PDA

View Full Version : The Three Types of Bear Fans

Tailgate Superstar
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Since Thursday night, we have seen a tremendous amount of hostility and negative reactions from the bear family concerning their Egg Bowl loss. Understand that we are dealing with three different types of bear fans in this situation.

There is one set of fans who genuinely believe the "clearly inferior" "less talented" "garbage team" somehow pulled one out against the mighty bears on a night when they beat themselves. This group has deluded themselves into truly believing that we are so far beneath them it's not even funny. This group is made up of alumni as well as sidewalk fans. Hopefully for the bear?s sake, most are not alumni. Their delusion runs so deep, they are no longer rational.

The second group is made up of somewhat rational and thoughtful people This group understands that they were beaten in a close game by a similar team Thursday night. They realize the talent level is similar on both teams, the coaching is not that much different, and Oxford is not some magical fairy tale land where the bourbon flows like wine. This group, however, is spouting the same nonsense as the first group. This group?s sole purpose is to get under your skin. This group is just slinging insults and trying to upset State fans in an effort to take away from our happiness over the win. This is all they have until next November.

The third group realizes they were defeated and have moved on with their lives.

It really doesn?t make much sense for us to concern ourselves with any of the groups. I admit the first group would make for an interesting sociological study because some of them are really out there. I suspect the largest group is the one just trying to get under our skin. Either way I?ll just laugh and move on. 17-10.

Political Hack
12-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I was anticipating a "three bears" analogy, but other than that I thought the post was pretty spot on. I have some good friends and family that are OM people. The friends are a little delusional about the greatness of OM, but at least they handle losses with class. For example, while out of town for the holidays, one of my OM friends text me "I just took a shit in your yard. Hail State. Happy Thanskgiving."

stxdawg
12-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Who cares what the bear fans think. We beat their asses and spanked them all over the field.

BulldogBear
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I was anticipating a "three bears" analogy, but other than that I thought the post was pretty spot on. I have some good friends and family that are OM people. The friends are a little delusional about the greatness of OM, but at least they handle losses with class. For example, while out of town for the holidays, one of my OM friends text me "I just took a shit in your yard. Hail State. Happy Thanskgiving."

I know alot of Bears but have 2 closer friends, one of them my best friend since 9th grade. He and I go to the Egg Bowl every year with the "home" side providing tickets and dinner. If I wasn't with him he would respond as yours did Hack. About him I say he sounds similar to your as well except even less delusional. Big fan and no love for MSU but very realistic. To me his only real "fault" is being a Bear! That is other than being an imperfect sinner as we all are born. The other friend...... well, he's the other end of the spectrum. It's all good when Bears have success but lose and the delusion is in full force!!!! In fact he would be more likely to actually crap in the yard. It's fun to watch him dance around any Ole Miss loss in any sport.

Martianlander
12-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Since Thursday night, we have seen a tremendous amount of hostility and negative reactions from the bear family concerning their Egg Bowl loss. Understand that we are dealing with three different types of bear fans in this situation.

There is one set of fans who genuinely believe the "clearly inferior" "less talented" "garbage team" somehow pulled one out against the mighty bears on a night when they beat themselves. This group has deluded themselves into truly believing that we are so far beneath them it's not even funny. This group is made up of alumni as well as sidewalk fans. Hopefully for the bear?s sake, most are not alumni. Their delusion runs so deep, they are no longer rational.

The second group is made up of somewhat rational and thoughtful people This group understands that they were beaten in a close game by a similar team Thursday night. They realize the talent level is similar on both teams, the coaching is not that much different, and Oxford is not some magical fairy tale land where the bourbon flows like wine. This group, however, is spouting the same nonsense as the first group. This group?s sole purpose is to get under your skin. This group is just slinging insults and trying to upset State fans in an effort to take away from our happiness over the win. This is all they have until next November.

The third group realizes they were defeated and have moved on with their lives.

It really doesn?t make much sense for us to concern ourselves with any of the groups. I admit the first group would make for an interesting sociological study because some of them are really out there. I suspect the largest group is the one just trying to get under our skin. Either way I?ll just laugh and move on. 17-10.

I've never met any of the third group. Half of group 1 and 2 couldn't find Oxford with a road map.