PDA

View Full Version : GAME DAY ATMOSPHERE

Prentis
09-25-2023, 11:43 AM
South Carolina game day atmosphere was phenomenal, I watched in complete envy. What can we do to have a similar atmosphere? I mean, the lights, the fireworks, the music all were top tier.

DawgFromOxford
09-25-2023, 11:50 AM
A new sound system and LED lighting would go a long way

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 12:04 PM
Yeah, we need a department dedicated to just that. Stay on top of technology and introduce it first. For example, I know this is going to sound futuristic but the tech is already out there. We could double or more our capacity and the loudness by being the first to have a virtual stadium. The tech is there for you to be in seats and view the game from that perspective. You can add how people at home reacts with their mic and it come through the sound system.

You sell each ticket at a discount to use for NIL. If those season tickets are are $200 or whatever, people that can not make it will get the game day experience as if they were there. The music, the crowd noise, the seat perspective, seeing a person next to them... All of it.

I know that's not exactly what you are talking about, but since my move, It's difficult to go. With that, we get the game day experience with the home cooking.

Santiago
09-25-2023, 12:26 PM
Cohen - is not totally to blame because he followed what was before him, but dang he was an awful AD in terms of marketing and awareness beyond his love of his own intelligence.
Thank you Auburn. Assuming Selmon gets it done.

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Fortunately, those things don't cost that much... relatively speaking.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2023, 02:06 PM
When I first started going to MSU games in 1991, I remember thinking "Wow, MSU sure does have a lot of old people coming to games."
Coming back for games a couple of times a season now, I think "Wow, MSU sure does have a lot of old people coming to games."
And for some reason they all want to yell "Another T!!!", hear Bad to the Bone, and complain when people stand up. Hell, half of them probably want to fire Arnett for dropping the F bomb after the Arizona game.
Remember - entertainment decisions tend to skew toward your largest demographic - and our demographic is old.

ETA: No offense to the old guys on here. But, y'all all know who I'm talking about. You can be old and not "OLD"

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 02:17 PM
When I first started going to MSU games in 1991, I remember thinking "Wow, MSU sure does have a lot of old people coming to games."
Coming back for games a couple of times a season now, I think "Wow, MSU sure does have a lot of old people coming to games."
And for some reason they all want to yell "Another T!!!", hear Bad to the Bone, and complain when people stand up. Hell, half of them probably want to fire Arnett for dropping the F bomb after the Arizona game.
Remember - entertainment decisions tend to skew toward your largest demographic - and our demographic is old.

ETA: No offense to the old guys on here. But, y'all all know who I'm talking about. You can be old and not "OLD"

And that will never change. The largest portion will always be old

confucius say
09-25-2023, 02:39 PM
I've heard a lot of people not want the flashing lights. Mostly from the 60 and up crew.

LC Dawg
09-25-2023, 03:04 PM

Our old people seem to be worse than other fanbases. I'm sure that crowd in Columbia the other night were not all under 40.
I get real frustrated with our fans but it is our administration's responsibility to change it. Not sure how they can do it but maybe have moments where they announce to the crowd to stand and yell. Let the fans who don't want to stand understand they can't bitch when others do.
Byrne got it and Stricklin built on it and it got better but Cohen didn't have a clue how to make a great football environment. Everything Cohen did was about money. His greatest achievement was cheap concessions which were great but when your greatest football crowd achievement actually drew people from the stands you don't have a clue.

MagicDawg
09-25-2023, 03:14 PM
I have an innovative idea that I absolutely believe would transform the in-game experience.
I would love to have it developed at and introduced by Mississippi State.
I currently have a reason to use it at a project for the University of Tennessee next fall, but I would rather it be a State thing, obviously.
(If we could get it done, we could license it to UT for that project.)
I would want to retain the ability to license it to other venues (stadiums, arenas, theatres). Could be used and licensed to venues from secondary school through universities and to major concerts/events.
It would use a phone app and would be spectacular.
The licensing alone could fund NIL effectively. It could be our "Gatorade."

Who at State could I trust to develop it with me and not cheat me?

(Need to check patents to make sure it hasn't been done -- but I've never seen it or heard of it.)

