PDA

View Full Version : Why do we put ourselves through this shit?

CadaverDawg
09-30-2023, 09:38 PM
Rogers is awful, and such a damn sissy.

Arnett looks like a goon over there making goofy faces while his team is out there getting donkey punched.

Defense is soft as baby shit

I'm so sick of this crap.

Most teams couldn't be this bad if they tried. I can't do it anymore. I'm starting to hate being a fan of this BS. It's awful, miserable, punishment. Nothing fun about it anymore.

preachermatt83
09-30-2023, 09:51 PM

Arnett looks like a goon over there making goofy faces while his team is out there getting donkey punched.

Most teams couldn't be this bad if they tried. I can't do it anymore. I'm starting to hate being a fan of this BS. It's awful, miserable, punishment. Nothing fun about it anymore.

I agree. I hope it helps folks see how incredible leach really was. He would have taken us to 10 wins this year. And he would have won BIG with parsons. I’m still heartbroken over the passing of the pirate. He’s always been my favorite coach in America. All the way back to his days as oc at Kentucky.

Lord McBuckethead
10-01-2023, 12:30 AM
Now you guys see why I finally decided to be happy and become a fan of a different team. Been a MSU fan my entire life. LSU game did me in, and I made it through Croom.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 12:39 AM

Give me the days of Leach losing to Arky because our shit kicker couldn't hit a FG. At least we were competing and you were still losing your mind... These are the Croom years, again. 0-8 in the SEC... Jeez. Just freakin' Jeez.

RezDog7
10-01-2023, 12:55 AM
I agree. I hope it helps folks see how incredible leach really was. He would have taken us to 10 wins this year. And he would have won BIG with parsons. I’m still heartbroken over the passing of the pirate. He’s always been my favorite coach in America. All the way back to his days as oc at Kentucky.

Leach couldn't save this defense

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 12:55 AM
Give me the days of Leach losing to Arky because our shit kicker couldn't hit a FG. At least we were competing and you were still losing your mind... These are Croom years, again. 0-8 in the SEC... Jeez. Just freakin' Jeez.

But hey, maybe this is just a prelude to our next "up and coming coach" that follows a disaster. One that'll give us all hope and win a few games (never Bama or reach an SEC Championship mind you) by RTGDFB effectively (mostly). Hopefully this one won't pass on hometown players like AJB, or run a 120lb RB up the middle ad nauseam, or check out against our rival because he's looking for greener pastures or disrespecting an inferior opponent by wearing shorts and then losing to them! But we can dream... or build a statue of him for taking us to #1 for 4 or so weeks before losing his last 3 of 4. Man... I'd take that right now. Sad...

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 12:57 AM
I'm done. No money, no tickets, no nothing. The school leaders sit around with their thumbs up their butts. Our boosters suck too. I'm just done with it all until there's full blown change.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 12:59 AM

Leach was the problem. There's no talent here because of him and his boys.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 01:00 AM

This guy should be banned for his "You heard it here first" post. Because if by some act of God we beat them, he'd be crowing at the top of his lungs like the old days. We were NEVER going to beat them. WE BELIEVE all over again...

ETA... Actually no. The WE BELIEVE crowd had a reason... we were 7-0 or 8-0 at the time. Of course, we finished 8-3 or something like that, but still... they had a somewhat legitimate reason to believe. Lolz.

ETA(2)... not directed at you Rez, just the guy you quoted.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 01:05 AM
I'm done. No money, no tickets, no nothing. The school leaders sit around with their thumbs up their butts. Our boosters suck too. I'm just done with it all until there's full blown change.

I plan on hitting the billion dollar lottery in the next few days and I'll buy us a championship... just hold tight.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2023, 01:08 AM
Delete

CaptainObvious
10-01-2023, 01:21 AM
I plan on hitting the billion dollar lottery in the next few days and I'll buy us a championship... just hold tight.

