10-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Interesting.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 06:06 PM
We should but.....

msstate7
10-01-2023, 06:07 PM
We roll.

Then arnett's fate is decided by those next 3 games: at ark, at auburn, Kentucky. He needs 2

msstate7
10-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Bama -3.5 at aTm

I might take aTm

Commercecomet24
10-01-2023, 06:09 PM
We roll.

Then arnett's fate is decided by those next 3 games: at ark, at auburn, Kentucky. He needs 2

Yep.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 06:11 PM
We roll.

I agree. And I have a hard time seeing 6 wins if we don't win at least 2 of those.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 06:13 PM
We roll.

Per 247, CZA will be retained for another year.

So, No dollars from me in NIL

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 06:16 PM

They full of shit 3/4 of the time. About as bad of reporting as can be done.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 06:18 PM
Bama -3.5 at aTm

I might take aTm

I think that might be a good bet.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 06:20 PM

Today that's true. Let the season play out though.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 06:29 PM

Why?

BeardoMSU
10-01-2023, 06:38 PM
We roll.

I obviously WANT to believe, but I see us 0-3 in those games. I've seen nothing to say otherwise. Maybe Ark will have quit by then, but that still might not matter...

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2023, 06:46 PM
Hard to see a W in those three games.

And I believe we cover next week but when I took out my buddy Ben Franklin, he reached up, grabbed my hand and quietly shook his head.

msstate7
10-01-2023, 06:46 PM
I obviously WANT to believe, but I see us 0-3 in those games. I've seen nothing to say otherwise. Maybe Ark will have quit by then, but that still might not matter...

I have no confidence, but I'm pulling for our foul mouth coach. Even though I really hated hiring him, I like him... I just think it shoulda been a real search

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Thought y'all meant attendance

BuckyIsAB****
10-01-2023, 06:51 PM
We roll.

We can still go 8-4 is what nobody wants to hear

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 06:52 PM

The way we treat football, it's a waste anyway. There's no way he's retained if he loses every SEC game. Just not possible. If it is, then fire everybody associated with the program.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2023, 06:54 PM

They have zero information on that. But that's what will probably happen so they'll say they were correct. Easy guess.

KOdawg1
10-01-2023, 06:54 PM

There's a better chance of making a snowman in the Sahara desert than there is this team winning 8 games

KOdawg1
10-01-2023, 06:56 PM

247 doesn't know jack.

Steve was halfway reliable when Cohen was AD. He has no clue now.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2023, 06:56 PM
The way we treat football, it's a waste anyway. There's no way he's retained if he loses every SEC game. Just not possible. If it is, then fire everybody associated with the program.

Agree

msstate7
10-01-2023, 07:01 PM

My man, bucky is loaded haha

I'll be thrilled with 6-6

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2023, 07:03 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/4y4ncR6n/IMG-5384.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 07:04 PM

Bucky, inquiring minds need to know ... what planet do you come from? Still getting acclimated to Earth are you? **

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 07:05 PM

That's gotta be Steve putting out something just so he can say "Well, things changed quickly after the back half of the season played out." He's covering both sides just like he always does.

Going 0-8 in the SEC is no longer acceptable. That's Croom level dysfunction. This is worse than accepting mediocre, that's accepting abject failure.

Coursesuper
10-01-2023, 07:08 PM

247 is total bullshit propaganda.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 07:11 PM
247 nailed lemonis being retained before anybody else. Fwiw

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 07:14 PM

Ok but that was probably right around the time the decision would be made I'm betting (I wasn't following it tho). There is too much that can happen between now and end of year to definitively say that about ZA right now IMO.

ETA: Of course I have nowheres near insider info but the world of CFB these days is like a woman ... can change her mind with no advance warning LOL

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 07:19 PM

I don't know if they did but I know the ones on here with baseball inside knowledge were saying he would be retained. It does make more sense giving the coach with a national title already in his pocket another year.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 07:23 PM
People need to stop comparing baseball and football

EdwardDrayton
10-01-2023, 07:26 PM
People need to stop comparing baseball and football

Yeah. Otherwise I'll be forced to decide which one's been worse. Oy vey.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2023, 07:30 PM

Lol. That was another easy guess. The dude just won our first ever Natty. While many wanted him canned, no rational person thought he would get fired. Cutting edge reporting they got going on over there.

