PDA

View Full Version : Soooooo to recap the season so far

Coach34
10-01-2023, 09:50 PM
1. We lost to Bama as we always do
2. We lost to LSU as we normally do with a few wins sprinkled in here and there (3-12 in the last 15)
3. We lost on the road in the SEC to the East team as we usually do (2-7 the last 8 years)
4. We beat both OOC teams

But we have people freaking out and losing their minds. Literally nothing has changed with State football under Arnett. You guys acting like this is Croom like are insane

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 09:58 PM
JMO, but your recent defense of Lemonis after the last two years finishing 14th & 13th in the conference and now a FB staff putting such a poor product on the field to date leaves me baffled. I believed we were going to have at least a 7 win season, but looks like the media and the other SEC West coaches knew something I didn't know when we were picked dead last coming off a 9 win season with the most veteran players in the league returning. Compare our performance to date to every other SEC team Sat except Vandy of course and maybe Ark, (forgot FL and Sunbelt Billy, glad we don't have him still, longterm). We are a poorly prepared and coached mess so far. Fire away.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2023, 09:58 PM
Time will tell. That's the only fact right now.

cheewgumm
10-01-2023, 10:06 PM
amen

confucius say
10-01-2023, 10:07 PM
We have 7 games left to find that out. If we win 5/6 of them to get to 7-5/8-4, you're right.

Quaoarsking
10-01-2023, 10:12 PM
Our FPI ranking is currently #45. In the last decade, we've only been worse than that twice. (And only barely - #51 in 2016 and #52 in 2020.) There's still time for it to get better, but also time for it to get worse. We are clearly in worse shape than we all expected to be, and that's a huge red flag.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 10:18 PM
LOL

Coach34
10-01-2023, 10:21 PM
JMO, but your recent defense of Lemonis after the last two years finishing 14th & 13th in the conference and now a FB staff putting such a poor product on the field to date leaves me baffled. I believed we were going to have at least a 7 win season, but looks like the media and the other SEC West coaches knew something I didn't know when we were picked dead last coming off a 9 win season with the most veteran players in the league returning. Compare our performance to date to every other SEC team Sat except Vandy of course and maybe Ark, (forgot FL and Sunbelt Billy, glad we don't have him still, longterm). We are a poorly prepared and coached mess so far. Fire away.

I 100% believe both will get better.

Already have lots of positive news coming out of Fall baseball

I also believe football gets better but I do worry that our Secondary is so bad that we may not make the 6 wins. But very encouraged with the offense getting better. Just got to let it play out.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 10:30 PM
Not bad points HOWEVER ... Where was this post last year? You could've made the same exact post last year except we played Natty winner GA at home.

Plus ... we don't usually lose to Vandy level SECe teams on the road. And even tho we usually lose to LSU, outside of 2019 I'm pretty sure we haven't taken an ass kicking like this year in the past 8 years ... maybe that's why you stretched that one out to 15. Plus ... Leach is one of the 3 wins.

Carry on your water toting. Tell your homeboys to get this shit turned around.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 11:00 PM

I also believe football gets better but I do worry that our Secondary is so bad that we may not make the 6 wins. But very encouraged with the offense getting better. Just got to let it play out.

Well put. Let's get it around ASAP in both sports. Football quickly.

CaptainObvious
10-01-2023, 11:07 PM
If we don?t hang 65 on Western Michigan with 700+ yards, this is a 4-8 or 5-7 team at best.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 11:14 PM
Our FPI ranking is currently #45. In the last decade, we've only been worse than that twice. (And only barely - #51 in 2016 and #52 in 2020.) There's still time for it to get better, but also time for it to get worse. We are clearly in worse shape than we all expected to be, and that's a huge red flag.

Currently we're 87th in both total offense and defense nationally.

We're pretty close to Croom and Sirmon territory right now.

And we've played the 13th and 14th best defenses in the SEC while Alabama has been the best.

It looks dicey and it feels dicey.

Quaoarsking
10-02-2023, 01:02 AM

Not making it to 6 wins is a total disaster for the program and a sub-Moorhead performance out of Arnett. You can't play the "we're just doing what we always do" card and also casually toss out that we may end our bowl streak after 13 years.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2023, 04:24 AM
I knew it was coming. The real facts are some of us didnt appreciate what we had with Leach just because he didnt do things our way.

Be careful what you wish for

basedog
10-02-2023, 05:24 AM
Currently we're 87th in both total offense and defense nationally.

We're pretty close to Croom and Sirmon territory right now.

And we've played the 13th and 14th best defenses in the SEC while Alabama has been the best.

It looks dicey and it feels dicey.

It's dicey indeed. My question moving forward is how the players respond or don't respond, losing causes misery not to fans but players. Arnett and staff have to motivate and keep the locker room, with new coaches it can be dicey as you stated.

Todd4State
10-02-2023, 06:35 AM
It's dicey indeed. My question moving forward is how the players respond or don't respond, losing causes misery not to fans but players. Arnett and staff have to motivate and keep the locker room, with new coaches it can be dicey as you stated.

If some of them were misled by the staff about what we were going to run on offense on top of not winning- none of that helps either.

I love MSU but if I was a player I'm not sure I would put up with that for long myself.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 07:13 AM
2. We lost to LSU as we normally do with a few wins sprinkled in here and there (3-12 in the last 15)
3. We lost on the road in the SEC to the East team as we usually do (2-7 the last 8 years)

But we have people freaking out and losing their minds. Literally nothing has changed with State football under Arnett. You guys acting like this is Croom like are insane

Our admin and coaching staff is making bad decisions. Arnett is listening to a HS coach on the side lines for crying out loud. The optics of it all is just pathetic. How have you not already assigned nicknames to that whole group , including Peterson by now? You were quick to jump on Coach Leach, a legendary coach, and give stupid nicknames. He earned for more respect than what was given on this board.
Just saying Coach34, I like you man, but we see through this one a mile away.
Arnett lied about the system he would run. So instead of having 4th and 5th year guys running a similar system to what they have known for 3 years that allowed them to equalize against better SEC talents, CZA listened to a HS coach and alumni and went back to 1997. I think they had leather helmets back then.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 07:17 AM

I ran into the grandfather of a freshman baseball player this weekend. He said "it sounds like those kids had a tough time throwing strikes for the past couple of years". LOL. He was a nice guy, and I said yeah that is putting it in a nice summary.

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2023, 07:19 AM

I really don't know what to make of this new "glass half full" Coach34. I feel like Ricky Bobby during his first live interview - "I don't know what to do with my hands..."

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Y6nL4tAJh8KU8/giphy.gif

Santiago
10-02-2023, 07:21 AM
If some of them were misled by the staff about what we were going to run on offense on top of not winning- none of that helps either.

I love MSU but if I was a player I'm not sure I would put up with that for long myself.

Arnett's BS comments to the SEC guys the week of the LSU game saying his defense was on the field too much in the other offense - statistically was pure BS. At that point, I realized just how deep this has gone as to those with voices in his ear.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 07:21 AM
Our admin and coaching staff is making bad decisions. Arnett is listening to a HS coach on the side lines for crying out loud. The optics of it all is just pathetic. How have you not already assigned nicknames to that whole group , including Peterson by now? You were quick to jump on Coach Leach, a legendary coach, and give stupid nicknames. He earned for more respect than what was given on this board.
Just saying Coach34, I like you man, but we see through this one a mile away.
Arnett lied about the system he would run. So instead of having 4th and 5th year guys running a similar system to what they have known for 3 years that allowed them to equalize against better SEC talents, CZA listened to a HS coach and alumni and went back to 1997. I think they had leather helmets back then.

Because he likes this staff and this offense.

I actually do too honestly. But I can also be honest about what him seeing from ZA. I have no real issue with Barbay other than the decision to not give Wright a chance to win the job on the field, which that may be a ZA decision.

TrapGame
10-02-2023, 08:46 AM

Wow.

If this wasn't your buddies on the staff you'd be ripping it apart.

Coach34
10-02-2023, 08:49 AM
I really don't know what to make of this new "glass half full" Coach34. I feel like Ricky Bobby during his first live interview - "I don't know what to do with my hands..."

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Y6nL4tAJh8KU8/giphy.gif

It's just reality.

Lemon better make it happen or he is gone. It's cut and dry for 2024.

Arnett gets two years to show he was the correct choice. I like the direction of the offense and really surprised at how bad the Secondary is on D. But that happens when you lose NFL caliber players and replace them with role players that just arent starter type guys. They have 2 weeks to get alot better on D or things will certainly get worse

bulldawg28
10-02-2023, 09:15 AM
I knew it was coming. The real facts are some of us didnt appreciate what we had with Leach just because he didnt do things our way.

Be careful what you wish for

So people asked for Leach to die for change, right? Who asked for it?

phatdog
10-02-2023, 09:31 AM

I think social media is causing this insanity

defiantdog
10-02-2023, 09:35 AM
It's just reality.

Arnett gets two years to show he was the correct choice. I like the direction of the offense and really surprised at how bad the Secondary is on D. But that happens when you lose NFL caliber players and replace them with role players that just arent starter type guys. They have 2 weeks to get alot better on D or things will certainly get worse
What's the latest on khamauri rogers? Dude still fighting an injury?

