PDA

View Full Version : Defensive front changes

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2023, 10:52 AM
Starting Anderson at DE and Donterry Russell at Sam. Hopefully getting more speed in the front 6 helps our woeful secondary, and gets some pressure.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 10:54 AM
We need to get back to blitz in creative ways. Send a CB or Safety every now and then. But this is a good adjustment in my eyes.

TrapGame
10-06-2023, 11:02 AM
Great tune up game for these guys before the bye and Arkansas.

Hopefully this is successful.

KB21
10-06-2023, 11:05 AM
We are going to see some more pure speed packages on passing downs going forward as well. They used Ty Cooper inside a good bit against Alabama with Lewis and Russell on the edges.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 11:43 AM
Russell had a good game last week and deserves more time on the field. I like the changes, got to find something that makes us half way competitive

HancockCountyDog
10-06-2023, 12:12 PM
We have to figure out a way for our DL to apply pressure without having to send more than 4 guys.

Also, we have to get the young guys some reps. We can't go into next year with basically a bunch of dudes that haven't played.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2023, 12:12 PM
Russell had a good game last week and deserves more time on the field. I like the changes, got to find something that makes us half way competitive

Russell was a nice surprise last week. He played really well and has some quickness and speed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 12:25 PM
We have to figure out a way for our DL to apply pressure without having to send more than 4 guys.

Also, we have to get the young guys some reps. We can't go into next year with basically a bunch of dudes that haven't played.

I so disagree with that. Take the QB out. We can not allow him all day because coverage will break down.

CaptainObvious
10-06-2023, 12:32 PM
I so disagree with that. Take the QB out. We can not allow him all day because coverage will break down.

Well our little guys will just bounce off of KJ Jefferson, so I don?t know how they will <take the QB out>! 😳

Commercecomet24
10-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Honestly the secondary played much better against bama. The sacks we got were coverage sacks not because we got there in a hurry and I went back and replayed all bamas pass plays and 6 of his 10 completions were after more than 5 seconds in the pocket when we couln dn't get home. Milroe literally had all day back there and we had there receivers covered but eventually someone will break free. We have to find a way to get to the qb quicker.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2023, 12:35 PM

If the front 4 apply pressure, there won't be time. You leave single coverage with those blitzes a lot. Got to pick and choose and give different looks.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2023, 12:36 PM
If the front 4 apply pressure, there won't be time. You leave single coverage with those blitzes a lot. Got to pick and choose and give different looks.

THIS!

Maverick91
10-06-2023, 12:55 PM
Honestly the secondary played much better against bama. The sacks we got were coverage sacks not because we got there in a hurry and I went back and replayed all bamas pass plays and 6 of his 10 completions were after more than 5 seconds in the pocket when we couln dn't get home. Milroe literally had all day back there and we had there receivers covered but eventually someone will break free. We have to find a way to get to the qb quicker.

FIVE SECONDS did we miss him eating his sack lunch back there dang! That’s terrible!

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 12:57 PM

Oh 100%. That's what made us better last year. You never know where it is coming from. I feel like this season is totally something different.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2023, 01:07 PM
FIVE SECONDS did we miss him eating his sack lunch back there dang! That’s terrible!

And that also doesn't take into account the runs he had because everyone was covered and he sat back there forever and no one uncovered so he just took off and ran. The fact we're not getting pressure is our biggest problem in the pass game right now.

Maverick91
10-06-2023, 03:51 PM
And that also doesn't take into account the runs he had because everyone was covered and he sat back there forever and no one uncovered so he just took off and ran. The fact we're not getting pressure is our biggest problem in the pass game right now.

Seriously! I don’t think Sirmon’s was this bad.

TrapGame
10-06-2023, 04:01 PM

We had a better offense but it boiled down to who got the last possession. Our defense under Sirmon couldn't stop a cold. Fitz damn near beat BYU on his own. You ain't getting a performance like that with Will.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2023, 04:13 PM

Its been insane how much time qbs have had to throw this year, even blitzing and especially last week. Milroe had tons of time, to throw or find a lane to run in.

Santiago
10-06-2023, 08:51 PM
Its been insane how much time qbs have had to throw this year, even blitzing and especially last week. Milroe had tons of time, to throw or find a lane to run in.

Sad part is this is Arnett's defense he built for the past few years

Thick
10-06-2023, 09:21 PM

The talent is not there to accomplish the rush dream at all, but developing young players through game experience should be happening anyway IMO. You need some DE talent to push QB?s to the middle for the tackles and Jett to make tackles, if the sack is not being made by the DEs. Jett is a good tackler/rusher in the box, once he?s in space we?re 17?d. Our achilles heel is at CB which is the key to CZA?s defensive philosophy.

What?s a shame more then anything (outside of poor coaching) is we have all of these older players due to COVID, and we?re where we are right now. MSU was/is in one of the most unbelievable situations in CFB history, yet it could only happen to us in this day and age. A legendary coach dies on our watch 2 months after our dickhead, ********** AD left us (sucked anyway), and here we are pissed off that our first time head coach hired by our school President (who is connected politically like no other in the SEC) is 3-3 with offensive players who have never played in this offensive scheme and a pu$$y qb as the leader. The MSU way?.?we will find a way to feck it up!?

One more thing, OM losing doesn?t improve the MSU football team?..it just makes us look desperate and dumb. I would rather them win, and we somehow win the Egg?..easy to play loose when you have nothing to lose!