DownwardDawg
09-25-2023, 03:57 PM

I want the atmosphere. I want the lights and the loud music. Hip hop and rock!!! I want us to have the craziest stadium in the SEC. But dropping the f bomb on national television is embarrassing to our university. Terribly embarrassing.

EdwardDrayton
09-25-2023, 04:21 PM
I want the atmosphere. I want the lights and the loud music. Hip hop and rock!!! I want us to have the craziest stadium in the SEC. But dropping the f bomb on national television is embarrassing to our university. Terribly embarrassing.

Yup. No profanity is at the very least still a professional standard entrenched in our society today, particularly in the workplace. That has nothing to do with age.

Pancho
09-25-2023, 06:51 PM
them flashy lights might mess with they bi-focals

coachnorm
09-25-2023, 07:04 PM
Has an END GAME been established to who is the priority for the game day experience? And if so, why is it not known. What happens if the younger attendees are indifferent to the past game day experiences?

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2023, 08:10 PM
Maybe it would not seem like so many old folks if more young folks showed up. There is typically 10k empty seats each game.

viverlibre
09-25-2023, 08:28 PM
We can complain about a lot, but our students do show up and get into the game. If that energy carried over into the alumni, we'd have a top 10 program.

Santiago
09-25-2023, 08:37 PM
Our old people seem to be worse than other fanbases. I'm sure that crowd in Columbia the other night were not all under 40.
I get real frustrated with our fans but it is our administration's responsibility to change it. Not sure how they can do it but maybe have moments where they announce to the crowd to stand and yell. Let the fans who don't want to stand understand they can't bitch when others do.
Byrne got it and Stricklin built on it and it got better but Cohen didn't have a clue how to make a great football environment. Everything Cohen did was about money. His greatest achievement was cheap concessions which were great but when your greatest football crowd achievement actually drew people from the stands you don't have a clue.

Agree, Cohen was clueless in this or just did not care.
I still cannot comprehend the power boosters and decision makers that thought he would be a great hire, with zero experience at it.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2023, 09:23 PM
Was told by multiple people that went to the game that South Carolina's atmosphere was surprisingly as good or better than anyone in the SEC.

Some things they said that stood out, that I'd love for any of you that went to verify....

1) lights and music were phenomenal and there was rarely any "dead air"
2) No advertisements at every stoppage of play
3) No "please direct your attention to midfield as we celebrate the Starkville spelling bee champs" Bull shit at every stoppage
4) No having to instruct dumb ass fans how to properly do a maroon/white (Game/Cocks) chant. The fans just KNOW bc they were ALL as engaged and rowdy as the student section.

Was told it was incredible, and put ours to shame, despite only 5,000 more in the student body and a slightly bigger stadium. Made me disappointed bc it confirmed what I knew about our atmosphere sucking...but gives me hope that we can strive for it.

If we are going to be a smaller fish in this conference, we have GOT to do the little things right to separate ourselves where our recruiting and budget can't. Atmosphere should be a top priority, and we currently suck at it.

CaptainObvious
09-25-2023, 09:34 PM
Was told by multiple people that went to the game that South Carolina's atmosphere was surprisingly as good or better than anyone in the SEC.

Some things they said that stood out, that I'd love for any of you that went to verify....

3) No "please direct your attention to midfield as we celebrate the Starkville spelling bee champs" Bull shit at every stoppage
4) No having to instruct dumb ass fans how to properly do a maroon/white (Game/Cocks) chant. The fans just KNOW bc they were ALL as engaged and rowdy as the student section.

Was told it was incredible, and put ours to shame, despite only 5,000 more in the student body and a slightly bigger stadium. Made me disappointed bc it confirmed what I knew about our atmosphere sucking...but gives me hope that we can strive for it.

If we are going to be a smaller fish in this conference, we have GOT to do the little things right to separate ourselves where our recruiting and budget can't. Atmosphere should be a top priority, and we currently suck at it.

11 am and 3 pm games will do that for you!

6, 6:30, and 7pm starts let the majority of the fans get lathered up. 8 on this Saturday against Bama means our older fans(I?m one) will be asleep by 3rd Qtr. Can?t believe I am saying this but we need staggered ticket pricing so our younger alumni can afford to take their 8-12 year olds!

