PDA

View Full Version : Alright, there is just one take for this week

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2023, 12:10 AM
What the Flying 17 is going on with our defense?
We cannot stop the run.
We cannot guard anyone against the pass.
We cannot get even simple pressure with our DL.
We cannot spy a qb.
We don?t cover RBs or TEs.
There is nothing we do well. Not a single FN thing.

We will not beat a single SEC team giving up 90% completion percentages going on 3 weeks now. And yes I am counting Arizona too, so that is 4, as that QB did everything he wanted and still almost beat us with 5 turnovers.

It makes me long for Peter Sirmon. That is how bad this is. I have never, in my life seen a defense give up 90% passing for three games straight. The simple fact that we do not have a pass rush without blitzing is my number 1 issue. Leaves the entire middle of the field basically wide open because our safeties are too far back. Which they have to be because they are slow on top of everything else.

That is all. We maybe the worst pass defense team in the nation. We may have the worst DL in the entire nation on all levels.

Offense doesn?t mater if we allow every team to gain yards at Will on the ground and let them complete 90% of their passes. Sorry 90%+.

I don?t care if our DBs get burned every single time, they have to start playing man to man with a bracket FS over the top.

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2023, 12:14 AM
Small and slow DL. Small and slow DB. Have size a LB but no speed. Poor coaching. All the above is the problem.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 12:19 AM
Well we are down several players on DL so we played younger guys and ran 2-4-5 a good bit. That's a tough job against a Bama OL. Actually was encouraged at times against the run and some pressure. But when he don't get home, our back end is really struggling still.

parabrave
10-01-2023, 12:22 AM
Missing most of the DL. And people still don't realize how much Forbes and Wheat meant to us. But the D didn't give up 14 fing points due to turnovers.

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 12:36 AM
The DL is too heavy. We aren't special there, so you have to do something and losing some mass could help. Our LBs aren't getting any help from younger guys with more speed because they don't play much, or don't play at all when it counts. Our secondary couldn't cover even if they had two extra corners with them on every down. That's got to be coaching. There's no other explanation. No one is that bad at any level. The difference Forbes made was due to his instincts and innate knack for the job. He would have been the same type player had I coached him.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 01:24 AM
We always have at least one "IT" guy on defense. Do we have one this year? Bookie? Pickering? Nope...