PDA

View Full Version : I;m so sick of this.

paverdog
09-30-2023, 10:58 PM
How many games are we going to see Rogers trot out there and not giving the team a chance to win. People it's time to make a change in qb, why don;t our coaches see this. What is the reason, is mind bottling to me. Wright is mad and I don;t blame the young man, He has grit and not scared to get hit and seems the team is really behind him.

chef dixon
09-30-2023, 11:00 PM
It's mind boggling

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 11:03 PM
How many games are we going to see Rogers trot out there and not giving the team a chance to win. People it's time to make a change in qb, why don;t our coaches see this. What is the reason, is mind bottling to me. Wright is mad and I don;t blame the young man, He has grit and not scared to get hit and seems the team is really behind him.

Wright would not have made this game any better. Rogers is the only reason we were competing vs USCe.

Went through this in the Wyatt thread. It's clear the ol can not block in the 11 and 12 personnel that the OC is forcing.

paverdog
09-30-2023, 11:04 PM
It's mind boggling

I'm so sick of this , I can't spell tonight, just wasting the season with him, point blank.

Maverick91
09-30-2023, 11:24 PM
Wright would not have made this game any better. Rogers is the only reason we were competing vs USCe.

Went through this in the Wyatt thread. It's clear the ol can not block in the 11 and 12 personnel that the OC is forcing.

You have got to be kidding me? I get that Wright could have been as bad as Will but his Ceiling is a lot higher than Will forget the stupid formation crap you continue to bring up. That doesn’t fox Wills inability to play in big games. He has only played well ONCE that was Auburn 2021. Stop bringing up this 11 and 12 personnel crap, that didn’t make him throw those picks, that didn’t make him chose to get sacked, that didn’t make him throw inaccurate passes and not see wide open receivers. That game is on Will we were in it, plays were called and he didn’t deliver.

Homedawg
09-30-2023, 11:28 PM
You have got to be kidding me? I get that Wright could have been as bad as Will but his Ceiling is a lot higher than Will forget the stupid formation crap you continue to bring up. That doesn’t fox Wills inability to play in big games. He has only played well ONCE that was Auburn 2021. Stop bringing up this 11 and 12 personnel crap, that didn’t make him throw those picks, that didn’t make him chose to get sacked, that didn’t make him throw inaccurate passes and not see wide open receivers. That game is on Will we were in it, plays were called and he didn’t deliver.

While I wont argue that Will was good, had it ever crossed your mind that we can't move the ball in practice w Mike Wright? Meaning w a defense we would see? Just asking

paverdog
09-30-2023, 11:35 PM
While I wont argue that Will was good, had it ever crossed your mind that we can't move the ball in practice w Mike Wright? Meaning w a defense we would see? Just asking

Well, it looks like to me from the little time Wright is in there against other teams, he moves the ball better than Rogers and seems the team is more pumped up/

Maverick91
09-30-2023, 11:36 PM

It has and that is very likely. But it’s also obvious that Wright can do stuff in the game, let him play more than 1 play at a time.

TrapGame
09-30-2023, 11:40 PM
Well, it looks like to me from the little time Wright is in there against other teams, he moves the ball better than Rogers and seems the team is more pumped up/

If Barbay wants to play Wright more, but Arnett is caving to the Mississippi First crowd in his ranks and telling him no, he needs to be fired. He's in way over his head.

Bothrops
09-30-2023, 11:53 PM
Will should make the decision for them and ask to give Mike a chance to lead the offense in game week practice. We are, without question, the dumbest program in P5 football, but there's no need to prove it every week! Who else is left to prove? We are so irrelevant right now you can't even make a joke about us. Until I'm convinced otherwise, I'm under the impression that this is what we want.

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2023, 11:54 PM
If Barbay wants to play Wright more, but Arnett is caving to the Mississippi First crowd in his ranks and telling him no, he needs to be fired. He's in way over his head.

He needs to be fired anyways.

chef dixon
10-01-2023, 07:31 AM

On the other hand, what do you gain by not trying something different? He's losing a lot of even hardcore fans

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 09:10 AM
He needs to be fired anyways.