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2023, 09:50 AM
It's just reality.

I don't disagree with the points.
As much grief as Lemo has gotten, the reality is that going into 2022 everyone knew we were thinner and that 2023 would be a rebuild year. Well, thin in '22 became a disaster when our top pitching was injured. That put even more pressure on a '23 team most expected to be a down season anyway. So, giving Lemo the chance to fix it is logical based on his first 3 seasons and his built up cred from a Natty. As you say - it is real cut and dry for Lemonis' fate.

Football is a different beast - but barring finding Arnett with a dead girl or a live boy, he will likely be back. The real issue to me is too many of our fans want a Cadillac, but they only want to pay for Chevy Citation. It makes keeping a roster intact hard, but also means you can't miss with guys you bring in via the portal. We can't afford to take players from the portal who need development. We missed on Goede, we missed on Spivey (though that wasn't our fault), we missed on Radar Jones, Jamari Brown, & Khamari Rogers, and Albert got hurt. We needed all of those bodies to contribute - and that lack of contribution at 3 positions of need (TE, S, CB) has hurt tremendously.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 09:57 AM
LSU is one game over .500, USC is under .500, and AL is as bad as they've been in 15 years. We're poorly coached. Very poorly coached at that. Our HS guy on the sidelines only happens here. We choose to sit on players and not spend on new players and didn't go get a QB. If Arnett thought the Air Raid was bad, he had to know Will couldn't handle anything else if Arnett is any kind of coach. We all knew it and we're a bunch of idiots. Just so many missteps with all this. Typical Mississippi State football crap.

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-02-2023, 10:00 AM
LSU is one game over .500, USC is under .500, and AL is as bad as they've been in 15 years. We're poorly coached. Very poorly coached at that. Our HS guy on the sidelines only happens here. We choose to sit on players and not spend on new players and didn't go get a QB. If Arnett thought the Air Raid was bad, he had to know Will couldn't handle anything else if Arnett is any kind of coach. We all knew it and we're a bunch of idiots. Just so many missteps with all this. Typical Mississippi State football crap.

It's just the frustration. The frustration of continuing to try to do the same thing and continually getting embarrassed. I want to win, but I just don't want to spend all the money we spend to go and watch us get embarrassed.

Maybe I'm just extra pissed because I took the season win total over 6.5......and that's on me. My dad always told me, "No man ever got rich betting on the dawgs..." I was never the greatest listener.

TorpedoIPA
10-02-2023, 10:04 AM
So people asked for Leach to die for change, right? Who asked for it?

Leach had a certain segment of fans at both Texas Tech and at Washington State that just didn't like him because he was different. The more he won with his offense the madder they got. Leach thought balance was distributing the ball, utilizing the whole field, not simply handing off to a running back as many times as you threw. Plus he felt that you could just throw the ball to a running back in space and have better results that just handing it to them.

Of course this pissed off the guys that think you have to do it the way everybody else does it.

I always felt that MSU would not fare well, doing everything like Alabama or LSU did, but not having equivalent talent. I think that is what we are seeing.

Coach34
10-02-2023, 10:07 AM
Maybe I'm just extra pissed because I took the season win total over 6.5......and that's on me. My dad always told me, "No man ever got rich betting on the dawgs..." I was never the greatest listener.

andddddddd there we go. Between this and the Airbone Cult- this is what is driving most of the angst

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 10:10 AM
andddddddd there we go. Between this and the Airbone Cult- this is what is driving most of the angst

No what's driving the angst is the product on the field with a veteran team!

Matt3467
10-02-2023, 10:11 AM
Some of you folks saying this staff won't be gone even if we win 4-5 games aren't thinking about what Nov 23 could mean for this team. If OM rolls into Starkville and Crooms us I'd be surprised if heads didn't roll.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Some of you folks saying this staff won't be gone even if we win 4-5 games aren't thinking about what Nov 23 could mean for this team. If OM rolls into Starkville and Crooms us I'd be surprised if heads didn't roll.

Just repeating what 247 is saying. He will get another year.

MBDawg601
10-02-2023, 10:16 AM
I've always dated fat ugly girls. I will always date fat ugly girls.

No self esteem or confidence. Just give me Big Bertha and I'll be happy.

This thread in a nutshell.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-02-2023, 10:17 AM

Gene34 to the rescue

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2023, 10:18 AM
It's just the frustration. The frustration of continuing to try to do the same thing and continually getting embarrassed. I want to win, but I just don't want to spend all the money we spend to go and watch us get embarrassed.

Lots of optimism coming into the season... remember the number of posts on here about how the media doesn't give us enough credit and the team wasn't getting enough credit because we had a new coach? We then step on the field and realize the only positions we're any good at is kicker and running backs.

We're extremely slow at QB, LB, and DB. These are three position groups where you can't compete in today's game when you're as slow as we are.

You can take any numbers and craft a narrative around it... what you can't do is tell anyone that has watched us play that we are a good football team. We aren't Croom/Moorhead level bad, but it can quickly slide that way unless we figure something out to put some wind in the sails.

Matt3467
10-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Also I know others posted recently about our chances in the remaining games and anyone thinking 5 wins is the floor for this team is very optimistic. I don't see another conference win anywhere on our schedule.

Matt3467
10-02-2023, 10:24 AM
Lots of optimism coming into the season... remember the number of posts on here about how the media doesn't give us enough credit and the team wasn't getting enough credit because we had a new coach? We then step on the field and realize the only positions we're any good at is kicker and running backs.

We're extremely slow at QB, LB, and DB. These are three position groups where you can't compete in today's game when you're as slow as we are.

You can take any numbers and craft a narrative around it... what you can't do is tell anyone that has watched us play that we are a good football team. We aren't Croom/Moorhead level bad, but it can quickly slide that way unless we figure something out to put some wind in the sails.

What amazes me is how it seems like all of the sportscasters only have great things to say about WR. It's like they've only looked at the stat books and never watched a game.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 10:30 AM

It's the extremely shitty football that's driving it. We returned 14 starters I think. Expectations should've been higher. Amateur Hour is making things worse than it should be. But Mississippi State's good ole boy network doesn't give a shit. Their buddies are employed here and they get access to more. Arnett is well past lost. So much so he's lost control of himself even. It's ugly. We're one of the 10 worst FBS teams in America vs FBS teams.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 10:36 AM
What amazes me is how it seems like all of the sportscasters only have great things to say about WR. It's like they've only looked at the stat books and never watched a game.

Yeah.. God forbid they point out his records. That's horrible for MSU in recruiting! Do you watch games? Tell me about the awesomeness of the OL in this scheme.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 10:37 AM
It's the extremely shitty football that's driving it. We returned 14 starters I think. Expectations should've been higher. Amateur Hour is making things worse than it should be. But Mississippi State's good ole boy network doesn't give a shit. Their buddies are employed here and they get access to more. Arnett is well past lost. So much so he's lost control of himself even. It's ugly. We're one of the 10 worst FBS teams in America vs FBS teams.

Nobody on this earth can say it more clearly and correctly than this!

TrapGame
10-02-2023, 10:52 AM
Also I know others posted recently about our chances in the remaining games and anyone thinking 5 wins is the floor for this team is very optimistic. I don't see another conference win anywhere on our schedule.

It's going to be 4-8. I can't see 6-6 or even 5-7 at this point. That Egg Bowl beat down will be legendary among the OM crowd. Lane will drop 60+ on this defense. Hell, we might be in a close game with USM. Selmon will have a decision to make in December. We are going to see what kind of AD we have.

Biguglyjoe
10-02-2023, 10:56 AM
It's going to be 4-8. I can't see 6-6 or even 5-7 at this point. That Egg Bowl beat down will be legendary among the OM crowd. Lane will drop 60+ on this defense. Hell, we might be in a close game with USM. Selmon will have a decision to make in December. We are going to see what kind of AD we have.
I don't have social media, so I'm asking a serious question. What has Selmon done of any great significance since he's been here? I hope it's a long list. I truly haven't heard much on that front.

Coach34
10-02-2023, 10:57 AM
It's the extremely shitty football that's driving it. We returned 14 starters I think.

We returned 11

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-02-2023, 10:58 AM
I don't have social media, so I'm asking a serious question. What has Selmon done of any great significance since he's been here? I hope it's a long list. I truly haven't heard much on that front.

I know his daughter meatball did the worm before a game

Coach34
10-02-2023, 10:59 AM
What has Selmon done of any great significance since he's been here? I hope it's a long list. I truly haven't heard much on that front.

What exactly should he have done in 6 months besides fundraise, network, get his staff in place, and develop a relationship with the coaches of each sport?

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 11:10 AM
I don't disagree with the points.
As much grief as Lemo has gotten, the reality is that going into 2022 everyone knew we were thinner and that 2023 would be a rebuild year. Well, thin in '22 became a disaster when our top pitching was injured. That put even more pressure on a '23 team most expected to be a down season anyway. So, giving Lemo the chance to fix it is logical based on his first 3 seasons and his built up cred from a Natty. As you say - it is real cut and dry for Lemonis' fate.

