PDA

View Full Version : The buy out is 50% of the remaining contract

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 11:16 AM
If he finishes the year and is dismissed, he will get 4.5 Million on the buy out. Way less than a year salary for a coach of caliber.

Not only that, it's payable over 3 years. Not all up front.

Not only that, should he take a job elsewhere, we get to subtract his new salary at his new stop from what we pay him per year.

Bye bye!

MBDawg601
10-04-2023, 11:18 AM
Rejoice!!! Let the heads roll!!!

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 11:34 AM
If he finishes the year and is dismissed, he will get 4.5 Million on the buy out. Way less than a year salary for a coach of caliber.

Not only that, it's payable over 3 years. Not all up front.

Not only that, should he take a job elsewhere, we get to subtract his new salary at his new stop from what we pay him per year.

Bye bye!

https://gifdb.com/images/high/severus-snape-interesting-q7n57ljrbws48x1w.gif

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 11:35 AM
Good contract by the president

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 11:40 AM
Good contract by the president

Very. Horrible hire, but very good contract for MSU

Todd4State
10-04-2023, 11:46 AM
It's not surprising given he was always a high risk hire.

Dawgface
10-04-2023, 11:54 AM
Well at least $$$ shouldn?t be a deterrent. But if the administration is thinking like c34 we?re doomed.

Todd4State
10-04-2023, 12:01 PM
Well at least $$$ shouldn?t be a deterrent. But if the administration is thinking like c34 we?re doomed.

I would be surprised and disappointed if Selmon thought like that.

Selmon is looking to make a name for himself. Not cater to good old boys.

Leroy Jenkins
10-04-2023, 12:11 PM
I can't think of a hire that really blows my skirt up. I really don't want a coordinator who's learning to take his training wheels off while in the SEC. But, there aren't many established HC's that are realistic candidates either. I also don't particularly want a retread, I'd rather have a new guy than that. I'd probably land somewhere along the lines of a G5 HC that is trending upward.
My Rolodex of coaching candidates isn't that deep I guess.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2023, 12:15 PM
I can't think of a hire that really blows my skirt up. I really don't want a coordinator who's learning to take his training wheels off while in the SEC. But, there aren't many established HC's that are realistic candidates either. I also don't particularly want a retread, I'd rather have a new guy than that. I'd probably land somewhere along the lines of a G5 HC that is trending upward.
I'm with you. I doubt anything actually happens, but if it does I don't even have a wish list this time. Glad I'm not an AD!!!
People keep mentioning Beamer and I'm like meh....Not exciting but probably better than what we have.
Anyway, carry on. I doubt anything happens.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 12:22 PM

Yeah that would shrink your pool. Sean Lewis might be an interest to you. I like Kinne, just not a lot of HC track record yet. Chadwell but he likes to run it and we know how the AR cult will flood the board, lol.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 12:35 PM
This is going to turn out just like baseball did

Coach34
10-04-2023, 12:37 PM
I'm with you. I doubt anything actually happens, but if it does I don't even have a wish list this time. Glad I'm not an AD!!!
People keep mentioning Beamer and I'm like meh....Not exciting but probably better than what we have.
Anyway, carry on. I doubt anything happens.

No coach is going to leave SC to come to State

Coursesuper
10-04-2023, 12:41 PM

These are the ones that believe that there is a bottom pit of money for the athletic department to use.

BlackSailsDawg
Yeah that would shrink your pool. Sean Lewis might be an interest to you. I like Kinne, just not a lot of HC track record yet. Chadwell but he likes to run it and we know how the AR cult will flood the board, lol.

So long as it's a modified AR like that of USC...etc. I want a system that using AR for the base with a TE for 11 personnel and a ramped up run game. This will keep our QB and WR room stacked and we would be preparing RBs for the NFL and that attracts them too.

Quaoarsking
Worst case scenario we hire Gus Malzahn or Dan Mullen, both of whom are very likely to be an improvement.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 12:42 PM

LOL!

And we weren't getting Mike Leach either, right?

Crazy shit happens.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 12:44 PM

Staff sucks, they had all spring and summer to teach blocking assignments etc.

Bye Bye

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-04-2023, 12:44 PM

You mean 1) terrible on field performance and loss of the fan base, 2) boosters willing the pay the buyout, and 3) A AD who pussies out because he's not man enough to do his job?

If that's what you meant, I agree it seems likely.

Santiago
10-04-2023, 12:46 PM

I am just replying on your comment because it reminded me about Tech.
Every school is a little different, but we(the administration) should have looked at TX Tech after Leach left. They brought in Tubberville to "RTDF", and get back to Spike Dikes football (sound familiar??).
They wandered around for years, before bringing Kingsbury back(Air Raid).
Now look at the OC they have Kittney, running Air Raid.

They are an outpost school and realized it after trying to go another direction.
We are too, and need a unique offense from the SEC schools, in my opinion. That is the main reason I was posting so much lately.

Coursesuper
10-04-2023, 12:46 PM
LOL!

Crazy shit happens.

Why would a coach that is in a situation that is better than ours leave that to come here?

Coach34
10-04-2023, 12:49 PM
LOL!

Crazy shit happens.

I didnt think we would be stupid enough to hire Leach. But we did and here we are.

Mako
10-04-2023, 12:51 PM
I?m okay with Malzahn. Hard no on Dan Mullen. Only reason why is he didn?t like recruiting and I don?t think he?d use the portal to his advantage. It would be a long shot because I know he has decided to spend more time with his family but what about brad Peterson??

BlackSailsDawg
Every school is a little different, but we(the administration) should have looked at TX Tech after Leach left. They brought in Tubberville to "RTDF", and get back to Spike Dikes football (sound familiar??).

They are an outpost school and realized it after trying to go another direction.
We are too, and need a unique offense from the SEC schools, in my opinion. That is the main reason I was posting so much lately.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Santiago again.

Coach34
Why would a coach that is in a situation that is better than ours leave that to come here?

They wouldnt.

Also:

Moorhead fired after 1st losing season
Leach died while Coach
Arnett fired after 1st losing season

Not gonna be a very long line of people wanting that job

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 12:53 PM
I didnt think we would be stupid enough to hire Leach. But we did and here we are.

YEP! With a WR room full of 4 stars, and the most wins vs top 25 teams in a 3 year start for a MSU coach and a 9 win season. OH THE FRIGGIN HORROR of it.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 12:53 PM

#1) I'm ****ing with 34.

#2) That's the AD's job. I hope we hired well.

#3) In this situation Beamer has ties to MSU. It's possible but not probable.

#4) With that attitude we're ****ed. Let's just hire Chizik then and say **** it.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 12:54 PM
They wouldnt.

Also:

Leach died while Coach

You are really going to bat for your boys.

That's bullshit and you know it.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 12:55 PM
They wouldnt.

Also:

Leach died while Coach

The last 2 you listed will not push people away from the job. Most are going to understand that we did what we had to When Leach passed.

In fact, because of Leach a modified AR coach will see they can have success here.

basedog
They wouldnt.

Also:

Leach died while Coach

I think you might be surprised what $5 million could buy. Sec and Msu playing in the top conference along with another conference draws attention. It's all about who is firing now days.
If you could double or triple your salary, I would think you would.

Quaoarsking
They wouldnt.

