PDA

View Full Version : Rock, Paper, Scissors

CadaverDawg
09-24-2023, 08:09 AM
How is nobody talking about the rock, paper, scissors battle session that Arnett held instead of normal practice routine this past week, because "he felt like the guys weren't having fun".

What the actual hell was that?

A few things....

1. Is rock, paper, scissors considered FUN to college kids now days?

2. We don't pay you to play rock, paper, scissors. You're paid to coach football

3. He is sounding extremely JoMo at the moment.

msstate7
09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
What happened?

CadaverDawg
09-24-2023, 08:31 AM
What happened?

Right before the game the crew was talking about how Arnett felt his team wasn't having fun, so instead of the normal practice routine one day this past week, he broke the team into offense and defense and had a rock paper scissors battle.

Shoulda taken them to the water park like Joe.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2023, 08:34 AM
You know what's fun? Winning. Winning is fun, let's do some of that.

CadaverDawg
09-24-2023, 08:36 AM
You know what's fun? Winning. Winning is fun, let's do some of that.

Exactly

Imagine Smart or Saban or any of those guys doing some crap like that.

Me mentioning Saban and Smart in the same discussion with Arnett....

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/503/249/9e2.jpg

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2023, 08:36 AM
Right before the game the crew was talking about how Arnett felt his team wasn't having fun, so instead of the normal practice routine one day this past week, he broke the team into offense and defense and had a rock paper scissors battle.

Shoulda taken them to the water park like Joe.

It's obvious the team was pressing and were in their heads. And I bet it was showing in practice. I've seen coaches do all sorts of crazy shit to break tension and loosen guys up. It's not like he could take them to The Pony and pick up 60 "slump busters" for the night.

CadaverDawg
09-24-2023, 08:40 AM
It's obvious the team was pressing and were in their heads. And I bet it was showing in practice. I've seen coaches do all sorts of crazy shit to break tension and loosen guys up. It's not like he could take them to The Pony and pick up 60 "slump busters" for the night.

Yeah but what we clearly lacked was needing more practice in this scheme.

And let's be honest, that crap is overlooked when you win...but when your D gives up the equivalent of a perfect game to the opposing QB back to back weeks, I personally don't want to hear that they were playing games in practice instead of practicing. They can play games outside of practice. But that's just the ramifications of looking like crap I guess.

SteelCurtain74
09-24-2023, 09:18 AM
Yeah but what we clearly lacked was needing more practice in this scheme.

And let's be honest, that crap is overlooked when you win...but when your D gives up the equivalent of a perfect game to the opposing QB back to back weeks, I personally don't want to hear that they were playing games in practice instead of practicing. They can play games outside of practice. But that's just the ramifications of looking like crap I guess.

If Rock, Paper, Scissors is pissing you off, just wait until they break out the karaoke machine and have everyone sing "I will survive " by Gloria Gaynor. That will get the boys focused for sure.

State82
09-24-2023, 09:30 AM
It's not like he could take them to The Pony and pick up 60 "slump busters" for the night.
Hugh Freeze scoffs at such negativity.

Really Clark?
09-24-2023, 09:39 AM
Judging by the game last, the offenses scissors sliced through the paper defense earlier in the week as well.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2023, 09:42 AM
When they brought it up before the game I was like, well that was a waste of time and couldn?t possibly work. Sometimes you have to let the coach do something dumb like this to prove a point. The point being, all of these guys played football their entire lives. They are good at it. Get out of you head and just play.

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Hugh Freeze scoffs at such negativity.
Well played

Commercecomet24
09-24-2023, 11:11 AM
Ah all coaches do weird stuff from time to time to try and shake things up. If it works you look like a genius if not people call you stupid.

dawgday166
09-24-2023, 11:13 AM
How is nobody talking about the rock, paper, scissors battle session that Arnett held instead of normal practice routine this past week, because "he felt like the guys weren't having fun".

What the actual hell was that?

A few things....

1. Is rock, paper, scissors considered FUN to college kids now days?

2. We don't pay you to play rock, paper, scissors. You're paid to coach football

3. He is sounding extremely JoMo at the moment.

Yea ... I heard that last night and thought the same thing about JoMo.

Really Clark?
09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Ah all coaches do weird stuff from time to time to try and shake things up. If it works you look like a genius if not people call you stupid.

Yeah, I will admit that my players loved pulling out the slip-n-slide to "work" on sliding fundamentals. They loved that practice.

Pancho
09-24-2023, 11:23 AM
Wait til Milroe completes 97% next week

Commercecomet24
09-24-2023, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I will admit that my players loved pulling out the slip-n-slide to "work" on sliding fundamentals. They loved that practice.

Oh yeah the old slip n slide was a great drill for that! I remember Skip Bertman used to keep an old toilet in the dugout so players could ?flush? bad plays lol! It?s like crash davis told nuke laloosh, you have mold on your shower shoes. Win 20 in the show and you?re colorful but right now it just makes you a slob. Same principles.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2023, 01:30 PM

Yeah it's not like that played rock paper scissors for 2 hours instead of practicing. Not a big deal. Hell if we win everyone would be hollering for us to play every week.