PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Experience Surveys -Post Home Games

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 12:29 PM
I get an email on Sundays wanting me to rate our Game Day Experience (not performance on the field of course!) These are some of my ratings after the bama game for an overall, "meh".

Ribbon boards - They stopped updating other scores. It still showed LSU/OM with LSU up 49-47 (?) with four plus minutes to go and the game had been over for some time. Never showed the final.

Audio in stadium seemed to be out of sequence.

Still not enough metal detectors/ticket scanners to have quick entrance. Has improved with "cowbells up" instead of putting them in plastic containers to go through scanners.

Know inflation is out of control, but they used to have reasonable concession prices a couple of years ago, now sky high again. In today's hot weather games bottled water should be very reasonably priced.

Our pieced together stadium needs many improvements. Rows are very long in many if not all West sections causing constant traffic in front of you to concessions and restrooms ( beer and small bladders add to issue****).

Find a fair solution to MSU professors/staff ticket resale so that lower East side doesn't look like the visiting team's home game. (To be fair, too many seats around me in Section 4 were also filled with bama fans, including entire family groups, not just ones and twos).

Solutions: Good and bad.

Good: Win football games! I wouldn't notice or care about these things if we were winning. Heck, it would even be better if we looked good in those wins and competitive to the end in losses.

Bad: Keep losing and stands are less crowded by end of 3rd quarter or even halftime. My son and I stay until the end of all games. Has sure been easy to exit parking section and get to HWY 12 to get to his apartment!**

Hail State, but the product on the field is Shira/Felker/Croom/JoMo bad and other Gameday issues need improvement also.

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2023, 03:53 PM
Faculty/Staff get one section on the east side. Section 21. That is it. There are 10 sections over there.

The visiting fan take over is an ALUMNI not showing up problem.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 07:27 PM
Faculty/Staff get one section on the east side. Section 21. That is it. There are 10 sections over there.

The visiting fan take over is an ALUMNI not showing up problem.

Thanks for the information. It appears we need to start winning to fill all seats with state fans. There were numerous Bama fans around us in west side section 4, sad.

CaptainObvious
10-05-2023, 10:30 AM
The other fans in home side seats is always going to happen with fans from Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas and Southern Miss because our fans have family and friends, many of whom live in Mississippi, of those schools. Get a damn football team that can beat them and it will not be so miserable!!

There are so many dang LSU and Alabama fans living in the metro area, they outnumber all Southern Miss fans in Hattiesburg.

Ranchdawg
10-05-2023, 01:44 PM
One thing I?ll give A+ was the guys parachuting in before the game at night. Those guys are crazy.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 02:28 PM
One thing I?ll give A+ was the guys parachuting in before the game at night. Those guys are crazy.

I was sitting there thinking "please don't let these sparks catch the flag on fire".