Also:

Leach died while Coach

Wrong. We are an SEC job, one of 34 "power 2" jobs out there. We may not get the most elite candidates, but plenty of people likely to be better than Arnett would take the job.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 12:57 PM
I think you might be surprised what $5 million could buy. Sec and Msu playing in the top conference along with another conference draws attention. It's all about who is firing now days.
If you could double or triple your salary, I would think you would.

He's fighting for his boys. He gets them texts now.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-04-2023, 12:59 PM

LEACH WAS 8-4 IN YEAR 3, YA BOY IS ABOUT TO MISS A BOWL GAME

Quaoarsking
Reminder that the poster claiming we won't be able to hire anyone is the same poster who insisted that we not only could hire Kyle Whittingham away form Utah, but that Whittingham actively wanted our job. How can both of those be true?

BrunswickDawg
#1) I'm ****ing with 34.

#2) That's the AD's job. I hope we hired well.

#3) In this situation Beamer has ties to MSU. It's possible but not probable.

#4) With that attitude we're ****ed. Let's just hire Chizik then and say **** it.

Malzhan is a better gamble then Chizik - and I hate both of them.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 01:00 PM
LEACH WAS 8-4 IN YEAR 3, YA BOY IS ABOUT TO MISS A BOWL GAME

With practically the same roster

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:00 PM

They also fired Kingsbury because he wasn't good. I'm just not beholden to a particular scheme. AR is not the only scheme that works and scores a lot of points and uses less talent to be competitive with better talented teams. The veer and shoot does the same. Hybrids of multiple schemes do the same.

But overall when looking at head coaches schemes matter a lot less, a whole lot less, than a coach that fits at the right time and can run the entire program. Do they need to win? Absolutely! Moorehead actually won with a piss poor scheme (credit a great D and Shoop pushing the right buttons) and was an abject failure running the program. He had to go regardless. They have to win but they have to run a sound program as well.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 01:01 PM
Malzhan is a better gamble then Chizik - and I hate both of them.

Malzhan >>>>>>>>>> Chizik. Chiz is a good DC but a horrible HC. Sound familiar?

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 01:02 PM
So long as it's a modified AR like that of USC...etc. I want a system that using AR for the base with a TE for 11 personnel and a ramped up run game. This will keep our QB and WR room stacked and we would be preparing RBs for the NFL and that attracts them too.

Only a Croom/JoMo type coaching staff and this present one are stubborn enough to try to implement their square pegs round hole offense. This bunch continues to run out a 4th string GA player who has never caught a pass in four or so years at GA & State, along with questionable blocking skills and a Freshman OL at TE. Only "TE" with a catch is really a WR playing out of position there also.

Leroy Jenkins
10-04-2023, 01:07 PM
Bobby Patrinoooooo*

BlackSailsDawg
Let me introduce you to the #6 offense in the nation

WSU 4-0. They are ranked #13 in the nation with a win over Wisconsin.

Scoring offense... 5th at 45 plus per game.

Hire Arbuckle... hire the whole staff!

confucius say

Weird take. Leach won everywhere he coached, despite all of those places being hard places to win.

Maverick91
Idk if he would be a good fit down here he has only coached in the Midwest but the dude can couch. Could we pull Matt Entz from North Dakota State? That is a powerhouse and the dude has looked good since he has been there when he started in 2019.

Edit: if the dude keeps doing what he is doing he is going to get a shot somewhere big.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Only a Croom/JoMo type coaching staff and this present one are stubborn enough to try to implement their square pegs round hole offense. This bunch continues to run out a 4th string GA player who has never caught a pass in four or so years at GA & State, along with questionable blocking skills and a Freshman OL at TE. Only "TE" with a catch is really a WR playing out of position there also.

Reading facts would make any person think. "Why the hell would we make that kind of a change with out the ROSTER to run what the OC wants?" Who does that?

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:10 PM

Only and mean only if we are hiring the HC. Arbuckle is not ready to run a P5 program. 5 years from now we will see.

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 01:12 PM
Someone I would take a strong look at is Jamey Chadwell. Liberty head coach. He did an amazing job at Coastal Carolina and has Liberty undefeated so far in his first season. He does have a 4mil contract through 2030 but Liberty has no conceivable path to Power 5.

He was also the head coach for one year at Delta State earlier in his career, so he is familiar with the area. He will be somewhere big eventually.

Leroy Jenkins
10-04-2023, 01:13 PM

He was my first thought (not as a HC), then I thought "do we really go back to the WSU well again?" Oh well, Why not?

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 01:17 PM
Someone I would take a strong look at is Jamey Chadwell. Liberty head coach. He did an amazing job at Coastal Carolina and has Liberty undefeated so far in his first season. He does have a 4mil contract through 2030 but Liberty has no conceivable path to Power 5.

He was also the head coach for one year at Delta State earlier in his career, so he is familiar with the area. He will be somewhere big eventually.

I think he might have some skeletons in the closet.

I think if it happens we wind up with either Petrino, Beamer or Malzhan. Petrino may go after the Florida job if it opens up. Malzhan may get a look from Arkansas. I know he was OC there under Nutt. Beamer is a long shot but stranger things have happened.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:19 PM
Idk if he would be a good fit down here he has only coached in the Midwest but the dude can couch. Could we pull Matt Entz from North Dakota State? That is a powerhouse and the dude has looked good since he has been there when he started in 2019.

Edit: if the dude keeps doing what he is doing he is going to get a shot somewhere big.

You just have to be careful at that small of a program with long history of success with multiple coaches. Gohl built it but has been below .500 At Wyoming. Klieman absolutely! And was even better than Gohl. He also spent several years at Northern Iowa. They churn out top notch coaches. Entz hasn't maintained that same level as Klieman I would like to see a G5 level success from him or him to pick back up NDST for a few years. Great coach though and also a part of that Northern Iowa tree.

parabrave
10-04-2023, 01:22 PM
Just go hire Merls and be over with it. No other coach can go find talent to fit his scheme, get them cheap, coach them up and start winning. And this time he will quit searching for a job after the Kentucky game/

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 01:22 PM

I think if it happens we wind up with either Petrino, Beamer or Malzhan. Petrino may go after the Florida job if it opens up. Malzhan may get a look from Arkansas. I know he was OC there under Nutt. Beamer is a long shot but stranger things have happened.

He had some recruiting violations in 2016, but I'll be honest, in today's NIL world, recruting violations in the "old" world are meaningless to me. I'm just glad we have the option to get out of this mess and start talking about real staffs we can bring in.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 01:24 PM
That we could get any caoch to agree to a lowball deal like this for SEC West program shows what a Mickey Mouse decision and commitment we made to "compete" against our opponents in the SEC this year. I haven't followed their record although many here said AZ would have a very good year, but I bet they are still very tee'd off they lost to us!

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:25 PM

Air Raid'ers wouldn't like it. Lol
He has done well so far but it's a run option offense with vertical passing. I think he has a big buyout too though, just going by memory, could be wrong. You have to vet him carefully though.

gtowndawg

Intriguing for sure. But does he know any local high school coaches that can stand on the sideline and tell him what to do? Or possibly connections with fired SEC coaches that nobody else wants?

DownwardDawg

I've never believed he would. Just replying about his name that keeps being brought up.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 01:26 PM
Bobby Patrinoooooo*

LOL... Actually not really opposed to it.

