PDA

View Full Version : Whole staff needs to be fired

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 09:55 PM
We graduate so many next year, bring in a proven coach to start the build!

preachermatt83
09-30-2023, 09:55 PM
Yup. Posted the same thing a few mins ago. Start all the way over

Activated Alpha
09-30-2023, 09:57 PM

Yep. It is clear Arnett is worse at being a head coach than morehead and that?s saying something. Completely rebuild with a new staff since we will be depleted talent wise as is

CadaverDawg
09-30-2023, 09:58 PM
Fire them all.

StarkVegasSteve
Whole staff should have never been hired. We had Mullen sitting right there and chose to think we were better than him and shocker…..WE ARE NOT.

BlackSailsDawg
Yep. It is clear Arnett is worse at being a head coach than morehead and that?s saying something. Completely rebuild with a new staff since we will be depleted talent wise as is

He 100% is at fault for this season.

Btw... not a single ar concept tonight so far

Coach34
09-30-2023, 10:00 PM
lol- wow

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 10:03 PM
lol- wow

There is nothing wow about it. Worst coaching hire and job ever.

Ol still confused. Forcing an 11 and 12 personnel when we don't have viable TEs.

Activated Alpha
09-30-2023, 10:04 PM
lol- wow

Surely you are laughing at our joke of a coaching staff and how we are once again getting obliterated on national television

Charlie_Sheen420
09-30-2023, 10:04 PM
It’s always a telling sign if you have a defense minded coach and the defense sucks and same goes with an offense minded coach with an offense that sucks….

Coach34
09-30-2023, 10:15 PM
We have scored 2 TD's on Bama for 1st time since when?

**** off- this staff is better than what we have had

Charlie_Sheen420
09-30-2023, 10:17 PM

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison this is easily the worst Bama team since 2007

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 10:17 PM

Anybody trying to sell that has lost all credibility. There isn't a single person that believes this is the same bama of the past decade.

This is the worst Bama team under Saban save his first year

cheewgumm
09-30-2023, 10:19 PM
Our fans need to be fired.

We want to ?open the checkbook? to hire Dukes coach but wont sign up for monthly NIL donations. ($20 / month)

We won?t compete if we don?t fund NIL.

Knute Rockne couldnt do it.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-30-2023, 10:37 PM

Just say you were wrong. I know it's hard for you.

Better than what we had? I believe:

9 wins > 4 ? 5 ? wins

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2023, 10:37 PM
Our fans need to be fired.

We want to ?open the checkbook? to hire Dukes coach but wont sign up for monthly NIL donations. ($20 / month)

We won?t compete if we don?t fund NIL.

Knute Rockne couldnt do it.

You have to have an exciting brand of football to get people invested. Our team is boring and our coaches are boring.

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 10:40 PM
lol- wow

Honest question-how does Arnett focus with Peterson and Campbell in his ear every 30 seconds telling him what to do? Does the guy actually coach or does he just stand there all the time and look lost every single play?

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 10:42 PM

***Trying to get a spot in the Peterson country club..

StarkVegasSteve
Honest question-how does Arnett focus with Peterson and Campbell in his ear every 30 seconds telling him what to do? Does the guy actually coach or does he just stand there all the time and look lost every single play?

I understand Campbell because he is the analytics guy, but why the hell is Brad Peterson even on the field? He provides nothing except apparently getting in the way of Arnett

Coach34
Just say you were wrong. I know it's hard for you.

Wrong how? Barbay's offense vs Bama is much better than Leach's. Facts dont lie

Us being bad on defense doesnt reflect on Barbay my man

CaptainObvious
09-30-2023, 10:47 PM
There is a microcosm. We get a first down and then run a reverse for a loss and a pass for a gain of 1, and a sack. Coaching is responsible for poor execution at every position.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-30-2023, 10:48 PM
Wrong how? Barbay's offense vs Bama is much better than Leach's. Facts dont lie

Us being bad on defense doesnt reflect on Barbay my man

We currently have 220 yards of offense. #FactDon'tLie

Coursesuper
09-30-2023, 10:50 PM

So what. This bunch has regressed greatly and are plainly just terrible.

