PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky, auburn, and OM

msstate7
09-24-2023, 09:05 AM
I don't think arnett will be fired no matter what happens; but if he wants to keep the fanbase, he needs to take 2 of these 3.

Fix the defense, arnett. Build on last night, barbay

Quaoarsking
09-24-2023, 09:08 AM
Yeah if the bowl streak ends this year, fan morale will be at rock bottom, and it's a bad time for that.

TrapGame
09-24-2023, 09:10 AM
I don't think arnett will be fired no matter what happens; but if he wants to keep the fanbase, he needs to take 2 of these 3.

It looks like the offense is figuring it out. Arnett probably gets next year but he's going to overhaul the defensive coaching. Either he's going to bring in an experienced DC that runs something similar to his defense or he's going to delegate some head coaching duties to some asst. coaches and just takeover the defense as head coach/DC.

Homedawg
09-24-2023, 09:16 AM
It looks like the offense is figuring it out. Arnett probably gets next year but he's going to overhaul the defensive coaching. Either he's going to bring in an experienced DC that runs something similar to his defense or he's going to delegate some head coaching duties to some asst. coaches and just takeover the defense as head coach/DC.

First thing he better do on defense is bring in some players. Period. Way more concerned about talent than I am coaching.

CadaverDawg
09-24-2023, 09:17 AM
No "experienced DC" is going to come and work for a lame duck rookie HC. Arnett is going to have to figure it out on his own I'm afraid.

TrapGame
09-24-2023, 09:18 AM
First thing he better do on defense is bring in some players. Period. Way more concerned about talent than I am coaching.

Then he better hit the portal hard.

Rawdawg
09-24-2023, 09:18 AM
The offense switched to a version of the air raid on the third drive. Axe the pistol, stop having Will roll left, never ever have him run play action with his back to the defense the rest of the season and the offense will be ok.

Defensively we need to make wholesale changes, from scheme to personnel. Figure out who your best athletes are and play them. You?ve got to mask our deficiencies somehow and you do that with athleticism. Who cares if you get out of position or burnt, it?s already happening.

msstate7
09-24-2023, 09:35 AM

We are so slow. I don't think this can be a good defense, but I am hoping we can at least hold teams in the 20s.

Really Clark?
09-24-2023, 09:45 AM
The offense switched to a version of the air raid on the third drive. Axe the pistol, stop having Will roll left, never ever have him run play action with his back to the defense the rest of the season and the offense will be ok.

Defensively we need to make wholesale changes, from scheme to personnel. Figure out who your best athletes are and play them. You?ve got to mask our deficiencies somehow and you do that with athleticism. Who cares if you get out of position or burnt, it?s already happening.

Kind of hard to do that when we are low on athleticism. There's only a few spots where it might help. Lewis to speed rush, Issac learning the position will help more as the season goes on

HoopsDawg
09-24-2023, 09:54 AM
We are so slow. I don't think this can be a good defense, but I am hoping we can at least hold teams in the 20s.

What are we going to do if we go 4-8. Very possible.

CaptainObvious
09-24-2023, 10:04 AM

<never let him turn his back to the defense> This reared it?s ugly head on the last drive before we had to kick the FG. Will faked but then turned completely around the opposite direction and the defense was there and he rushed the throw.

TrapGame
09-24-2023, 10:04 AM
What are we going to do if we go 4-8. Very possible.

If we go 4-8 I think Selmon fires him. It's also a sign to Lemon "You're next." We lose the fan base at 4-8. They aren't coming back. It will be worse than Croom level attendance.

Cooterpoot
09-24-2023, 10:17 AM
Right now, I'm just pissed off. Too many on this staff recruited all these guys that suck and didn't recruit shit at some spots. I lean to starting fresh next year but if we get to 6 wins, fire some guys. My biggest concern is the terrible recruiting. Our recruiting is just so poor. We refuse to spend NIL on players not already on our roster. This staff also thought several of these guys were good that just straight up suck. I think our football program is in trouble and we'll compound the issue by Rick Raying the hell out of it. We don't have the balls to fire people that should be.

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2023, 10:54 AM
We could easily win all 3 and not be very goodn

bulldawg28
09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
He could start by not having the safety guarding the WR's. If he's hellbent on doing so use Banks whose a former corner to guard the WR.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-24-2023, 11:27 AM
We could easily win all 3 and not be very goodn

What does this team do well?

Special teams is elite.

Will seems to be back to his '21 days and WRs have talent.

Other than that? We cna't run block, we can't stop the run, and we can't stop the pass. And we frankly are still bad at pass pro.

so we're supposed to beat 3 SEC teams with an awful D and no run game and inconsistent pass pro? I just don't see it. SC was one of the worst D's we'll face, we need ot get better on the OL to put up 30 on anyone else. ANd we'll need to score 30 because this D won't hold anyone to less than 25

dawgday166
09-24-2023, 11:45 AM
While Arnett and the D staff are trying to figure out how to improve the D and who to play where, I think they need to hit Leach Beach and hard too. Very hard. That will increase speed a little and limber their legs up too. I'm still guessing the offseason and fall camp training was much easier than last few years under Leach, and what we did under Mullen too.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2023, 11:47 AM
He could start by not having the safety guarding the WR's. If he's hellbent on doing so use Banks whose a former corner to guard the WR.

100%! This is where we keep getting burned

Pancho
09-24-2023, 11:48 AM
auburn may be on qb #4 by the time we play them

BankerDog
09-24-2023, 11:51 AM
I?m trying to figure out how to play Purvis and Lewis off edge, drop Banks to replace 4 at CB-bump Smith and Preston to play Safety. Or you have Smith and Banks play safety and have Hunter Washington cover slot. Losing Albert hurt. DL wise?get Dink and Trevion Williams in there and just let them go. Guess we?re back to playing Turners ?guard the gap? philosophy instead of getting into the backfield. I forgot how much of the ?titty bumping? his DL played with.

I?m still confused why we brought in the Purdue kid, Chris Keys, and Jordan Morant.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2023, 11:59 AM
Add aTm to that list. They are bad.

confucius say
09-24-2023, 01:09 PM

Way more a talent issue than coaching

confucius say
09-24-2023, 01:11 PM
Kind of hard to do that when we are low on athleticism. There's only a few spots where it might help. Lewis to speed rush, Issac learning the position will help more as the season goes on

How long is dinkins out?

Same question for Trevion and Washington?

Really Clark?
09-24-2023, 01:24 PM
How long is dinkins out?

Same question for Trevion and Washington?

Probably a couple more weeks before ready to play a good bit

msstate7
09-24-2023, 01:26 PM
Way more a talent issue than coaching

I certainly think talent is an issue (main one), but we should be able to defend better than this. This is horrible

confucius say
09-24-2023, 02:13 PM
Probably a couple more weeks before ready to play a good bit

For all 3?

Really Clark?
09-24-2023, 02:26 PM
For all 3?

No. Washington played last night. Dink and Trevion I think are still a couple of weeks away still.

R2Dawg
09-24-2023, 04:57 PM

Agree. Need 2 of 3 or beat TAMU for one of two SEC wins. We must be 6-6 at least, go bowling or will be bad for our program.

R2Dawg
09-24-2023, 04:59 PM
No. Washington played last night. Dink and Trevion I think are still a couple of weeks away still.

I think Dinkins and Williams can be very good players up front. Need them back soon. Same with Anderson. But we need more D talent next year for sure. We have slipped since 2018 bad. Not at MSU standard here.