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 01:26 PM
Air Raid'ers wouldn't like it. Lol
He has done well so far but it's a run option offense with vertical passing. I think he has a big buyout too though, just going by memory, could be wrong.

Yes, that is true. Very good description of his offense. Not sure about a buyout though.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:29 PM
Intriguing for sure. But does he know any local high school coaches that can stand on the sideline and tell him what to do? Or possibly connections with fired SEC coaches that nobody else wants?

None. He's only coached in Midwest, northern and west coast.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 01:32 PM

My God that's amateur hour.

I mean, if Jackie Sherrill was put back on staff and he was Arnett's mentor/advisor on the sideline, that's one thing but having a HS coach telling you how to coach a P5 program is absolutely ludicrous and Dollar General level coaching.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 01:33 PM

LOL!

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:37 PM
My God that's amateur hour.

I mean, if Jackie Sherrill was put back on staff and he was Arnett's mentor/advisor on the sideline, that's one thing but having a HS coach telling you how to coach a P5 program is absolutely ludicrous and Dollar General level coaching.

He was being sarcastic

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 01:37 PM
He's fighting for his boys. He gets them texts now.

Never thought I would see C34 defend Lemonis, as he has recently & this incompetent FB staff which is terrible in all areas except special teams.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 01:39 PM
He was being sarcastic

I understand that. I was commenting off of that on our situation.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:40 PM
He had some recruiting violations in 2016, but I'll be honest, in today's NIL world, recruting violations in the "old" world are meaningless to me. I'm just glad we have the option to get out of this mess and start talking about real staffs we can bring in.

He's had a track record besides 2016 and he resigned before the hammer at Georgia Southern. It wasn't good. It's enough to give me pause and too really dig deep and vet his history.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:40 PM
I understand that. I was commenting off of that on our situation.

Gotcha.

Cooterpoot
10-04-2023, 01:42 PM

Not if he doesn't win. And if OM pimp slaps us, it'll turn ugly so fast it's crazy. It's all about wins. And I don't care if Selmon is his buddy. Expectations were high, tickets sold, 8 homes games & to fail is the end. Much easier schedule than last year too with the SEC way down. Lose and not firing him would mean Selmon loses all credibility with the fans after the Lemonis stuff.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 01:46 PM
He's had a track record besides 2016 and he resigned before the hammer at Georgia Southern. It wasn't good. It's enough to give me pause and too really dig deep and vet his history.

I've heard there were some shenanigans at Delta State dealing with female students.

99jc
10-04-2023, 01:49 PM

yeah, and Leach was never coming here! Nostradamus.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:51 PM
I've heard there were some shenanigans at Delta State dealing with female students.

Yeah, some not good rumors but you have to do due diligence to separate fact from fiction and find out what you can and can't live with.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 01:52 PM
LOL... Actually not really opposed to it.

Long as Petrino has sold his motorcycle and if still married, stays away from young, attractive female staffers, I am now ready for this asap. We are the only SEC program except vandy that does not have a nationally known, competent, competitive HC in FB. Maybe Sunbelt Billy, but he is getting more well known for his problems this year and last, but have you checked their 2024 recruiting class?

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 02:05 PM

Charleston Southern right? I don't think he's been at Georgia Southern. Could be wrong though.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:05 PM
Not if he doesn't win. And if OM pimp slaps us, it'll turn ugly so fast it's crazy. It's all about wins. And I don't care if Selmon is his buddy. Expectations were high, tickets sold, 8 homes games & to fail is the end. Much easier schedule than last year too with the SEC way down. Lose and not firing him would mean Selmon loses all credibility with the fans after the Lemonis stuff.

As for the Egg, remember Croom's 45-0, "Well, I didn't see that coming" loss. We even fired JoMo with two winning seasons with wins over OM. 4-8 with a blow out to OM, and even CZA will see it coming.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 02:13 PM
Charleston Southern right? I don't think he's been at Georgia Southern. Could be wrong though.

That's right. Don't know why that popped in my head.

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 02:14 PM
Long as Petrino has sold his motorcycle and if still married, stays away from young, attractive female staffers, I am now ready for this asap. We are the only SEC program except vandy that does not have a nationally known, competent, competitive HC in FB. Maybe Sunbelt Billy, but he is getting more well known for his problems this year and last, but have you checked their 2024 recruiting class?

I don't know. Go look at his last stint at Louisville (got fired) and then Missouri State. It wasn't pretty. Just my opinion. Love talking about the different names though. Keep them coming!

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 02:16 PM
I don't know. Go look at his last stint at Louisville (got fired) and then Missouri State. It wasn't pretty. Just my opinion. Love talking about the different names though. Keep them coming!

With a generational QB in Lamar at that.

Kinne's at TX State is interesting, low on HC experience though.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 02:17 PM
As for the Egg, remember Croom's 45-0, "Well, I didn't see that coming" loss. We even fired JoMo with two winning seasons with wins over OM. 4-8 with a blow out to OM, and even CZA will see it coming.

Like a freight train. 4-8 is not showing you grasp the concept of being a head coach in a P5 program in the SEC. You have shown ZERO potential to be able to perform at this level. A veritable prison rape by OM will only seal the deal.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:21 PM

Yeah, thought of that soon as i posted, LOL. After being a young Dawg suffering through the Shira years and beyond, ( He even won SEC COY after a 6-5 record one year I think). Look, I am now feeling so desperate I would even welcome Dan 2.0 if he would wait on his annual yearly job search until after EGG Bowl, if he would have the team ready!**

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:25 PM
Like a freight train. 4-8 is not showing you grasp the concept of being a head coach in a P5 program in the SEC. You have shown ZERO potential to be able to perform at this level. A veritable prison rape by OM will only seal the deal.

100%. No SEC HC should ever go 0-8 and not be fired. Can you keep your job with a lack of success like that, first year or not?

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 02:25 PM
Yeah, thought of that soon as i posted, LOL. After being a young Dawg suffering through the Shira years and beyond, ( He even won SEC COY after a 6-5 record one year I think). Look, I am now feeling so desperate I would even welcome Dan 2.0 if he would wait on his annual yearly job search until after EGG Bowl, if he would have the team ready!**

Oh I get it. I was open to it as well but then those numbers sort of slapped my into reality. I'm excited though, I think we're going to do it right this time. We better.

Santiago
10-04-2023, 02:26 PM
You are really going to bat for your boys.

That's bullshit and you know it.

Reminds me, Matt Wyatt was alluding to some things today too. First time I have listened to him in a while.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 02:29 PM
Some of this is overboard. We are 5 games in and have the record most people predicted us to have, one game off at most (USCe).

Let the season play out and let's see where we are after thanksgiving and what adjustments we've made. If we are 4-8 and lose by 30 to OM, then yea we will start over. But give the guy more than 1 month of support.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:31 PM
Oh I get it. I was open to it as well but then those numbers sort of slapped my into reality. I'm excited though, I think we're going to do it right this time. We better.

Don't forget Ed O is also available. Heard he interviews well and actually gets into his 4 point stance and goes one on one with College President or AD!***. Hail State or H*ll State?, how did we get in this mess?

Dawgface
10-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Reminds me, Matt Wyatt was alluding to some things today too. First time I have listened to him in a while.
Like what?

Coach34
10-04-2023, 02:35 PM
Reminder that the poster claiming we won't be able to hire anyone is the same poster who insisted that we not only could hire Kyle Whittingham away form Utah, but that Whittingham actively wanted our job. How can both of those be true?