Football is a different beast - but barring finding Arnett with a dead girl or a live boy, he will likely be back. The real issue to me is too many of our fans want a Cadillac, but they only want to pay for Chevy Citation. It makes keeping a roster intact hard, but also means you can't miss with guys you bring in via the portal. We can't afford to take players from the portal who need development. We missed on Goede, we missed on Spivey (though that wasn't our fault), we missed on Radar Jones, Jamari Brown, & Khamari Rogers, and Albert got hurt. We needed all of those bodies to contribute - and that lack of contribution at 3 positions of need (TE, S, CB) has hurt tremendously.

I went to Hail State stats and looked at all portal players we have this year. WR from E Washington has one catch. The portal guys for this year are a total whiff for this in over it's head staff. I have no confidense in them at any level or task. As you pointed out TE was 4th string from GA and yet to have a catch in his college career and a poor blocker to boot (that we also use a Freshman OL at TE is JoMo /Croom stubborn in an attempt to run this "Offense"). Only Special Teams are a success. If we finish 4-8, rebuild with an experienced, competent HC and staff. Most of this bunch is lost.

TrapGame
10-02-2023, 11:21 AM

Selmon has been doing a lot things behind the scenes. He has his sea legs now.

People gave him a Mulligan on Lemo. He doesn't get a Mulligan for this. Arnett was not his hire. He owes Zach nothing.

And if we do go 4-8 I fully expect a certain someone with ties to MSU and Selmon to be given serious consideration if he is interested in the job.

Whether you like him or not he will be on Selmon's short list.

Goldendawg
I've always dated fat ugly girls. I will always date fat ugly girls.

No self esteem or confidence. Just give me Big Bertha and I'll be happy.

This thread in a nutshell.

Late, great Bon Scott and Rosie would approve this post. Hail, Hail Rock and Roll and Hail State!

Matt3467
Yeah.. God forbid they point out his records. That's horrible for MSU in recruiting! Do you watch games? Tell me about the awesomeness of the OL in this scheme.

It's not just records they talk about. It's his arm strength, accuracy, composure in the pocket, etc. Anyone that watches our games knows better which is why one of the more common comments on the board is about how any pressure on Will or causing him to run out of the pocket never has good results.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:27 AM
I went to Hail State stats and looked at all portal players we have this year. WR from E Washington has one catch. The portal guys for this year are a total whiff for this in over it's head staff. I have no confidense in them at any level or task. As you pointed out TE was 4th string from GA and yet to have a catch in his college career and a poor blocker to boot (that we also use a Freshman OL at TE is JoMo /Croom stubborn in an attempt to run this "Offense"). Only Special Teams are a success. If we finish 4-8, rebuild with an experienced, competent HC and staff. Most of this bunch is lost.

We just burned 7 true freshmen red shirts. That's how smart this staff is.

RB Seth Davis, safety Isaac Smith, wide receiver Creed Whittemore, linebacker Zakari Tillman, tight end Malik Ellis, and specialists Kyle Ferrie and Keelan Crimmins.

Ellis is an OT that he is forcing into a TE roll just to able run this scheme.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:30 AM
It's not just records they talk about. It's his arm strength, accuracy, composure in the pocket, etc. Anyone that watches our games knows better which is why one of the more common comments on the board is about how any pressure on Will or causing him to run out of the pocket never has good results.

His arm strength? Yeah he didn't throw bombs against USC last weekend at all! He did not step up in the pocket and take a hit while throwing a TD either. He did not rush for a first down vs bama on 3rd and 11.

The fact is the scheme is the issue.

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 11:30 AM

Tommy Pharr and Dave Marlar (sp?) threw for a ton of yards for their day (don't remember how many and they are't remembered or discussed today) and we lost almost every game (and all old enough to have been there remember we were cellar dwellers). Only meaningful stat remembered through the ages is wins.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 11:32 AM
Because he likes this staff and this offense.

I actually do too honestly. But I can also be honest about what him seeing from ZA. I have no real issue with Barbay other than the decision to not give Wright a chance to win the job on the field, which that may be a ZA decision.

We can like Barbay and his system, and still criticize him and the administration for making another 180 on offense.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2023, 11:33 AM
I just don't believe we will pay out 9 million after roughly 11 months on the job.

I still think the season starts in 19 days when we play in Fayetteville. Arkansas fans are ready to fire Pittman. If they don't rally the troops and beat the bears this weekend, they will be on a 5 game-losing streak after going to Tuscaloosa.

There will not be a better time to play Arkansas. Then we get Auburn on the road, Kentucky at home and A&M on the road. We have to go at least 2-2 in that stretch. That is still extremely doable.

I think we will be favored against Arkansas and probably a pickem against AU and UK and probably a 7-10 point dog against A&M if they continue to play defense the way they have been.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 11:38 AM

RB Seth Davis, safety Isaac Smith, wide receiver Creed Whittemore, linebacker Zakari Tillman, tight end Malik Ellis, and specialists Kyle Ferrie and Keelan Crimmins.

The forcing Ellis to TE is really aggravating. I agree with what Hack posted yesterday, that all this falls back on the administration and the coaching staff for forcing a 180 on offense immediately when we do not have the personnel, and the OL and QB really are best suited for AR due to talent.

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 11:40 AM

Croom after the 45-0 beatdown where 3 of our QB's were brutalized, "Well, I didn't see that coming". Well, as the teaser thread often posted here and on the Pack says, "It's Coming" with this staff unless they learn to coach asap to at least give us a puncher's chance (powderpuff results on O and D to date), in any of the remaining SEC games. It's Croom/Woody/Sermon bad and very hard to watch.

vindastra
10-02-2023, 11:42 AM
People that couldn't run to this board to create "Breaking... Hot news... You heard it first" threads are the happiest now.

Never mind the big steaming pile of shit that is our team.

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 11:43 AM

"Able to run this scheme" is a real stretch!*****

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 11:43 AM

So, 2 are ST guys. The other five minus Ellis, should be playing.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 11:45 AM
I just don't believe we will pay out 9 million after roughly 11 months on the job.

I still think the season starts in 19 days when we play in Fayetteville. Arkansas fans are ready to fire Pittman. If they don't rally the troops and beat the bears this weekend, they will be on a 5 game-losing streak after going to Tuscaloosa.

There will not be a better time to play Arkansas. Then we get Auburn on the road, Kentucky at home and A&M on the road. We have to go at least 2-2 in that stretch. That is still extremely doable.

I think we will be favored against Arkansas and probably a pickem against AU and UK and probably a 7-10 point dog against A&M if they continue to play defense the way they have been.

We won't because it's not $9MM. It's less. Probably closer to $7MM and that's what we should be paying for a good damn coach anyway. But we are Mississippi State, so you're probably right.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 11:48 AM
So, 2 are ST guys. The other five minus Ellis, should be playing.

I agree with some of them. The Kicker. etc.

Not Ellis and not Smith.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2023, 11:49 AM
At this point, we need freshman playing so that they can be ready for next year.

Ellis is not an SEC OT. At least not now and not next year.

I think Whttemore, Tillman, Davis and Smith should be playing more. We will need them next year.

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-02-2023, 11:51 AM
We won't because it's not $9MM. It's less. Probably closer to $7MM and that's what we should be paying for a good damn coach anyway. But we are Mississippi State, so you're probably right.

Bookmark these topics...we can just pick back up next year where we leave off this year. He will be back. He ain't going anywhere.

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 11:54 AM

Beat some of these teams? Have you watched our D and read the stats we are giving up in pass% and yards? Add in virtually no pressure/sacks on QB, but LB's lead the league in tackles made 6 to 8 yards downfield ( stats we love kind of like WR short pass completions*). This along with around hole/square peg Offense and an incompetent staff give me little hope of an SEC win. BTW I was for the hire at the time and predicted 7 win floor and 9 win ceiling. Looks like 4 floor and 5 ceiling now with an SEC upset that might cost Pittman his job. What a lack on ROI for a pitiful 2023 season and beyond if this comes to pass. H*ll State? We are better than this!

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 11:59 AM
I agree with some of them. The Kicker. etc.

Not Ellis and not Smith.

Issac was always playing as a true freshman. He was good enough to make the 2 deep and didn't want to redshirt.

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 12:01 PM
At this point, we need freshman playing so that they can be ready for next year.

I think Whttemore, Tillman, Davis and Smith should be playing more. We will need them next year.

If you don't think other team$ will be going after any young talent (or the few talented vets remaining), we have if we go 4-8 with this rookie coaching disaster into a big rebuilding and possible bad record 2024 again, I don't know what to say. This looks like Croom or JoMo and waiting another year if we finish 4-8 will make little difference and apathy, which has already begun at home games will grow quickly.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2023, 12:02 PM
Beat some of these teams? Have you watched our D and read the stats we are giving up in pass% and yards? Add in virtually no pressure/sacks on QB, but LB's lead the league in tackles made 6 to 8 yards downfield ( stats we love kind of like WR short pass completions). This along with around hole/square peg Offense and an incompetent staff give me little hope of an SEC win. BTW I was for the hire at the time and predicted 7 win floor and 9 win ceiling. Looks like 4 floor and 5 ceiling now with an SEC upset that might cost Pittman his job. What a lack on ROI for a pitiful 2023 season and beyond if this comes to pass. H*ll State? We are better than this!