Heck. If I win the billion dollar lottery I am buying an island off the coast of Belize and learning to like Cricket and Women?s Mud Rasslin!

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 07:22 AM
Heck. If I win the billion dollar lottery I am buying an island off the coast of Belize and learning to like Cricket and Women?s Mud Rasslin!

Why would you have to "learn" to like women's mud rasslin? That should be hardwired into your DNA

TNDawg35
10-01-2023, 07:32 AM
I honestly thought the offense and D looked good until Rogers threw his second pic. Now Rogers looked like shit of course. When he threw the 2nd pic and they scored, it was over. The whole team got deflated. When it was 17-10, the d had only given up 10 points. Rogers handed them 7 points and then another 7 right before half.

Bottom line is I don’t know if he is confused or what, but once again, we had open receivers and he steadily missed them. He is what he is at this point and Mike Leach ain’t walking through that door to make him any better. He was good at throwing to a spot and a predetermined receiver.

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 09:17 AM
I honestly thought the offense and D looked good until Rogers threw his second pic. Now Rogers looked like shit of course. When he threw the 2nd pic and they scored, it was over. The whole team got deflated. When it was 17-10, the d had only given up 10 points. Rogers handed them 7 points and then another 7 right before half.

Bottom line is I don’t know if he is confused or what, but once again, we had open receivers and he steadily missed them. He is what he is at this point and Mike Leach ain’t walking through that door to make him any better. He was good at throwing to a spot and a predetermined receiver.

Good post and true

We had a game till all that happened.

Political Hack
10-01-2023, 09:19 AM
Rogers was well on his way to being the most productive QB in SEC history before this debacle of an offensive staff got a hold of him. His play has suffered for sure, but what's he's good at didn't disappear. We just don't use it. We're trying to make this team into something that it's not. It's impossible to watch right now.

Our offense vs LSU's defense is about all you need to watch to know that we're outmatched coaching wise and personnel wise. Going to be a long season.

On another note, if we have a sunbelt NIL, we'll play like a sunbelt team.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry Hack, and I've defended Will a lot and still think him playing well gives us our best chance, but Barbay is calling plays with yards and points available to this team, plays that Will absolutely should be executing. The remaining offensive players are starting to solidify...Will was bad last night. And it wasn't a scheme problem. 4.4 yards per carry vs Bama and had open targets down field that he took coverage sacks on. That's not a scheme problem.

Political Hack
10-01-2023, 09:39 AM
He threw an inexplicable pick yesterday and didn't have a good game by any means, but my larger point is the system doesn't fit him. It doesn't fit any of our players. I'm more of a "system has to fit the QB" instead of a "fit the square peg in the round hole" guy. Even if they just delayed full implementation of the offense for a year to get some different guys in, it would be better.

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 09:52 AM
He threw an inexplicable pick yesterday and didn't have a good game by any means, but my larger point is the system doesn't fit him. It doesn't fit any of our players. I'm more of a "system has to fit the QB" instead of a "fit the square peg in the round hole" guy. Even if they just delayed full implementation of the offense for a year to get some different guys in, it would be better.

I hear you but disagree in the sense that the scheme does fit a lot of our players, our RB's had a good game yesterday, our OL is picking up run blocking and not all of the sacks were on them at all. The WR's have the skills to feast in this offense but still having mental breakdowns too much. Will good be really good in this offense and has the skills to operate it at the very least in average fashion but I agree it doesn't match him mentally. Where I do agree with you from the OC stand point is that we tried to do too much to start the season and it's be disjointed to say the least. He thought we could operate more of the playbook but should have started with a smaller base and expand as our confidence grows.