That was what- 7 years ago? Whittingham is now committed to Utah. We kicked the tires with him before hiring Leach. He's not interested anymore

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 02:36 PM
Some of this is overboard. We are 5 games in and have the record most people predicted us to have, one game off at most (USCe).

Let the season play out and let's see where we are after thanksgiving and what adjustments we've made. If we are 4-8 and lose by 30 to OM, then yea we will start over. But give the guy more than 1 month of support.

I agree, but we know there were a bunch that were never behind him just like there was bunch never behind Leach and a bunch never behind Mullen. I think the whole bunch left Moorehead pretty quick. Lol

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:38 PM

It is not that we are 2-3, just here people thought we would be. It's how totally bad we have looked in those wins and loses. Have you checked our position in recruiting to boot? Our new staff's fence with its MS connections to clean up with the best players in the state is working about as well as our southern border.**. Seriously, to add, with our problems at DL, to date we have one DL commit in a loaded MS HS class for 2024. We should be cleaning up with our record of many highly paid DL in the NFL. JMO, but SMH!

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 02:41 PM
With a generational QB in Lamar at that.

Kinne's at TX State is interesting, low on HC experience though.

Would take him!

Coach34
10-04-2023, 02:41 PM

Let the season play out .

This all day. Thats all I'm doing.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:42 PM
That was what- 7 years ago? Whittingham is now committed to Utah. We kicked the tires with him before hiring Leach. He's not interested anymore

If we will get off our pocketbook and make a legitimate Nationwide Search, there are many good, experienced, even successful coaches at many levels, that want the chance and $ to coach in the SEC. This is true even to proof themselves and use us as stepping stone to a bigger job, (see Dan). Hail State!

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 02:42 PM

Like what?

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 02:44 PM

It's the way we look on the field. It's the clueless look Arnett has on the sideline. He's had a deer in the headlights look in every game but SELA. Compound that with Brad Peterson the Coach Whisperer and it's looking like a clown show that is not going to get any better this year.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:49 PM
It's the way we look on the field. It's the clueless look Arnett has on the sideline. He's had a deer in the headlights look in every game but SELA. Compound that with Brad Peterson the Coach Whisperer and it's looking like a clown show that is not going to get any better this year.

Not just "deer in headlights look" in games, also in interviews. Of course not much impressive to comment on to date.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 03:57 PM

And if it doesn't, fire him. I'll be all for it.
But people conducting coaching searches at this point is a little much. It's not good for recruiting either.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 04:03 PM
But people conducting coaching searches at this point is a little much. It's not good for recruiting either.

Not really. We are 6 inches from having won 1 game. 1.

This staff has taken a 9 win Vet team allowing 1 sack per 24 attempts to a team that is lost and allowing 1 sack in every 10 attempts. A defense that is lost and soft... And they did it in record time.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 04:06 PM

It's a message board.

You know what's really not good for recruiting? The shit show we have going on right now.

Maverick91
10-04-2023, 04:13 PM
You just have to be careful at that small of a program with long history of success with multiple coaches. Gohl built it but has been below .500 At Wyoming. Klieman absolutely! And was even better than Gohl. He also spent several years at Northern Iowa. They churn out top notch coaches. Entz hasn't maintained that same level as Klieman I would like to see a G5 level success from him or him to pick back up NDST for a few years. Great coach though and also a part of that Northern Iowa tree.

Wel will see I get your point. But he was given the keys to the Corvette and hasn?t wrecked it much less dinged it yet.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 04:20 PM

This staff has taken a 9 win Vet team allowing 1 sack per 24 attempts to a team that is lost and allowing 1 sack in every 10 attempts. A defense that is lost and soft... And they did it in record time.

Arizona was 6 inches from a first down. Not tying the game, much less winning. We should have not been in that position but that's not true to say we were 6 inches from losing.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 04:34 PM
Wel will see I get your point. But he was given the keys to the Corvette and hasn?t wrecked it much less dinged it yet.

I hear ya, just want to see him over come So Dakota and win another title or two. If you are going to drop all the way down and pick from FCS all the way up to the SEC, they had better have titles and a lot of them. I'm also cautious in picking follow-up coaches. He was the DC following Kileman at Northern Iowa. He was Klieman's DC at NDST following him as HC. He's a good coach though. Offensive guys will be a hard sell on him. Especially if he is going to run the same offense in the SEC.

CoachT14
10-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Never thought I would see C34 defend Lemonis, as he has recently & this incompetent FB staff which is terrible in all areas except special teams.

Jean 34 is getting to hob knob with the new staff so he will defend them till the end.

CoachT14
10-04-2023, 04:57 PM

Outside of Will and friends, the kids don’t give a damn what is said on a message board.

Our shitshow of a coaching staff is 10x more detrimental than a message board to recruiting.

The fact that you’re arguing that just because we are 2-3 “like everyone predicted” and ignoring what lead to that record tells me all I need to know. Some folks just want to ignore reality until it smacks them right in the face.

Coursesuper
10-04-2023, 04:59 PM
Arizona was 6 inches from a first down. Not tying the game, much less winning. We should have not been in that position but that's not true to say we were 6 inches from losing.

They were inside the 30 yard line. It?s a pretty safe bet we lose that game if they get the first down there.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 05:13 PM
They were inside the 30 yard line. It?s a pretty safe bet we lose that game if they get the first down there.

Of course they were inside the 30, it was overtime. But it wasn't a stop at the goal line. He could have also thrown another interception, his 6th of the game. Or we stop them from scoring even if they had got that first down. Or they score but miss the extra point to tie, not win but tie, and still lose. Or miss the 2 pt for conversion to win. Its fallacy that the stop on 4th down was 6 inches from losing, it was only for first down. It's just not true.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 05:31 PM

C34 could spin that and say we're one possession from being 3-2. But I won't defend our results so far.

But citing sack rate for this offense be the AR would be like C34 citing that we run the ball better out of this offense. No duh. This offense runs the ball better and the AR doesn't get sacked because there is minimal to no pressure and you throw 6 yard passes a lot.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 05:33 PM
It's a message board.

You know what's really not good for recruiting? The shit show we have going on right now.

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Doing coaching searches for recruits to see and OM to point out to recruits isn't helpful. If ZA has a losing record and continues yo be horrible, fire him after the season.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 05:38 PM

What this boils down to is making excuses for what this staff has not done. You want to play Devil's advocate. But everything from the mouths of the coaching staff is presenting the exact same message as we are saying.

That's from the HC down to the the OL coach that says they don;t know who they are suppose to be blocking.

CoachT14
10-04-2023, 05:40 PM
You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Doing coaching searches for recruits to see and OM to point out to recruits isn't helpful. If ZA has a losing record and continues yo be horrible, fire him after the season.

Recruits don’t care.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 05:41 PM
C34 could spin that and say we're one possession from being 3-2. But I won't defend our results so far.

But citing sack rate for this offense be the AR would be like C34 citing that we run the ball better out of this offense. No duh. This offense runs the ball better and the AR doesn't get sacked because there is minimal to no pressure and you throw 6 yard passes a lot.

You are making my point.

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 05:52 PM

Recruits care more about their NIL than what is said here. There is no problem or solution on this board.

When you have nationally recognized SEC guys coming on local radio, as happened today, saying we need to push the panic button b/c Arnett is obviously in over his head then it's way past this board.

