PDA

View Full Version : QB Next Year

TNDawg35
09-28-2023, 06:14 PM
So here is one to think about for next year. Let?s say Will moves on, which I think it would be time. Do you start Parsons or do you go get a transfer? I would think if the staff had confidence in making Parsons the starter next year, why go get Mike Wright this year? Give those snaps to CP. I know we loose a ton after this year, but with the portal and doing it right, you can still be good. What say ye all?

msstate7
09-28-2023, 06:36 PM
If this season keeps going like it looks like it will, no way arnett is betting his job on an unexperienced qb imo

bulldawg28
09-28-2023, 06:58 PM
If this season keeps going like it looks like it will, no way arnett is betting his job on an unexperienced qb imo

In the NFL I agree. In college an upcoming star almost guarantees more expectations and job security.

Pinto
09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
So here is one to think about for next year. Let?s say Will moves on, which I think it would be time. Do you start Parsons or do you go get a transfer? I would think if the staff had confidence in making Parsons the starter next year, why go get Mike Wright this year? Give those snaps to CP. I know we loose a ton after this year, but with the portal and doing it right, you can still be good. What say ye all?

Not much use in Parsons handing it off 4 times a game.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 08:06 PM
Wright at this point is the odds on guy to be QB next season

paverdog
09-28-2023, 08:25 PM
Anyone other the the starter we have this year. A waste of the season, I still can't understand it.

Quaoarsking
09-28-2023, 08:33 PM
If Will plays like he did last week for the rest of the season, and our playcalling matches his strengths, then the best case scenario is for him to return.

viverlibre
09-28-2023, 08:33 PM
I don't know if coaches put a lot of stock in "next year" in this day of NIL/Portal. Parsons may transfer the next portal opening.

Leroy Jenkins
09-28-2023, 08:49 PM
Maybe he'll play well enough for us to get his name right.

paverdog
09-28-2023, 09:37 PM
I just hope Rogers understands and know; we need a daul threat QB for this offence. If he comes back, we will be in a fix and the only backup will be Wright. No one else will be here. Parsons will be out of here; I just don't think he will be back..

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 09:42 PM

Oh we will bring in a couple of Transfers just due to the lack of depth if nothing else.

parabrave
09-28-2023, 09:43 PM
Who knows. In the 2nd week of Jan we will have 85 Unrestricted Free Agents and a Oakland As payroll.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 09:47 PM
I just hope Rogers understands and know; we need a daul threat QB for this offence. If he comes back, we will be in a fix and the only backup will be Wright. No one else will be here. Parsons will be out of here; I just don't think he will be back..

We don't need a dual threat QB. We need a QB that can hit the mid to deep passes on a regular basis that is mobile. Brice was a 62% passer and rushed for a whopping 1.6 per carry.

bulldawg28
09-29-2023, 04:56 AM
We don't need a dual threat QB. We need a QB that can hit the mid to deep passes on a regular basis that is mobile. Brice was a 62% passer and rushed for a whopping 1.6 per carry.

We ain't Alabama

AROB44
09-29-2023, 06:00 AM
Wright at this point is the odds on guy to be QB next season

That's something not to look forward to. If Parsons is as good as he is supposed to be, he should be able to beat out Wright.

Pancho
09-29-2023, 06:01 AM
Who is this Parsons guy? *******

Really Clark?
09-29-2023, 07:14 AM

Micah Parsons, he has another year of eligibility left and is tired of destroying offenses in the NFL so he is transferring to us after the playoffs. He wants to try his hand at QB. It's a risky move for us but his upside is incredible. His family has already flown in a couple of times to check out housing and was seen at Old Waverly. It's pretty much a done deal at this point.

defiantdog
09-29-2023, 08:16 AM
I don't know if coaches put a lot of stock in "next year" in this day of NIL/Portal. Parsons may transfer the next portal opening.
PARSON not Parsons isn't going anywhere else after this season.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 08:34 AM
We ain't Alabama

You are right. But we have Rogers who does a hell of a job at that. We can recruit better QBs that can do that. We can not go back to sub 60% passing (52 to 57% is a no go).

HancockCountyDog
09-29-2023, 08:42 AM
What is amazing is that after last week, we still have fans that think Rogers moving on is a good thing for the football program.

IT is bizarre how much our fans hate one player.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 08:52 AM
What is amazing is that after last week, we still have fans that think Rogers moving on is a good thing for the football program.

It is! What's extremely weird is that if the OC gets it figured out, and Rogers keeps these types of games up, those same people will still say he is the reason we lost.

Tripp McNeely
09-29-2023, 09:01 AM

Do they hate Rogers as much as our fans hated Wayne Madkin?

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 09:02 AM
Do they hate Rogers as much as our fans hated Wayne Madkin?

Not sure. But what does that have to do with the hate on Rogers?

Really Clark?
09-29-2023, 09:19 AM
Not sure. But what does that have to do with the hate on Rogers?

Good grief man, it was just a question. It may even be relevant since we have tendency to shit on the starter and think the back-up gives us a better chance to win. Historically, it's this way more times than not with our fans.

viverlibre
09-29-2023, 09:27 AM

I don't think it is hate, more fatigue. Kind of like Austin Williams, he's a good player, but not dynamic, not someone who is going to win you a game based on his talent. Additionally, the current trend is for a QB that can move in pocket and put more pressure on the D with his feet. Even pure passing QBs now have at least a small amount of mobility.

He'll go down as a MSU great. I think we have a chance tomorrow, if we win, that will booster his status even more. I think too many folks have given up on this season, if Will has more games like last Saturday and the D can just improve a little, we can get to 7-5/8-4 which is out lot in life.