Yeah, I can't argue with that.

msstate7
10-01-2023, 09:19 AM

I don't think our coaches are intentionally sabotaging us by playing the worse of the 2 qbs. With that said, when a game is a blow out like last night, and your starter is having a horrible game, it doesn't make sense to me to not use the backup once the game was out of hand. I thought we missed a chance to see what the backup's different style could bring to a game.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 09:22 AM
Delete ... Decided to post in another thread.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 10:15 AM
I don't think our coaches are intentionally sabotaging us by playing the worse of the 2 qbs. With that said, when a game is a blow out like last night, and your starter is having a horrible game, it doesn't make sense to me to not use the backup once the game was out of hand. I thought we missed a chance to see what the backup's different style could bring to a game.

I agree. I'm still for Will giving us the best chance to win, if he is playing well. But Wright would have gotten most of the second half vs LSU and last night for me. You can say you didn't want to start a QB controversy, especially during the LSU game but the controversy is already there and Will was horrid that game. I could have even lived with the tipped pass pick 6 last night, those things happen but I don't know where he was throwing that 2nd pick. And I didn't mind trying to push the ball downfield in a 2 min drill there. We have complained for years when our coaches took a knee before a half with plenty of time left to try and salvage a score.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 10:18 AM
I agree. I'm still for Will giving us the best chance to win, if he is playing well. But Wright would have gotten most of the second half vs LSU and last night for me. You can say you didn't want to start a QB controversy, especially during the LSU game but the controversy is already there and Will was horrid that game. I could have even lived with the tipped pass pick 6 last night, those things happen but I don't know where he was throwing that 2nd pick. And I didn't mind trying to push the ball downfield in a 2 min drill there. We have complained for years when our coaches took a knee before a half with plenty of time left to try and salvage a score.

That's where I was too until the 2nd pick.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 10:29 AM

He hasn't even thrown a pass and there is a reason for that.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 10:30 AM

Not if you are trying to build this team around the 11 and 12 personnel. The starters need as many reps as they can get in it.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 10:34 AM

Well he hasn't thrown but 1 pass...for a TD at that. And I have been and still say Will playing well is our best chance. No question. I would have also played Wright a lot more and let him run the complete offense the second half vs LSU and at least from late 3rd quarter on last night. At some point in the blowouts you need to make a change if QB1 is struggling. At the very least it might settle the fans if he doesn't do any better and if he does, it might give the coaches more confidence to utilize him more when the offense stagnates.

Dawgology
10-01-2023, 10:38 AM

I guess he was able to complete passes at Vanderbilt due to their better offensive scheme and highly rated wide receivers**

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 10:46 AM
I agree. I'm still for Will giving us the best chance to win, if he is playing well.

No. Wright can do everything better. His mistakes simply aren't going to be as costly. The biggest plus is he isn't scared.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 10:58 AM
No. Wright can do everything better. His mistakes simply aren't going to be as costly. The biggest plus is he isn't scared.

No he really can't do everything better, if Will is throwing well. But if Will is not, then I agree Mike is as good or better option. When Will is off, I would have made the change to see if Mike had a hot hand on that night. He is a streaky thrower but at least he can make chunk plays with his legs.

defiantdog
10-01-2023, 11:00 AM
No he really can't do everything better, if Will is throwing well. But if Will is not, then I agree Mike is as good or better option. When Will is off, I would have made the change to see if Mike had a hot hand on that night. He is a streaky thrower but at least he can make chunk plays with his legs.
I wonder if he would've extended the play on 4th and 12 instead of taking a sack.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 11:02 AM
I wonder if he would've extended the play on 4th and 12 instead of taking a sack.

I would have found out because he would have been out there for me

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 11:04 AM
I guess he was able to complete passes at Vanderbilt due to their better offensive scheme and highly rated wide receivers**

He could not keep the starting job for a reason.

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 11:46 AM

You just reiterated my point that Mike is the way to go.

chef dixon
10-01-2023, 12:34 PM
When Will is "throwing well" is only when he has a perfect pocket. Otherwise not capable