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 10:52 PM
So what. This bunch has regressed greatly and are plainly just terrible.

Yep

Santiago
09-30-2023, 10:52 PM

This is not the same Bama team as years past. They are very inconsistent.
We are still getting our tails beat.
Bama is having Milroe practice his downfield passing at this point.

There is nothing about this game to get excited about.

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 10:53 PM

But hey at least we run the damn ball like 34 wants to! Run?N?Shoot?n all the way to 3-9!

Cowbell
09-30-2023, 10:54 PM
But hey at least we run the damn ball like 34 wants to! Run?N?Shoot?n all the way to 3-9!

We have to run because our QB sucks

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 11:00 PM
We have to run because our QB sucks

Rogers has ran 3 first downs and thrown a td.

We have been through this in the Matt Wyatt thread. I pointed out that what we did vs USCe would get the qbs killed all night

We have made it worse by removing what little AR passing plays.

He is forcing us to run an offense the OL is confused on, and to use TEs that we don't have.

Activated Alpha
09-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Just clean house, pour the gasoline, and light a match. We are officially a 17ing dumpster fire. I won?t be watching anymore games until the egg bowl. Might come back if they fire this staff, but I doubt it. This is the same feeling I had with Croom

Coach34
09-30-2023, 11:15 PM

We have 17 points- #FactsDontLie

Yards are irrelevant

Leach scored 15 points total in 3 games vs Bama

Barbay has beaten that in 1 game

Barbay > Leach

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 11:16 PM
Just clean house, pour the gasoline, and light a match. We are officially a 17ing dumpster fire. I won?t be watching anymore games until the egg bowl. Might come back if they fire this staff, but I doubt it. This is the same feeling I had with Croom

Can?t do that-this is the best staff ever!-Coach 34

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 11:17 PM

Yards are irrelevant

Barbay > Leach

You just need to quit posting and spend time with the family. Leach won games, Barbay/Arnett/your boy Brad don?t.

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2023, 11:19 PM
You just need to quit posting and spend time with the family. Leach won games, Barbay/Arnett/your boy Brad don?t.

Nah come on Bank, yards are irrelevant. You obviously can score without gaining yards.

Coach34
09-30-2023, 11:20 PM
17 > 15

You cant change that

Barbay > Leach

Saltydog
09-30-2023, 11:22 PM
He has to toe the company line and pump sunshine for the cigar boys. . . . .

vindastra
09-30-2023, 11:26 PM

Yards are irrelevant

Barbay > Leach

Leach shut down all insider information. Can't risk going back to that again.

Need the Peterson Country Club strong.

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 11:29 PM

Yards are irrelevant

Barbay > Leach

Bs. Again, nobody is buying what you are selling. This is the worst Bama team since Sabans first year.

We continued to try to beat them on the outside where they have speed. We continue to run 11 and 12 personnel when we don't have TEs.

Coursesuper
09-30-2023, 11:30 PM
17 > 15

You cant change that

Barbay > Leach

Again so 17ing what. It?s an irrelevant point. The program is going backwards and fast at that. This was a mistake. The bad thing is it?s a huge mistake due the current environment of D1 football.

Homedawg
09-30-2023, 11:31 PM

Cut a check and I can promise I can make it happen.

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 11:32 PM
Anybody trying to sell that has lost all credibility. There isn't a single person that believes this is the same bama of the past decade.

This is the worst Bama team under Saban save his first year

Yet UM only scored 10 points last week

Homedawg
09-30-2023, 11:33 PM
Whole staff should have never been hired. We had Mullen sitting right there and chose to think we were better than him and shocker?..WE ARE NOT.

If you think we could have hired Mullen you should probably stop posting.

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 11:34 PM

And yet they?re second in the west now and their D didn?t give up 40 to Milroe?

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 11:35 PM

Yards are irrelevant

Barbay > Leach

What?s the wins and losses-boss?

