PDA

View Full Version : Florida v Kentucky

RocketDawg
09-30-2023, 12:02 PM
Kentucky up 16-0 early in the 2nd quarter. They look really good.

I hope nobody has them in the "sure win" column.

chef dixon
09-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Coaching stability

bigbub50
09-30-2023, 12:06 PM
I don?t even have central Michigan and USM in the sure win.

Westdawg
09-30-2023, 12:13 PM
I?m going to do something most won?t do - shout Mark Stoops? praises. The guy has built a quality program and done it the right way - sustained stability at the top, showing the ability to recruit to your needs with a focus on building talent on talent- and most of it was mid to high 3 ⭐️s and slowly getting higher ranked and quality recruits to believe in the program, all with a long term commitment to building for the deep future.
It really has been completely contrary to how most view and believe it should be done in this era of football.

Westdawg
09-30-2023, 12:22 PM
I will go a bit further and give a MSU twist to my above comment -
Mullen was right where Kentucky has now found itself - a perennial winning, bowl-bound team that was on cusp of becoming a top 2 team in their conference division. The difference?? Mullen believed he was better than MSU, and wanted to be a blue blood (but the way he built his success does not work at most blue bloods - they want to win NOW). Stoops has embraced his situation and when both he?s had the opportunities to leave, AND when he had a subpar year UK admin could have pulled the plug, both sides stayed committed to the process. Today?s game is another sign that it works

Leroy Jenkins
09-30-2023, 12:22 PM
I put everyone in the sure win category. And I'll be there at 8:00 tonight expecting to win.

Maverick91
09-30-2023, 12:32 PM
Mullen was right where Kentucky has now found itself - a perennial winning, bowl-bound team that was on cusp of becoming a top 2 team in their conference division. The difference?? Mullen believed he was better than MSU, and wanted to be a blue blood (but the way he built his success does not work at most blue bloods - they want to win NOW). Stoops has embraced his situation and when both he?s had the opportunities to leave, AND when he had a subpar year UK admin could have pulled the plug, both sides stayed committed to the process. Today?s game is another sign that it works

Agreed! Mullen screwed himself. I also wonder if todays game will allow a coach to do it that way ever again. The game is so different than when they both took over their programs.

Coursesuper
09-30-2023, 12:32 PM

Absolutely 17ing true.

KB21
09-30-2023, 12:33 PM
Lincoln Riley and his Air Raid is going to drop 70 on Prime Time.

Coursesuper
09-30-2023, 12:33 PM
I put everyone in the sure win category. And I'll be there at 8:00 tonight expecting to win.

U serious Leroy

DownwardDawg
09-30-2023, 12:34 PM
I?m going to do something most won?t do - shout Mark Stoops? praises. The guy has built a quality program and done it the right way - sustained stability at the top, showing the ability to recruit to your needs with a focus on building talent on talent- and most of it was mid to high 3 ⭐️s and slowly getting higher ranked and quality recruits to believe in the program, all with a long term commitment to building for the deep future.
It really has been completely contrary to how most view and believe it should be done in this era of football.
You are right. But to be fair, many people have been praising Stoops for years for what he's done at Kentucky.

DownwardDawg
09-30-2023, 12:36 PM
Lincoln Riley and his Air Raid is going to drop 70 on Prime Time.

I certainly hope so. What a strange place to post this though.

Leroy Jenkins
09-30-2023, 12:42 PM
Leary at the half, 4-6 for 36 yards

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 12:45 PM
Stoops going for the Michigan State job?

Westdawg
09-30-2023, 12:46 PM
You are right. But to be fair, many people have been praising Stoops for years for what he's done at Kentucky.

True?.to a point. If Bama were 4-0 against a ?weak? front end, they would be #1 or 2. Kentucky isn?t even ranked. They are honestly the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC this year, and could end up winning their division, and they?ve been at that level for a few years now. I still think they are a couple more years away from being high level consistency, but they are as close as anyone not named Bama, UGA, and LSU.

Westdawg
09-30-2023, 01:01 PM
Stoops going for the Michigan State job?
Why would he leave at this point when he?s getting all he could hope for, program continuing to rise?..to go sit in mediocrity again in a worse recruiting footprint, and worse facilities, higher expectations, and playing second fiddle in state to Michigan at Mich State??

Westdawg
09-30-2023, 01:09 PM
Wooo, the UK RB Ray Davis is an absolute beast today. About 250 rushing, 4 total TDS so far early in the 3rd. And this is against the best rushing defense in the SEC.

DownwardDawg
09-30-2023, 01:55 PM
Why would he leave at this point when he?s getting all he could hope for, program continuing to rise?..to go sit in mediocrity again in a worse recruiting footprint, and worse facilities, higher expectations, and playing second fiddle in state to Michigan at Mich State??

If I were him there's no way I would leave Kentucky. Especially for Michigan State.

TrapGame
09-30-2023, 02:00 PM
We ain't beating A&M or Arkansas either. A&M's defense is fast. Johnson can hit the deep ball. Arkansas may be a closer game but it's still going to be a loss.

4-8 is what I'm seeing.

RocketDawg
09-30-2023, 02:00 PM
Wooo, the UK RB Ray Davis is an absolute beast today. About 250 rushing, 4 total TDS so far early in the 3rd. And this is against the best rushing defense in the SEC.

He'll break 300 if they let him. I think they said the school record is 299.

DownwardDawg
09-30-2023, 03:43 PM
We ain't beating A&M or Arkansas either. A&M's defense is fast. Johnson can hit the deep ball. Arkansas may be a closer game but it's still going to be a loss.

4-8 is what I'm seeing.
And after watching Kentucky today....dang. Then watching auburn vs Georgia........

RocketDawg
09-30-2023, 03:49 PM
And after watching Kentucky today....dang. Then watching auburn vs Georgia........

Yeah, doesn't look good, does it? Last week Will had some really good results throwing the ball deep downfield (I really didn't know he could throw the ball that far). Maybe that will continue and everybody we play won't look like giant-slayers.

PGHBulldogBG
09-30-2023, 03:51 PM
Does UK play UGA in Lexington? If so it could be their year to win the East. Unless they play Bama this year I don?t know their other west team besides State this year

CaptainObvious
09-30-2023, 04:31 PM
Based on early results, there is no SEC team on our schedule that State should be favored over let alone beat. Looks like we picked the wrong year not to hire a completely new well established coaching staff.

CaptainObvious
09-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Based on early results, there is no SEC team on our schedule that State should be favored over let alone beat. Looks like we picked the wrong year not to hire a completely new well established coaching staff.
Or sniffing glue!

Cowbell
09-30-2023, 05:20 PM

Coaching ain't our problem. Talent is

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 05:23 PM
Coaching ain't our problem. Talent is

Not saying that ain't so but I also think some of it is S&C.