CaptainObvious
10-01-2023, 07:33 PM
I have no confidence, but I'm pulling for our foul mouth coach. Even though I really hated hiring him, I like him... I just think it shoulda been a real search

See! If we would have gone ahead and hired Hugh Freeze last December you wouldn?t have to worry about a fool mouth red neck coach. Them boys would be in church 3 times a week, Bible study twice a day and perfect gentlemen on the football field!

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 07:35 PM
See! If we would have gone ahead and hired Hugh Freeze last December you wouldn?t have to worry about a fool mouth red neck coach. Them boys would be in church 3 times a week, Bible study twice a day and perfect gentlemen on the football field!

LOL ... and in the hoe house in the offseason. But that's ok ... just talk about Jesus a lot and don't drop F bombs to the media ****

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 07:36 PM

You forgot he would have them setup in the brothels on their off nights.

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 07:52 PM
You forgot he would have them setup in the brothels on their off nights.

They aren't brothels. They are homes for wayward girls. Brother Hugh ministers to them twice a week.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 07:58 PM
They aren't brothels. They are homes for wayward girls. Brother Hugh ministers to them twice a week.

Good point! Lol

Coach34
10-01-2023, 08:03 PM

There were people here saying he wouldnt be fired- including myself. We werent paying millions to fire a baseball staff

Coach34
10-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Ok but that was probably right around the time the decision would be made I'm betting (I wasn't following it tho). There is too much that can happen between now and end of year to definitively say that about ZA right now IMO.

ETA: Of course I have nowheres near insider info but the world of CFB these days is like a woman ... can change her mind with no advance warning LOL

We arent firing Arnett after 1 season. Not gonna happen

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 08:06 PM
We arent firing Arnett after 1 season. Not gonna happen

LOL. We weren't firing JoMo after 2 seasons and 2 wins against OM. And the Pirate was never gonna come to Starkville.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 08:17 PM
Interesting.

When we get 22 points up, can Wright play more than two consecutive plays?***

BeardoMSU
10-01-2023, 08:22 PM

If we make a change at QB. No offense.

ETA: and a lot of other stuff. At this point, I'll be surprised with 6-6.

Coach34
10-01-2023, 08:26 PM
LOL. We weren't firing JoMo after 2 seasons and 2 wins against OM. And the Pirate was never gonna come to Starkville.

I never said we werent firing JoMo- I completely said it was possible. The piss and the miss saved his ass but I absolutely never thought we would be crazy enough to hire Leach. Yet here we are

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 08:28 PM

Our contributions are a family centered activity with decisions made by all since the passing of my late Dad. We have agreed for me to check if we are paying above our minimum Bulldog Club contribution to retain our 8 season tickets. If so, we will lower our substantial contribution for the 2024 year. 8 to 12 tickets for over 50 years and this is bad and not even entertaining to watch. Told my MSU grad school son it would be easy to get out of the parking lot and back to his apartment, if we stayed the entire game. Was sad to see it was a few die hard State fans and far too many bama fans even in section 4 at the end.

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 08:28 PM
The offense will look like a well oiled machine this weekend. We ought to sit Marks though.

Goldendawg
10-01-2023, 08:37 PM

Saw the picture of the Rev baptizing one of his AU players last week in what appeared to be an outside setting. Anyone else notice the two questionably dressed young ladies on the bank waiting to get him out of his wet clothes?*****. Asking for a friend.*****

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Saw the picture of the Rev baptizing one of his AU players last week in what appeared to be an outside setting. Anyone else notice the two questionably dressed young ladies on the bank waiting to get him out of his wet clothes?*****. Asking for a friend.*****

Speaking of Freeze, wasn't there a rumor that they offered Will a sweet NIL deal that he balked on? Commitments and all.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 10:12 PM
There were people here saying he wouldnt be fired- including myself. We werent paying millions to fire a baseball staff

I know. But Steve said it first, to his credit. Maybe he was strictly guessing, I have no clue.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Speaking of Freeze, wasn't there a rumor that they offered Will a sweet NIL deal that he balked on? Commitments and all.