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2023, 11:36 PM
If you think we could have hired Mullen you should probably stop posting.

Where in there did I say we could have hired him? We did not even broach the subject of hiring him or anyone. We took the Larry Templeton way out and promoted from within. And I do know FOR A FACT that Keenum and the bigger boosters think they are better than him. That is not an opinion.

msstate7
09-30-2023, 11:38 PM
What?s the wins and losses-boss?

No one is winning with this defense. The starters we've faced in the sec are completing 90% of their passes.

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 11:38 PM
And yet they?re second in the west now and their D didn?t give up 40 to Milroe?

What has that got to do with their supposed terrible defense argument of the only reason we scored 17 tonight? We suck but Barbay and the players had somethings going, you just can't have those 2 horrible picks by the QB to dismiss that the OC, OL, RB's etc where actually competing and had an offense capable of more tonight.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 11:39 PM

That was in T-Town with a young team and not in Vegas with cowbells ringing in their ears. And tonight they were miss their stud LB who calls the D. And this is by far Saban's 2nd worst team.

I am interested to see how our offense evolves this season tho. Saw some things I liked.

Activated Alpha
We are all pissed off. Well maybe 34 and possibly Homedawg because I don?t believe I have ever seen him post while upset, but even you two guys can?t deny this feeling we are all having is eerily similar to Croom. Even with Simeon?s defense, we at least knew Mullen had an offense.

BlackSailsDawg
Where in there did I say we could have hired him? We did not even broach the subject of hiring him or anyone. We took the Larry Templeton way out and promoted from within. And I do know FOR A FACT that Keenum and the bigger boosters think they are better than him. That is not an opinion.

We will become the dumpster fire Auburn was due that.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 11:40 PM
What has that got to do with their supposed terrible defense argument of the only reason we scored 17 tonight? We suck but Barbay and the players had somethings going, you just can't have those 2 horrible picks by the QB to dismiss that the OC, OL, RB's etc where actually competing and had an offense capable of more tonight.

Won't argue with this.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 11:42 PM
Leach shut down all insider information. Can't risk going back to that again.

Need the Peterson Country Club strong.

LOL ... that is the main thing for sure.

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 11:42 PM

No sir. Name the TE on this team that makes the 11 personnel viable. Name the 2 TEs that gives us a chance in 12.

This is a vet team that we just wasted.

msstate7
09-30-2023, 11:44 PM
No sir. Name the TE on this team that makes the 11 personnel viable. Name the 2 TEs that gives us a chance in 12.

We won with defense last year. This defense can't save us this year. They suck something horrible

Santiago
09-30-2023, 11:48 PM

Yards are irrelevant

Barbay > Leach

Barbay is greater than a college hall of fame coach?
This site is about to get ridiculous. The comments sound like something TSUN would brag about.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 11:48 PM
We won with defense last year. This defense can't save us this year. They suck something horrible

Not entirely but towards end of season. And tonight our D is seriously down on manpower on the Dline.

Tonight it's hard to get a read but we played better on both sides of the ball at times. I'm interested in seeing what happens after next week.

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 11:51 PM

We scored 17?great, we lost the game. I care about W and L column. I don?t care if we ran the triple option but won, I?d take it.

It doesn?t matter what leach did, or Mullen did, or Barbay did we still lost. And this Bama team isn?t the typical Bama team of the past ten years. 34 says this is the best offensive performance since ?98?that?s laughable when CROOM was the last one to beat Bama two years in a row. He must?ve forgot that ?14 and ?17 game too. But you know the common theme in all? We still lost but we still had hope based on other games. We have no hope with this team. We have a lame duck HC who does NOTHING on the sideline except listen to Peterson and Campbell and looks at scoreboard. That is unacceptable. What?s also unacceptable? Being aware of a talent gap on your DL and TE and not addressing it. Obviously the transfer evals on TE was bad (how do you not know of the Spivey issue beforehand). I?m all for finding bright spots-ask Vegas Steve my thoughts at times on Joe and Leach. They had ?grooves? in their offenses too but guess what?they won. This guy won?t win because he is clueless and isn?t leading his team.

