PDA

View Full Version : Has Mullen ever said this? I got it from Bafoon.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2013, 11:01 AM
["Mullen said it himself, that fan base would be ok going 1-11 if their win was against Ole Miss"]

TXDawg
12-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I believe he had a quote similar to that in one of the CL articles leading up to the Egg Bowl. I'm too tired to go look it up, but I remember seeing it.

Bo Darville
12-03-2013, 11:10 AM
He said it, but it was in a certain context. In the context of which it was said, it made sense. He was talking about the importance of a rivalry game, the importance of Egg Bowl week. The importance of bragging rights for a year. Mullen knows that nobody would be happy with 1-11. These are people taking quotes out of context and using them for their personal agenda.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Are they still talking about Mullen and MSU over there? I thought they didn't care about that game?

Haha, they are so damn butthurt that they are contradicting their "we don't care" spin by their continuing to cry.

17-10 and 4 out of the last 5.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ihD8t3_qxmQ/UQ_lFBy9n0I/AAAAAAAApr4/GJtEcbgmTdU/s1600/Point_Laugh.jpeg

TXDawg
12-03-2013, 11:21 AM
He said it, but it was in a certain context. In the context of which it was said, it made sense. He was talking about the importance of a rivalry game, the importance of Egg Bowl week. The importance of bragging rights for a year. Mullen knows that nobody would be happy with 1-11. These are people taking quotes out of context and using them for their personal agenda.

This is correct. The context was relative to the importance of a rivalry game. He also said that we could go 11-1 and if the loss was to OM everyone would think it was a bad season.

FlabLoser
12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Mullen said a bowl game is more important to the overall program than the Egg Bowl, but that the Egg Bowl is more important to individual emotions on the team.

Nobody at either school can deny this. Was Ole Miss more jacked after winning the Egg Bowl last year or were they more excited about beating Pitt?

I was more excited about beating Ole Miss than beating Wake Forest. But Michigan...I dunno, I really liked demolishing a name brand school.

LiterallyPolice
12-03-2013, 11:25 AM
["Mullen said it himself, that fan base would be ok going 1-11 if their win was against Ole Miss"]

As the resident authority of literal statements, it's plain to see that this is a figurative statement. It is hyperbole. Literally speaking, I don't think ANY fan of ANY team would be OK with this scenario. But the point still stands: The egg bowl a very important game to MS State fans (and we're not scared to admit it).

LiterallyPolice
12-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Are they still talking about Mullen and MSU over there? I thought they didn't care about that game?

Haha, they are so damn butthurt that they are contradicting their "we don't care" spin by their continuing to cry.

17-10 and 4 out of the last 5.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ihD8t3_qxmQ/UQ_lFBy9n0I/AAAAAAAApr4/GJtEcbgmTdU/s1600/Point_Laugh.jpeg

I have so many questions about that picture.... why is he in a puffy shirt? And why is he in what appears to be a greenhouse?

deltadawg99
12-03-2013, 11:27 AM
They sure have been spending a lot of time talking about a game that doesn't mean anything to them....

mjh94
12-03-2013, 11:41 AM
yeah, totally different context. he said it as if we happen to have a horrendous year of 0-11 going into the egg bowl, a win against ole miss would make the fanbase feel better. he didn't necessarily say the fanbase would be ok with a 1-11 record.

Dawgtini
12-03-2013, 11:53 AM
He said there were "some fans" not our entire fan base.

hailmari
12-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I have so many questions about that picture.... why is he in a puffy shirt? And why is he in what appears to be a greenhouse?

I had the same question. I'm intrigued by this picture.

gtowndawg
12-03-2013, 11:59 AM
but why?

CadaverDawg
12-03-2013, 12:03 PM
but why?

Haha it is an interesting picture

maroonmania
12-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Mullen said a bowl game is more important to the overall program than the Egg Bowl, but that the Egg Bowl is more important to individual emotions on the team.

Nobody at either school can deny this. Was Ole Miss more jacked after winning the Egg Bowl last year or were they more excited about beating Pitt?

I was more excited about beating Ole Miss than beating Wake Forest. But Michigan...I dunno, I really liked demolishing a name brand school.

I think MAKING a bowl game is more important to the program than the Egg Bowl but the Egg Bowl result is MUCH more important to the program than a bowl game result.