PDA

View Full Version : 20 of 22.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 02:38 PM
If 20 of 22 starters were Seniors, does that change the breakdown of HS kids to portal players in this year's signing class? Also, that should fee up a good portion of our NIL cap space

HancockCountyDog
10-05-2023, 02:47 PM
If 20 of 22 starters were Seniors, does that change the breakdown of HS kids to portal players in this year's signing class? Also, that should fee up a good portion of our NIL cap space

If true, and that sounds right, it is just depressing.

Its not like we have been recruiting lights out the last few years and just have young stud after young stud chomping at the bit to go play.

From what i have been told, elite portal kids are the most expensive, next are elite HS kids and then there is a pretty big range on the 4 star HS kids and G5 kids that are undervalued.

I want to target the G5 Kids that have shown real ability. The Tre Harris kid is the type of kid we should be going after in the portal. Monster at La Tech has turned out to be really good it appears. Not sure how expensive he is, but he is worth every penny to the bears right now.

confucius say
10-05-2023, 02:48 PM
Yes. We will be more portal heavy this cycle imo. Will have to be.

Yes. But it's more expensive to buy than retain. What we need is for some of the young guys to take a step.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-05-2023, 04:09 PM
Who has Arnett signed out of the Portal that is worth a flip?

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 04:24 PM
Who has Arnett signed out of the Portal that is worth a flip?

With Jalen Green, Jackie Matthews we probably win that USC game. But, you could argue they were McBaths signees.

StarkVegasSteve
10-05-2023, 05:55 PM
With Jalen Green, Jackie Matthews we probably win that USC game. But, you could argue they were McBaths signees.

They were both Jason Washington signees. Jason is our portal guy from being at Texas.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 05:59 PM
They were both Jason Washington signees. Jason is our portal guy from being at Texas.

You are right, can't believe I forgot that.