credence to the rumors that they lied to our players and their parents about what they were going to run. It's hard to build up goodwill when you do stuff like that.

Todd4State
10-09-2023, 11:00 PM
In my opinion, Leach's offense wasn't as much of the problem as it was the QB that would rather dump it to the RB than throw it down the field. Will is a good QB; definitely better than some of the crap I've seen in the past, but he's not the QB yall think he is.

We definitely need a QB that will push the ball down the field more. There is no question both Leach and Barbay's offense would be better with that.

RezDog7
10-09-2023, 11:10 PM
It's just really weird to me that this is where we are with Will Rogers. He's not great, but he's also not awful. He's had both some great moments and some awful moments though. Similar to Fitz in that regard, Will is just the passing version.

I just don't understand why he's so divisive. I mean, I do. It's because people like to put 99% of blame on the QB when the offenses struggles and then people defend him in response, but it's all too extreme.

He was a fine system QB for the Air Raid and has done some good things. His lack of mobility, which isn't his "fault", extremely limits the offense. It is what it is.

This 100%. I like Will. He played well in 21. He has regressed fever since. Nobody hates Will or Leach. But we hate all these people that keep telling us how great Leach and Will are and now we get what we wanted. The only damn thing I want is to win games. This staff and QB aren't doing it.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2023, 11:10 PM
But again- with Moorhead and Fitz most everyone criticized Moorhead for not running an offense that fit Fitz skill set- which was fair.

But now it's bench Will because he doesn't fit the offense that Barbay runs?

Leach's offense worked about as well as Dan's did most years. In 2011 which was year three for Dan we averaged 25.3 PPG on the season and 18.1 in SEC play.

In 2022 under Leach in year three we averaged 31.6 on the season and 25.4 in SEC play.

And in 2021 we finished fifth in SEC games only in PPG at 28.5

In fact what we did under Leach last year was better than Dan in every season except for 2014 and 2015 when we had Dak and 2017 when we averaged 32.0 PPG compared to our 31.6 last year so that was essentially the same.

And that was without Leach even getting a chance to have a full group of his recruits in place. Meaning we would have likely improved.

I mean if Barbay had adapted his offense and everything was running better I would be eating crow right now. But they made the controversial choice to run something else and now it's not working as well as were told it would- which is why it's funny to see people bragging about how "similar" this offense is to last year statistically which when you look at the stats that means it's likely going to trend worse.

And at least Moorhead and Leach made it clear what they were going to run. This group of coaches didn't even respect our fans enough to tell us they were going to run a Spreadahan offense. That or maybe they don't even know what the 17 they're running in which case neither option is good. And that's really one of the biggest sticking points with fans in general. Which lends credence to the rumors that they lied to our players and their parents about what they were going to run. It's hard to build up goodwill when you do stuff like that.

No, we criticized Moorhead for the same thing we are criticizing Arnett AND Leach for....running an offense that isn't working. It's not about Fitz or Will...if you're running a successful offense nobody gives a shit.

RezDog7
10-09-2023, 11:21 PM
No, we criticized Moorhead for the same thing we are criticizing Arnett AND Leach for....running an offense that isn't working. It's not about Fitz or Will...if you're running a successful offense nobody gives a shit.

And, there was plenty of criticism for 50% Fitz. You're just misremembering things.

Todd4State
10-10-2023, 12:24 AM

LOL. How many times has a MSU fan criticized Moorhead for trying to turn Fitz into a passer? Barbay may even be worse in that he claimed that he could fit his offense around Will's skill sets.

ZedFedder
10-10-2023, 07:23 AM
You guys can argue all day long, but offense isn?t the issue anyway.

Jarius
10-10-2023, 07:37 AM
And, there was plenty of criticism for 50% Fitz. You're just misremembering things.

Fitz took a whole lot of heat after getting his ankle snapped in half intentionally by some players on a team who some on this message board used to pull for as late as 2019.

CarolinaDawgs
10-10-2023, 07:52 AM

I'm trying to figure out what personal records you set get you a W. Maybe that's just using my brain though.

CarolinaDawgs
10-10-2023, 07:56 AM

Were you trying to help make everybody else's point that 41% of his passes were to RBs? DENSE

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-10-2023, 08:03 AM
All I think we can agree on is we are not in a good place at all....now what needs to happen for us to get through this? Something is obviously really really wrong.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 08:25 AM
You guys can argue all day long, but offense isn?t the issue anyway.

Yes it is an issue and you are about to wake up to that fact in sec play.

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 08:32 AM
Yes it is an issue and you are about to wake up to that fact in sec play.

Wait, we haven't started SEC play?***

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 08:32 AM
Were you trying to help make everybody else's point that 41% of his passes were to RBs? DENSE

Math isn't your thing is it. 944 completed passes. 41% would be 387. Rogers checked down or by design threw to the RBs only 29% of the time. Because 29% of 944 is 276

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 08:39 AM
All I think we can agree on is we are not in a good place at all....now what needs to happen for us to get through this? Something is obviously really really wrong.

