PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wright

NCMSTFAN
10-01-2023, 07:55 PM
I've seen hundreds of people on multiple social media platforms asking why Mike Wright isn't playing. Robbie Faulk, one of State's bloggers/writers even questioned it. I'm honestly curious what the real reason truly is. Rogers, by far is one of the worst QB's in the SEC right now and the numbers show it. Are our coaches really this ignorant? Promises to Rogers have had to been made because what coach in the SEC would allow this? Wright hasn't even gotten a series to work with. Whats really going on?

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2023, 07:56 PM
Beginning to think there are boosters in control.

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 07:58 PM

That's what I'm thinking too. This coaching staff is an epic shit show.

msstate7
10-01-2023, 08:03 PM
I refuse to think arnett and barbay are intentionally hurting themselves by playing the lesser qb. I think will is the better option. Now when will is having a bad game like last night, I wanna see us give wright a shot

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 08:07 PM
I've seen hundreds of people on multiple social media platforms asking why Mike Wright isn't playing. Robbie Faulk, one of State's bloggers/writers even questioned it. I'm honestly curious what the real reason truly is. Rogers, by far is one of the worst QB's in the SEC right now and the numbers show it. Are our coaches really this ignorant? Promises to Rogers have had to been made because what coach in the SEC would allow this? Wright hasn't even gotten a series to work with. Whats really going on?

bama 2nd & 3rd string QB's have more plays than Wright to date easily. Wright hasn't even gotten a consecutive 3 play series.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 08:09 PM

That may be why Arnett is like a deer in the headlights a little. Would suck real bad to wanna make some changes as HC and your hands are tied.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 08:10 PM
bama 2nd & 3rd string QB's have more plays than Wright to date easily.

Well they benched Milroe for a game to try something different. Then ended up benching the starter for that game to go with the 3rd string the entire second half.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:10 PM
I refuse to think arnett and barbay are intentionally hurting themselves by playing the lesser qb. I think will is the better option. Now when will is having a bad game like last night, I wanna see us give wright a shot

Agree w all of this.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:11 PM
Well they benched Milroe for a game to try something different.

He was suspended.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 08:12 PM

Agree

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 08:12 PM
He was suspended.

That's right suspended. My bad

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 08:15 PM

Not giving Wright the last 6 minutes in the 4th quarter last night is just dumb. Let him run some option and throw it a couple of times.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 08:15 PM
If we keep Will in the majority of what should be a beat down of WMU and don't give Wright or even Parson, (if well), some meaningful snaps, I will be very disappointed.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:17 PM

Omg. You just can't make this shit up. I hope we win soon so the insanity will stop. Because this type of stuff is just beyond ridiculous.

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2023, 08:17 PM

But they're not. It doesn't make any sense, unless ........

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:18 PM

And the fact you agree w him is as ridiculous as his thought. Just crazy man.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2023, 08:19 PM
That may be why Arnett is like a deer in the headlights a little. Would suck real bad to wanna make some changes as HC and your hands are tied.

Well he is well on his way to getting fired, so he might as well do whatever he thinks is best for him getting wins.

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Omg. You just can't make this shit up. I hope we win soon so the insanity will stop. Because this type of stuff is just beyond ridiculous.

Well you can't just make up the alternative either. That he's a complete 17n idiot.

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2023, 08:30 PM

Then you have clowns like Robbie Faulk fanning the flames for reads and clicks.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:38 PM

Now there's a good post. He has about as much of a clue as the majority of boards. Which ain't much.

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 08:40 PM
And the fact you agree w him is as ridiculous as his thought. Just crazy man.

No, it's not that crazy. Arnett will probably do anything Peterson tells him to do.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2023, 08:49 PM
The thing is nobody knows what he can or can't do in this offense because he only goes in for one play at a time. You could see him visibly frustrated being pulled out of the game after handing it off and I don't blame him. At least give him a series. Especially in a game that's out of hand one way or the other. I'm not calling for Will to be benched or run out of Starkville. I just want to see what Wright can do when he's given more than one play in a quarter.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 08:49 PM
No, it's not that crazy. Arnett will probably do anything Peterson tells him to do.

Been to all home games and of course watched SC. I am sad to say that after viewing hundreds of games since my first at age 8 in Memphis in 1963 ( I am now a no hair on top, not a blue hair), that I again fear that no one is again truly in charge on a SEC level. Honestly thought I would ever see this type story again. Thought we were past this and would always win about 7 games a year at worse.

bulldawg28
10-01-2023, 09:02 PM
Will is bad and Wright can no way be worse. Wright has played in the SEC too and brings components that fit this offense. There's some stupid reason Wright isn't playing and it's not because Will gives us the best option to win every game. At this point Will only giving us moments. Any blitz that he sees before or during the play it's over.