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 11:52 PM

That same defense almost caused us the Egg Bowl by letting Kiffin go 98 yards in two minutes and in the bowl game and they could t stop anyone when we played Auburn when we needed it..

msstate7
09-30-2023, 11:53 PM
That same defense almost caused us the Egg Bowl by letting Kiffin go 98 yards in two minutes and in the bowl game and they could t stop anyone when we played Auburn when we needed it..

How did they get the ball to go 98 yards?

Dawgface
09-30-2023, 11:54 PM

Yards are irrelevant

Barbay > Leach

Ha ha. You can?t be serious. As others have said this is not the same Bama team. Wake up.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 11:55 PM
Barbay is greater than a college hall of fame coach?
This site is about to get ridiculous.

LMAO ... 34 lobbying for a job on this staff. He sucking up.

This year Rogers is holding this offense back. Last year it was all Leach's Air Raids fault. Hate to break it to him but Will don't play good against ranked opponents. This year and last year too. In '21he did.

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 11:57 PM

That's irrelevant shit. See my reply in your other post. Plays were there, we ran the ball well, QB1 can shit the bed like he did

Santiago
09-30-2023, 11:59 PM
We scored 17?great, we lost the game. I care about W and L column. I don?t care if we ran the triple option but won, I?d take it.

It doesn?t matter what leach did, or Mullen did, or Barbay did we still lost. And this Bama team isn?t the typical Bama team of the past ten years. 34 says this is the best offensive performance since ?98?that?s laughable when CROOM was the last one to beat Bama two years in a row. He must?ve forgot that ?14 and ?17 game too. But you know the common theme in all? We still lost but we still had hope based on other games. We have no hope with this team. We have a lame duck HC who does NOTHING on the sideline except listen to Peterson and Campbell and looks at scoreboard. That is unacceptable. What?s also unacceptable? Being aware of a talent gap on your DL and TE and not addressing it. Obviously the transfer evals on TE was bad (how do you not know of the Spivey issue beforehand). I?m all for finding bright spots-ask Vegas Steve my thoughts at times on Joe and Leach. They had ?grooves? in their offenses too but guess what?they won. This guy won?t win because he is clueless and isn?t leading his team.

Banker- You gave the best summary of it.
CZA also lied about saying he would not change much, and then let the offensive staff go, to make room for they buddy system.
Then a few weeks ago telling the SEC network he changed the offense because of time of possession.
This crap is akin to hiring Cohen as AD.

Lord McBuckethead
09-30-2023, 11:59 PM

Then why can?t they coach?

BankerDog
10-01-2023, 12:01 AM

How did they get the ball to go 98 yards?

That?s how you wanna play this? Dude just stop. Everyone knows my thoughts on Rogers (which by the way drove the ball to the two before he fumbled it). Fact is, had Bam not made a helluva play the almighty DC?s defense would?ve lost us the game because he let them go 98 yards with soft zone coverage per usual

Where is your smartass reply to Auburn or Illinois? Who drove the ball for both those to win it?

msstate7
10-01-2023, 12:02 AM
Banker- You gave the best summary of it.
CZA also lied about saying he would not change much, and then let the offensive staff go, to make room for they buddy system.
Then a few weeks ago telling the SEC network he changed the offense because of time of possession.
This crap is akin to hiring Cohen as AD.

Cohen was such a disaster that auburn stole him?

Santiago
10-01-2023, 12:03 AM
LMAO ... 34 lobbying for a job on this staff. He sucking up.

This year Rogers is holding this offense back. Last year it was all Leach's Air Raids fault. Hate to break it to him but Will don't play good against ranked opponents. This year and last year too. In '21he did.