SPMT
10-04-2023, 06:06 PM
You mean 1) terrible on field performance and loss of the fan base, 2) boosters willing the pay the buyout, and 3) A AD who pussies out because he's not man enough to do his job?

If that's what you meant, I agree it seems likely.

Slow clap!!!

confucius say
10-04-2023, 06:14 PM
Outside of Will and friends, the kids don’t give a damn what is said on a message board.

Our shitshow of a coaching staff is 10x more detrimental than a message board to recruiting.

The fact that you’re arguing that just because we are 2-3 “like everyone predicted” and ignoring what lead to that record tells me all I need to know. Some folks just want to ignore reality until it smacks them right in the face.

You obviously haven't read my posts on the last several threads. But carry on.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 06:22 PM
What this boils down to is making excuses for what this staff has not done. You want to play Devil's advocate. But everything from the mouths of the coaching staff is presenting the exact same message as we are saying.

That's from the HC down to the the OL coach that says they don;t know who they are suppose to be blocking.

What you just wrote has nothing to do with you trying to push that we were 6" from a loss. You are just making up a situation in which a possible first down, not even a score, by a team behind a TD some how equals them scoring and winning the game on that play. It's a falsehood agenda you are trying to push to make a bad start to the season...bad??? Its already bad, you don't make up a situation to make it bad.

The staff has done poor and I've said that many times. The players have not executed. That's on them as well. Including our QB and all the players. But 6 inches away from a loss...that's just not true.

Coursesuper
10-04-2023, 07:02 PM
Of course they were inside the 30, it was overtime. But it wasn't a stop at the goal line. He could have also thrown another interception, his 6th of the game. Or we stop them from scoring even if they had got that first down. Or they score but miss the extra point to tie, not win but tie, and still lose. Or miss the 2 pt for conversion to win. Its fallacy that the stop on 4th down was 6 inches from losing, it was only for first down. It's just not true.

It wasn?t overtime yet it was very late in the 4th quarter.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 07:11 PM
It wasn?t overtime yet it was very late in the 4th quarter.

What are you smoking? You talking the 3rd down and 1 when we dropped him for a loss and kicked a FG to tie?? How is a 1 yard loss making it 4th and 2 the same as 6 inches from a loss? They were 20 yards away not 6 inches from the goal line.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 08:19 PM
Recruits don?t care.

I can tell you first hand that's not true.
Not saying it matters more than anything else though.

Activated Alpha
10-04-2023, 08:23 PM
What are you smoking? You talking the 3rd down and 1 when we dropped him for a loss and kicked a FG to tie?? How is a 1 yard loss making it 4th and 2 the same as 6 inches from a loss? They were 20 yards away not 6 inches from the goal line.

It was in OT because it was after Pittman scored the TD. However, everyone in that stadium and watching on TV knew that if they hadn't reversed the call AZ would have tied it then with very high probability would have won it in 2nd OT

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 08:35 PM
It was in OT because it was after Pittman scored the TD. However, everyone in that stadium and watching on TV knew that if they hadn't reversed the call AZ would have tied it then with very high probability would have won it in 2nd OT

He clearly stated it wasn't in OT, it was late in the 4th. That's why I posted what I did and honestly wasn't even sure what he was alluding to. That was the only play I could think of late in 4th.

Everybody in the stands and at home clearly knew he was short. I can't remember but thought they called him short and they confirmed it on review, not reversed it. May be wrong.

And no matter what we think might have happened, it wasn't that we were 6 inches away from a loss. A first down at the 15 is not the same as stopping a team at the goal on 4th and that score wins it. Not the same and it's just dishonest to say it was. Mullen was a yard away from beating LSU his first year, that play would be a true statement. A possible first down at the 15 is not 6 inches from a loss. He was just as likely to throw another INT like he had all night and had just done 2 series before in the 4th.

Homedawg
10-04-2023, 08:53 PM

High probability???? Even though they were behind by 7?? Not sure where your math degree comes from but......

SpaceBully
10-04-2023, 09:01 PM

How about Kline from Kansas State?

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 09:13 PM
High probability???? Even though they were behind by 7?? Not sure where your math degree comes from but......

It's a stupid agenda talking point that's popped up all of sudden.

Homedawg
10-04-2023, 09:25 PM

I swear we have people that would be happier if we lost se their agendas would be met. Holy hell

Commercecomet24
10-04-2023, 09:42 PM
I swear we have people that would be happier if we lost se their agendas would be met. Holy hell

This is true, unfortunately! Smh

Commercecomet24
10-04-2023, 09:44 PM

Starting to remind me of the villagers chasing Frankensteins monster with the pitch forks! The crowd grew as they went.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 09:45 PM
Recruits care more about their NIL than what is said here. There is no problem or solution on this board.

When you have nationally recognized SEC guys coming on local radio, as happened today, saying we need to push the panic button b/c Arnett is obviously in over his head then it's way past this board.

YEP!!!!!!!!!

This is the most disastrous thing we have done. That includes Croom and Ray. Look how long it took the basketball team to bounce back.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 09:52 PM
Starting to remind me of the villagers chasing Frankensteins monster with the pitch forks! They crowd grew as they went.

Lol. Very true!

DownwardDawg
10-04-2023, 09:56 PM
Starting to remind me of the villagers chasing Frankensteins monster with the pitch forks! The crowd grew as they went.

Hahahaha!!!!!!

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 11:11 AM
One thing I do agree with Hadad on, Andy Staples didn't just randomly decide to send a FOIA request to MSU for Arnett's contract. Someone put that bug in his ear.

TrapGame
10-05-2023, 11:15 AM
YEP!!!!!!!!!

This is the most disastrous thing we have done. That includes Croom and Ray. Look how long it took the basketball team to bounce back.

One thing I do agree with Hadad on, Andy Staples didn't just randomly decide to send a FOIA request to MSU for Arnett's contract. Someone put that bug in his ear.

Now Tom Luginbill is on the radio, insinuating with a careful choice of words, that we really ****ed up hiring Arnett and that he's not ready for a head coaching job.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 11:32 AM

Yeah, when contract details get out like this there is talk already. Which is a good sign that Selmon maybe already preparing.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Now Tom Luginbill is on the radio, insinuating with a careful choice of words, that we really ****ed up hiring Arnett and that he's not ready for a head coaching job.

We did. He is way in over his head.

What show was he on?

Activated Alpha
10-05-2023, 11:49 AM

Are you kidding me? Did you even watch that game? We got lucky with him falling short of the 1st down. Now if we had actually sacked him like we were attempting to do multiple times with multiple people, yet kept missing, then I would say our defense showed that we could stop them. However, he was short by like an inch. If they had gotten that 1st down, you're saying with total confidence that we still would have won that game? Our defense can't stop shit.

Also, I'm not pushing an agenda. I can see where this is going and can voice my opinion that we will suck and continue to suck.

TrapGame
10-05-2023, 12:39 PM
We did. He is way in over his head.

What show was he on?

SEC Radio yesterday afternoon. It may have been Finebaum or the show just before his.

Homedawg
10-05-2023, 12:48 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you even watch that game? We got lucky with him falling short of the 1st down. Now if we had actually sacked him like we were attempting to do multiple times with multiple people, yet kept missing, then I would say our defense showed that we could stop them. However, he was short by like an inch. If they had gotten that 1st down, you're saying with total confidence that we still would have won that game? Our defense can't stop shit.

