PDA

View Full Version : How much does Barbay moving to the booth change things?

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2023, 09:01 AM
Was he finally able to see the WRs running open downfield that we all saw the first couple weeks? It probably helped, but, I think it was also a very bad SC secondary.

TrapGame
09-24-2023, 09:05 AM
I don't think it's a coincidence the offense looked a lot better with him in the booth. I think he was able to communicate with offensive coaches better.

WinningIsRelentless
09-24-2023, 09:15 AM
It tells me he doesn?t trust anyone on the staff to relay what the d is doing in game to him.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2023, 09:19 AM
And it's a lot less hectic than the sidelines. I think it's easier for him to sequence plays when he's just sitting there with a play sheet. Yeah, you give up some personal interaction with the players, but big picture wise, I think the extra situational awareness is worth it.

Todd4State
09-24-2023, 09:51 AM
I think the biggest factor was South Carolina's defense being one of the worst in the SEC.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2023, 09:59 AM
I think the biggest factor was South Carolina's defense being one of the worst in the SEC.

A lot of fans have trouble realizing two things can be true at the same time.

dawgday166
09-24-2023, 11:58 AM
A lot of fans have trouble realizing two things can be true at the same time.

I think both contributed. I think he was on the field 1st couple of drives then went up into the booth. If that's the case, it certainly made a difference.

I always think an OC should be in the booth. The DC is different tho and I think they should be on the field..

StarkVegasSteve
09-24-2023, 12:03 PM
I think both contributed. I think he was on the field 1st couple of drives then went up into the booth. If that's the case, it certainly made a difference.

I always think an OC should be in the booth. The DC is different tho and I think they should be on the field..

He was in the booth the whole game. I did notice Will on the headset with him for a long time after that second drive so it may have been that conversation that sparked something

DownwardDawg
09-24-2023, 12:09 PM

I think they should both be in the booth.

dawgday166
09-24-2023, 12:16 PM
I think they should both be in the booth.

I think defense if more about passion and intensity and a passionate/intense DC on the field is a good thing IMO.

BlackSailsDawg
09-24-2023, 12:54 PM
Was he finally able to see the WRs running open downfield that we all saw the first couple weeks? It probably helped, but, I think it was also a very bad SC secondary.

Not as much as him turning to what we do well. Those concepts looked really familiar.

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2023, 02:37 PM

That environment and it?s the same team that was up 14-3 on UGA. They arent bad. They are better than Auburn A&M and UK. Pretty similar to OM

Maverick91
09-24-2023, 04:26 PM
That environment and it?s the same team that was up 14-3 on UGA. They arent bad. They are better than Auburn A&M and UK. Pretty similar to OM

I think they are better than Pissville U on both sides of the ball.

Todd4State
09-24-2023, 05:19 PM

We'll see. The early returns- which can be very volatile and somewhat unreliable at this point in the season- say that they aren't very good.