LC Dawg
09-25-2023, 09:52 PM
I'm sure that since we are an SEC school Zac Selmon assumed we knew what the hell we were doing in regards to hosting a major college football game and thought he may just tweak some things. Hopefully he sees how far behind we are and is putting plans together for next year. It's too late for anything major this year.

DawgFromOxford
09-26-2023, 10:50 AM
I have an innovative idea that I absolutely believe would transform the in-game experience.
I would love to have it developed at and introduced by Mississippi State.
I currently have a reason to use it at a project for the University of Tennessee next fall, but I would rather it be a State thing, obviously.
(If we could get it done, we could license it to UT for that project.)
I would want to retain the ability to license it to other venues (stadiums, arenas, theatres). Could be used and licensed to venues from secondary school through universities and to major concerts/events.
It would use a phone app and would be spectacular.
The licensing alone could fund NIL effectively. It could be our "Gatorade."

Who at State could I trust to develop it with me and not cheat me?

(Need to check patents to make sure it hasn't been done -- but I've never seen it or heard of it.)

Reach out to the E-Center on campus.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2023, 10:57 AM

^^^This^^^

GoDawgz
09-26-2023, 10:58 AM
Their crowd was amazingly loud....... and so was that freaking rooster that they blared out all 300 times during the game. Talk about artificial noise makers!

RocketDawg
09-26-2023, 11:13 AM
Their crowd was amazingly loud....... and so was that freaking rooster that they blared out all 300 times during the game. Talk about artificial noise makers!

Is the rooster worse than the elephant noise at Tuscaloosa?

Cooterpoot
09-26-2023, 11:49 AM
Win games, that's all I'm worried about. Selmon has a group to work on gameday stuff. File your complaints there.
Beer is too expensive is mine.

DawgFromOxford
09-26-2023, 12:14 PM
Win games, that's all I'm worried about. Selmon has a group to work on gameday stuff. File your complaints there.
Beer is too expensive is mine.

Winning games also helps. Games are way more fun and atmosphere is always better if you?re winning compared to losing

StarkVegasSteve
09-26-2023, 01:09 PM
11 am and 3 pm games will do that for you!

6, 6:30, and 7pm starts let the majority of the fans get lathered up. 8 on this Saturday against Bama means our older fans(I?m one) will be asleep by 3rd Qtr. Can?t believe I am saying this but we need staggered ticket pricing so our younger alumni can afford to take their 8-12 year olds!

If tickets do not become more affordable you are going to price out the 22-28 yr olds in your alumni base from coming to games. I mean a hotel, ticket, food, etc. for one weekend in Starkville will run you 400-800 dollars and young alumni do not have the disposable income to be able to swing that if they do not already have built in tickets or a place to stay. I am lucky enough to have both but coming from Dallas it is not exactly cheap. Our university also does a terrible job making it a thing for young alumni to come back to campus. Ole Miss on the other hand, openly embraces the young alumni because they know that is where the future funding will come from.

BulldogBear
09-26-2023, 01:13 PM
I was there and loved the atmosphere, but it was no better or louder than DWS when we are all in and fired up as a crowd. That's the issue.

As to the comparison of MAROON-WHITE vs GAME-COCKS cheer...to be fair they have guidance up on the big screen. Also, the first three rounds each time is mostly a recording thru the speakers. It's not fully the crowd until the fourth and following rounds of each iteration.

But let's not miss an opportunity to sh*t on MSU.

StarkVegasSteve
09-26-2023, 01:16 PM
I was there and loved the atmosphere, but it was no better or louder than DWS when we are all in and fired up as a crowd. That's the issue.

To the comment on GAME-COCKS cheer...to be fair they have guidance up on the big screen. Also, the first the rounds each time is mostly a recording thru the speakers. It's not fully the crowd until the fourth and following rounds of each iteration.

But let's not miss an opportunity to sh*t on MSU.

I think the initial point most are trying to make, and I made it Sunday, was that our crowd is never fired up. Half the west side sits for the entire game and bitches when someone stands up. Now, that is completely their right to get mad since they bought the tickets but people want to know why our atmosphere sucks compared to other SEC schools and that is as big a part of it as any. Hell I saw it happen Saturday night. The State people were getting mad at other State people for standing up and cheering.

Lord McBuckethead
09-26-2023, 02:41 PM
I've heard a lot of people not want the flashing lights. Mostly from the 60 and up crew.

