PDA

View Full Version : Per Cole Cubelic

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 09:43 AM
Barbay went to Rogers and asked him what concepts and throws from last year he liked. They game planned around that.

Like I said, the AR is viciously deadly when people respect other aspects of the game. We needed more runs and mix in other aspects. Barbay has the ability and chance to create something new that will work at MSU!

Goldendawg
09-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Let's see how Barbay game plans against teams with better secondaries than USCe first. Long tough season still ahead and our D is horrible.

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Barbay went to Rogers and asked him what concepts and throws from last year he liked.

Seems like that would be a training camp question.

Goldendawg
09-25-2023, 09:51 AM

Too busy playing, "Paper, Rock, Scissors"?***

BeardoMSU
09-25-2023, 09:51 AM

Yeah...

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 09:57 AM

I would think so. It shows a lack of watching us from last year and understand Leach. At the same time, it shows that he is willing to do what it takes to produce or that Arnett got on that ***. Now will he stick with it?

I expect us to be 3-3 going into by week. Every game after that we should be in due to the offense. We need the defense to get better.

Goldendawg
09-25-2023, 09:59 AM
We also need Creed and Tulu on the field together. It is becoming obvious who our best receivers are and that the rotation needs to be cut down asap. Our former 4th string GA TE is also a waste of playing time as he can neither block or catch. No catches at GA or here. #81 is only TE that has a catch and he is really WR size. But, keep trying to pound square TE's into round holes, as per the the JoMo playbook.

Goldendawg
09-25-2023, 10:02 AM
I would think so. It shows a lack of watching us from last year and understand Leach. At the same time, it shows that he is willing to do what it takes to produce or that Arnett got on that ***. Now will he stick with it?

I expect us to be 3-3 going into by week. Every game after that we should be in due to the offense. We need the defense to get better.

I think college OC's have caught up with the 3-3-5. Also it doesn't work without shut down CD's (see JLD's last years at State) and we also have very slow LB's.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 10:12 AM
We also need Creed and Tulu on the field together. It is becoming obvious who our best receivers are and that the rotation needs to be cut down asap. Our former 4th string GA TE is also a waste of playing time as he can neither block or catch. No catches at GA or here. #81 is only TE that has a catch and he is really WR size. But, keep trying to pound square TE's into round holes, as per the the JoMo playbook.

Yeah, we need to cultivate a ground game with what we saw this weekend past. Not waste time trying to turn cabbage into lemonade. If we get a run game and balance, that is 60/40 pass to run, we are going to be hard to beat.

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2023, 10:17 AM
We also need Creed and Tulu on the field together.

Too bad that's not possible, coaches say can't do that because they play the same position. I wish I was joking.

MBDawg601
09-25-2023, 10:28 AM
Too bad that's not possible, coaches say can't do that because they play the same position. I wish I was joking.

All that keeps running through my mind while reading this is when Wright came into the SELA game and Rogers lined up at Wide out. Lmao

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 10:31 AM
All that keeps running through my mind while reading this is when Wright came into the SELA game and Rogers lined up at Wide out. Lmao

hahahaha! Man I was like what am I watching here! It's the dumbest play ever invented.

NCDawg
09-25-2023, 10:57 AM
I think college OC's have caught up with the 3-3-5. Also it doesn't work without shut down CD's (see JLD's last years at State) and we also have very slow LB's.

I did see Johnson get to the QB one time Saturday night. Most of the time you see the DL struggling trying to get by the OL but can't, and if the LB's try to blitz, they get knocked down. The QB stands back and looks and if nobody is open, he can take off and most of the time we can't catch him until he's gained a lot of yardage.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-25-2023, 11:34 AM

Barbay probably didn't ask Will because the offense was humming against this shit D in practice and they thought it would work against other teams. Now that we've been hit in the mouth, we're adapting and showing signs of improvement. Let's see where it goes.

I don't understand why the offense is getting more blame than the D. The D is running the same system, with a lot of returning players.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 11:45 AM
Barbay probably didn't ask Will because the offense was humming against this shit D in practice and they thought it would work against other teams. Now that we've been hit in the mouth, we're adapting and showing signs of improvement. Let's see where it goes.

I don't understand why the offense is getting more blame than the D. The D is running the same system, with a lot of returning players.

The problem is the Defense. AZ showed LSU what to do, and LSU showed USCe what to do. We have to change the Defense to give a different look. I personally want to see this D sell out to the run vs Bama. If we can do that and get some stops and get to Milroe we have the ability to be in the game.

Santiago
09-25-2023, 12:23 PM

Agree. Barbay should have had that worked out back in camp.
And he only resorted to some previous year plays after being on the hot seat with His offense.

So why didn't Arnett just keep the staff from last year, but implement running schemes?

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2023, 12:27 PM
So why didn't Arnett just keep the staff from last year, but implement running schemes?

I think we saw the ceiling of the old staff. Hopefully we are at the floor of this one.

