PDA

View Full Version : Sports Talk Mississippi

Pinto
09-27-2023, 07:47 PM
Do any of y?all still listen to that show? I used to listen daily a couple of years ago, and am trying to get back into it now. however, it seems like it has no real content and is mostly commercials. Am I missing something?

Cooterpoot
09-27-2023, 07:55 PM
Who runs it now? Haven't listened in years.

Pancho
09-27-2023, 08:00 PM
It's a show about nothing more than coach speak. 3 of us could do a show and have more content with actual detail in it.

CaptainObvious
09-27-2023, 08:23 PM
It's a show about nothing more than coach speak. 3 of us could do a show and have more content with actual detail in it.

So it?s Seinfeld on Sports?

Maverick91
09-28-2023, 09:02 AM
So it?s Seinfeld on Sports?

Don’t insult Seinfeld like that.

I’ll catch them on YouTube when they post something about State. I don’t mind their game conversation. But outside of that it does seem like just a bunch of coach speak and commercials.

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 09:42 AM
Who are the guys on air? Stinson passed away. Coulson leave? That's how long it's been for me.

LibraryDawg
09-28-2023, 09:49 AM
Who are the guys on air? Stinson passed away. Coulson leave? That's how long it's been for me.

Richard Cross, Brian Hadad, and Michael Borkey

TrapGame
09-28-2023, 10:12 AM

That was a completely different group on a different station all together. They competed with Bo Bounds in the morning back in the day.

I actually liked them better than Bo.

SPDawgs
09-28-2023, 10:25 AM
I saw a message on twitter that a JUCO SID asked them if they could do a segment once a week for maybe twenty minutes covering JUCO sports in the state. They responded that they would rather do updates on parking lots and HVAC than do a JUCO segment. As a person that went to a JUCO and with Mississippi's great JUCO sport history it was kind of a slap in the face. I don't know how yall feel about that.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 10:28 AM
I saw a message on twitter that a JUCO SID asked them if they could do a segment once a week for maybe twenty minutes covering JUCO sports in the state. They responded that they would rather do updates on parking lots and HVAC than do a JUCO segment. As a person that went to a JUCO and with Mississippi's great JUCO sport history it was kind of a slap in the face. I don't know how yall feel about that.

I saw that and agree with you.

Maverick91
09-28-2023, 10:36 AM

That is so stupid of them. That makes them sound like a casual sports talk station. Why would you not discuss the JUCU schools, to your point it’s not like Mississippi JUCUs are push overs.

R2Dawg
09-28-2023, 11:48 AM
I still listen some; it is a decent show. I actually like Richard. He is pretty good guy and pretty reasonable on most subjects. The other two think they are sports gods telling everyone how stupid they are for an opinion. There are things that are factual but most things are just opinions about players, teams, coaches. Too arrogant towards a listener that disagree with them.

PCHSDawg
09-28-2023, 12:11 PM
They put.the show out in Podcast form the next day. You can listen without all the commercial breaks.

parabrave
09-28-2023, 12:22 PM
Would rather listen to Matt Wyatt.

Mjoelner34
09-28-2023, 12:32 PM
They put.the show out in Podcast form the next day. You can listen without all the commercial breaks.

Listening to that show without commercial breaks would be like watching Scarface on network TV. About 45 minutes long.