They did.

confucius say
10-01-2023, 10:15 PM
If the team quits and we go 3-9, arnett has to be fired.

4-8, we will see.

5-7 probably buys him another year.

Coach34
10-01-2023, 10:29 PM
If the team quits and we go 3-9, arnett has to be fired.

4-8, we will see.

5-7 probably buys him another year.

Southern miss couldn’t beat us if we spotted them a 14 point lead. Arnett will be the coach in 2024.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 11:16 PM

Our defense is going to have to get a LOT better for that to happen.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 11:17 PM
They have zero information on that. But that's what will probably happen so they'll say they were correct. Easy guess.

Yep. Covering their ass.

If someone told me today that Arnett was going to be fired I wouldn't believe them even if it was Selmon and Keenum telling it to my face.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 11:21 PM

Yeah. Normally I would agree with Coach on that but Arnett was hired in an exceptional situation to say the least. So- 4-8 probably means he's fired and I think the outcome of the Egg Bowl is going to determine a lot.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 11:28 PM
I don't know if they did but I know the ones on here with baseball inside knowledge were saying he would be retained. It does make more sense giving the coach with a national title already in his pocket another year.

This is true.

But I will say IF we had a complete meltdown in baseball it wouldn't have been completely off the table. Beating LSU and the team still playing hard at the end of the year along with firing Foxhall bought him another year.

The same thing here with football- our boosters are measured. Which is a good thing. They'll let the season play out which is the absolute correct thing to do. Heck- Bucky might be right and we end up at 8-4 for all we know. Maybe we do end up 6-6. Maybe we end up 4-8. Everything is still on the table at this point.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 11:29 PM
Yeah. Normally I would agree with Coach on that but Arnett was hired in an exceptional situation to say the least. So- 4-8 probably means he's fired and I think the outcome of the Egg Bowl is going to determine a lot.

I agree on 4-8. I think it's up in the air then. I think he's kept at 5-7 and definitely kept at 6-6.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 11:37 PM
I agree on 4-8. I think it's up in the air then. I think he's kept at 5-7 and definitely kept at 6-6.

It also depends on who he beats too. 5-7 with an Egg Bowl win? I think we give another year with new coordinators. Similar to Dan in 2016 after he fired Sirmon. 5-7 with the SEC win over Arkansas? Eh...maybe not.

If we do bring Arnett back I'm fairly sure we're going to have new coordinators. Probably with significantly more experience.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2023, 04:28 AM
It also depends on who he beats too. 5-7 with an Egg Bowl win? I think we give another year with new coordinators. Similar to Dan in 2016 after he fired Sirmon. 5-7 with the SEC win over Arkansas? Eh...maybe not.

If we do bring Arnett back I'm fairly sure we're going to have new coordinators. Probably with significantly more experience.

Nope. Some of us got exactly what we wanted with 2 good ol boys following Arnett around all game. No excuses. We wanted to get tougher and more physical by getting rid of every trace of one of the toughest coaches of all time

Todd4State
10-02-2023, 06:37 AM
Nope. Some of us got exactly what we wanted with 2 good ol boys following Arnett around all game. No excuses. We wanted to get tougher and more physical by getting rid of every trace of one of the toughest coaches of all time

How sad. Not surprising though.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 07:26 AM
Southern miss couldn’t beat us if we spotted them a 14 point lead. Arnett will be the coach in 2024.

I agree. So He has 4 wins guaranteed. That's why 3-9 would be an automatic firing.
4-8 makes it hard to keep him though. That's realistically as bad as you can possibly do. He would have achieved the absolute floor.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 07:28 AM

This isn't talked about enough. I know a lot of it is personnel, but we are not tough. We have guys on our back end (Ellington) who don't like contact.