Tripp McNeely
09-29-2023, 10:02 AM
Good grief man, it was just a question. It may even be relevant since we have tendency to shit on the starter and think the back-up gives us a better chance to win. Historically, it's this way more times than not with our fans.

Thank you!!! May have been a little bit of a thread derailment, but just a question I was curious about.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2023, 10:06 AM
We're going look at portal QBs. I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.

HancockCountyDog
09-29-2023, 10:16 AM
We're going look at portal QBs. I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.

I wouldn't trade Rogers for Peyton Thorne at AU or the kid from Wisconsin that FL has and I'm not sure we are going to be able to blow our NIL wad on a QB. Maybe so, but we have a lot (I mean a f@cking lot) of holes that we will need to replace off this year's team.

chef dixon
09-29-2023, 10:19 AM
Congrats to Will for having a decent game. We still lost and he turned the ball over. We just need a QB that can move even the slightest bit without collapsing or fumbling. Until we have that we are extremely limited. It doesn't take Nick Saban to see that.

This league is way too athletic and will take advantage of that weakness in a QB almost every drive with a huge momentum play. Unless we are hitting bombs within the first few plays of a drive like we did last week, it's a ticking time bomb of disaster each time we line up.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't trade Rogers for Peyton Thorne at AU or the kid from Wisconsin that FL has and I'm not sure we are going to be able to blow our NIL wad on a QB. Maybe so, but we have a lot (I mean a f@cking lot) of holes that we will need to replace off this year's team.

Keeping Rogers removes 1 area of need.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 10:21 AM
Congrats to Will for having a decent game. We still lost and he turned the ball over. We just need a QB that can move even the slightest bit without collapsing or fumbling. Until we have that we are extremely limited. It doesn't take Nick Saban to see that.

This league is way too athletic and will take advantage of that weakness in a QB almost every drive with a huge momentum play. Unless we are hitting bombs within the first few plays of a drive like we did last week, it's a ticking time bomb of disaster each time we line up.

BS.

DownwardDawg
09-29-2023, 10:46 AM

Apparently most of the posters here know but I've never heard of him. He must live down by the WalMarts. I think he was recruited by Mullen's when Greg Byrnes was here.

ArrowDawg
09-29-2023, 11:10 AM
PARSON not Parsons isn't going anywhere else after this season.

Don't be so sure. Every other QB we've recruited in recent years has left to play for other teams.

Todd4State
09-29-2023, 11:11 AM
We're assuming Barbay is back next year...which isn't a given.

I'm sure we'll get someone out of the portal but it may depend on who our OC is.

TrapGame
09-29-2023, 11:19 AM
Why aren't we rolling with Chris Parson next year? It seems like a no brainer to get this kid out there and start getting experience.

But Hell, there are so many question marks with this team and coaching staff.

sleepy dawg
09-29-2023, 11:29 AM
It'll be Will.

confucius say
09-29-2023, 11:59 AM
Maybe he'll play well enough for us to get his name right.

Rodgers or Parsons?***

For the love of humanity people, it is Parson. He's been very clear that it upsets him to say his name wrong. Geez.

R2Dawg
09-29-2023, 12:00 PM

Rogers is a good system QB that is it. I know the air raid lovers are never going to let it go. Hanging on the Rogers and his stats when they are good is all they got. It is fine to like one system vs another but it is OK if everyone don't love the air raid. We didn't win any more or have any better O than any other time in MSU history that is fact. We got worse on D in that stretch and are digging out of a hole created by it now.

No one hates Rogers but it is best for our program at this point. Time to quit living in the past.

confucius say
09-29-2023, 12:01 PM
Apparently most of the posters here know but I've never heard of him. He must live down by the WalMarts. I think he was recruited by Mullen's when Greg Byrnes was here.

Nah. By Crooms

confucius say
09-29-2023, 12:05 PM
Rogers is a good system QB that is it. I know the air raid lovers are never going to let it go. Hanging on the Rogers and his stats when they are good is all they got. It is fine to like one system vs another but it is OK if everyone don't love the air raid. We didn't win any more or have any better O than any other time in MSU history that is fact. We got worse on D in that stretch and are digging out of a hole created by it now.

No one hates Rogers but it is best for our program at this point. Time to quit living in the past.

I don't particularly like the Air Raid. But it did mask talent deficiencies. We see that very clearly now. Having that offense in the middle of the league vs that schedule last year was amazing. Simply amazing. We're going to be behind that this year despite being older and having a weaker schedule.

I'm fine with Barbay, we just need talent. Particularly at OL.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 12:31 PM
Rodgers or Parsons?***

For the love of humanity people, it is Parson. He's been very clear that it upsets him to say his name wrong. Geez.

LOL! We always have this issue. We even did it with coaches. Crooms. Morehead. You just gotta smile!

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 12:32 PM

So it was not Rogers standing in the pocket delivering deep strike on target from PA? The fact is we did have a more consistent and better O under LEACH!

MaroonFlounder
09-29-2023, 01:45 PM
I guarantee that neither Rodgers nor Parsons will be at MSU next year. LOL

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 02:58 PM

100% RIGHT!

Tripp McNeely
09-29-2023, 03:05 PM

I'd take that bet! $100 towards the BI?

MaroonFlounder
09-29-2023, 07:46 PM
I'd take that bet! $100 towards the BI?

I think my comment went over your head. Check the spellings of both names.

Tripp McNeely
09-29-2023, 09:29 PM
I think my comment went over your head. Check the spellings of both names.

Ahhh...shame on me

Offshore Dawg
09-30-2023, 04:14 PM
PARSON

Bothrops
09-30-2023, 06:32 PM
If it's not a Jones, a Smith, or a Johnson, we aren't used to it.