I'm not saying we are a good team. We are not, but neither is Upig or AU. A&M has flaws. Hell right now, Kentucky may be the best of the bunch, but we get them at home and we seem to always find a way to beat UK at home.

Look, as bad as we have looked, this past saturday should have been a 10 point game. Instead the pick 6 and pick right before the half were just killers.

I've been a Will defender on here and even I can't defend his play this past Saturday. He killed us. This offense just isn't for him. We are still running read option plays with him. Makes zero sense.

We are clearly going to run this offense and Will doesn't fit it and we need to make a change. It should happen this weekend. We should put Mike in, play him a bunch and then use the bye week to get him more reps with the starters. IT gives us the best chance the rest of the season. If I was a fan of another SEC school, the last thing I would want to happen is for MSU to make a QB switch.

Todd4State
10-02-2023, 12:03 PM

I certainly hope we redshirt Ellis next year.

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 12:04 PM
Beat some of these teams? Have you watched our D and read the stats we are giving up in pass% and yards? Add in virtually no pressure/sacks on QB, but LB's lead the league in tackles made 6 to 8 yards downfield ( stats we love kind of like WR short pass completions*). This along with around hole/square peg Offense and an incompetent staff give me little hope of an SEC win. BTW I was for the hire at the time and predicted 7 win floor and 9 win ceiling. Looks like 4 floor and 5 ceiling now with an SEC upset that might cost Pittman his job. What a lack on ROI for a pitiful 2023 season and beyond if this comes to pass. H*ll State? We are better than this!

We are 5th in the league in sacks per game in conference games. We are getting home fine but we don't pressure well enough overall.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 12:08 PM
I'm not saying we are a good team. We are not, but neither is Upig or AU. A&M has flaws. Hell right now, Kentucky may be the best of the bunch, but we get them at home and we seem to always find a way to beat UK at home.

Look, as bad as we have looked, this past saturday should have been a 10 point game. Instead the pick 6 and pick right before the half were just killers.

I've been a Will defender on here and even I can't defend his play this past Saturday. He killed us. This offense just isn't for him. We are still running read option plays with him. Makes zero sense.

We are clearly going to run this offense and Will doesn't fit it and we need to make a change. It should happen this weekend. We should put Mike in, play him a bunch and then use the bye week to get him more reps with the starters. IT gives us the best chance the rest of the season. If I was a fan of another SEC school, the last thing I would want to happen is for MSU to make a QB switch.

And this offensive line isn't for this system either. Nor is the TE room.

Coach34
10-02-2023, 12:18 PM
And this offensive line isn't for this system either. Nor is the TE room.

BS. OL is getting better and better. Our TB's went for 6 ypc vs Bama. That's strong and shows their improvement

sandjunky
10-02-2023, 12:20 PM

Mississippi State University - The Dollar General of the SEC

Matt3467
10-02-2023, 12:25 PM
His arm strength? Yeah he didn't throw bombs against USC last weekend at all! He did not step up in the pocket and take a hit while throwing a TD either. He did not rush for a first down vs bama on 3rd and 11.

So what you're saying besides scheme is he has good arm strength, good pocket presence and mobility?

Goldendawg
10-02-2023, 12:34 PM

Agree with giving Wright many reps this Saturday and bad fit of WR in this O. There is another elephant in the room. Every SEC team left on on schedule sees us as a win and a chance to correct their issues ala probably even Arky at that time. Another win over aTm might even cost Jimbo his job (Buyout down to a measly $77 mil). Will be tough to beat the Rev at AU although they have their own issues. KY looks like the real deal to date. OM's O will destroy our back 7 or 8. I just can't see a SEC win at this point, barring a gigantic change from the staff & players.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 12:58 PM

You think people are angry because they bet the season total and will lose? You think that's a driving force of the anger? Dude. People are angry because we suck. 99% of us didn't bet the season win total.

TrapGame
10-02-2023, 12:59 PM
You think people are angry because they bet the season total and will lose? You think that's a driving force of the anger? Dude. People are angry because we suck. 99% of us didn't bet the season win total.

To quote the Maroon faced dude on the Dr. Pepper commercials: "I bought into the preseason hype...AGAIN!"

confucius say
10-02-2023, 01:10 PM

He has the weakest arm in the conference. He has positive attributes, but arm strength is not one of them.

R2Dawg
10-02-2023, 01:41 PM

Interesting. I will say 16 was a strange year. We screwed with QB against USA and lost due to not playing the right guy - Fitz. At the end of 16, we were doing OK. Hammer OM with Fitz and Atrain. That D was terrible but it wasn't talent. We had some dudes on that team although some of it still young - 17 and 18 proved that out. I don't think we are as good on O or D as 16 right now but we can still find a few wins to make 6, I'll take that right now.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 01:43 PM
BS. OL is getting better and better. Our TB's went for 6 ypc vs Bama. That's strong and shows their improvement

No they are not! They are not grasping the pass protection in this system.

R2Dawg
10-02-2023, 01:43 PM

That is true; Bama is good on D. Just no int and Bama game is totally different game. You could say the same for LSU game too.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 01:44 PM
He has the weakest arm in the conference. He has positive attributes, but arm strength is not one of them.

Either it's weak or it's not. Did he throw bombs against USC? What allowed that to happen?

R2Dawg
10-02-2023, 01:45 PM

You mean like they did so well in the AR system?

Rogers has time to throw as much as any other QB in conf. The other QBs in conf just run around and buy time to throw but we can't do that. When a team blitzes and as QB you don't adjust that is on you not the OL.

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Blacklisted, stepping up and throwing the ball 40 yards in the air doesn't mean he is strong enough to throw a 15 yard out into tight coverage from the opposite hash. That's where arm strength is measured. Doesn't mean he can't complete a lot of different types of passes but he doesn't have the strength to complete every pass. It's who he is and that's fine. But he is average at best in arm strength. At best.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 01:59 PM
The good ole boy system of hiring your buddies , and pushing to go back to something a HS coach knows how to run, is what has me pulling my NIL donations this week. The decisions in the off season by admin and coaches is just backward thinking, but it gets buddies hired.

These posts trying to pump up the staff, but yet the same posters totally mocked the previous Hall of fame coach, seems like more of the good ole boy system going on this staff and adminstration.
For every sunshine post about this staff and 1997, it just reminds me of this is the same administration that hired Cohen as AD.

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 02:06 PM
The good ole boy system of hiring your buddies , and pushing to go back to something a HS coach knows how to run, is what has me pulling my NIL donations this week. The decisions in the off season by admin and coaches is just backward thinking, but it gets buddies hired.

These posts trying to pump up the staff, but yet the same posters totally mocked the previous Hall of fame coach, seems like more of the good ole boy system going on this staff and adminstration.
For every sunshine post about this staff and 1997, it just reminds me of this is the same administration that hired Cohen as AD.

Don't do that. The players and the future is much bigger than a bad half season. There are issues at every program and some of the same things our fans talk about are the exact same issues everywhere. The difference is at some schools, they increase their financial support to overcome the perceived problems, not pull away support.

Biguglyjoe
10-02-2023, 02:08 PM
What exactly should he have done in 6 months besides fundraise, network, get his staff in place, and develop a relationship with the coaches of each sport?
Did you really quote me but delete my first sentence where I said I don't have social media and I haven't been following his efforts closely and said I was asking a serious question? Come on, man. Again, I have no idea what he's done because I have not been following his efforts closely. Thank you for indirectly answering my question, I guess.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Don't do that. The players and the future is much bigger than a bad half season. There are issues at every program and some of the same things our fans talk about are the exact same issues everywhere. The difference is at some schools, they increase their financial support to overcome the perceived problems, not pull away support.

I don't want to, and I respect Charlie for all he does.
But the stupid stuff like the offseason decisions by staff and admin is a sign we have a bigger problem. We have too much good ole boy going on. The OP on this thread is inadvertently showing just how much so.
There needs to be a cleaning of the house alright, and chief of staff, and all these that have pushed for a total 180 from last year in a season of seniors that only know that system, is stupidity.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 02:28 PM
Either it's weak or it's not. Did he throw bombs against USC? What allowed that to happen?

No. The furthest ball he threw was a touch throw 46 yards in the air. That's not indicative of a strong arm. I've done that a lot. Not always with timing and accuracy mind you, but still. Throwing a ball 46 yards doesn't prove you have a strong arm for sec standards.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 02:31 PM
I don't want to, and I respect Charlie for all he does.
But the stupid stuff like the offseason decisions by staff and admin is a sign we have a bigger problem. We have too much good ole boy going on. The OP on this thread is inadvertently showing just how much so.
There needs to be a cleaning of the house alright, and chief of staff, and all these that have pushed for a total 180 from last year in a season of seniors that only know that system, is stupidity.

