PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here first?

preachermatt83
09-25-2023, 02:23 AM
State pulls off the upset this week and beats bama. I don?t think we are very good. I think we win 6 games max. But I just feel like we have a legit chance this week. I don?t know why. Just a feeling in my bones

DownwardDawg
09-25-2023, 04:51 AM
Lol. Don't be drinking on a Sunday night preacher!!!!

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2023, 05:44 AM
I'm not feeling it yet.... but I'm sure come Saturday .... Proverbs 26:11 will be in order.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
09-25-2023, 06:52 AM
I feel it every year but end up being disappointed.

msstate7
09-25-2023, 06:54 AM
We can't stop the run (or pass), and Alabama is gonna run about 70% of the time Saturday night...

Bama 28
State 13

SteelCurtain74
09-25-2023, 07:16 AM
State pulls off the upset this week and beats bama. I don?t think we are very good. I think we win 6 games max. But I just feel like we have a legit chance this week. I don?t know why. Just a feeling in my bones

So you're saying "You believe". I think I've seen that movie play out before. It doesn't have a happy ending.

I see it Bama 30 MSU 13

viverlibre
09-25-2023, 07:21 AM
Seems this is a statement more than a question, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2023, 07:34 AM
If Milroe throws us the ball a couple times, maybe. If they play clean, no shot.

basedog
09-25-2023, 07:40 AM
Speed kills and so does drinking, Bama's defense is way better, Nick still on sideline is a huge difference.

Dental Dawg33
09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Ha.....Haha.......Hahahahahahahahah

Matt3467
09-25-2023, 08:12 AM
Ya'll aren't ready for the offensive clinic Bama is going to put on us.

CaptainObvious
09-25-2023, 08:14 AM
Last time State best Saban and and Bama Croom was our coach 16 years ago. And there was no such thing as Targeting!

Hmmmmm. It could happen.

bulldawg28
09-25-2023, 08:32 AM
If we line up with Safeties covering their WR it will be LSU 2.0

Offshore Dawg
09-25-2023, 08:35 AM

Back to your bottle preacher, no divine intervention this coming weekend !!!

starkvegasdawg
09-25-2023, 08:44 AM
I don't think those were portabellos you ate last night.

ZedFedder
09-25-2023, 08:50 AM
We just thought Daniels ran all over us. Milroe could be a legitimate SEC running back? I shudder at the thought!

GoDawgz
09-25-2023, 09:06 AM
Rush 3 drop 8 the entire ball game.
Make Milroe beat you throwing the ball.
Spy Preston on Milroe and keep him in the pocket.
Hopefully Barbay has figured out that the tools you have fit the air raid more that the pro-set.
Force feed the ball to Tulu!
Bama is not as scary as they have been......but its still the team with that A on their chest......and that beats a lot of teams by itself.

msstate7
09-25-2023, 09:07 AM
Rush 3 drop 8 the entire ball game.
Make Milroe beat you throwing the ball.
Spy Preston on Milroe and keep him in the pocket.
Hopefully Barbay has figured out that the tools you have fit the air raid more that the pro-set.
Force feed the ball to Tulu!
Bama is not as scary as they have been......but its still the team with that A on their chest......and that beats a lot of teams by itself.

They will run for 500 yards if we do that

dawgday166
09-25-2023, 09:28 AM
We can't stop the run (or pass), and Alabama is gonna run about 70% of the time Saturday night...

Bama 28
State 13

a) Bama scores more than 28.
b) We score less than 13.

Goldendawg
09-25-2023, 09:35 AM
I have the same sick feeling attending/watching our games as I had in the Croom/JoMo years. Maybe even Shira, Felker, or last 3 Jackie years. Very sad to have that feeling again. Hope you're right, Preacherman. We will be there no matter what. Hail State! P.S. So far, this in over its head staff and depleted "D" (poor recruiting last few years?) has made it easy to exit the parking lot if you stay for the entire game.

GoDawgz
09-25-2023, 09:38 AM
They will run for 500 yards if we do that

If they dont keep Milroe in the pocket, he might run for 500 by himself.
At the very least State can make him look like an all world QB throwing and running like it has been the last 3 weeks.
Its pick your poison at this point because the D isnt talented or fast enough to shut down both the running and passing QB.
The only way the get pressure on the QB is if he's not mobile because they cant shed blocks....which leads to the QB running for 10, 15, 20 because the DB's are running man on man with the WR's with their backs to the line of scrimmage and both LB's are hung up on blocks with the OL because they were sent on a gap blitz.
But hey, what do I know, I am not making the money that the coaches are making. Ha.

