PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if the A on the Helmet has already beat us.

Lord McBuckethead
09-30-2023, 05:28 PM
Just something Leach brought up last year. Auburn is giving GA hell.

DownwardDawg
09-30-2023, 05:29 PM
Yes. It has.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 05:39 PM
Yes. It has.

You sound about as depressed as I'm feeling right now. Looking at the current landscape of SEC football with NIL and then with Petrino at TAM and Freeze at AU, we might be at bottom of SEC for a while.

Except maybe if we have real bad season and decide to go steal Petrino from Jimbo.

ETA: Our admin would never do something real smart like hiring Petrino tho.

smootness
09-30-2023, 05:44 PM
Which helmet?

JoseBrown
09-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Looks like we a basketball school for a while, till Jans gets another offer at least…

Dawgology
09-30-2023, 05:47 PM
You sound about as depressed as I'm feeling right now. Looking at the current landscape of SEC football with NIL and then with Petrino at TAM and Freeze at AU, we might be at bottom of SEC for a while.

Except maybe if we have real bad season and decide to go steal Petrino from Jimbo.

State fans would never hire Petrino because they want to feel morally superior. It’s much easier to do that and complain about being last in football than to do something about it and be better.

Maverick91
09-30-2023, 05:48 PM
Gosh! You guys would make Scrooge depressed. We haven’t even walked in the field for warm ups yet. Dang chill

Cooterpoot
09-30-2023, 05:50 PM
Other than maybe Vandy, we're the worst team in the SEC. But, nobody is beyond getting beat if they don't show up because nobody is great.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 05:50 PM
State fans would never hire Petrino because they want to feel morally superior. It’s much easier to do that and complain about being last in football than to do something about it and be better.

Only because his infidelity made headlines. There's probably all kinds of crap that goes on they ignore that don't make headlines.

Cowbell
09-30-2023, 05:53 PM
We are already beat because we don't have a winner at QB

Bama D about to eat

Bothrops
09-30-2023, 05:55 PM
Don't know yet, but will soon.

Homedawg
09-30-2023, 05:58 PM

Fact is, the money part is no different now than it was before. Just "legal" now. Well part of it is but doesn't matter. So w that said, why should we ever be better than 7th in the west?? Based on money we should NEVER, ever be better than last. Ever.... but we've done ok for the most part since Jackie showed us it was possible. Bad years sure. But now people expect to win, which is good. But in reality, we shouldn't.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 06:03 PM
Other than maybe Vandy, we're the worst team in the SEC. But, nobody is beyond getting beat if they don't show up because nobody is great.

Are you sure we're better than Vandy *

Dawgology
09-30-2023, 06:10 PM
Only because his infidelity made headlines. There's probably all kinds of crap that goes on they ignore that don't make headlines.

Headlines or no headlines it’s a dumbass move to pass on a proven and successful head coach. Super dumb.

Matt3467
09-30-2023, 06:12 PM

I'm not so sure we'd beat Vandy. They've been very competitive this year.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 06:12 PM
Headlines or no headlines it’s a dumbass move to pass on a proven and successful head coach. Super dumb.

Right now I'm ready to hire him tomorrow. Or maybe even tonight before the game.

Coursesuper
09-30-2023, 06:15 PM
Fact is, the money part is no different now than it was before. Just "legal" now. Well part of it is but doesn't matter. So w that said, why should we ever be better than 7th in the west?? Based on money we should NEVER, ever be better than last. Ever.... but we've done ok for the most part since Jackie showed us it was possible. Bad years sure. But now people expect to win, which is good. But in reality, we shouldn't.

I disagree here, you are oversimplifying the situation. Not one institution could bring its full financial resources into the game until now. We lack the resources in this league and as new schools are added we will be getting shuffled further and further back. We have good people in place trying to make up for our deficiencies but we are what we are. The Bammers have one family that can cover our entire alumni. So the current landscape doesn?t bode well for us. Like it or not the game has changed, we did nothing to try and get ahead of it.

