PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we are as bad as Jacksonville State

blacklistedbully
12-03-2013, 01:13 PM
From a Black Bear on rebelfaithful.com:

"there's a lot that cost the game. Stupid penalties. Turnovers. Bad play calling. Dropped balls. Bad passes. Poor tackling. Poor blocking. The list is longer but those three are big enough. There is plenty of blame to go around. We let a much worse team stick around and beat us. This is Jacksonville State all over again. However, I disagree with those who seem to imply that there is no redemption. We still have a very young team and a very inexperienced head coach."

The level of delusion is so high, it's hard to believe a group of people could get that bad. I swear, I do think it takes a certain amount of plain old ignorance to get this bad. As has been pointed out before:

We've beaten them 4 of last 5.
6 out of 10.
13 out of 23 since return to campuses.
In previous 9 seasons we have finished with a better record 4 times, compared to 4 for them, and if we win our bowl while they lose theirs, it's a tie this year on that.

Any rational thinker would look at this and suppose that MSU is clearly the better team over the past 5 years, and is no worse than on-a-par the past decade. Yet these morons have convinced themselves they are not only better, but on-another-level superior. It's truly one of the more laughable things I've ever seen. Truly comical that a mass group of people like this could be so brainwashed and/or deluded in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

CJDAWG85
12-03-2013, 01:15 PM
**** them.... That is all

C222
12-03-2013, 01:17 PM
THIS IS SO GREAT. Keep all of these type posts coming. I love it.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Let's not forget that the National Geographic Magazine named them the National Champion in the early 60's.

PMDawg2
12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
They remind me a lot of a cult. Except dumber.

Pollodawg
12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Where do they get this shit from? There's no way those are real people.

smootness
12-03-2013, 01:35 PM
It seems to me that when we're beating them, they just kind of say, 'We're awful, who cares' but then as soon as they beat us one time they think that the rightful order has been restored, they are now 'back', all of their past issues are gone and the previous X number of games didn't even happen, that they will now no longer lose to us again. Then, when we beat them again, this is what happens - 'How could this ever happen? We're Ole Miss!! We're on par with LSU and they're Tulane.' It makes no sense, but it seems to be what happens every single time.

If they beat us next year, no matter what else happened throughout the year, it will once again be proof that all has been restored, they are back to being among the elite, and we won't ever touch them again.

If we beat them next year, they'll become complacent again and pretend they don't care about football.

nashLA
12-03-2013, 01:48 PM
It's a reflex with these people, just like when the doc puts the hammer to their knee and their leg pops up. When faced with any sort of failure, whether in their sports teams, personal life, relationships with others, their reflexive response is to apply the balm of assumed superiority. If you are superior to everyone else, you can't really fail. The veil of assumed superiority covers over all flaws, and allows you to ignore your own failings.

blacklistedbully
12-03-2013, 01:57 PM
It's a reflex with these people, just like when the doc puts the hammer to their knee and their leg pops up. When faced with any sort of failure, whether in their sports teams, personal life, relationships with others, their reflexive response is to apply the balm of assumed superiority. If you are superior to everyone else, you can't really fail. The veil of assumed superiority covers over all flaws, and allows you to ignore your own failings.

Perhaps, but they've been working that jar of balm A WHOLE LOT the past 40+ years. One would think they'd run out of it eventually.

All jokes aside, I truly think they would make an interesting case study or thesis for some aspiring Psychology major. We probably all know people in our lives that aren't self-aware and/or live in a fantasy world. But the Ole Miss phenomena is so over-the-top and so wide-spread among their fanbase, it's nothing short of astonishing. It must have some "mob-mentality" aspect to it.

BulldogDX55
12-03-2013, 02:11 PM
GIVE ME MORE! I NEED TO FINISH!

"there's a lot that cost the game. Stupid penalties. Turnovers. Bad play calling. Dropped balls. Bad passes. Poor tackling. Poor blocking. The list is longer but those three are big enough.

Ole Miss math, ladies and gentlemen. In their world, it seems that 7 = 3. Is this why they think they are on another level? Are they imagining four fewer losses each year? That would be like one of them saying: "Yeah, we lost to Bama, Auburn, A&M, Mizzou, and State, but 11-1 is still a great season!"

BossDawg
12-03-2013, 02:28 PM

Nailed it. They are a weird bunch.

nashLA
12-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Perhaps, but they've been working that jar of balm A WHOLE LOT the past 40+ years. One would think they'd run out of it eventually.

All jokes aside, I truly think they would make an interesting case study or thesis for some aspiring Psychology major. We probably all know people in our lives that aren't self-aware and/or live in a fantasy world. But the Ole Miss phenomena is so over-the-top and so wide-spread among their fanbase, it's nothing short of astonishing. It must have some "mob-mentality" aspect to it.

That's right. Its their culture, and they all assist each other in maintaining it.

BulldogBear
12-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Yep, our record over last decade is 56-66, not good, and includes the entire Croom era. Over the same 10 years Ole Miss is.... 52-70. Yet they are elite and we are the worst program in the SEC***

In the last FIFTY seasons their best (10-2) was '71. So, their 2nd best (10-3) was 2003. Let's include that to help them out. That brings it to 58-76 for sorry ol' State in the last 11 seasons and 62-73 for National Powerhouse Mississippi. I just can't understand how an otherwise probably rational person can imagine this huge gap.

Dawgface
12-03-2013, 02:33 PM
**** them.... That is all

Ditto.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I think the delusion comes from the prescriptions of xanax mixed with scotch...yancy approves this message.

BulldogBear
12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
It seems to me that when we're beating them, they just kind of say, 'We're awful, who cares' but then as soon as they beat us, or ANYONE for that matter, one time they think that the rightful order has been restored, they are now 'back', all of their past issues are gone and the previous X number of games didn't even happen, that they will now no longer lose to us again. Then, when we beat them again, this is what happens - 'How could this ever happen? We're Ole Miss!! We're on par with LSU and they're Tulane.' It makes no sense, but it seems to be what happens every single time.

If they beat us next year, no matter what else happened throughout the year, it will once again be proof that all has been restored, they are back to being among the elite, and we won't ever touch them again.

If we beat them next year, they'll become complacent again and pretend they don't care about football.

FTFY

TheRef
12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I think the delusion comes from the prescriptions of xanax mixed with scotch...yancy approves this message.

This girl approves scotch exchanged for vodka waters.
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/drunk-ole-miss-fan.png

HereComesTheSpiral
12-03-2013, 03:02 PM

When is the great Freeze going to lead them to the magical kool-aid so they can transcend this world and live above us low lifes.

BulldogBear
12-03-2013, 03:05 PM
When is the great Freeze going to lead them to the magical kool-aid so they can transcend this world and live above us low lifes.

They already have remember.*** That's why they don't even care about losing the other night. Getting excited about winning a child's game is what peasants do.

RougeDawg
12-03-2013, 03:17 PM

If you haven't listened to last Wednesdays (11/27/13) B&B show please do. Bob Carskadon's mother is a psychologist and she breaks down the OM fan base and their disorders. It's exactly what most of is have noticed, and she explains the mental disorders medically. It's pretty good.

M.Fillmore
12-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I heard Fat Chuck Roundsaville's podcast from last Friday. Fat Chuck says we are not a good team. Fat Chuck said over and over that he is in reality and those who disagree with him are delusional.

Carskadon's mom could write a book on Fat Chuck.

col. forbin
12-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Don't forget the NyQuil.