Dental Dawg33
09-25-2023, 11:30 AM
I drank the kool-aid before the LSU game when deep down I knew what was going to happen. Bammer is going to throttle us, unfortunately. I'd love to feast on crow Sunday am but we've been down this road far too many times.

BlackSailsDawg
09-25-2023, 11:33 AM
If they dont keep Milroe in the pocket, he might run for 500 by himself.
At the very least State can make him look like an all world QB throwing and running like it has been the last 3 weeks.
Its pick your poison at this point because the D isnt talented or fast enough to shut down both the running and passing QB.
The only way the get pressure on the QB is if he's not mobile because they cant shed blocks....which leads to the QB running for 10, 15, 20 because the DB's are running man on man with the WR's with their backs to the line of scrimmage and both LB's are hung up on blocks with the OL because they were sent on a gap blitz.
But hey, what do I know, I am not making the money that the coaches are making. Ha.

Anything less than selling out to stop the run and living with the results would be stupid on the part of this staff.

Jarius
09-25-2023, 11:38 AM

Our OL will not be able to block their front. We will need some really big turnovers on the other side of the field to have a chance.

R2Dawg
09-25-2023, 11:54 AM
Anything less than selling out to stop the run and living with the results would be stupid on the part of this staff.

That is true all day. Make Milroe beat you with his arm. Can't let them run on us. Milroe might can but if we stack the box and blitz Milroe, he will make some mistakes and that is our only chance.

I do like the Preston spy on Milroe. Preston has turned into a nasty hitter at safety and has decent speed for a safety. Banks might not be bad spy either.

Todd4State
09-25-2023, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing we lose like 45-0.

parabrave
09-25-2023, 01:27 PM
Will is going to have to roll out the majority of the game or he will get killed back there.

Turfdawg67
09-25-2023, 03:04 PM
As I said to the poster that predicted that we'd beat LSU... Preacher, that's probably gas you are feeling.

Bama- 45
Dawgs- 9

Matt3467
09-25-2023, 03:58 PM
Will is going to have to roll out the majority of the game or he will get killed back there.

Will doesn't do well on the run. If that's the case it could get uglier than I imagine it will be.

DownwardDawg
09-25-2023, 03:59 PM
I'm guessing we lose like 45-0.

Yeah me too. We just need to come out healthy.

EdwardDrayton
09-25-2023, 04:10 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/s2rjQWQB/IMG-5359.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

dawgday166
09-25-2023, 06:39 PM
Yeah me too. We just need to come out healthy.

Maybe if we didn't we might find some guys somewhere on our roster who can play football.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2023, 09:38 PM
Preacher, Don't let the fact that we have Croom again and Bama has John Parker Wilson, confuse you in to thinking the result will be the same.

The Tide will roll us up and spit us out.

Nothing helps a mid QB like our defense. Milroe will go 17-20 or something (only bc he won't need to throw more), and they will all praise him for "figuring it out"....only to find out he didn't figure anything out, just faced our D.

Crimson 41
Croom, Son 6

DownwardDawg
09-25-2023, 09:40 PM
Maybe if we didn't we might find some guys somewhere on our roster who can play football.

Damn. Harsh, but reality set in when I read that.

preachermatt83
09-26-2023, 12:53 AM
Preacher, Don't let the fact that we have Croom again and Bama has John Parker Wilson, confuse you in to thinking the result will be the same.

The Tide will roll us up and spit us out.

Nothing helps a mid QB like our defense. Milroe will go 17-20 or something (only bc he won't need to throw more), and they will all praise him for "figuring it out"....only to find out he didn't figure anything out, just faced our D.

Crimson 41
Croom, Son 6

lol. That’s actually kinda what I was thinking. The Jp Wilson / croom comparison.

ZedFedder
09-26-2023, 09:20 AM
Bama?s defense is legit.

38-13 Bama.

TrapGame
09-26-2023, 10:41 AM
ole miss scored 7 points in the 1st quarter and 3 points the rest of the game. I'd love Will to show some arm and connect with Tulu for a couple of touchdowns.

