PDA

View Full Version : That was the most piss poor performance I've ever seen from State off the field.

Tater
10-01-2023, 12:52 PM
The entire night, the audio was de-synced. Maybe I was too raged out in the LSU game, but good gracious it was noticeable.

How you can't fix that ALL GAME is beyond me. That's a clown show of epic proportions. It's actually some of the most embarrassing stuff that I've seen.

Too much ****ing pom poms on the West side. My solution here is if you're gonna sell season tickets, lock them down and block them from after market transfer. If you wanna sell, only sell to a @msstate.edu email. Get something set up to where the HOME side is the HOME side. Even if you sacrifice profit "now", fostering the right great atmosphere gets you what South Carolina has at home after two losses. I'd much rather be miserable with my peers than have to see an LSU/Bama fan sitting next to me.

Matter of fact, make event staff on that side stop anyone wearing opposing insignia from entering. Direct them to the east side only. It's high time we start treating ourselves as State first instead of SEC first.

The commercials, my god the commercials. Thank God we had multiview going on Youtube TV for tailgating in the morning. But it's time for the SEC to put their foot down with ESPN like the NFL did a few years ago. Chuck Woolery used to always say back in 2 and 2. Because the AVERAGE commercial break was 2:02. Now we get 3:25 after a score. A kickoff out the endzone. Then 3:25 more. It's an absolute joke and makes it miserably disruptive to the flow of the game. It will kill college football attendance even more. So our admin needs to combat it in some way if the SEC doesn't.

You've got to get more engagement out of the crowd. It's bad when Dolla Bill's Grandma is the highlight of your entertainment by far. Every commercial break should aspire to be that fan engaging and exciting. Pro teams have scripted entertainment that every so often you'll see go viral. College football is literally pro sports with the NIL business now, time for us to act like it. You've got tons of theater kid types on campus who would love to be part of a scripted showing on the big screen... you telling me you can't come up with a couple of skits w/ Bully and such. Add in the Kiss Cam, some fan attempts some kinda something on the field for $X dollars, a wacky 3 car race, a hidden ball showing, highlighting a 3 minute song from
the band with singalong lyrics... there's plenty of ideas to draw from to cover the 12ish 3+ minute breaks a game. Do better. And assess what falls flat and try something else.

Pick a new song to run out to or time it better. Matter of fact, why don't we just run out to the SNL skit right as he says I need more Cowbell? Cmon it's right there.

I could probably bitch more about concession prices and empty seats and ways to fix that, but this is just quickly my thoughts. I don't feel like giving us another what's wrong with the team thread because everyone on here myself included knows exactly how to fix it perfectly and it's so simple why are the coaches dumb and don't listen to me, unpaid message board warrior with an engineering degree and football experience that ended when he graduated high school. So I'm going to bitch about things I do know and things that better get fixed by the end of the year or some people need to be replaced.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2023, 01:31 PM
The walk out song, SUCKS. and the shitty Garage door thing. Dumb. The flashing lights in the hallway, looks like a someone is going to have a seizure.

CaptainObvious
10-01-2023, 01:47 PM
After the last 3 weeks, our Walking M*A*S*H unit needs to lead the Team onto the field on their crutches to the Tune of ?When Johnny Comes Marching Home?!! The defense need to wear the Michelin Man or the Marshmallow Man costume on the field. We have had female cheerleaders doing stunts wearing full length knee and leg braces. Why can?t out slightly injured players go out there and tough it out.

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2023, 01:51 PM
Attendance has gotten so pitiful, I think the school could use your idea in the future. The school can sell general admission tickets for upper and lowers. If you are a State fan, go in the west side gate. You are here for the other team, east side gate. Only problem is, how do you get Bulldog club seat fees out of the west side.

Also 4 guys next to me last night, were in town for a job. They were just there to kill time watching a game. Guy said his boss gave them the tickets. So we are at a point that Alabama game tickets are given away.

But back to the product, I've noticed this year the scores on the ribbon boards are hours behind the actual games. Hank Flick without tv and the internet gave us more current info in the 1980s.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 02:09 PM
After the last 3 weeks, our Walking M*A*S*H unit needs to lead the Team onto the field on their crutches to the Tune of ?When Johnny Comes Marching Home?!! The defense need to wear the Michelin Man or the Marshmallow Man costume on the field. We have had female cheerleaders doing stunts wearing full length knee and leg braces. Why can?t out slightly injured players go out there and tough it out.

Slightly injured players? Care to name one or just talking out of your butt? JRob was begging to play all week with a leg injury. Woody was constantly getting treatment and coming back in until they stopped it. Dink and Williams do not have slight injuries. So who are you calling out?

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 02:10 PM
Well just a few thoughts.

I am sick of visiting teams taking over our stadium. LSU was because we sucked it up. Bama was people selling off their tickets. The entire east side was Bama.

Had a very obnoxious Bama fan in my section on West side. He bout his but kicked by an angry MSU fan (not me) but his girlfriend saved him. Bama fans are weak fans. The most arrogant that ever existed.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2023, 02:23 PM
The walk out song, SUCKS. and the shitty Garage door thing. Dumb. The flashing lights in the hallway, looks like a someone is going to have a seizure.

What is the entrance song these days? Haven't been to a game in years.

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 02:28 PM
The air drop parachuters pregame was awesome. Worth the price of admission.

Don't disagree on needing some changes to pregame. I'd like to see some rotating stuff so people don't know what to expect. I got to say I was looking at the time for something in the sky but never expected the air drop like what we got. Who has done anything that good this year? Details please.

Ranchdawg
10-01-2023, 02:38 PM
At least we don?t have a screeching cock blaring every damn minute. And yes there needs to be something to correct bunches and I do mean bunches of visiting team fans sitting on the home side everywhere. Also I?m very glad we have cowbells its so gooberish for guys to shake Pom poms aka Bama Au

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 04:46 PM
At least we don?t have a screeching cock blaring every damn minute. And yes there needs to be something to correct bunches and I do mean bunches of visiting team fans sitting on the home side everywhere. Also I?m very glad we have cowbells its so gooberish for guys to shake Pom poms aka Bama Au

Ha agree on the cowbells. Cowbells are cool. Fans are in the game because of cowbells. They are such a force in game day atmosphere.

Other fans hate them too which is great.

On a different note, what is with the security police of the walking area near the field from the stands? Used to be able to walk down at end of games and stand, watch etc. I even got A.Dixion once to sign my cowbell. Not any more. Iwas walking down late in 4th quarter when security ambushed my while I was reading the Bully mascot memorial at the 50. Kinda pissed me off for them to treat an alumni and fan like a terrorist on my home field. I'd like to know what the big deal is and who changed it? Makes me not want to come back.

Tater
10-02-2023, 01:45 PM

If that got us hyped and kept the fanbase engaged then I'm all for it. South Carolina has a great atmosphere. Their fans didn't quit.

Selmon needs to show something here for gameday atmosphere otherwise OU is gonna pass him over when they look for their next AD.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 02:25 PM
If State wants people to give money and go to games, they need to give us a real damn football program and invest in football. The fans are so damn sick of the good ole boy, blue collar network bullshit killing us & they're choosing to say 17 it. The junction is full of people every game, and season ticket sales look good, so the admins don't care.