Political Hack
10-01-2023, 09:57 AM
I hear you but disagree in the sense that the scheme does fit a lot of our players, our RB's had a good game yesterday, our OL is picking up run blocking and not all of the sacks were on them at all. The WR's have the skills to feast in this offense but still having mental breakdowns too much. Will good be really good in this offense and has the skills to operate it at the very least in average fashion but I agree it doesn't match him mentally. Where I do agree with you from the OC stand point is that we tried to do too much to start the season and it's be disjointed to say the least. He thought we could operate more of the playbook but should have started with a smaller base and expand as our confidence grows.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that. I just think we could be doing more to set up the guys we have for success. WR is one of the most productive QBs in SEC history. That didn't just disappear. He's just being asked to be a different player and has adapted to it very well. TEs are young/inexperienced. Watching the game, it just feels like the entire offense was structured to benefit the defense.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 10:03 AM

He rushed for how many first downs? He made contact when he did. Most of those were rushes of 7 or more.

3rd & 11 at MSST 24
(2:37 - 1st) Will Rogers run for 12 yds to the MSST 36 for a 1ST down

2nd & 11 at ALA 39
(12:33 - 3rd) Will Rogers run for 15 yds to the ALA 24 for a 1ST down

Not all things are on him. He's just your escape goat.

As long as we play decent talent and put this team in an 11 and 12 personnel, we are going to lose because we do not have... wait for it... the personnel to run it. Not only that, the OL is still as confused on the blocking. I told the board this week that if he went this route, we would lose this game and those close calls vs USCe will be sacks.

We have not gotten better at running it. We have gone from 1 sack per 24 passing attempts to 1 in 10. We rank at the bottom of the NCAA in sacks allowed. tied with 3 other teams.

So here it is again... If he continues to force a square peg in a round hole, we will not win 6 games.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 10:05 AM
Leach was the problem. There's no talent here because of him and his boys.

We are loaded on Offense. LOADED. And this guy is clueless on what to do. Defense, that's on Arnnett

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 10:11 AM
We are loaded on Offense. LOADED. And this guy is clueless on what to do. Defense, that's on Arnnett

This is a BS post too, although we do have pretty decent O talent.

However, a lot of it is QB .. this year and 2nd half of last year. Will has had spurts of playing pretty decent last 2 games and not being so petrified of contact tho. But 3 picks last night killed the O.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 10:39 AM
This is a BS post too, although we do have pretty decent O talent.

However, a lot of it is QB .. this year and 2nd half of last year. Will has had spurts of playing pretty decent last 2 games and not being so petrified of contact tho. But 3 picks last night killed the O.

Petrified of contact yet he ran straight up field, did not slide and dove into a defender for the first down last night. When a QB is going to take a sack, you protect the ball with both hands. Had he fumbled while trying to get out of 3 to 4 DL/LB everybody would be screaming.

We are loaded at the skill positions.

We have 6... SIX 4 star WRs. We return a 70% passer and an OL. We have 2 4 star RBs. Yes, we have the talent to do better.

What we don't have is the coaching. Totally on Arnett for changing styles drastically and totally on the OC who is trying to force us into the formations we can not run due to the lack of personnel.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 10:42 AM
Petrified of contact yet he ran straight up field, did not slide and dove into a defender for the first down last night. When a QB is going to take a sack, you protect the ball with both hands. Had he fumbled while trying to get out of 3 to 4 DL/LB everybody would be screaming.

We are loaded at the skill positions.

We have 6... SIX 4 star WRs. We return a 70% passer and an OL. We have 2 4 star RBs. Yes, we have the talent to do better.

What we don't have is the coaching. Totally on Arnett for changing styles drastically and totally on the OC who is trying to force us into the formations we can not run due to the lack of personnel.

There has been some non-AR stuff that has worked pretty good last 2 games. We ran pure AR last year against ranked teams and Will sucked then too.

Dawgology
10-01-2023, 10:43 AM

I?m in the same boat. If this is what my NIL money is being spent to accomplish then it?s a bad investment. Negative return. I?m out.

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Here's something I realized after the game. It was our last football game v Bama for Years. We won't cross paths in any form or fashion in football, in years. Two, Half my family is from the Tuscaloosa area. I can be a Bama fan and it's like rooting for a team in a different league, that actual has a chance to win every week. Ha.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2023, 11:03 AM
There has been some non-AR stuff that has worked pretty good last 2 games. We ran pure AR last year against ranked teams and Will sucked then too.