The only thing that can save this season is Arnett taking over the defense. The OC get a clue that you don't run 12 personnel when you don't have the TEs for it. You don't pull 2 4 star WRs off the field to do it. Balance the AR concepts with the rushing attack with fewer PA. That's if Rogers is back there. If not, it will not matter what he does.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Wait, we haven't started SEC play?***

Yes and we are 0-3.

We have 5 SEC games left. and in that stretch the offense is not going to win games. The OC is putting our worst foot forward.

I love how you and others defend the OC running more 12 personnel than 10. It's hilarious!

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 08:59 AM
Yes and we are 0-3.

We have 5 SEC games left. and in that stretch the offense is not going to win games. The OC is putting our worst foot forward.

I love how you and others defend the OC running more 12 personnel than 10. It's hilarious!

Lol. Ok chief well we are in SEC play but the way you wrote it made it sound like we are just now getting into it. And I was being sarcastic.

I love how you are so single minded about the offensive struggles when the the defense is the much much bigger issue. I haven't called the offense good or don't think there are issues. It's just not the biggest problem on the team.

KB21
10-10-2023, 09:03 AM

LOL! That?s called good offense. Utilizing all your receiving threats.

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 09:16 AM
Math isn't your thing is it. 944 completed passes. 41% would be 387. Rogers checked down or by design threw to the RBs only 29% of the time. Because 29% of 944 is 276

Yeah 41% was way off but 30% is too much. Even for Leach who liked to throw to RB. I don't think he had more than 1 seasons like that at WSU. Maybe 2. That's wss our 3 year avg. Last year was better. But he was what, around 20% or less most years at WSU? 30% was a lot.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 09:17 AM
Lol. Ok chief well we are in SEC play but the way you wrote it made it sound like we are just now getting into it. And I was being sarcastic.

I love how you are so single minded about the offensive struggles when the the defense is the much much bigger issue. I haven't called the offense good or don't think there are issues. It's just not the biggest problem on the team.

I'm not single minded. However when we are not giving either side of the ball a chance to win, it's an issue.

Why should we pick and choose which issue that we can talk about and it only be what you perceive to be the biggest issue? Want me to talk about the defense? ask. I'm focusing on the offense because it's our only hope at winning games this season.... but for you:

It a travesty that we have NFL talent on the DL and can not scheme to take advantage of them. It's lazy and shorted sited that our HC has not reasserted himself into the defense. You can not allow a QB that much time. No defensive back can cover forever.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 09:22 AM
Yeah 41% was way off but 30% is too much. Even for Leach who liked to throw to RB. I don't think he had more than 1 seasons like that at WSU. Maybe 2. That's wss our 3 year avg. Last year was better. But he was what, around 20% or less most years at WSU? 30% was a lot.

Not really. When he had Minshew, that completed 478 passes. Of those, 145 went to the RBs, and that's 30.5%. Did he have less years.. I'm sure.

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 09:30 AM
I'm not single minded. However when we are not giving either side of the ball a chance to win, it's an issue.

Why should we pick and choose which issue that we can talk about and it only be what you perceive to be the biggest issue? Want me to talk about the defense? ask. I'm focusing on the offense because it's our only hope at winning games this season.... but for you:

It a travesty that we have NFL talent on the DL and can not scheme to take advantage of them. It's lazy and shorted sited that our HC has not reasserted himself into the defense. You can not allow a QB that much time. No defensive back can cover forever.

What scheme do you think would help our DL with only 2 legit guys right now? Crumedy was one of the highest graded DL in the country last weekend. Pickering has played well also most of the year but neither are great pass rush guys, not their game. Don't have bodies to sub like we want to.

The backend is just not good, Albert was having good camp but don't know how much he would have helped being out for the year. Honestly, I think they misevaluated the transfers and the young guys are not ready but at least have more talent. I think it's a talent and bodies issue mostly. Do I think Arnett gets better numbers than Brock? Yeah, I think Brock hasn't gotten the feel of game calling yet. But the defense was going major issues regardless. I said earlier in the year we needed the backend to grow fast, they haven't and the DL is so thin with playable guys, it's a mess.

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 09:33 AM
Not really. When he had Minshew, that completed 478 passes. Of those, 145 went to the RBs, and that's 30.5%. Did he have less years.. I'm sure.

Like I said he only 1 year like that. Maybe another but that's the one I remember. That's our 3 year avg. not an outlier year. Multiple years of less than 20% at WSU. 30% is too high even for Leach and a big reason why our yards per completion was low.

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2023, 09:54 AM

I have never said he was above criticism so I didnt read anything after that.