Also, I'm not pushing an agenda. I can see where this is going and can voice my opinion that we will suck and continue to suck.

Nope not saying we were for sure winning the game. However, even if he got the first down the follow it had to happen for us to lose. They had to score. Kick an xp to go to another ot. Or make rhe 2 pt to win. Then if they tie they have to score then stop us. Again yes would MIGHT would have lost. But either you don't understand probability or you're just being stubborn.

Really Clark?
10-05-2023, 12:57 PM
Nope not saying we were for sure winning the game. However, even if he got the first down the follow it had to happen for us to lose. They had to score. Kick an xp to go to another ot. Or make rhe 2 pt to win. Then if they tie they have to score then stop us. Again yes would MIGHT would have lost. But either you don't understand probability or you're just being stubborn.

Yeah, for that game they had a higher probability of turning it over again than scoring that last possession. They turned it over 5 times on 11 previous possessions, scored 4 times on 11 previous possessions.

KB21
10-05-2023, 04:39 PM
Here's my big concern over making a coaching change. Is Selmon going to have carte blanche over the hire, or are we going to see the same people that essentially forced the change from the Air Raid by bringing back Brad Peterson and his buddies make the decision? Because if it is Selmon that has carte blanche, then that likely opens up some possible hires that the "We can only play one way at Mississippi State" folks wouldn't look at. If it is the folks that wanted Brad Peterson back and to do away with the Air Raid, then we will likely end up with Joe Judge.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 04:46 PM
Here's my big concern over making a coaching change. Is Selmon going to have carte blanche over the hire, or are we going to see the same people that essentially forced the change from the Air Raid by bringing back Brad Peterson and his buddies make the decision? Because if it is Selmon that has carte blanche, then that likely opens up some possible hires that the "We can only play one way at Mississippi State" folks wouldn't look at. If it is the folks that wanted Brad Peterson back and to do away with the Air Raid, then we will likely end up with Joe Judge.

Brackey and Dr Keenum made those decisions last time because we didn't have an AD. Selmon seems like the type of guy who would say, you hired me to run the department, so let me run the department. On another note, Lemonis better buckle down now that Selmon has gotten settled in.

DownwardDawg
10-05-2023, 05:06 PM
JMO, but I would be willing to bet that Selmon gets free reign to make the next hire. Obvious reasons.

Homedawg
10-05-2023, 05:07 PM

I'm glad you can make shit up.

Really Clark?
10-05-2023, 05:11 PM
I'm glad you can make shit up.

I mean, the man who hired Leach was the exact same person who was going to hire Judge. There is not this big shadow conspiracy

Todd4State
10-05-2023, 05:24 PM

The boosters may have some input because some of it is their money but Selmon will make the decision.

Compare the Arnett coaching search to any other coaching search MSU has had and it will show the influence of an AD. The only other staff that this one is similar to is Felker.

KB21
10-05-2023, 05:34 PM
You can thank Jared Benko for Leach.

Homedawg
10-05-2023, 05:39 PM
You can thank Jared Benko for Leach.

Ummm, do you have any idea who all was on the search committee? Like the ones that went to visit w him? Just curious. And I can assure benko wasn't calling any shots then.

KB21
10-05-2023, 06:02 PM
Hopefully Selmon will get to make the hire without any interference. He has the proper respect for Mike Leach. He?s been around the Air Raid at Oklahoma. He?s been around Lincoln Riley and Bob Stoops, who brought the Air Raid to Oklahoma when he hired Mike Leach.

Homedawg
10-05-2023, 06:05 PM
Hopefully Selmon will get to make the hire without any interference. He has the proper respect for Mike Leach. He?s been around the Air Raid at Oklahoma. He?s been around Lincoln Riley and Bob Stoops, who brought the Air Raid to Oklahoma when he hired Mike Leach.

That's fine. I don't care if we hire a from the air raid tree. Leach is the only one who threw it that much anyway. But they don't have to run it. That's your problem, you don't care if we win as long as we run the damn AR!! Mind boggling.

Goldendawg
10-05-2023, 08:27 PM
Someone posted CZA is our Matt Luke. If we got 4-8 with a Croom like loss in the EGG, do we have the guts, $, and intelligence at the top levels of our administration to pull the trigger and find our Kiffin? Stadium will be half filled Saturday.

confucius say
10-05-2023, 08:34 PM
Who started the rumor that Brad Peterson is running the football program and calling all the shots? And why did they start said rumor?

Quaoarsking
10-05-2023, 08:38 PM
Someone posted CZA is our Matt Luke. If we got 4-8 with a Croom like loss in the EGG, do we have the guts, $, and intelligence at the top levels of our administration to pull the trigger and find our Kiffin? Stadium will be half filled Saturday.

It shouldn't even take that bad to fire Arnett. I would say 6-6 (regardless of the Egg Bowl result) is the minimum for him to come back next year, period.

Santiago
10-05-2023, 08:38 PM
Who started the rumor that Brad Peterson is running the football program and calling all the shots? And why did they start said rumor?

Some of it is the optics on the sideline every week.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 09:29 PM
That's fine. I don't care if we hire a from the air raid tree. Leach is the only one who threw it that much anyway. But they don't have to run it. That's your problem, you don't care if we win as long as we run the damn AR!! Mind boggling.

That's never been his stance. His stance has always been that it's the best system for MSU. I could be wrong, but that's all I have seen and remember.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 09:33 PM
Well, there is smoke. Looks like a "What we are hearing" topic where the writer is saying the contract Andy Staples releases was correct but all sources say that we are retaining Arnett.

Cooterpoot
10-05-2023, 09:59 PM
Well, there is smoke. Looks like a "What we are hearing" topic where the writer is saying the contract Andy Staples releases was correct but all sources say that we are retaining Arnett.

Who is going to say we fire Arnett before even the halfway mark in the season? No damn body

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 10:02 PM
Who is going to say we fire Arnett before even the halfway mark in the season? No damn body

But he would never lie....... or get it wrong....

Santiago
10-05-2023, 10:06 PM

agree. Also, "What we are hearing", sounds like "what the university is telling me to say"

Homedawg
10-05-2023, 10:29 PM
That's never been his stance. His stance has always been that it's the best system for MSU. I could be wrong, but that's all I have seen and remember.

Nope. Best period. All teams.

Todd4State
10-06-2023, 01:39 AM

I believe we do. We definitely have the money. Larger issue is who we replace them with- but I have confidence in Selmon until proven otherwise.

It shouldn't even take that bad to fire Arnett. I would say 6-6 (regardless of the Egg Bowl result) is the minimum for him to come back next year, period.

I would fire him for 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win but we all know that won't happen. 6-6 with this team is massively underachieving. This should be a 9-10 win season with competent coaching.

The why is because we need to know who the culprits are so we can fix the program. I'm not sure that Peterson intended to have this much influence though. We're stuck with a coach in over his head who is relying heavily on advice from a guy whose experience is no higher than the high school level. This is all setting up to explain to fans "why" we might have to move on from Arnett after the season which leads me to...

