PDA

View Full Version : What?s going on at Dudy Noble?

AlSwearengen
09-29-2023, 09:42 PM
Anyone with any information from fall practice and scrimmages? Who is looking to be improved? Any transfers look like they might make a difference? Any pitchers that we need improvement from making improvement?

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 12:20 AM
Our pitching program is being revamped. I think we will be pleased in the spring with what we see. Parker is legit. Will probably end up saving Lemonis's job. And yes, I have seen our SEC schedule. We play in the SEC. It's like that every year.

Really hard to say who will end up in the rotation and what the roles will be. Dohm could surprise us and end up with a rotation spot. Then you have Stone Simmons back. We have Kahl Stephens and Karson Ligdon that should compete for rotation spots. Loo will probably get one if I had to guess. Hard to know because he is working on pitching from one side. Loftin has been out some. Auger should be back too. Makhai Grant is going to be good for us. Cam Schuelke will be a weapon out of the bullpen. However it shakes out we have a lot more options and should be able to piece things together better. Not sure if we have a legit Friday night guy yet or not- but we definitely have more options to use out of the bullpen.

We're deeper at catcher than we were last year. Ross Highfill will still start but Johnny Long looks like a quality back up.

Hines has first base locked up of course. Logan Kohler the third baseman from Memphis should be better defensively than Alford and should give us similar numbers at the plate. So net gain there. Dylan Cupp, David Mershon, and Amani Larry are all fighting for MIF spots. Will probably come down to how quickly Cupp can acclimate himself to college baseball offensively. If that happens and Mershon and Larry perform as expected, I suspect we will move one either to the OF or DH. Cupp at SS and Mershon at 2B is our best defensive pairing IMO.

Dakota Jordan has a spot locked down in the OF and Hujsack has a spot likely locked down as well. The other spot might go to Bryce Chance. A freshman that is making noise is Stephen Spalitta. He looks like a really good flip from Tulane and replacement for Aiden Smith- thanks Tim Dulin!

Lot of questions- but more options than last year too.

Sounds like Foxhall almost completely neglected our staff. Really insane when you think about it. Not sure if got burned out or what.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2023, 12:23 AM
We hit a home run with Parker. As Todd said he?ll probably save Lemonis job. I know some people involved with helping Parker revamp our throwing programs and Parker is one impressive cat.

basedog
09-30-2023, 07:49 AM
Our pitching program is being revamped. I think we will be pleased in the spring with what we see. Parker is legit. Will probably end up saving Lemonis's job. And yes, I have seen our SEC schedule. We play in the SEC. It's like that every year.

Really hard to say who will end up in the rotation and what the roles will be. Dohm could surprise us and end up with a rotation spot. Then you have Stone Simmons back. We have Kahl Stephens and Karson Ligdon that should compete for rotation spots. Loo will probably get one if I had to guess. Hard to know because he is working on pitching from one side. Loftin has been out some. Auger should be back too. Makhai Grant is going to be good for us. Cam Schuelke will be a weapon out of the bullpen. However it shakes out we have a lot more options and should be able to piece things together better. Not sure if we have a legit Friday night guy yet or not- but we definitely have more options to use out of the bullpen.

We're deeper at catcher than we were last year. Ross Highfill will still start but Johnny Long looks like a quality back up.

Hines has first base locked up of course. Logan Kohler the third baseman from Memphis should be better defensively than Alford and should give us similar numbers at the plate. So net gain there. Dylan Cupp, David Mershon, and Amani Larry are all fighting for MIF spots. Will probably come down to how quickly Cupp can acclimate himself to college baseball offensively. If that happens and Mershon and Larry perform as expected, I suspect we will move one either to the OF or DH. Cupp at SS and Mershon at 2B is our best defensive pairing IMO.

Dakota Jordan has a spot locked down in the OF and Hujsack has a spot likely locked down as well. The other spot might go to Bryce Chance. A freshman that is making noise is Stephen Spalitta. He looks like a really good flip from Tulane and replacement for Aiden Smith- thanks Tim Dulin!

Lot of questions- but more options than last year too.

Sounds like Foxhall almost completely neglected our staff. Really insane when you think about it. Not sure if got burned out or what.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

"Sounds like Foxhall almost completely neglected our staff." Well stated Todd.

Lemonis got somewhat lazy after the Natty. I said watching all of the celebrations by players, coaches and fans we had gone a little too far and forgot how we got there (gotten step up your game not relax).

TNDawg35
09-30-2023, 08:19 AM
I saw a video the other day and Larry was in left field with Cupp at SS and Mer at 2B…

State82
09-30-2023, 08:22 AM
Lemonis got somewhat lazy after the Natty. I said watching all of the celebrations by players, coaches and fans we had gone a little too far and forgot how we got there (gotten step up your game not relax).

If you are not progressing very day at this level you are getting worse.

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 09:53 AM
I saw a video the other day and Larry was in left field with Cupp at SS and Mer at 2B…

That might end up happening. Only issue is Larry's arm isn't what you want for an OF.

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 09:54 AM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

"Sounds like Foxhall almost completely neglected our staff." Well stated Todd.

I've seen that happen at the MLB level too. It's a big reason why repeating in baseball is extremely difficult.

basedog
09-30-2023, 11:14 AM
I've seen that happen at the MLB level too. It's a big reason why repeating in baseball is extremely difficult.

We should be better this spring, I just don’t know how much the teams we play are better.

basedog
09-30-2023, 11:16 AM
If you are not progressing very day at this level you are getting worse.

I agree, as an ex basketball Coach it was always about getting better everyday and staying focus.

Cooterpoot
09-30-2023, 11:43 AM
A few young guys looking good with the stick. Pitching is going to still have some adventures but will be better.

bulldogcountry1
09-30-2023, 04:02 PM
?Logan Kohler the third baseman from Memphis should be better defensively than Alford?

Really going out on a limb there.**

Coach34
09-30-2023, 04:46 PM

I can see this happening. I knew Jordan was moving to RF- which actually makes us better there than last season. Also gets our best players on the field as well as makes us pretty damn good defensively.

Pitching now has to grow and reach some of its potential

AlSwearengen
09-30-2023, 04:53 PM
A few young guys looking good with the stick. Pitching is going to still have some adventures but will be better.

How has the kid from CA looked? What position are they working him? I saw on twitter that Makhai Grant was sitting at 98, which was pretty much expected but it sounded like he did pretty well.

Homedawg
09-30-2023, 06:03 PM
How has the kid from CA looked? What position are they working him? I saw on twitter that Makhai Grant was sitting at 98, which was pretty much expected but it sounded like he did pretty well.

Been hurt or something. Hasn't played in more than 2 weeks.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-30-2023, 06:25 PM
Meh. We will suck.