I get the frustration. But pulling NIL support makes the problem worse for the next coach too if we make a change, and makes it harder for this staff to win. I encourage us all to be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem

BHildreth3
10-02-2023, 03:48 PM
IMO, a lot of the freak out is also due to OleMiss and Kiffin's success. It always feels worse when OleMiss is having a better year.

bobcat91
10-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Are you on the dole? Arnett is putting a Croom level team on the field and should and will be fired at the end of the season. He has no business being a HC anywhere. I do believe will will be better in baseball, but not much. Selmon gets to make two hires this time

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 04:26 PM
IMO, a lot of the freak out is also due to OleMiss and Kiffin's success. It always feels worse when OleMiss is having a better year.

Or, that were probably about 6 inches away from being 1-4 right now, got destroyed by a bad LSU team, and manhandle by a mediocre AL team. We need to go on a win streak to change opinions. We've been dog shit so far.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 04:46 PM
I get the frustration. But pulling NIL support makes the problem worse for the next coach too if we make a change, and makes it harder for this staff to win. I encourage us all to be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem

I appreciate you for saying this. I don't understand all the cheerleading for this staff.
My next comment is definitely debatable even by me, but they could have promoted an offensive staff member , and kept Arnett at DC and had probably much better results than this. Hindsight and all that though. But again, the admin and alumni pulling these strings is disheartening.

vindastra
10-02-2023, 05:01 PM
I appreciate you for saying this. I don't understand all the cheerleading for this staff.
My next comment is definitely debatable even by me, but they could have promoted an offensive staff member , and kept Arnett at DC and had probably much better results than this. Hindsight and all that though. But again, the admin and alumni pulling these strings is disheartening.

The staff have been universally denounced by everyone here (except "InsiderInformation34"). So, you should take that back.

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 05:03 PM
My next comment is definitely debatable even by me, but they could have promoted an offensive staff member , and kept Arnett at DC and had probably much better results than this. Hindsight and all that thought. But again, the admin and alumni pulling these strings is disheartening.

There was no offensive staff member qualified. Remember Leach was grooming CZA to be a HC, not any of his offensive staff members. Or not to the extent that he saw them being ready for that role yet.

Jarius
10-02-2023, 05:04 PM

Will Rogers sucks

Jarius
10-02-2023, 05:04 PM

Will Rogers sucks

Percho
10-02-2023, 07:15 PM
One man's opinion

We could go out and dig up Knute Rockne, Bear Bryant or Woody Hayes, hire him at beginning of season and would have to fire, before the season is over.

Fans and Players.

Those three coaches would probably kill two or three of these pansy fans and players in a year time.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2023, 08:17 PM

You are blatantly avoiding facts or you are ignorant. This staff lied to some families and players. When you take your shot youd better hit it. We arent. The angst is because we are worse at everything. And I mean everything with a lot of the same players

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2023, 08:20 PM

Passing yards dont count. Especially checkdowns. But running yards per carry in a 40-17 loss do. Got it

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 08:22 PM
You mean like they did so well in the AR system?

Rogers has time to throw as much as any other QB in conf. The other QBs in conf just run around and buy time to throw but we can't do that. When a team blitzes and as QB you don't adjust that is on you not the OL.

Yes. Exactly what they did in the AR. The proof is there for all to see that wants to. 1 sack per 24 passing attempts last year. This year it's 1 in 10. And NO, he does not have as much time.

Run a simple search and find out how long a QB needs for PA passing. He's not getting that at all.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-02-2023, 08:22 PM

Correct. I liked the Air Raid but didn't think we had to run it forever once we made a coaching change. What I am upset about is that the panic hire head coach that was supposedly promoted so that we could keep continuity and then completely blows up an offense that worked and our entire team was recruited to run.

If we were just going to pull a complete 180 we should have gone with a real head coach and not a B list defensive coordinator from within.

Gene34 is too much of a narcissist to admit that this offense that he raved all off season about isn't producing.

All smiles and rainbows. Maine had a lot of talent guys***

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2023, 08:25 PM
There was no offensive staff member qualified. Remember Leach was grooming CZA to be a HC, not any of his offensive staff members. Or not to the extent that he saw them being ready for that role yet.

Really does not matter now. He is the coach and he has royally screw us with his decisions.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 06:36 AM

My favorite part of all the people defending Sylvester Arnett and company are literally just looking at the jerseys and saying ?Aww shucks? we always lose to them. It?s okay.?

It?s such a loser mentality. But not only that it?s straight up ignoring reality.

This Bama team is arguably the worst one Saban has had since his first couple of years. This LSU team defensively is 13th in the SEC in YPG, 13th in PPG, 11th in first downs. USC is 14th in YPG, 11th in PPG, 13th in First Downs.

But yeah it?s just normal LSU and that Carolina team is great.

Arnett was the leader of the defense and now that defense sucks. Please explain to me why should we keep a defensive head coach who?s defense sucks?

But it?s fine. Everyone knows why you?re defending them. Congrats on you getting to hob knob again with the coaching staff.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 07:12 AM

Leach was grooming Arnett? Lol.

You still believe that silly story that was rumored that Leach left a note that says trust Zach? Lol.

msudawg1200
10-03-2023, 07:20 AM
Correct. I liked the Air Raid but didn't think we had to run it forever once we made a coaching change. What I am upset about is that the panic hire head coach that was supposedly promoted so that we could keep continuity and then completely blows up an offense that worked and our entire team was recruited to run.

If we were just going to pull a complete 180 we should have gone with a real head coach and not a B list defensive coordinator from within.

Gene34 is too much of a narcissist to admit that this offense that he raved all off season about isn't producing.

This is the most truthful post I've ever read on this board.

Really Clark?
10-03-2023, 08:26 AM
Leach was grooming Arnett? Lol.

You still believe that silly story that was rumored that Leach left a note that says trust Zach? Lol.

No dingleberry, but I believe what was told to me a year before coach passed away and during the season when coach was sick. And that was from multiple people, including an offensive coach on the staff at the time.

Offshore Dawg
10-03-2023, 08:57 AM
Mississippi State University - The Dollar General of the SEC

this sadly is factually funny.

Political Hack
10-03-2023, 08:58 AM
We traded the air raid offense for the air raid defense... and this is a good thing?

Kentucky and Auburn and A&M are going to absolutely dismantle us. S. Car is the only SEC game we've shown a pulse in. Arkansas is our best chance to win an SEC game this season. Buckle up. It's going to be a long and painful ride this year ending in an absolute lashing by Mr Kiffin.

Is it basketball season yet?

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 08:59 AM
No dingleberry, but I believe what was told to me a year before coach passed away and during the season when coach was sick. And that was from multiple people, including an offensive coach on the staff at the time.

https://media.tenor.com/DozZTQmVXIEAAAAC/oh-sure-john-candy.gif

TrapGame
10-03-2023, 09:03 AM
We traded the air raid offense for the air raid defense... and this is a good thing?

Kentucky and Auburn and A&M are going to absolutely dismantle us. S. Car is the only SEC game we've shown a pulse in. Arkansas is our best chance to win an SEC game this season. Buckle up. It's going to be a long and painful ride this year ending in an absolute lashing by Mr Kiffin.

If Kiffin can lay 70 on us, he will. By the fourth quarter the only fans in DWS will be ole miss fans.

Hopefully that will be enough for Selmon to end this experiment in cluster****ery.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 09:09 AM
If Kiffin can lay 70 on us, he will. By the fourth quarter the only fans in DWS will be ole miss fans.

Hopefully that will be enough for Selmon to end this experiment in cluster****ery.

They will put up 50 bare minimum. This isn't the normal year where we play Ole Miss well no matter the record. They are going to skull drag this team. We will be 4-7 with nothing to play for. Arnett is going to continue trotting Will Rogers out there to the detriment of the team and program and the guys are just going to quit.

I'm thinking 59-24 sounds right. We will move it enough offensively and score some garbage TDs late.

Really Clark?
10-03-2023, 09:14 AM
https://media.tenor.com/DozZTQmVXIEAAAAC/oh-sure-john-candy.gif

Believe what you want, the note thing was some joke from Draft Day that got turned into reality on message boards.

TrapGame
10-03-2023, 09:33 AM
They will put up 50 bare minimum. This isn't the normal year where we play Ole Miss well no matter the record. They are going to skull drag this team. We will be 4-7 with nothing to play for. Arnett is going to continue trotting Will Rogers out there to the detriment of the team and program and the guys are just going to quit.

I'm thinking 59-24 sounds right. We will move it enough offensively and score some garbage TDs late.

Or we have a 2009 scenario. Arnett puts Mike Wright out there in the second half running option with Marks. It looks like a totally different offense. Golding can't stop the option, Marks is a beast and Wright hits some deep passes. This board implodes.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 09:49 AM
Or we have a 2009 scenario. Arnett puts Mike Wright out there in the second half running option with Marks. It looks like a totally different offense. Golding can't stop the option, Marks is a beast and Wright hits some deep passes. This board implodes.

I'll have to see it to believe it that they will actually make the change.

Santiago
10-03-2023, 09:58 AM

If anything Mason Miller was the most ready to keep running the system and modify it. The great thing about running a system that attracts passing QB's and WR's is that if you lose an OC you can replace with the same system OC and not lose recruiting.