Activated Alpha
10-01-2023, 09:04 PM
Been to all home games and of course watched SC. I am sad to say that after viewing hundreds of games since my first at age 8 in Memphis in 1963 ( I am now a no hair on top, not a blue hair), that I again fear that no one is again truly in charge on a SEC level. Honestly thought I would ever see this type story again. Thought we were past this and would always win about 7 games a year at worse.

But a few on this board will tell you otherwise and that everything is under control. We are shite from top to bottom. From head coach to water boy. Our administration made some very bad business decisions and it is clear to see. Just how a few on here advised the board our baseball team was going to suck this past season after watching the first couple of weekends, but were told we didn?t know any better. A state fan can see where a shit train is taking them because of how many times we?ve been down that track

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 09:10 PM
This "offense" not withstanding, when was Will's last victory and well played game against a good SEC team? The Egg and the bowl game last year were not good.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 09:20 PM
Wright will not change the issues of the scheme and ol.

Usce was able to take him down behind the LOS. Etc etc

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 09:29 PM

What does that have to do with the touchdown he scored despite only playing 3 or 4 downs?

CaptainObvious
10-01-2023, 09:32 PM
But a few on this board will tell you otherwise and that everything is under control. We are shite from top to bottom. From head coach to water boy. Our administration made some very bad business decisions and it is clear to see. Just how a few on here advised the board our baseball team was going to suck this past season after watching the first couple of weekends, but were told we didn?t know any better. A state fan can see where a shit train is taking them because of how many times we?ve been down that track

And I?ll be able tell how good or bad our baseball team is again after just a few non-conference games in 2024. But this football team showed its inadequacies immediately in the first half of the Middle Southern Eastern Directional Louisiana School for the Nicholls State Rejects game.

parabrave
10-01-2023, 09:34 PM
This "offense" not withstanding, when was Will's last victory and well played game against a good SEC team? The Egg and the bowl game last year were not good.

And Price was the reason we won the Egg Bowl last year. But if Will is our best chance the the blame lays at someone who didn't recruit a fing QB for 3 years.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 09:38 PM
And I?ll be able tell how good or bad our baseball team is again after just a few non-conference games in 2024. But this football team showed its inadequacies immediately in the first half of the Middle Southern Eastern Directional Louisiana School for the Nicholls State Rejects game.

Yeah, that win reminded me of how we beat LA Tech many years ago and I told my late Dad we wouldn't win another game, the infamous "Tech and Ten".

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 09:41 PM

More of it .... Carry on.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 09:42 PM

Nothing wrong w the scheme. Line was better last night. Will was, well, shit. With that said I think Will is rh w qb. BUT he should have been replaced lsu game and last night.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 09:45 PM
And Price was the reason we won the Egg Bowl last year. But if Will is our best chance the the blame lays at someone who didn't recruit a fing QB for 3 years.

We did recruit about 3 4* Texas QB's under Leach and all watched from the sidelines and transferred out to "lesser" programs and have yet to set the woods on fire. Maybe over rated like many TX players or their time at State stunted their growth.**. Time will tell. Well versed, connected friend of mine, told me last year that when Leach left , it would take three years to rebuild our program from his unique AR system. Even with his tragic passing, I didn't expect this to be year one of a total rebuild.

SPMT
10-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Will is bad and Wright can no way be worse. Wright has played in the SEC too and brings components that fit this offense. There's some stupid reason Wright isn't playing and it's not because Will gives us the best option to win every game. At this point Will only giving us moments. Any blitz that he sees before or during the play it's over.

Wonder if it is related to the fact Will is a senior, they want to give him the opportunity?? I don?t know.

I know this, in the current offense he?s not the answer.

Like many felt, we should?ve kept a staff for continuity, for many reasons. Head coach gets paid more than most, so 17 it, let him figure it out. He?s done though. He?s burned it down and will not be retained after next year at the latest. We should cut him this year and move on. Like him, great guy but is not ready.

If ZA forces a change next few games and finishes out ok (6-6) everyone is ok. Pretty tough to do other than personnel. No way to change a scheme mid year.

Is Brad Peterson ZA?s John Clark?

What is his role?

confucius say
10-01-2023, 09:58 PM

What did he say?

Kingbarkus
10-01-2023, 10:00 PM
We did recruit about 3 4* Texas QB's under Leach and all watched from the sidelines and transferred out to "lesser" programs and have yet to set the woods on fire. Maybe over rated like many TX players or their time at State stunted their growth.**. Time will tell. Well versed, connected friend of mine, told me last year that when Leach left , it would take three years to rebuild our program from his unique AR system. Even with his tragic passing, I didn't expect this to be year one of a total rebuild.That hasn?t been the case with Washington state although I?m not sure how comparable the programs are.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 10:01 PM

Agree. There is something more than "will is so much better than Mike that it makes no sense to even give Mike a series." That's impossible as bad as will looks at times.