Bama might come in a little lethargic but even with their C game they win by two touchdowns.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2023, 11:19 AM
Just hope we can score. No QB has thrown a TD against Bama since Dak I don't think.

Maverick91
09-26-2023, 11:35 AM
I obviously care if we win this game. But I won’t be terribly mad if we actually just make it a game for once. I am so sick of being run out of the building from the first whistle. Just to look competent and like we can hang at this point in our history with them is a win.

Now saying this gosh it would be sweet to win!

PGHBulldogBG
09-27-2023, 12:02 PM
The only good thing after this game we get Bama and LSU over with. There is nothing on the schedule moving forward that I see as a for sure loss after Bama. That being said I don?t think we win the rest. @aTm and @ark are probably the toughest two left but I don?t think either one of them ends the year top 20, so I?m not counting either as definite losses. Of course the egg bowl is always a toss up no matter the records. Bama and LSU will eventually end up somewhere in the top 10 come years end.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 01:53 PM
The only good thing after this game we get Bama and LSU over with. There is nothing on the schedule moving forward that I see as a for sure loss after Bama. That being said I don?t think we win the rest. @aTm and @ark are probably the toughest two left but I don?t think either one of them ends the year top 20, so I?m not counting either as definite losses. Of course the egg bowl is always a toss up no matter the records. Bama and LSU will eventually end up somewhere in the top 10 come years end.

As for future scheduling, I will be more than glad to cease our 150* consecutive game streaks of playing both bama and LSU. Will be a nice change of pace to take our chances witn OK and TX.

parabrave
09-27-2023, 03:36 PM

Don't overlook Kentucky.

PGHBulldogBG
09-27-2023, 04:30 PM
Don't overlook Kentucky.

We should find out more about Kentucky this Saturday. They are a solid team but I would hope we beat them at home. If not that would be a bad loss barring them being better than expected

lastmajordog
09-27-2023, 04:52 PM
In all honesty, om outplayed Bama first half, but Bama went back to old Bama. Physical, running and timely passing and relentless punch in the mouth defense. We missed our chance to beat old bama a couple times under Mullen and then once under JoeMo (I?m still chapped about that....you?re welcome Clemson). I don?t see any way that happens with this team, I hate being pessimist/realist.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2023, 04:58 PM
So we beat Bama to go 3-2 with W Michigan, USM, KY, Ark, A&M, & OM left on our schedule but we're only going to win 6? Huh?

lastmajordog
09-27-2023, 05:02 PM
del

Offshore Dawg
09-30-2023, 11:50 AM

NFW

Offshore Dawg
09-30-2023, 11:53 AM
So we beat Bama to go 3-2 with W Michigan, USM, KY, Ark, A&M, & OM left on our schedule but we're only going to win 6? Huh?

What makes you think; Ky, Ark, A&M, and OM are wins.

preachermatt83
09-30-2023, 02:21 PM
What makes you think; Ky, Ark, A&M, and OM are wins.

Lol. Exactly. We go 2-2 in that bunch

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 02:38 PM

You see that from the MSU team we been watching the last 3 weeks do you?

Saltydog
09-30-2023, 03:08 PM
the Spirit.........

You're in excess of both.

Maverick91
09-30-2023, 03:21 PM
You see that from the MSU team we been watching the last 3 weeks do you?

I will tell you want I don’t see is anyone playing week to week better than anyone else.

LSU steamrolls us turn around Arky takes them to the wire.
Arky takes LSU to the wire then get beat bad by A$M today.

Nobody in the SEC is impressing week to week.

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 03:24 PM
I will tell you want I don?t see is anyone playing week to week better than anyone else.

LSU steamrolls us turn around Arky takes them to the wire.
Arky takes LSU to the wire then get beat bad by A$M today.

Nobody in the SEC is impressing week to week.

True but I also see teams with a lot more speed than we seem to have. Teams with new coordinators too. So confusion isn't a great excuse for playing slow in this case.

We'll see what happens. Maybe we'll turn the corner. Gawga is looking pretty meh now but Danielson was talking earlier about how banged up they are on the Oline and how they're kinda patching it together right now.

PGHBulldogBG
09-30-2023, 04:02 PM

At this point I would take 2-2 and be happy