Exactly. As I said before- I wouldn't believe it if someone told me that at this point even if it was Selmon or Keenum telling it to my face. Still too much season left at this point. It is still conceivable that we could turn this season around. That said- it is interesting that this buyout info came out when it did. It just so happened at a time when we had fans talking about how we had to give Arnett 2-3 years because of a massive buyout that MSU couldn't afford. Which was causing decreased fan morale and it was also causing an extreme lack of confidence in MSU at the administrative level. I didn't know the details of his buyout until this came out but I did know that it wasn't the same as the full value of the entire contract. That would be incredibly insane.

CoachT14
10-06-2023, 06:32 AM
Exactly. As I said before- I wouldn't believe it if someone told me that at this point even if it was Selmon or Keenum telling it to my face. Still too much season left at this point. It is still conceivable that we could turn this season around. That said- it is interesting that this buyout info came out when it did. It just so happened at a time when we had fans talking about how we had to give Arnett 2-3 years because of a massive buyout that MSU couldn't afford. Which was causing decreased fan morale and it was also causing an extreme lack of confidence in MSU at the administrative level. I didn't know the details of his buyout until this came out but I did know that it wasn't the same as the full value of the entire contract. That would be incredibly insane.

Yeah there have been quite a few people including Jean34 crowing about how the buyout was the full amount; blah, blah, blah. We've gotta keep him cause it's too high for Poor Ole State to pay anyway. As someone else has pointed out, the buyout is structured to where we pay less to fire him this year than next year. Someone, Keenum, Bracky, whomever saw through the facade early. The way that buyout is structured you can't convince me otherwise.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Nope. Best period. All teams.

Ok. For me, I believe that to not be true. Some teams have the ability with NIL and prestige. TAMU with NIL, BAMA with prestige. How many times has Saban changed the offense? He can put in most systems and neverdrop off in recruitment. TAMU can suck, but they are still going to pay players a crap ton of money.

MSU can not compete with NIL dollars from other schools. Name the uber wealthy people that is tied to MSU? Art Williams? Has he ever given to MSU? He's given to Liberty U. Purchased sports teams...etc. Arkansas has more access to dollars than we do.

So why run a system that will need the same type of QB/Wr/RB/OL/TE as everybody else who is going to get the people they want and we are down the list.

There is a reason why our WR room is packed with 4 star WRs and why it attracted 4 star running back Marks. There is a reason we had 3 4 star QBs that lit it up in HS. Because a QB wants to be show cased, that means attempts. A WR wants to get thrown to. That means attempts. A RB wants to learn how to catch for the NFL.

The NFL is reducing the role of a RB in rushing. The Cowboys(1989) received NINE picks (including three first-round selections) and five players from the Vikings for Herschel Walker. Steelers GM Omar Khan pointed to massive new QB contracts as a reason why RBs are becoming devalued. To his point, the RB franchise tag is worth less now ($10.09 million) than it was in 2015 ($10.95 million) while every other position, including QB ($18.5 million to $32.4 million) has gone up significantly. That's with a salary cap increase from $143 million to $225 million in that span.

Only three RBs accounted for at least 30 percent of their team's scrimmage yards in 2022: Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs and Christian McCaffrey. That number was 12 in 2000. They are getting less touches and they are not a productive in rushing. RB isn't a premium position in a passing league. Those positions would be the players who throw the ball (QB), catch the ball (WR).

Sum it up, RBs have to be a receiving weapon in the NFL. It's Why Marks came here. Stop trying to put the same system in that puts us at yet another disadvantage.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 07:50 AM
Black Sails you just wrote novel when all he was stating it has been KB's stance on the AR.

Coursesuper
10-06-2023, 07:59 AM
Ok. For me, I believe that to not be true. Some teams have the ability with NIL and prestige. TAMU with NIL, BAMA with prestige. How many times has Saban changed the offense? He can put in most systems and neverdrop off in recruitment. TAMU can suck, but they are still going to pay players a crap ton of money.

MSU can not compete with NIL dollars from other schools. Name the uber wealthy people that is tied to MSU? Art Williams? Has he ever given to MSU? He's given to Liberty U. Purchased sports teams...etc. Arkansas has more access to dollars than we do.

So why run a system that will need the same type of QB/Wr/RB/OL/TE as everybody else who is going to get the people they want and we are down the list.

There is a reason why our WR room is packed with 4 star WRs and why it attracted 4 star running back Marks. There is a reason we had 3 4 star QBs that lit it up in HS. Because a QB wants to be show cased, that means attempts. A WR wants to get thrown to. That means attempts. A RB wants to learn how to catch for the NFL.

The NFL is reducing the role of a RB in rushing. The Cowboys(1989) received NINE picks (including three first-round selections) and five players from the Vikings for Herschel Walker. Steelers GM Omar Khan pointed to massive new QB contracts as a reason why RBs are becoming devalued. To his point, the RB franchise tag is worth less now ($10.09 million) than it was in 2015 ($10.95 million) while every other position, including QB ($18.5 million to $32.4 million) has gone up significantly. That's with a salary cap increase from $143 million to $225 million in that span.

Only three RBs accounted for at least 30 percent of their team's scrimmage yards in 2022: Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs and Christian McCaffrey. That number was 12 in 2000. They are getting less touches and they are not a productive in rushing. RB isn't a premium position in a passing league. Those positions would be the players who throw the ball (QB), catch the ball (WR).

Sum it up, RBs have to be a receiving weapon in the NFL. It's Why Marks came here. Stop trying to put the same system in that puts us at yet another disadvantage.

Marks committed to Moorhead not Leach.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Black Sails you just wrote novel when all he was stating it has been KB's stance on the AR.

I did :)

Like I said, there is a reason we are now chasing 3 star QBs that not many other teams are really pushing for. The top 3 QBs in the nation are going to other SEC schools. Out of the 22 5/4 star QBs, we got none. 4 AR schools did. WRs... Even TT got their 5 star.

KB21
10-06-2023, 08:22 AM

Yep, and of those RBs, McCaffrey gets a good portion of his numbers via the passing game for the 49ers. I think he had somewhere around 52 receptions in 11 games last year. 38% of his total yards came via the passing game, and that was on around 24% of his touches. Look at how Miami is using Devon Achane.

Homedawg
10-06-2023, 08:34 AM
I did :)

Like I said, there is a reason we are now chasing 3 star QBs that not many other teams are really pushing for. The top 3 QBs in the nation are going to other SEC schools. Out of the 22 5/4 star QBs, we got none. 4 AR schools did. WRs... Even TT got their 5 star.

Well the 4 stars that CML recruited weren't any good. Matter of fact CML record of signing qb out of hs that panned out for him wasnt very good.

Coach34
10-06-2023, 08:38 AM
Well the 4 stars that CML recruited weren't any good.

This.

Robertson just got benched at Baylor
Locke has thrown 1 pass at Wisky
Greek is also a back-up at Tarleton freaking State
RaRa has 9 catches on the season even with MaHonkey out to start the season at Georgia

Has somebody that left made a real impact anywhere?

KB21
10-06-2023, 08:44 AM
Oh look. The Leach haters that make up a bunch of shit are out this AM.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 08:44 AM
This.

RaRa has 9 catches on the season even with MaHonkey out to start the season at Georgia

DJ is Washington's leading rusher. He's had the most impact of any that left.

Todd4State
10-06-2023, 08:52 AM
Part of the reason we don't have many transfers at other schools is because the players were told that we were running something similar to the Air Raid.

Matt3467
10-06-2023, 08:55 AM
This.