Todd4State
09-25-2023, 12:41 PM
I think we saw the ceiling of the old staff. Hopefully we are at the floor of this one.

Eh. I think we would have improved with a QB that is more inclined to push the ball down the field more.

KB21
09-25-2023, 12:53 PM

Syracuse and Nebraska are both running the Rocky Long 3-3-5 and are top 30 in the country in defensive PPP.

PMDawg
09-25-2023, 01:09 PM

Goede sucks. He can't block or catch. He's pretty much useless. Spivey was a bigger loss than we realized. We may as well abandon the TE position for the rest of this year.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 01:15 PM
Goede sucks. He can't block or catch. He's pretty much useless. Spivey was a bigger loss than we realized. We may as well abandon the TE position for the rest of this year.

I don't know that we can. We need to keep defenses honest. Get 2 plays from that set and perfect them if you are going to demand we do it as an OC. Allow Ellis his redshirt!

confucius say
09-25-2023, 02:47 PM
Syracuse and Nebraska are both running the Rocky Long 3-3-5 and are top 30 in the country in defensive PPP.

Our problem is way more talent than scheme

Turfdawg67
09-25-2023, 03:01 PM
We also need Creed and Tulu on the field together.

If that game showed us anything, it's that teams will stop stacking the box with 8 because they have to double Tulu. It would seem obvious that to counter that, you put in Creed at the same time. Can't double them both, and it should really open up the run game. We're going to have to put up 30+ to win most games from here on... so let's find a way.

TrapGame
09-25-2023, 03:09 PM
If that game showed us anything, it's that teams will stop stacking the box with 8 because they have to double Tulu. It would seem obvious that to counter that, you put in Creed at the same time. Can't double them both, and it should really open up the run game. We're going to have to put up 30+ to win most games from here on... so let's find a way.

Putting two guys like Tulu and Creed in at the same time should be a no brainer. It puts more stress on the defense for sure.

memsu06
09-25-2023, 03:32 PM
Bench JRob and put Creed in on same play with Tulu. JRob needs to stay benched till he learns routes.

EdwardDrayton
09-25-2023, 04:29 PM

His performance has been especially disappointing with Spivey ineligible

gtowndawg
09-25-2023, 04:42 PM

100% agree, it's all hands on deck. Put your top ballers out there on offense and pray we score enough to win six games.

Pancho
09-25-2023, 06:48 PM
I'm cool with Barbay asking wrogers that but it should have been done in the spring*********

TheLostDawg
09-25-2023, 08:58 PM

Good to know where we need to hire a DC from next year

Bothrops
09-25-2023, 09:01 PM
I don't see how we'll be able to throw at all this week. I'd use all the Rbs otherwise someone is gonna get hurt.

Coach34
09-25-2023, 09:13 PM
Putting two guys like Tulu and Creed in at the same time should be a no brainer. It puts more stress on the defense for sure.

Stop with the Creed BS. He doesnt block well and is not very good with the playbook at this point. If he was awesome he would be playing more.

confucius say
09-25-2023, 09:17 PM
Stop with the Creed BS. He doesnt block well and is not very good with the playbook at this point. If he was awesome he would be playing more.

He's a better blocker than 88.

Coach34
09-25-2023, 09:29 PM
He's a better blocker than 88.

Not according to anybody associated with the offense. The comment was- "Creek couldnt block a 12 yr old girl"

TrapGame
09-26-2023, 02:04 PM

Seems like a lot of guys aren't very good with the play book yet. I'd take Creed over Goede any ****ing day.

EdwardDrayton
09-26-2023, 04:02 PM
Seems like a lot of guys aren't very good with the play book yet. I'd take Creed over Goede any ****ing day.

Goede and his volleyball girlfriend should switch; both teams instantly would be more talented.

TrapGame
09-26-2023, 04:06 PM
Goede and his volleyball girlfriend should switch; both teams instantly would be more talented.

Can she play safety? ****

(Seriously, she'd probably be faster than all the guys in our secondary.)

RiverCityDawg
09-26-2023, 04:19 PM

Wife not girlfriend, but otherwise spot on.

KB21
09-26-2023, 04:20 PM
Not according to anybody associated with the offense. The comment was- "Creek couldnt block a 12 yr old girl"

Creed can actually make plays in the passing game. That gives him a big advantage over anyone we can line up at TE outside of Harmon.

basedog
09-26-2023, 04:44 PM
Gotta get Creed involved somehow.

Coach34
09-26-2023, 08:28 PM
Creed can actually make plays in the passing game.

Yes- this is true. But thats not what the discussion was about

confucius say
09-26-2023, 10:21 PM

The discussion was about whether creed puts more stress on the defense. I would think you agree he does.
You brought blocking and playbook knowledge into the discussion.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 08:16 AM

10000% that's what it is about. Running less 12 and 11 and more 10.

basedog
09-27-2023, 08:17 AM
Obviously, our newest coaches (a few) haven't done much research, forcing one's offense on a veteran team and now asking what patterns do u like is kinda "iffy" to me.