60s and up crew no longer get a say. After what they do to the hump every single game.

Lord McBuckethead
09-26-2023, 02:44 PM
How about win games. Just win games and the atmosphere will be there.
We cannot give up 31 for 35 passing and then follow that up with a pretty much perfect 24 for 26 passing or whatever it was and expect our fans to be hyped for a game.

No one was complaining in 2014 for the first 9 games of the season about our atmosphere. Not a single fan or media type.

Churchill
09-26-2023, 03:24 PM

I remember during the Croom years when if there were no old folks at the game there wouldn't have been anybody there. Like or not they are State's most loyal fans day in and day out.

RocketDawg
09-26-2023, 03:42 PM
60s and up crew no longer get a say. After what they do to the hump every single game.

I'm over 60 and have no problem with the flashing lights. Not sure if a maroon LED is manufactured though.

BulldogBear
09-26-2023, 03:52 PM

I was right under a speaker. I'm eating chicken every night this week.

GoDawgz
09-26-2023, 04:08 PM
Is the rooster worse than the elephant noise at Tuscaloosa?

Without question! Its such a piercing noise!

GoDawgz
09-26-2023, 04:09 PM
I was right under a speaker. I'm eating chicken every night this week.

Haha it definitely make you want to exterminate some chickens!

Pancho
09-26-2023, 06:43 PM
big screen solves so much

coachnorm
09-26-2023, 07:53 PM
I have paid attention to fellow elitedoggers and the first thing I noticed was that “Maroon – White” thing and it makes sense to me. After a good ensemble of music that gets the crowd fired up, all gets dowsed with cold water with that Maroon – White thing. Exactly who really gives a damn about that “Maroon – White” thing? When I fly out to Starkville, that pregame Maroon – White” thing just seems out of place.

Exactly who gives a damn about the other sports during a college football game. Fellow elitedoggers gave an example of “Could you direct your attention to etc.” to show other sports participants robbing the pom squad of their well-deserved attention. This time slot is MSU version of Hollywood to entertain the non-geriatric crowd. Why are is pom squad even there if they are not featured?

Fellow elitedoggers brought up commercials being rammed down our throats. If you are at home, you can escape commercials by changing the channel for 3 or 4 minutes. At the game you have no escape. BTW, I have attended about 30 Holiday Bowl/Poinsettia Bowls in San Diego and main reason I stopped was commercials being imposed on the scoreboard.

As I posted before, does MSU have a targeted audience for in game experience or is MSU just locked in the past without motivation. From what fellow elitedoggers stated, South Carolina has hit the target.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2023, 08:57 PM
I have paid attention to fellow elitedoggers and the first thing I noticed was that “Maroon – White” thing and it makes sense to me. After a good ensemble of music that gets the crowd fired up, all gets dowsed with cold water with that Maroon – White thing. Exactly who really gives a damn about that “Maroon – White” thing? When I fly out to Starkville, that pregame Maroon – White” thing just seems out of place.

Exactly who gives a damn about the other sports during a college football game. Fellow elitedoggers gave an example of “Could you direct your attention to etc.” to show other sports participants robbing the pom squad of their well-deserved attention. This time slot is MSU version of Hollywood to entertain the non-geriatric crowd. Why are is pom squad even there if they are not featured?

Fellow elitedoggers brought up commercials being rammed down our throats. If you are at home, you can escape commercials by changing the channel for 3 or 4 minutes. At the game you have no escape. BTW, I have attended about 30 Holiday Bowl/Poinsettia Bowls in San Diego and main reason I stopped was commercials being imposed on the scoreboard.

As I posted before, does MSU have a targeted audience for in game experience or is MSU just locked in the past without motivation. From what fellow elitedoggers stated, South Carolina has hit the target.

Leadership believes fun isn't wholesome and it will cost'm a dollar. The constant military focus is too much too (I said what I said). They think this is a damn community event instead of entertainment and why they've got money now.

LC Dawg
09-26-2023, 09:04 PM
How about win games. Just win games and the atmosphere will be there.
We cannot give up 31 for 35 passing and then follow that up with a pretty much perfect 24 for 26 passing or whatever it was and expect our fans to be hyped for a game.