ZA is soft on players. Stop holding their hand treating them like 3rd graders. Our toughness culture has gone to crap. Not JoMo level yet, but trending that way.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2023, 11:52 AM

I'm not sure who doesn't want to hear that. It is a message board. People are frustrated.

If we win in Fayetteville, things will get better here quickly.

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-02-2023, 11:54 AM
So far state is 1-4 against the spread. Probably a good idea to keep riding that train the rest of the way out.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2023, 02:46 PM
I was just texted this and apparently it is true.

When Western Michigan played at Toledo, they were a 22 point underdog.

They are currently a 20.5 point underdog to us right now.

That is depressing.

RezDog7
10-02-2023, 05:00 PM

Did one of our fans commit murder or something? Last I checked, Leach passed away from a heart attack. What's this talk of "getting rid of Leach"

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2023, 11:01 PM
Did one of our fans commit murder or something? Last I checked, Leach passed away from a heart attack. What's this talk of "getting rid of Leach"

You are smart enough to figure what I am saying out. If you think I am saying anyone wanted Leach to pass idk how to help you.

dawgday166
10-02-2023, 11:10 PM
This isn't talked about enough. I know a lot of it is personnel, but we are not tough. We have guys on our back end (Ellington) who don't like contact.

ZA is soft on players. Stop holding their hand treating them like 3rd graders. Our toughness culture has gone to crap. Not JoMo level yet, but trending that way.

JoMo inherited a tough team and they mostly sustained that for 1 year (at least the D did with Shoop). Year 2 is when it became very noticeable. So I would say it's actually worse than JoMo cause this year ... it's very noticeable.

SPMT
10-03-2023, 07:40 AM
JoMo inherited a tough team and they mostly sustained that for 1 year (at least the D did with Shoop). Year 2 is when it became very noticeable. So I would say it's actually worse than JoMo cause this year ... it's very noticeable.

Agree

Matt3467
10-03-2023, 08:06 AM
Southern miss couldn?t beat us if we spotted them a 14 point lead. Arnett will be the coach in 2024.

I wouldn't go that far. Our pass D is historically bad. It may look like they have Brett Favre back there when we play.

TrapGame
10-03-2023, 08:18 AM

Yep, year 2 K State come into Starkville in early September heat and beat our dicks in the dirt. We looked slow and weak which is exactly what we look like now.

CoachT14
10-03-2023, 09:33 AM
There's a better chance of making a snowman in the Sahara desert than there is this team winning 8 games

We are more likely to win 3 games than we are 8 at this point. Meaning neither are happening.

Homedawg
10-03-2023, 12:40 PM

He was offered a deal from auburn. Not a rumor

Cooterpoot
10-03-2023, 12:58 PM
I'm not a Will hater, but everyone knows he has limitations. Our OC wanted Wright but refuses to play him and we're mid-season with a QB that's just struggling. At some point somethings got to give.

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2023, 01:21 PM

I don?t care what they are or what is going on, their team looks better than ours and kind of looks exactly what I expected our team to look like this year.

Really Clark?
10-03-2023, 01:28 PM
I don?t care what they are or what is going on, their team looks better than ours and kind of looks exactly what I expected our team to look like this year.

Honestly, they look worse than I expected offensively until last week. And turnovers and running the ball was what kept them in that game. I expected us to look better than we do and better than they have been. Did you watch the California and TAM games? 10-17 for 94 yards passing and 9-23 for 56 vs TAM. Their defense is about what I thought.

TrapGame
10-03-2023, 02:08 PM

That's because Hugh Freeze is a seasoned head coach with previous SEC experience. The entire Brain Trust around Arnett can't hold a candle to what Freeze has done.

TALL DAWG
10-06-2023, 04:52 PM
And, if Cal?s kicker would?ve made 2 of 3 kicks he missed, Burn wouldn?t have won. Actually, they shouldn?t have won it.

Schultzy
10-07-2023, 12:28 PM
A&M, FLA, Georgia. OVER in UGA/UK, OM

3-2 this week

14-9 this yr ATS