This isn't just about Rogers. This is about the lack of total personnel to run 12 and 11 personnel. The OL is not getting it. We don't have TEs yet we continue to run it and continue to move away from anything AR.

Now, if you have a different team that has the needed tools to run this, then great. But we did not when we went this direction... that's on Arnnett. Once here, we did not have the personnel. So now that's on the OC.

Like I said at the beginning of the year. You stick with what you do well and add in things as they are perfected to test.

we have 6 WRs that are 4 star guys and we can not seem to get them on the field at the same time. But come hell or high water, he's going to find a place to play an OT true freshman at TE.

MBDawg601
10-01-2023, 11:32 AM
Canceled my BI membership. I guess I'll be back around spring for baseball.

I guess.

Bothrops
10-01-2023, 11:34 AM

And you might like it too, if you'd give it a shot. Losing, and suffering are misconstrued interpretations of reality. We view them in the wrong light. It's the best path if you can realize the true power possessed from within. We must admonish any plight that doesn't concur with our true purpose. Our path. Our inherent nature.

R2Dawg
10-01-2023, 02:23 PM

This is fact for 3 years of AR. Will had good nights here and there but who hasn't? Overall the AR and Will have sucked for 3 years. Not saying right now is great but better chance than 3rd and 12 in AR. So using the AR argument for last 3 years, we are great on O, we are just not executing. It takes years of repetition to get the simple AR down pat. That is what we heard from black sail and others for 3 years. Well I gave him 2+ years of prove me wrong and nothing got better. We won 8 regular season games last year with D and not any great wins in any of it.

Frankly, sick of hearing about AR. It is gone and we got a QB that can't execute as we need but we don't have coaching to correct anything now.

dawgday166
10-01-2023, 03:01 PM
This is fact for 3 years of AR. Will had good nights here and there but who hasn't? Overall the AR and Will have sucked for 3 years. Not saying right now is great but better chance than 3rd and 12 in AR. So using the AR argument for last 3 years, we are great on O, we are just not executing. It takes years of repetition to get the simple AR down pat. That is what we heard from black sail and others for 3 years. Well I gave him 2+ years of prove me wrong and nothing got better. We won 8 regular season games last year with D and not any great wins in any of it.

Frankly, sick of hearing about AR. It is gone and we got a QB that can't execute as we need but we don't have coaching to correct anything now.

I would argue AR didn't suck all 3 years. Prediction Pain actually proved in '21 it beat all of Mullen's years except '14. But then I'm like you and think we need to quit arguing these points.

Now that the homeboys are installed here, if BSD would shut the hell up maybe we could some peace around here on the AR vs Barbay conversation. And if the homeboys produce a good offense, then I'm thrilled with that even tho I don't have the inside scoop with them ****

SpaceWranglerDawg
10-01-2023, 03:46 PM
My kids are 5 and 6.

I'm not subjecting them to a life of this nonsense.

Pushing towards the wife's alma mater from here on out...

Matt3467
10-01-2023, 03:57 PM
Here's something I realized after the game. It was our last football game v Bama for Years. We won't cross paths in any form or fashion in football, in years. Two, Half my family is from the Tuscaloosa area. I can be a Bama fan and it's like rooting for a team in a different league, that actual has a chance to win every week. Ha.

I was just thinking that it would take 71 years with us winning every year to even up the series but with the upcoming schedule change it could take a millennium.

Jarius
10-01-2023, 04:37 PM

Which is why we should have gone out and got a real quarterback in the offseason instead of acting like no one worth a shit would dare come compete with the almighty Will Rogers for a starting job in the SEC. Our in state rival has 3 quarterbacks on their roster better than our starter but we are too ****ing tight financially to go try and get 1 that’s worth a shit. Let’s go add on to our baseball stadium instead.