No one was complaining in 2014 for the first 9 games of the season about our atmosphere. Not a single fan or media type.

SC was 1-2. They have a history of great crowds even during down years.
Winning does help but even in 2014 we had down times during the games due to lame ass commercials and "direct your attention to the field".

MagicDawg
09-26-2023, 09:16 PM
The M-W cheer desperately needs some theatre and some structure. It needs to build in tempo and have an actual ending. Something with even a simplistic rhythm but that ends on purpose and doesn't just peter out. It would be even better if the band had a part that went along with it for pregame.

Maroon! (2 - 3 - 4) White! (2 - 3 - 4)
Maroon! (2) White! (4) Maroon! (2) White! (4)
Mis-sis-sip-pi State!

Just for kicks and giggles, see attached. It's just a thought but the point is to give it some kind of framerwork instead of just petering out like a balloon running out of air.

Pinto
09-26-2023, 09:19 PM
We have too many GAs with headsets and hardons running around trying to feel overly important to have a good game atmosphere.

Just once I?d like to see the team just bust out of the locker room doors and bust ass onto the field. Instead slow out the locker room door. Go to roll up door and wait. Go to field and wait. Then run out. Total suckage.

When is the last time we had a new pregame show, especially the band. Same damn one from when I was a student 30 years ago.

The whole game is scripted out like a made for tv show. Through those damn scripts away and let?s have a football game.

MagicDawg
09-26-2023, 09:29 PM
Pregame has been changed multiple times since the 80s and 90s. I remember a whole featured song during pregame, plus playing the visiting team's fight song if they didn't bring their band!

The band's pregame show is an actual tradition, not a made-up one. It should stay essentially fixed -- fanfare, State spellout, MSU/Go-State, Madelon, Hey Song (which is relatively new), and Hail State. Core MSU stuff.

Cut the recorded crap. "Bad to the Bone" -- that can go. Add a meaningful crowd cheer instead of the maroon-white-limpness we currently have.

Frankly, though -- all of it would be fine as is if everyone would get up and do their part.

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2023, 09:33 PM
The M-W cheer desperately needs some theatre and some structure. It needs to build in tempo and have an actual ending. Something with even a simplistic rhythm but that ends on purpose and doesn't just peter out. It would be even better if the band had a part that went along with it for pregame.

Maroon! (2) White! (4) Maroon! (2) White! (4)
Mis-sis-sip-pi State!

Just for kicks and giggles, see attached. It's just a thought but the point is to give it some kind of framerwork instead of just petering out like a balloon running out of air.

I disagree with this. The Maroon-White cheer works best when it is organic, not when it is organized and encouraged. When it just builds out of of the crowd and the whole place is into it it sounds great.

MagicDawg
09-26-2023, 09:42 PM
I disagree with this. The Maroon-White cheer works best when it is organic, not when it is organized and encouraged. When it just builds out of of the crowd and the whole place is into it it sounds great.

I see your point. I just hate the way they do it on the field. It fizzles badly.

State82
09-27-2023, 08:47 AM

For sure. Kinda like "L-S-U" when it just starts up and then the whole crowd gets going throughout the venue.

R2Dawg
09-27-2023, 11:10 AM

Agree but I'll add this. Hearing the Maroon-White cheer from inside the locker room is special. That would fire me up. Still remember when we did it at Florida while Urban was speaking. Seen it with out players too. The lockerroom is ready to bust thru a brick wall as Maroon White echos in the background as coach finished his speech. Croom in 07 Bama as good as it gets.

R2Dawg
09-27-2023, 11:14 AM
We have too many GAs with headsets and hardons running around trying to feel overly important to have a good game atmosphere.

Just once I?d like to see the team just bust out of the locker room doors and bust ass onto the field. Instead slow out the locker room door. Go to roll up door and wait. Go to field and wait. Then run out. Total suckage.

When is the last time we had a new pregame show, especially the band. Same damn one from when I was a student 30 years ago.

The whole game is scripted out like a made for tv show. Through those damn scripts away and let?s have a football game.