CZA looks tonight like he wishes he could just resign from it.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 12:04 AM

The 3 last years we were further away from beating them, at least we had a freaking pulse on offense this year. If all you care about is Wins, then you sure as shit should have been hollering louder about the last 3 years than tonight. Sure don't recall you blasting away the last 3 years. I may be misremembering

BankerDog
10-01-2023, 12:09 AM
The 3 last years we were further away from beating them, at least we had a freaking pulse on offense this year. If all you care about is Wins, then you sure as shit should have been hollering louder about the last 3 years than tonight. Sure don't recall you blasting away the last 3 years. I may be misremembering

7 to 9 wins is pretty nice don?t ya think? Don?t think we will get anywhere near that this year..

Santiago
10-01-2023, 12:09 AM

Saying "last 3 years" which included a Covid season the year CML became coach, with no spring practice. CML brought us the best group of WRs we have seen in a while, and had signed mobile QBs.
Hard to really predict this year but against this Bama team, moving the ball has not been a problem for teams.
He won games, but also had a good eye for talented assistant coaches. He had some on the offensive staff.
CZA, instead of thinking "CML saw something in some of these guys", instead decided "no, I bet a former HS coach, and some others in MS know alot more about good coaches than Coach Mike Leach.... so I need to fire them all and listen to these guys instead..and hire their friends"

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 12:16 AM
lol- wow

We have looked like shit for all 6 straight games under this shit coach, but you're gonna keep defending him on some shit moral victory that we "scored" more tonight than Leach did?!? This is the worst Bama team since Saban's first. With that shit logic, maybe we should hire Croom again... hell, he beat them. GTFO, you've lost all cred. Can't wait to hear what you cooked today before this shitshow... lolz.

StarkVegasSteve
10-01-2023, 12:16 AM

You are misremembering. Bank was saying the same thing the last 3 years.

BankerDog
10-01-2023, 12:22 AM
Saying "last 3 years" which included a Covid season the year CML became coach, with no spring practice. CML brought us the best group of WRs we have seen in a while, and had signed mobile QBs.
Hard to really predict this year but against this Bama team, moving the ball has not been a problem for teams.
He won games, but also had a good eye for talented assistant coaches. He had some on the offensive staff.
CZA, instead of thinking "CML saw something in some of these guys", instead decided "no, I bet a former HS coach, and some others in MS know alot more about good coaches than Coach Mike Leach.... so I need to fire them all and listen to these guys instead..and hire their friends"

It?s not even a Leach vs Arnett argument. That?s what people are missing. It?s stating this: we hired a guy in over his head. To make matters worse, we brought in a bunch of guys who were ?Mullen Country Club? (labeled here and speaking on Turner/Knox), Peterson who was previously fired, Bumphis because he played here but never did anything on a coaching level, and Will Friend from Philly who had been fired several places. Friend?s name has been tossed around so much throughout the years trying to be brought back it was laughable. Then we bring in Campbell and Joey Jones (who people were happy that we let go the first time). People tried telling people this was bound to happen.

And Clark?Will Rogers is who he is and I learned that two years ago. He plays not to lose. That?s who he is. So that?s on you if you ever expected him to pick up and try to push down the field. A coach wasn?t changing that. That?s who he is. He is afraid against bigger named teams. Always has been, always will be. So you know why I didn?t run my mouth? Because a good coach coaches to his players and hides stuff-Leach did. They leave him out there now to lose confidence in himself, etc. Except this year?Arnett doesn?t have Forbes, Wheat, and Cam Young to hide his lack of talent as a coach. Because, again, as a coach raises his players-players do the same for coaches. And like I just told 7?his defense almost costed us games last year.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 12:25 AM
Cohen was such a disaster that auburn stole him?

Cohen was a good AD like Chizik was a good head coach. Some fall into greatness... some are great. How many teams are "stealing" Chizik? I was a huge Cohen fan, but reality shows he was a disaster.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 12:50 AM
This staff is Rockey Felker 2.0.

Offense looks like his out of the shotgun or pistol.

Defense looks awful.