Really Clark?
10-03-2023, 10:26 AM
If anything Mason Miller was the most ready to keep running the system and modify it. The great thing about running a system that attracts passing QB's and WR's is that if you lose an OC you can replace with the same system OC and not lose recruiting.

Ah, no he wasn't. There is a reason he had to drop all the way back to FCS to be an OC. Love him as an OL coach for the AR. Maybe in 5 years we will see where he is at. Honestly the only one somewhat qualified was Drew but I would have not promoted from within either.

Coach34
10-03-2023, 10:36 AM

lol- yeah. We should have the Tarleton State OC as our OC. Holy crap

BankerDog
10-03-2023, 10:37 AM

Nah Hack?it?s our best coaching staff since ?97/?98. All is good. Can?t you see us cleaning up the state in recruiting on the defensive side of the ball and flipping kids? Our offense looks GOOD!!**

BankerDog
10-03-2023, 10:39 AM
lol- yeah. We should have the Tarleton State OC as our OC. Holy crap

Should?ve kept him as our OL coach-better than your buddy Will Friend.

HancockCountyDog
10-03-2023, 10:40 AM
I'm intrigued to see what this board looks like if we beat Arkansas.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 10:40 AM

But then Coach wouldn't be able to hob knob with the staff man. That's what matters here.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 10:42 AM
I'm intrigued to see what this board looks like if we beat Arkansas.

We beat them ? lol.

It's at Arkansas and they have a better QB and despite the fact that Pittman sucks, Arnett sucks more. We ain't sniffing a win.

gtowndawg
10-03-2023, 10:43 AM
Gene34 to the rescue

Gene34 - it really is ironic. Laughable.

gtowndawg
10-03-2023, 10:44 AM
But then Coach wouldn't be able to hob knob with the staff man. That's what matters here.

Exactly. Everybody can see that (thankfully) at this point.

TrapGame
10-03-2023, 11:00 AM
We beat them ? lol.

It's at Arkansas and they have a better QB and despite the fact that Pittman sucks, Arnett sucks more. We ain't sniffing a win.

LOL!

You know KJ will break a record on this defense.

Coach34
10-03-2023, 12:03 PM

based on what? How good is he at teaching run blocking- play action style of offense?

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2023, 12:21 PM
based on what? How good is he at teaching run blocking- play action style of offense?

Better than Friend. Our OL is confused on blocking because the OC can not communicate what he wants the OL coach to do or the OL coach SUCKS at implementing it... The proof is in the videos of them pulling in the wrong direction, not blocking... etc

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 12:29 PM
Some of ya'll making me agree with Blacksails. You need to reassess your life. lol

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-03-2023, 12:31 PM
We beat them ? lol.

That Arkansas ML bet is going to be one of the easier bets I've made this year. 4-0 on the dawgs this year, so they're good for something!

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2023, 12:34 PM
Some of ya'll making me agree with Blacksails. You need to reassess your life. lol

LOL! Right is right... right? I mean it's all on video!

Coach34
10-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Better than Friend. Our OL is confused on blocking because the OC can not communicate what he wants the OL coach to do or the OL coach SUCKS at implementing it... The proof is in the videos of them pulling in the wrong direction, not blocking... etc

Or- STAY WITH ME HERE- the linemen may not be very smart and mess up at times. No player is ever coached to pull the wrong way. This isnt Playstation or XBox where the guys go where you guide them. There are thinking, breathing beings out there playing.

All this OL did with Mason is pass block every play. Also, if you remember- they didnt pick up blitzes worth a shit under him when Bama, LSU, and others blitzed us.

2023 Bama- 17 points and 4 sacks
2022 Bama- 6 points and 4 sacks
2021 Bama- 9 points and 7 sacks

2023 LSU- 14 points 4 sacks
2022 LSU- 16 points 4 sacks
2021 Bad LSU Team that got their coach fired- 25 points and 1 sack

Cooterpoot
10-03-2023, 01:00 PM
OL talent is a bigger problem than OL coaching

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2023, 01:04 PM
Or- STAY WITH ME HERE- the linemen may not be very smart and mess up at times. No player is ever coached to pull the wrong way. This isnt Playstation or XBox where the guys go where you guide them. There are thinking, breathing beings out there playing.

All this OL did with Mason is pass block every play. Also, if you remember- they didnt pick up blitzes worth a shit under him when Bama, LSU, and others blitzed us.

You are making my point. Thank you. All you are doing is pointing out what's being said. They are not doing well in this system.

No way around this fact. 1sack out of 24 passing attempts and now 1 out of 10.

Even right now, Wyatt is talking about the poor protection.

confucius say
10-03-2023, 01:10 PM
OL talent is a bigger problem than OL coaching

I think that's true about QB, DL, and the secondary too.

That said, the same OL and QB were better in the AR. I'm fine with switching schemes, but we should have switched QB too. That's a massive fail at the coaching level.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2023, 01:11 PM
That said, the same OL and QB were better in the AR. I'm fine with switching schemes, but we should have switched QB too. That's a massive fail at the coaching level.

Yep. No matter how you look at this, they have done a piss poor job.

EdwardDrayton
10-03-2023, 01:16 PM

You mean like when you call PENGUIN!!! I'm still laughing about that one!!

Coach34
10-03-2023, 01:29 PM
You are making my point. Thank you. All you are doing is pointing out what's being said. They are not doing well in this system.

No way around this fact. 1sack out of 24 passing attempts and now 1 out of 10.

Even right now, Wyatt is talking about the poor protection.

I agree the protection is getting better but needs work still. But the OL is facing more rushers this year as opposed to mostly just 3 last year. It's called "an adjustment period"

Coach34
10-03-2023, 01:31 PM
You mean like when you call PENGUIN!!! I'm still laughing about that one!!

lol- we jumped again this past Friday on it. Kid said he heard the wrong number on his armband. Blows my mind

May have stop wearing armbands and huddle because they struggle to read. I havent huddled since 1990's

Cooterpoot
10-03-2023, 01:45 PM
I think that's true about QB, DL, and the secondary too.

DL isn't terrible, just no depth and scheme issues. LB/DE is horrible. We all know the QB issues. Secondary suffers a lot from no pass rush. It's still not incredible but give them a pass rush and they improve.

confucius say
10-03-2023, 02:24 PM
DL isn't terrible, just no depth and scheme issues. LB/DE is horrible. We all know the QB issues. Secondary suffers a lot from no pass rush. It's still not incredible but give them a pass rush and they improve.

Agree on that last sentence.
But we are 7th in the league in sacks. Better than I would have thought. We're dead last in passes defensed, which is what I would have thought.

ETA: we also lead the league in tackles per game, which means our defense is on the field way too much

Turfdawg67
10-03-2023, 07:54 PM
Lolz... OPost was a waste of my time. Would really like those 45 seconds of my life back. Is this guy really hitching his wagon to this colossal mistake?? I get he's got pride and ego and gave his thumbs up to this joke of a staff... but this is a dying ship and he's lost all cred. "We scored more points against Bama..." blah, blah. We suck and you know it. We had like 7 total yards against LSU in the first half of that game.

SPMT
10-03-2023, 08:51 PM
Lolz... OPost was a waste of my time. Would really like those 45 seconds of my life back. Is this guy really hitching his wagon to this colossal mistake?? I get he's got pride and ego and gave his thumbs up to this joke of a staff... but this is a dying ship and he's lost all cred. "We scored more points against Bama..." blah, blah. We suck and you know it. We had like 7 total yards against LSU in the first half of that game.

I used to agree with most of what he said, however he has proven he can?t put aside his connections/friendships whatever they are.

What you stated is crystal clear.

Schultzy
10-03-2023, 09:07 PM
We need more speed.

dawgday166
10-03-2023, 10:33 PM
I used to agree with most of what he said, however he has proven he can?t put aside his connections/friendships whatever they are.

What you stated is crystal clear.

SMFH .. the reason I gravitated towards this board cause I thought he called it pretty damn square. Now I realize what really drives him is whether or not he has his panties in a wad towards the HC in a sport or their staff for some reason. Whether or not his massive f***cking ego has been offended or not. It damn sure ain't winning/losing or good football/basketball/baseball.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 08:19 AM
SMFH .. the reason I gravitated towards this board cause I thought he called it pretty damn square. Now I realize what really drives him is whether or not he has his panties in a wad towards the HC in a sport or their staff for some reason. Whether or not his massive f***cking ego has been offended or not. It damn sure ain't winning/losing or good football/basketball/baseball.

After Saturday- we'll be averaging more PPG than we did last year. All this buffoonery and BS should at least quiet some until after the UPig performance

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 08:52 AM
After Saturday- we'll be averaging more PPG than we did last year. All this buffoonery and BS should at least quiet some until after the UPig performance

LMAO! "Hey! Shut up people. You will see how great we have it when we beat the hell out of the powerful Western Michigan Whoot whoots!" They have the 101 defense in the nation! 74th offense... Both are better than our, but we all know this will not be a game.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 09:27 AM
LMAO! "Hey! Shut up people. You will see how great we have it when we beat the hell out of the powerful Western Michigan Whoot whoots!" They have the 101 defense in the nation! 74th offense... Both are better than our, but we all know this will not be a game.