Matt3467
09-30-2023, 06:18 PM

Swap Petrino out for Freeze or Art Briles would you still be willing to hire them if they were interested? Honestly I would because this isn't the pastorate it's a football coach but though I may be taking it a little further than you I do think in general that we do like to sit on our moral high horse and that's how we end up with Croom, Moorhead, Arnett. Leach genuinely surprised me. I couldn't believe we took a chance on him.

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 06:27 PM
Swap Petrino out for Freeze or Art Briles would you still be willing to hire them if they were interested? Honestly I would because this isn't the pastorate it's a football coach but though I may be taking it a little further than you I do think in general that we do like to sit on our moral high horse and that's how we end up with Croom, Moorhead, Arnett. Leach genuinely surprised me. I couldn't believe we took a chance on him.

Art Briles it no where close to the same as them and as someone with daughters, I would stop supporting the school in any way, including every dime I give to the school and my BI would immediately stop. Grambling fans wouldn't have that POS but you would and suggest we should? Sad that having him as a part of out university even would cross anyone's mind. He is absolutely toxic

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 06:44 PM
Art Briles it no where close to the same as them and as someone with daughters, I would stop supporting the school in any way, including every dime I give to the school and my BI would immediately stop. Grambling fans wouldn't have that POS but you would and suggest we should? Sad that having him as a part of out university even would cross anyone's mind. He is absolutely toxic

I don't want Freeze or Briles for similar reasons. Petrino different situation tho.

Homedawg
09-30-2023, 06:47 PM
I disagree here, you are oversimplifying the situation. Not one institution could bring its full financial resources into the game until now. We lack the resources in this league and as new schools are added we will be getting shuffled further and further back. We have good people in place trying to make up for our deficiencies but we are what we are. The Bammers have one family that can cover our entire alumni. So the current landscape doesn?t bode well for us. Like it or not the game has changed, we did nothing to try and get ahead of it.

Sure they could. And did. It's no different now than before. Just the numbers are bigger. From us and the competition. Greater point is, give me one reason before or now we should be better than anyone, other than vandy??

RockyDog
09-30-2023, 06:52 PM
Will had already been sacked 6 times.

Coursesuper
09-30-2023, 06:54 PM
Sure they could. And did. It's no different now than before. Just the numbers are bigger. From us and the competition. Greater point is, give me one reason before or now we should be better than anyone, other than vandy??

I?ll not argue that point, you are on the mark. I worry about the next big shuffle and we end up like Wazzu and Oregon State.

chef dixon
09-30-2023, 07:05 PM
The answer is of course it has. Anyone who's ever watched a state-Bama game the last decade plus knows that

Dawgology
09-30-2023, 07:40 PM

Briles? No?but that?s a whole other ball of wax. Freeze? I?d have to hold my nose but yeah

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 07:46 PM
We're in the same boat as Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss among others. We can win but we have less leeway. We need a legit coach to do it like a Jackie, Dan, Leach...or Kentucky with Stoops and South Carolina with Holtz and Spurrier.

At the same time we need to improve some things like recruiting budget and etc. I'm optimistic that Selmon can fix it.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 07:52 PM
I'm optimistic that Selmon can fix it.

I'm glad someone is. Tell me "See, I told you so" when that happens.

Lord McBuckethead
09-30-2023, 08:10 PM
This entire post was to remind the team, Fortune favors the Bold. If you want to be winners, play smart, play fast, and take it.

Or do what you did against LSU and no need to wonder what could have been.

The A don?t mean shit, unless you make it mean something.

lastmajordog
09-30-2023, 08:12 PM
om showing class again......

smootness
09-30-2023, 08:15 PM
There?s no A on the helmet

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2023, 09:29 PM
Yes. The A recruited much better than us for years. We are grossly undersized and lack sec speed.

It's extremely frustrating.