But the "boosters are making him do it" narrative is dumb. The most logical reason is he feels he owes Will the starting job and doesn't want to create a controversy.

MagicDawg
10-01-2023, 10:04 PM
Please explain to me -- how can it be that "the boosters are in control?"

Isn't their money already spent? If he makes a decision they don't like, can they take away his car, house, or signed contract? They could decide to take the money so Arnett couldn't renew next year, maybe? But then again, if he went his own way and won while doing so, public opinion would make it very difficult to fire him.

When people say "there must be boosters in control" in some way that prevents the coach from making decisions, what exactly can they do to him NOW, as opposed to next year?

By the way, I'm asking in genuine, honest ignorance. I have no idea how the money works.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 10:09 PM
That hasn?t been the case with Washington state although I?m not sure how comparable the programs are.

Kind of hard to compare. They were pretty bad in 2020 but only played 4 games and went 1-3. Their scoring went from second in the PAC-12 in 2019 to 10th, 7th and 8th the last 3 years and down 10-12 points per game.

chef dixon
10-01-2023, 10:12 PM
Barring injury to Will it ain't happening. If it hasn't happened yet no reason to think it's going to

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 10:14 PM
"Boosters" can be a blessing or a curse. Example: see AU and Yella Wood, (Heck, they sent a plane to Louisville, I think to talk to a possible future coach when they had Tuberville on board), good or bad. They can indeed affect a program on many levels. That said, I have never knowingly met a "Cigar Boy" in my 60 years of life as a State fan. Others probably know the answer you seek.

Tripp McNeely
10-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Wonder if it is related to the fact Will is a senior, they want to give him the opportunity?? I don?t know.

I know this, in the current offense he?s not the answer.

Like many felt, we should?ve kept a staff for continuity, for many reasons. Head coach gets paid more than most, so 17 it, let him figure it out. He?s done though. He?s burned it down and will not be retained after next year at the latest. We should cut him this year and move on. Like him, great guy but is not ready.

If ZA forces a change next few games and finishes out ok (6-6) everyone is ok. Pretty tough to do other than personnel. No way to change a scheme mid year.

Is Brad Peterson ZA?s John Clark?

What is his role?

If he's playing Will when they don't think he gives them the best chance to win, out of some type of "obligation" to the kid...he needs to be fired tomorrow!

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 10:16 PM
42.5 QBR for Will
Amateur Hour coaching just throwing him out there

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 10:21 PM
42.5 QBR for Will
Amateur Hour coaching just throwing him out there

Here is a kind of funny stat, his rating is 79th in country. Right above him at 78th is the Western Kentucky QB running that AR with Hollingshead as OC.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 10:25 PM
I feel like the AR lends itself to a low QBR because so many passes and not stretching the field.

This scheme should lend itself to a high QBR. I think it would with the right qb

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 10:32 PM
I feel like the AR lends itself to a low QBR because so many passes and not stretching the field.

This scheme should lend itself to a high QBR. I think it would with the right qb

Falk, Minshew and Gordon all had QB ratings in the Top 35. Top 20 at times at Wash St. I do think the defensive competition in the SEC limits the ability of the AR to put up the numbers that he did in the PAC-12 and Big 12

CaptainObvious
10-01-2023, 11:01 PM
The big money boosters may be saying keep Will at QB because he is an incredibly loyal record breaking QB who?s records at State and even some in the SEC May never be broken. Loyalty is a 2 way Street. The guys putting the NIL money in Will?s preferred charity may also be saying you keep the modest, giving all-American young man at QB or we pull All funding. Just me theorizing.

SPMT
10-01-2023, 11:14 PM
If he's playing Will when they don't think he gives them the best chance to win, out of some type of "obligation" to the kid...he needs to be fired tomorrow!

I doubt it?s a conscious decision/thought. Most likely subconscious.

NCMSTFAN
10-02-2023, 12:23 PM

It has to be some sort of obligation because why else would Wright not at least get a couple of series? The game was out of hand and Will was stinking it up, at least throw Wright out there to see what he can bring.

ZA better be careful, if you watch the players body language on the sidelines they all look very frustrated and that includes Wright. ZA is close to losing this team completely and I wouldn't be shocked to see a ton of transfers after the season

Maverick91
10-02-2023, 01:35 PM

Can we talk about this? Is he scared he is going to lose his job? Like those boosters are going to walk into the presidents office and demand arnett fired because he played Wright and god forbid we win with him? Like what the heck. Just do it go out swinging if that?s the case, I wouldn?t want to coach under that anyways.