Yeah. Every team has their thing scripted out so no difference than anywhere else.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2023, 12:29 PM
We do what the wealthy blue hairs want. You young guys need to hit it big and take over. The blue hairs bitch about cow bells, load music, and standing up and cheering. Don't disturb their naps and poor ole State attitudes. It's gotten them what they want forever.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 01:08 PM
We need Kenzaki Jones brought in to teach the current team how to do the "Dawg Pound Rock", ( and explain its history), properly with true emotion or drop the whole thing. JMO.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 01:15 PM
We do what the wealthy blue hairs want. You young guys need to hit it big and take over. The blue hairs bitch about cow bells, load music, and standing up and cheering. Don't disturb their naps and poor ole State attitudes. It's gotten them what they want forever.

I saw my first game in Memphis with my late Superdawg Dad (ground floor of Bulldog Club creation) in 1963. Thanks to him we have had season tickets ( 8 to 12 per year for about 56 years and going on 4 generations). i am a '77 State grad and my son '23 and now in MSU grad school. I had shoulder length shag and full beard at State but now not a "blue hair", but still bearded but now a "no hair" on top. I have been fortunate to attend about every home game since about 1969 or so, several road games and a few bowls (One Sec Championship game under Jackie). I snuck my cowbell into all games ( Jackie autographed, "Bring To All Games!") even when it was "banned" and continue to ring (responsibly) at all games. I yell when the opposing center kneels over the ball. My party stands often through the games. Maybe you are sitting with the wrong set of "blue hairs, who without their support we wouldn't have fought to achieve the success we have had at times in many sports. On the fan experience, which i saw in a post on SPS and agree with 100%. Our stadium is pieced together and the layout on the West side is now outdated. We sit in section 4 and our all sections are some off the longest in any stadium. It is hard to view all plays due to the constant foot traffic to and from the concessions and restrooms. Beer sales and the need to go to the restrooms more often combined with small bladders hasn't helped!**** These sections need to be split with another aisle or the West side totally rebuilt asap. I don't go the the games to watch on the Jumbotrons due to the constant hikers in front of me. Sorry for "War & Peace" post. Hail State!

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2023, 01:36 PM
Agree but I'll add this. Hearing the Maroon-White cheer from inside the locker room is special. That would fire me up. Still remember when we did it at Florida while Urban was speaking. Seen it with out players too. The lockerroom is ready to bust thru a brick wall as Maroon White echos in the background as coach finished his speech. Croom in 07 Bama as good as it gets.

I was in that crowd at UF - and that is the loudest I've ever heard msu fans in an away venue until the CWS in '21.

Mjoelner34
09-27-2023, 04:06 PM
Pregame has been changed multiple times since the 80s and 90s. I remember a whole featured song during pregame, plus playing the visiting team's fight song if they didn't bring their band!

That was happening back in the mid 80's when I was a student. I was like "WTF are we doing?!" Now I'm not one to get up in opposing fan's faces and flip them off and threaten them with my bell but I'll be damned if I'll be overly hospitable and help them get fired up before the game. I usually just ignore them.

Cut the recorded crap. "Bad to the Bone" -- that can go. Add a meaningful crowd cheer instead of the maroon-white-limpness we currently have.
YES!!!!!

The "More Cowbell" skit is showing its age and looks bad but "Bad to the Bone" is cringeworthy and the forced "Maroon and White" cheer takes it to another level.

lastmajordog
09-29-2023, 08:49 PM
del

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2023, 03:02 PM
Well people can talk about this and that but they have to show up.

Nobody here. Campus is extremely sleepy at 3pm. People I normally see tailgating, been here all 3 games, not here. Wow.

TUSK
09-30-2023, 03:33 PM
Well people can talk about this and that but they have to show up.

Nobody here. Campus is extremely sleepy at 3pm. People I normally see tailgating, been here all 3 games, not here. Wow.

Ya seein' many of them meth smokin', shine swillin', kuzin' marryin' Bammers there?

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Ya seein' many of them meth smokin', shine swillin', kuzin' marryin' Bammers there?

I'd say...30% of the "crowd" so far.

Offshore Dawg
09-30-2023, 04:12 PM

Trash truck came by earlier.

lastmajordog
09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
I’ll get hate from BullDOG club, but best atmosphere was when regualar fans could tailgate along the old RR track underneath the oaks. Like when the DOGS beat the lSU tigahs under the lights of the first night game at Davis Wade......The Juction NEEDS to plant lots of hardwood trees......