PDA

View Full Version : GA Tech demotes DC... hmm

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Another example of changing when it's broken.

One day after the Jackets were humiliated on their home field with a 38-27 loss to heavy underdog Bowling Green, Key demoted defensive coordinator Andrew Thacker to safeties coach and promoted assistant Kevin Sherrer to defensive coordinator.

https://theathletic.com/4918908/2023/10/01/georgia-tech-defensive-coordinator-andrew-thacker/

But hey.... We are fixing it over the next few years via recruiting and portal with NIL money we don't have

TrapGame
10-02-2023, 11:28 AM
I wonder if Brent Key has a HS school coach whispering in his ear to make these kind of decisions.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 11:29 AM
Did they look at good as 1997 though?

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:31 AM
I wonder if Brent Key has a HS school coach whispering in his ear to make these kind of decisions.

I bet he does....

NOT!

WinningIsRelentless
10-02-2023, 11:37 AM
By god let?s make the change at qb then. Thanks for the encouragement to pull the trigger for wright over Roger?s.

KB21
10-02-2023, 11:37 AM

https://theathletic.com/4918908/2023/10/01/georgia-tech-defensive-coordinator-andrew-thacker/

But hey.... We are fixing it over the next few years via recruiting and portal with NIL money we don't have

I get the point, but it's just rearranging the chairs on the deck of the titanic.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Did they look at good as 1997 though?

OUCH!

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:40 AM
By god let?s make the change at qb then. Thanks for the encouragement to pull the trigger for wright over Roger?s.

Won't solve the OL issues

WinningIsRelentless
10-02-2023, 11:49 AM

That speed at the qb position will slow down that pass rush and help the ol. Solve to issues with one move.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:55 AM
That speed at the qb position will slow down that pass rush and help the ol. Solve to issues with one move.

No it won't. Nobody is going to play the pass and they are going to play the run and him. They are coming. When an OL allows 4 DL from a trash defense to penetrate, nobody is getting out of that.

Want to help the OL and the offense, stop running 12 all together unless inside the 3 yard line, reduce 11 personnel and add more 10 for fast releasing passes. That's how you get an effective run game and a passing game.

WinningIsRelentless
10-02-2023, 12:01 PM

No it won't. Nobody is going to play the pass and they are going to play the run and him. They are coming. When an OL allows 4 DL from a trash defense to penetrate, nobody is getting out of that.

Want to help the OL and the offense, stop running 12 all together unless inside the 3 yard line, reduce 11 personnel and add more 10 for fast releasing passes. That's how you get an effective run game and a passing game.

Go let them do that. Like take my chances with a guy who completed almost 60% of his passes at vandy last year against mostly sec teams. Tulu z and crew will break a few for us.

KB21
10-02-2023, 12:04 PM

It's quite hilarious that some still believe that a QB having speed and being mobile is a way to slow down the pass rush. Especially when you consider that the two QBs who are sacked the highest percentage of the time are Milroe and Jefferson in the SEC.

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 12:11 PM

We would have to demote HC, OC, DC, & OL coaches at least. Some of y'all also say a couple of former HS HC 's on the field advisors also. This should be done quickly. Let Keenum, Bracky and a few "Cigar Boys"(if they exist) have a shot at some of the vacated slots.**( I think, no longer sure at this point).

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 12:12 PM
It's quite hilarious that some still believe that a QB having speed and being mobile is a way to slow down the pass rush. Especially when you consider that the two QBs who are sacked the highest percentage of the time are Milroe and Jefferson in the SEC.

The only team I have seen play it differently is US this year. It's just people looking for answers and needing an escape goat. They don't want to put the blame on the staff.

KB21
10-02-2023, 12:53 PM
The only team I have seen play it differently is US this year. It's just people looking for answers and needing an escape goat. They don't want to put the blame on the staff.

I know that. I predicted back in January that Will Rogers would be the scapegoat when the offense struggles.

Westdawg
10-02-2023, 12:54 PM

Those are both power running QBs.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 01:18 PM
Jefferson is fat and slow. And slow twitch.

Also, ask any D staff and they'll tell you they'd rather face a statue than a mobile qb