Yes- we are much better than them and will beat their ass offensively (who knows what we will do defensively). At the halfway point of our season we will be averaging more PPG than Leach in Y3. We are already seeing an improved offense the last 2 weeks. It will get better and better each week. We put 17 on Bama without Robinson at WR. 6 ypc from the TB's. The offense is getting better

Cooterpoot
10-04-2023, 09:29 AM

We're freaking averaging 20 a game in SEC Play & our defense getting turnovers is the only reason we scored against AZ. So no, we're really not better. But, we do appear to be improving except at QB.

gtowndawg
10-04-2023, 09:57 AM

So we're bragging about how bad we're going to beat a D3 team. But at least we don't have the airbone and those fun SEC wins to deal with!!

Santiago
10-04-2023, 10:04 AM
Yes- we are much better than them and will beat their ass offensively (who knows what we will do defensively). At the halfway point of our season we will be averaging more PPG than Leach in Y3. We are already seeing an improved offense the last 2 weeks. It will get better and better each week. We put 17 on Bama without Robinson at WR. 6 ypc from the TB's. The offense is getting better

Then Aggies, Kentucky, Auburn, and even Arkansas. They are mostly better than Bama defense other than maybe Arkansas.
Ole Miss is going to hang 70.
When have we ever pointed at a weak non conference game as giving us hope???? That right there tells us where our program is at.

We went from winning more top 25 games in a 3 year stretch than any of our previous coaches..... to this.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 10:10 AM
We're freaking averaging 20 a game in SEC Play & our defense getting turnovers is the only reason we scored against AZ. So no, we're really not better. But, we do appear to be improving except at QB.

ok?? We averaged 25 PPG last year. We have 5 SEC games left. UPig has given up 30+ 3 straight weeks with Mississippi and Bama coming up next. Mississippi's D is 10th in the SEC. A&M's is mid-SEC. There are points to be had out there for an improving offense.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 10:12 AM
Then Aggies, Kentucky, Auburn, and even Arkansas. They are mostly better than Bama defense other than maybe Arkansas.

This is not a serious post. Bama is 2nd in the SEC in D.

Santiago
10-04-2023, 10:21 AM

You are basing this on Bama playing us, and ole miss , and saying I do not have a serious post?
Hope you are right, I really do.

But we have just made some serious bad decisions by admin and staff. Perhaps it can work out.
The hell with giving hope to us about a Div 2 game as a positive trend.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 10:27 AM

It's become too damn funny the lengths he is going to protect his friends.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 10:27 AM
You are basing this on Bama playing us, and ole miss , and saying I do not have a serious post?
Hope you are right, I really do.

But we have just made some serious bad decisions by admin and staff. Perhaps it can work out

Did you read what you typed? UM just hung 50+ on LSU and Bama held them to 10. UM lead the SEC in scoring so far. Bama is good defensively

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 10:28 AM
So we're bragging about how bad we're going to beat a D3 team. But at least we don't have the airbone and those fun SEC wins to deal with!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gtowndawg again.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 10:31 AM
ok?? We averaged 25 PPG last year. We have 5 SEC games left. UPig has given up 30+ 3 straight weeks with Mississippi and Bama coming up next. Mississippi's D is 10th in the SEC. A&M's is mid-SEC. There are points to be had out there for an improving offense.

We are not improving. As of yesterday the same issues we had vs SELA, AZ, LSU, USC, and Bama. We had a WR running a wrong route vs Bama. We had OT's still not knowing who to block. Nothing has gotten better.

The footage vs USC showed the issues really well.

Santiago
10-04-2023, 10:33 AM
Did you read what you typed? UM just hung 50+ on LSU and Bama held them to 10. UM lead the SEC in scoring so far. Bama is good defensively

I know, and that is fair to say. Main point is it may be too early to be hanging our hat on scoring on Alabama. Was Bama really even up for us? It looked like they were going through the motions for a while.
LSU is not that good on D.
Ole Miss struggled in games prior to that at times against far less talent. Georgia Tech just sat down their DC.
I think they are good on O, but then they seem to stall against better defenses at times too

Sometimes I wonder if it is Lane calling plays or their Mensa coach. They seem to look different after the first 15 plays.

edit: Bama plays Aggies this week....so to me the game looked like a walk through motions game for them to get over with and start preparing for Aggies

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 10:34 AM

No they are not.

TAMU, Florida, and UGA are all ranked ahead of them.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 10:44 AM
We are not improving. As of yesterday the same issues we had vs SELA, AZ, LSU, USC, and Bama. We had a WR running a wrong route vs Bama. We had OT's still not knowing who to block. Nothing has gotten better.

The footage vs USC showed the issues really well.

Didn't last year the board have a bunch of debates about the offense and the QB struggles and the WR's running wrong routes was a major point that was made? Can't remember if you did or not, just remember that was brought up a good bit to defend last years offense, but now it's an issue with this offense? Maybe it's been a problem left over from the old staff? Not picking on your post, just found the juxtaposition funny that WR's running the wrong routes to defend that offense, 3 years in, and now it's an indictment of this offense in its first season.

The offense had gotten better but it's not close to good yet. The OL was better last week, I know you won't see it but it was. Still too many missed assignments.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 10:44 AM
No they are not.

http://cfbstats.com/2023/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category09/sort01.html

Please learn how to read if you want to debate like an adult

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 10:45 AM
No they are not.

Scoring defense they are 2nd

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 10:48 AM
I know, and that is fair to say. Main point is it may be too early to be hanging our hat on scoring on Alabama. Was Bama really even up for us? It looked like they were going through the motions for a while.
LSU is not that good on D.
Ole Miss struggled in games prior to that at times against far less talent. Georgia Tech just sat down their DC.
I think they are good on O, but then they seem to stall against better defenses at times too

Sometimes I wonder if it is Lane calling plays or their Mensa coach. They seem to look different after the first 15 plays.

edit: Bama plays Aggies this week....so to me the game looked like a walk through motions game for them to get over with and start preparing for Aggies

Oh it very well could be the case, we will see how the season goes. The TAM game is interesting to see how it goes. I wouldn't be surprised if TAM or Bama wins. Bama doesn't have the offense to go into a shoot out

Santiago
10-04-2023, 10:49 AM
Didn't last year the board have a bunch of debates about the offense and the QB struggles and the WR's running wrong routes was a major point that was made? Can't remember if you did or not, just remember that was brought up a good bit to defend last years offense, but now it's an issue with this offense? Maybe it's been a problem left over from the old staff? Not picking on your post, just found the juxtaposition funny that WR's running the wrong routes to defend that offense, 3 years in, and now it's an indictment of this offense in its first season.

The offense had gotten better but it's not close to good yet. The OL was better last week, I know you won't see it but it was. Still too many missed assignments.

We were better against Bama, but I am not sure if Bama really cared in that game.
They had Milroe practicing his passing game to get ready for Aggies. It looked like they were just trying things out with us. It is really hard to hang our hat on that one game, when the previous 4 were awful.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 10:56 AM
http://cfbstats.com/2023/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category09/sort01.html

Please learn how to read if you want to debate like an adult

Please learn to express what your are saying if you want to debate like an adult. Your sentence read this Bama is 2nd in the SEC in D.

The facts is they are not ranked 2nd in DEFENSE. https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/MFB/2024/11/22/19

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 11:02 AM
Scoring defense they are 2nd

And that's not what he said. Their scoring defense is ranked 17th in the nation. And that's very padded with MTSU and south FL. 2 Chump teams that scored a combined 10 points.

MBDawg601
10-04-2023, 11:13 AM
And that's not what he said. Their scoring defense is ranked 17th in the nation. And that's very padded with MTSU and south FL. 2 Chump teams that scored a combined 10 points.

Lol, we are 2nd in the SEC in defense.

MOST Points allowed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 11:16 AM

MOST Points allowed.

LOL!!!!!!

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 11:23 AM

Man, it's usually scoring on the board when people say D and they say total D if they are reference yards. I usually say scoring but that's just how I do it. In todays game especially most on here just care about scoring D and O. It would have taken a sec to see which one he meant. And Georgia hasn't played anyone, doesn't change where they are ranked right now.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 11:24 AM

MOST Points allowed.

Don't know how we aren't first!***

Coach34
10-04-2023, 11:29 AM
Yards arent kept on the scoreboard so scoring is what matters

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 11:43 AM

And remove the cup cakes of south Fl and MTSU and that are allowing 20.333333 points.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 11:52 AM
And remove the cup cakes of south Fl and MTSU and that are allowing 20.333333 points.

Dude, everybody has at least 2 cub cakes 5 games in. Look at Georgia, Kentucky who are ranked 1 and 3. Their schedule has been worse that Bama's. Come on bro

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-04-2023, 12:55 PM

Pretty sure taking a 9-4 team that returned almost everyone and missing a bowl game is what's driving my angst. Kinda like Lemo taking a well oiled machine of a baseball program, inheriting top 15 classes, bringing in his own top 10 classes, and yet missing Hoover is what makes me not like Lemo.