Yall dont criticize him yall BLAME him one guy has trashed his entire family

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 10:00 AM
What scheme do you think would help our DL with only 2 legit guys right now? Crumedy was one of the highest graded DL in the country last weekend. Pickering has played well also most of the year but neither are great pass rush guys, not their game. Don't have bodies to sub like we want to.

The backend is just not good, Albert was having good camp but don't know how much he would have helped being out for the year. Honestly, I think they misevaluated the transfers and the young guys are not ready but at least have more talent. I think it's a talent and bodies issue mostly. Do I think Arnett gets better numbers than Brock? Yeah, I think Brock hasn't gotten the feel of game calling yet. But the defense was going major issues regardless. I said earlier in the year we needed the backend to grow fast, they haven't and the DL is so thin with playable guys, it's a mess.

For one, start blitzing from different areas of the field. We are playing a "safe" defense. Not an aggressive one. Nor anything close to it. Make a choice. Either go get the QB or let him pick you apart.

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 10:26 AM
For one, start blitzing from different areas of the field. We are playing a "safe" defense. Not an aggressive one. Nor anything close to it. Make a choice. Either go get the QB or let him pick you apart.

I don't disagree necessarily, that doesn't have anything to with scheming for the DL, but I don't have a problem of mixing up blitzes. We are actually sacking teams well enough to be Top half of the league but we don't pressure the QB nearly well enough. So I'm not sure we can sack teams to be better defensively. We are holding teams to 3.88 yards per rush in the league, 4th in the league and that's against the highest attempts per game against us. Teams know we are thin up front and wear us down. I think we have to keep mixing in guys who are not ready to give our better players more energy deeper into games as well. Let them forget about gap control at times and flood up the field in front of the QB to just make the pocket dirty. Hope and pray our secondary finds some extra talent / skill the next 2 weeks.

confucius say
10-10-2023, 10:28 AM
We have stopped the run ok. Better than I thought

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 10:48 AM
I don't disagree necessarily, that doesn't have anything to with scheming for the DL, but I don't have a problem of mixing up blitzes. We are actually sacking teams well enough to be Top half of the league but we don't pressure the QB nearly well enough. So I'm not sure we can sack teams to be better defensively. We are holding teams to 3.88 yards per rush in the league, 4th in the league and that's against the highest attempts per game against us. Teams know we are thin up front and wear us down. I think we have to keep mixing in guys who are not ready to give our better players more energy deeper into games as well. Let them forget about gap control at times and flood up the field in front of the QB to just make the pocket dirty. Hope and pray our secondary finds some extra talent / skill the next 2 weeks.

It helps the defense. When Crumedy is drawing a double team, spots begin to open up. Send blitz packages from different points and include some CB and safety blitzes. I think (could be way wrong) I have only seen 1 CB blitz all season.

Nicholson runs a 4.46
DeCam ran a 10.75 in the 100. He ran a 4.33. His worst number is 4.40. And has NFL Talent
Rogers... Expected right now as 4th round in the draft. runs a 4.4.

We have enough talent that this should not be happening. Help the back side by getting to the QB by any means! Send DeCam!

Edit to add Banks who ran a 4.36

Really Clark?
10-10-2023, 11:10 AM
It helps the defense. When Crumedy is drawing a double team, spots begin to open up. Send blitz packages from different points and include some CB and safety blitzes. I think (could be way wrong) I have only seen 1 CB blitz all season.

Nicholson runs a 4.46
DeCam ran a 10.75 in the 100. He ran a 4.33. His worst number is 4.40. And has NFL Talent

We have enough talent that this should not be happening. Help the back side by getting to the QB by any means! Send DeCam!

Oh, they are fast, bad coverage skills and bad angles but they do do it quickly. That's the talent / skills they lack. Again, I'm fine sending different blitzes, but I want to see more pressure in the face of the QB. We are getting home ok, we are very bad at creating pocket chaos and rushing throws.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2023, 11:36 AM
Oh, they are fast, bad coverage skills and bad angles but they do do it quickly. That's the talent / skills they lack. Again, I'm fine sending different blitzes, but I want to see more pressure in the face of the QB. We are getting home ok, we are very bad at creating pocket chaos and rushing throws.

Agreed

RockyDog
10-11-2023, 11:39 AM
I have never said he was above criticism so I didnt read anything after that.

Yall dont criticize him yall BLAME him one guy has trashed his entire family

You are too thin-skinned, Wyatt. Stop running to your boy's defense CONSTANTLY and you won't have to see it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2023, 11:52 AM
You are too thin-skinned, Wyatt. Stop running to your boy's defense CONSTANTLY and you won't have to see it.

Yes sir thank you sir this recruit requests permission to post sir

Cooterpoot
10-11-2023, 12:18 PM

Nicholson runs a 4.46

Can't send corner and safety blitzes when the back end is so bad and LBs so slow.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2023, 12:23 PM

Nailed it.

Bdawg
10-11-2023, 09:08 PM

Read my mind here