Mullen had quite a few QBs that were highly recruited and made little to no impact here with some going elsewhere and not doing much. It's common. Mullen had 9 years to Leach's 3. What Mullen did with Dak and Fitz in 9 years vs what Leach was able to accomplish with Rogers in 3 (really 2) is a miracle and neither was highly recruited.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Well the 4 stars that CML recruited weren't any good. Matter of fact CML record of signing qb out of hs that panned out for him wasnt very good.

You have no idea what those QBs would have done under Leach. Their ceiling was way higher as a whole.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:03 AM
You have no idea what those QBs would have done under Leach. Their ceiling was way higher as a whole.

Locke had a shot, Sawyer was never going to make it here under Leach

EdwardDrayton
10-06-2023, 09:09 AM

Yes but the case is made with what is and not with hypothesizing what might have been. Hypotheticals tend to be self-serving.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:10 AM
This.

What BS you post these days. Robertson did not get benched, he was the back up and the starter is back.

Headline:

Baylor QB Blake Shapen out 2-3 weeks with MCL injury

Associated Press

Sep 4, 2023, 03:49 PM ET

And this week:

Baylor QB Blake Shapen to return from MCL sprain, start versus UCF, report says

Locke Really.. LMAO! Again, pure BS post from you. Locke is a freshman and is back up to the SR.

Greek was never going to start here and accepted that role.

RaRa made his bed. He went from catching 44 here to being no where near the talent that UGA recruits. More proof that this system is the best for MSU

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:13 AM
Locke had a shot, Sawyer was never going to make it here under Leach

Leach doesn't like freshman QBs. Rogers was forced on him due to injury.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:14 AM
Yes but the case is made with what is and not with hypothesizing what might have been. Hypotheticals tend to be self-serving.

I'm looking at the history of Leach being able to teach his QBs

KB21
10-06-2023, 09:16 AM
Sawyer has ability, but he has an issue with his release that has not been ironed out. That issue is effecting his accuracy and is why he was never able to push Will. Sawyer was also a baseball player, and he's got that baseball throwing motion when he throws the football. It's not as long as Garrett Schrader's was, but it's long and slow. Schrader has a super slow throwing motion.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:17 AM
There is some rewriting of history going on about the end of last season and transfers. We were a heartbeat away from a mass exodus on the offensive skill positions when Leach was still our coach over what had transpired. Rara and DJ were gone and the way that played out...3-5 more were more than half way out the door. Not getting into who was right or wrong but the reality is we were on a razors thin edge of having at least 2-4 more offensive contributors leaving. The passing, tragic and nobody wished for, actually reset the tensions among the players.

This push about them lying to players...named the ones that entered the portal after we hired Barbay because Arnette lied. Or after the spring game. Or this summer.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:19 AM
Leach doesn't like freshman QBs. Rogers was forced on him due to injury.

Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. I think Locke had a shot to be good under Leach but Sawyer never would have worked out.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Sawyer has ability, but he has an issue with his release that has not been ironed out. That issue is effecting his accuracy and is why he was never able to push Will. Sawyer was also a baseball player, and he's got that baseball throwing motion when he throws the football. It's not as long as Garrett Schrader's was, but it's long and slow. Schrader has a super slow throwing motion.

I see that but for me I didn't see Sawyer working out from an intangibles standpoint that is required to be a QB under Leach.

KB21
10-06-2023, 09:26 AM
There is some rewriting of history going on about the end of last season and transfers. We were a heartbeat away from a mass exodus on the offensive skill positions when Leach was still our coach over what had transpired. Rara and DJ were gone and the way that played out...3-5 more were more than half way out the door. Not getting into who was right or wrong but the reality is we were on a razors thin edge of having at least 2-4 more offensive contributors leaving. The passing, tragic and nobody wished for, actually reset the tensions among the players.

This push about them lying to players...named the ones that entered the portal after we hired Barbay because Arnette lied. Or after the spring game. Or this summer.

I see this lie about Leach losing the locker room over the DJ thing is still being pushed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:28 AM
Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. I think Locke had a shot to be good under Leach but Sawyer never would have worked out.

Got it. And I can agree with that statement.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:33 AM
I see this lie about Leach losing the locker room over the DJ thing is still being pushed.

Even if it were true, oh well. Next man up. If you don't like the system and want to create issues in the Locker room, leave. As we saw with Hill, who got dismissed for locker room issues in the NFL.

"regardless of your role big or small, we expect guys to come to work and be supportive and own that role to the best of your ability. If you don’t do that, that’s what happened.”
Hill -- who has played just one offensive snap this season -- was unhappy with his playing time behind Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon and didn’t handle his unhappiness appropriately.

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:36 AM

Naw, make up another agenda. It started before then, that was the apex and we were razor then edge of having a mass exodus.

KB21
10-06-2023, 09:41 AM
Naw, make up another agenda. It started before then, that was the apex and we were razor then edge of having a mass exodus.

Yeah. And Leach was a racist too. I remember hearing that lie about him in his first year.

Coach34
10-06-2023, 09:42 AM
Robertson had the chance to take the job and couldnt even complete 50% of his passes

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Yeah. And Leach was a racist too. I remember hearing that lie about him in his first year.

Don't even get started on racism dude. Does no good at any point at any time.

You know you haven't been as bad lately...then your delusional OCD kicks in and we get weeks of made up agenda talking points that you spam the board with.

KB21
10-06-2023, 09:48 AM
Don't even get started on racism dude. Does no good at any point at any time.

You know you haven't been as bad lately...then your delusional OCD kicks in and we get weeks of made up agenda talking points that you spam the board with.

Oh, so you are saying that narrative wasn't being pushed, and that some weren't trying to get him fired over a twitter meme? No coach has ever had more lies made up about him in an attempt to get him ousted than Mike Leach had at Mississippi State.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2023, 09:54 AM
None of this really matters to the future of MSU.

What we are doing now is placing MSU in direct competition with most SEC for the same recruits. We can not out spend those teams. We can not pitch our system over theirs. Modified AR changes that.

WSU right now is killing it with a Modified AR that is balanced with rushing attempts. They are 4-0 and have beaten 2 top 20 teams. with not a single 4 star on that team!

That HC makes less than our HC!

Really Clark?
10-06-2023, 09:56 AM
Oh, so you are saying that narrative wasn't being pushed, and that some weren't trying to get him fired over a twitter meme? No coach has ever had more lies made up about him in an attempt to get him ousted than Mike Leach had at Mississippi State.

You are asking to stir up shit that doesn't need to be stirred. There is a huge gap between what some perceived from twitter, many who had no cares about football or even Mississippi State, to fans on a message board using it as a talking point because they didn't like him. Major major difference and we WILL NOT turn this into a political, racism, social fight.

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2023, 02:15 PM

People told us the same about Norvell. Florida State actually wants to win, so they hired him. Guess what? No skeletons emerged. IDGAF if a coach has skeletons. This is semi-pro ball. Hire someone who can win. We gotta stop pretending this is amateur athletics. It's a big time, billion dollar business that uses colleges as licensees. The transfer portal and NIL stripped the last fig leaves of the fiction that was amateurism from CFB. As I said in another thread, our athletic department, specifically the compliance department, needs to understand this. We're going to have to get our hands dirty like everyone else if we want to compete. Otherwise, have the balls to be honest that we don't want to compete and drop down to D2 or D3. Those are the choices we have now.