Whatever narrative you've got to spin to support your side is what you'll spew. Facts be damned.

Like "airborne cult"? Dude they're black sails, Bucky, and KB21. That's it for the "cult". The vast majority of this place either A) hated the air raid (which is why you made up a nickname for it) or B) thought there were better overall offenses. Very few people wanted the pure air raid, there is no "cult" here. Now "rtgdfb", THAT is a cult

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 01:06 PM
Pretty sure taking a 9-4 team that returned almost everyone and missing a bowl game is what's driving my angst. Kinda like Lemo taking a well oiled machine of a baseball program, inheriting top 15 classes, bringing in his own top 10 classes, and yet missing Hoover is what makes me not like Lemo.

Whatever narrative you've got to spin to support your side is what you'll spew. Facts be damned.

Like "airborne cult"? Dude they're black sails, Bucky, and KB21. That's it for the "cult". The vast majority of this place either A) hated the air raid (which is why you made up a nickname for it) or B) thought there were better overall offenses. Very few people wanted the pure air raid, there is no "cult" here. Now "rtgdfb", THAT is a cult

You forgot Santiago as well. Lol just messing with you buddy!

I think Bucky is more Will aligned than AR and is more flexible on schemes. Not that he doesn't like AR, just I get the feeling he would be fine with certain other schemes. I could be wrong though.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 01:16 PM

I think the 3-3-5 is also a liability without lockdown CB's which we certainly don't have this year and we have been spoiled with recent past CB's now in NFL. Lack of pressure on the opposing QB also hurts secondary very badly. I have watched replays and we sometimes don't get home adding one or two LB's to the rush (LB lack of speed is also an issue down field). At games, I have sometimes counted 1000-one to even 1000-7 or so while opposing QB scans the field. We are giving up an 85% completion rate or so last three games. You could put 11 of those folding chairs Coach Leach threw down on the field for "D" and many QB's would have trouble completing 85% of their passes.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 01:20 PM

1. That would require us scoring 50 Saturday.

2. We won't average as many points per game this year as we did last year.

3. ZA doesn't get a complete pass on the defense. He coddles guys too much and they aren't responding. Take a lesson from Saban who was crawling tails on the sideline Saturday night. Talent aside, We're soft.

ETA: 4: I do agree the offense is improving and can work here. It's just going to take a talented QB and average OL to be on par with what the AR did without a talented QB and with a bad OL.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 01:42 PM
Dude, everybody has at least 2 cub cakes 5 games in. Look at Georgia, Kentucky who are ranked 1 and 3. Their schedule has been worse that Bama's. Come on bro

Cool. This time last year with cup cakes the Bama scoring defense was ranked 5th in the nation.

confucius say
10-04-2023, 01:42 PM

Fine but we were 5th in the league in scoring points last year. So when we finish at the bottom this year don't start citing yards

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 02:00 PM
Cool. This time last year with cup cakes the Bama scoring defense was ranked 5th in the nation.

Cool. This time last year they had played only 1 ranked team, #25 Texas. This year they have already played the #3 and #16 team who are also the #30 and #6 scoring offenses. Harder schedule this year and still second in the league in scoring defense.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 02:01 PM
Fine but we were 5th in the league in scoring points last year. So when we finish at the bottom this year don't start citing yards

We were 8th in the SEC

http://cfbstats.com/2022/leader/911/team/offense/split01/category09/sort01.html

confucius say
10-04-2023, 02:11 PM
We were 8th in the SEC

http://cfbstats.com/2022/leader/911/team/offense/split01/category09/sort01.html

Yep. Sure were. My bad. 8th at 31.6 ppg.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 02:20 PM
Cool. This time last year they had played only 1 ranked team, #25 Texas. This year they have already played the #3 and #16 team who are also the #30 and #6 scoring offenses. Harder schedule this year and still second in the league in scoring defense.

Nope. Ark was ranked 20th last year. 34th ranked scoring offense. Tx was ranked 24th.

You and I both know this is not the same defense we faced last year.

BTW... They also lost to an Air Raid system.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 02:28 PM
Yep. Sure were. My bad. 8th at 31.6 ppg.

and remember 3 of those per game were defense/ST points...

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 02:31 PM
Nope. Ark was ranked 20th last year. 34th ranked scoring offense. Tx was ranked 24th.

I only pulled up a site that lists rankings at the end. I'm sure you are right. Which is greater? #3 with the 30th ranked offense and #16 with the 6th ranked offense this year or Ark and Texas last year? You know that it's stronger this year and I 100% disagree that this Bama defense is a lot weaker than last year. I think they are on par with last year. You delude yourself all you want want but so far, and the season will tell the whole story, I may end up being wrong, but so far they are on par as lasts years defense with a harder schedule to start the season this year. You can't dispute that Texas and UM, right now are ranked much higher and have better offenses than Tex and Ark this time last season. It would be a disingenuous argument.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 02:31 PM

Texas has run the ball 192 times and thrown 155 passes. All of us except KB would be fine that kind of "Air Raid" system

Santiago
10-04-2023, 02:34 PM
Texas has run the ball 192 times and thrown 155 passes. All of us except KB would be fine that kind of "Air Raid" system

Give me those 5 stars at TX first.
Going to find out by the end of this season if this offense and defense can beat any SEC team at all, compared to the air raid having more upsets in 3 years than any prior coach.
I would love to be wrong and hope so.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 02:51 PM
compared to the air raid having more upsets in 3 years than any prior coach.

Are you sure?

All I see for teams that were ranked in the final poll were 2021 Kentucky, 2021 A&M (only finished ranked in 1 poll- not the other) and none in 2022

So 2 ranked wins- with one being 25 in only 1 poll?

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Give me those 5 stars at TX first.
Going to find out by the end of this season if this offense and defense can beat any SEC team at all, compared to the air raid having more upsets in 3 years than any prior coach.
I would love to be wrong and hope so.

I am seriously concerned that vandy will win an SEC game this year before this "staff" we have.

Really Clark?
10-04-2023, 03:17 PM
Are you sure?

All I see for teams that were ranked in the final poll were 2021 Kentucky, 2021 A&M (only finished ranked in 1 poll- not the other) and none in 2022

Did Tulsa end up ranked after the bowl game? If so that might be another, but can't remember.

Some count the ranking at the time played, not at the end of the year. I never have but can kind of understand why some do that. Some used to only count Mullen's ranked record for the end of the rankings but flipped with Leach counting at the time played which I thought was being hypocritical.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 03:58 PM

First of all, I was not referring to TX. Second, Air Raid does not, nor has it ever required to throw 80%, 75%, 70%....etc. That's your misconception.

Coach34
10-04-2023, 07:40 PM
Did Tulsa end up ranked after the bowl game? If so that might be another, but can't remember.

Some count the ranking at the time played, not at the end of the year. I never have but can kind of understand why some do that. Some used to only count Mullen's ranked record for the end of the rankings but flipped with Leach counting at the time played which I thought was being hypocritical.

No Tulsa did not and yes- that's why I posted that. Got to let the hypocrites know that we are aware

MrCoachKlein
10-04-2023, 08:00 PM
Passing yards dont count. Especially checkdowns. But running yards per carry in a 40-17 loss do. Got it

Hey, at least Will threw his 1st TD pass against Bama. We just put up the most points vs them since 17 and lost by the smallest margin since 17. Our defense blows. If we had last years defense, this O gave us a shot. CZA at least had them not playing afraid.

Carry on.

MrCoachKlein
10-04-2023, 08:02 PM

I'll probably be banned, but I wonder what the school and sec made him do against his will right before?*

Cooterpoot
10-04-2023, 08:07 PM
Hey, at least Will threw his 1st TD pass against Bama. We just put up the most points vs them since 17 and lost by the smallest margin since 17. Our defense blows. If we had last years defense, this O gave us a shot. CZA at least had them not playing afraid.

Carry on.

Defense held them to 9 the second half. Hell, QB gave AL 17.

MrCoachKlein
10-04-2023, 08:18 PM

It's insane. Our D is obviously the issue. The offense is adjusting after 3 years of nothing but dump off passes. Will has had his most pass ypg and highest QBR vs FBS team so far this year. We're also running the ball well. We had a bad half on O vs AZ and were flat against LSU and still almost matched leaches totals outside of pelini. We also had our best O game in 6 yrs vs Bama and put up 30 in a road sec game

Commercecomet24
10-04-2023, 08:45 PM

Yeah the turnovers absolutely destroyed us, especially the one before the end of the first half. That was absolute gut punch. I don?t like to play the hypothetical game but takeaway those 17 points and it?s a different game. Smh

MrCoachKlein
10-04-2023, 08:50 PM

Fair

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2023, 09:15 PM

I have said multiple MULTIPLE times we needed to add to the offense.

My problem is not with the offense or really even defense. My problem is that overall we are just worse at everything. It can get better and I am pulling for it. I like Arnett. But he has been bamboozled by some folks around him

Santiago
10-05-2023, 07:17 AM
Are you sure?

That is per MSU, not me. And if we do not beat them, they do not fall out of a poll. But you know this.
How many do you think we get this year or next?