I'll give them two years at most and that might be optimistic.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 01:51 AM

This isn't the bama of last year

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2023, 04:12 AM
Our Special Teams have been good so far

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-01-2023, 06:51 AM
C34 seems to be defending State admin a lot recently. Lemo and now Arnett.

Anyway, his entire argument centers around comparing 1 game this year to 1 game last year (Bama). The fact we played worse vs LSU than last year is ignored by C34. The fact we played worse vs Arizona than last year is also ignored by him. The fact we will have a worse record than last year with a veteran team is also ignored.

We'll see what BS he spews to defend Arnett when we're 4-8 and get blown the F out by OM.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 07:08 AM
This isn't the bama of last year

Defensively they avg giving up 18.2 per game last season, this year so far 14.2. The Bama issue is offense not defense.

Saltydog
10-01-2023, 08:33 AM
We're staring down the barrel of a 4 win season, IF we can beat USM and that's not a given.

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 08:58 AM

And the depleted talent is Leach?s fault. We?ve not gotten D talent good since Mullen

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 09:00 AM
We're staring down the barrel of a 4 win season, IF we can beat USM and that's not a given.

If we lose to USM and OM on back to back weeks I just don't see Arnett getting next year. Selmon's phone will be melting.

DownwardDawg
10-01-2023, 09:00 AM
17 > 15

You cant change that

Barbay > Leach

Hahaha!!!! This is just comical at this point.
Stop trolling.

FISHDAWG
10-01-2023, 09:05 AM
17 > 15

You cant change that

Barbay > Leach

Wow .... your defense of him is starting to sound similar to Bucky and BlackSailsDawg's defense of Will .... I always thought you were more objective than that.... next time you call Bucky Will's dad remember that you sound like Barbay's brother in law

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 09:10 AM
He 100% is at fault for this season.

Btw... not a single ar concept tonight so far

Ha funny. Only passing we did was ar - throw to RB in flats for loss of one, incomplete pass over middle, int, etc.

If we had not run ball would have been 40-0,

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 09:11 AM
If we lose to USM and OM on back to back weeks I just don't see Arnett getting next year. Selmon's phone will be melting.

Correct. I just don't see Selmon giving this staff a long leash at all. The only reason Arnett is our coach is because of the circumstances surrounding a tragedy. There is really no reason for MSU to be invested in him. The Arnett hire isn't on Selmon and I'm sure Selmon is going to want to make his mark with his own hire.

Plus there is too much money at stake for MSU here. A 4-8 or 3-9 season with this staff coming back? Good luck selling that.

TrapGame
10-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Correct. I just don't see Selmon giving this staff a long leash at all. The only reason Arnett is our coach is because of the circumstances surrounding a tragedy. There is really no reason for MSU to be invested in him. The Arnett hire isn't on Selmon and I'm sure Selmon is going to want to make his mark with his own hire.

Plus there is too much money at stake for MSU here. A 4-8 or 3-9 season with this staff coming back? Good luck selling that.

A 3-9 season is Sly Croom level of incompetence and cannot be allowed to fester past one season. The stadium will be, at most, half full next season. 4-8 ain't much better, especially if the 4th win is a struggle win over USM. OM could put 60 on this defense easy.

PMDawg
10-01-2023, 09:33 AM
This is one of the main reasons I was never excited about the ML hire. It would always be a tough transition to the next staff. His AR was such a one off...

Anyway, he did slightly better W/L wise than I thought he would, and I never dreamed his tenure would end so quickly and abruptly the way it did, so it's not like anyone could predict this situation. Unfortunately, CZA was the wrong choice. Had he kept some of the AR staff in place and made a slower transition, maybe it would've worked better. But I think it probably wouldn't have. CZA is in over his head. He mad it worse by trying to transition to far too fast. On top of that, he inherits a QB who just doesn't have it. WR is the definition of a system QB. And tbh, he's among the worst to ever operate the ML system. ML had a lot of system QBs over the years who everyone knew would never sniff the NFL...they all routinely put up video game stats in his offense. WR just checked it down for 3 years. It's showing now. He's not an SEC QB. Sorry.