PDA

View Full Version : The SEC

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 12:18 PM
IS SO DOWN THIS YEAR.

Watching A$M and BarnEaglePlanesmen play the west is so wide open. Auburn is bad, execution issues, can?t hit the broad side of a barn. A$M can?t get out of their way in plus territory.

It is going to be so encouraging to see us come out and win tonight if we do, this season still can be really good. I am hoping that the potential of changes made this week and players meetings got us right. This can still be a special season, looking forward to seeing arky get destroyed by LSU and bama and pissville U get into a kicking match.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:24 PM
If you?ve watched the sec this year outside of Georgia(and even they?ve had some issues) and no team has looked great. Now there is a lot of talent and teams will improve but right now as bad as we?ve looked we still have a chance to have a very good year based on everyone else?s play. I will say mizzou has been kinda impressive this year so far.

TrapGame
09-23-2023, 12:24 PM
A&M and AU look like Timmy and Jimmy from South Park trying to fight each other.

A&M and Arkansas could be looking for coaches at the end of the year.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:27 PM
A&M and AU look like Timmy and Jimmy from South Park trying to fight each other.

A&M and Arkansas could be looking for coaches at the end of the year.

That?s why I say if you don?t just look at us and how we?ve played you?ll see there?s a bunch of teams just like us.

parabrave
09-23-2023, 12:29 PM
Thank you transfer portal. Can't stock platers anymore which means no continuity of ready to go players. Heck it isn't just us look at Michigan.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
Thank you transfer portal. Can't stock platers anymore which means no continuity of ready to go players. Heck it isn't just us look at Michigan.

Bingo!!!

State82
09-23-2023, 12:34 PM
I will say mizzou has been kinda impressive this year so far.

Yes they have. Makes me kinda jealous. Jealous of Mizzou. Geez

parabrave
09-23-2023, 12:35 PM
That?s why I say if you don?t just look at us and how we?ve played you?ll see there?s a bunch of teams just like us.

And watching the Aubbie QB overthrowing wide open receivers reminds me of a certain QB from last week/

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:36 PM
Yes they have. Makes me kinda jealous. Jealous of Mizzou. Geez

I hear ya! I?ve been impressed with them. They?ve played well on both sides of the ball. I?m interested to see when they hit sec play.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:37 PM
And watching the Aubbie QB overthrowing wide open receivers reminds me of a certain QB from last week/

I?m gonna be honest both these teams look worse than us.

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 12:37 PM
We can get after auburn they have given up 5 sacks this first half.

TrapGame
09-23-2023, 12:41 PM
Auburn is horrible. I thought Freeze would have a better looking offense. This is worse than his first year at ole miss.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2023, 12:49 PM
I?m gonna be honest both these teams look worse than us.

I may have to agree with that. They both look terrible. Jimbo has to be the biggest farce ever in college football. The amount of talent he's had is ridiculous.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2023, 12:49 PM
Lol. Did y'all just hear Mullen when asked about aTm's defense?

TrapGame
09-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Lol. Did y'all just hear Mullen when asked about aTm's defense?

Missed it. What did he say?

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2023, 12:52 PM
I may have to agree with that. They both look terrible. Jimbo has to be the biggest farce ever in college football. The amount of talent he's had is ridiculous.

He got a natty though. Him, Chiz, Orgeron and Miles having NCs is proof that players win games.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 12:56 PM
He got a natty though. Him, Chiz, Orgeron and Miles having NCs is proof that players win games.

Saban too.

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2023, 12:58 PM
Saban too.

SaBear isn't in that group (bafoons who've won a NC). And, as much as I dislike anything Alabama, he's sustained things for a decade.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 01:20 PM
SaBear isn't in that group (bafoons who've won a NC). And, as much as I dislike anything Alabama, he's sustained things for a decade.

He has the #1 recruiting class every year. He left Mich St cause he couldn't put recruit Michigan. He told Mal Moore that while he thought he hired a great coach, he really hired a great recruiter.

Kirby was the reason he had his dominant defenses.

But I'll agree with your specific statement. However, I think Spurrier is a better coach. Leach and Mullen both have achieved more with much less talent.

And IMO he isn't even in same conversation as the Bear.

As Spurrier said, it's easy to win at Bama.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 01:23 PM

Be careful 7 gonna come beat you up
Lol!

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Weigman lost his job. Even though they are averaging 44 points a game, fans are crazy.

parabrave
09-23-2023, 01:30 PM
Max Johnson. So thats what it looks like when the QB stands in the pocket and throws a 40 yard dart for a TD.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Right now IMO, unless we get faster and more physical, TAM gonna be tough to beat at their place.

They have a young QB. Not saying they're great but they look more athletic than we have.

We'll see what happens tonight.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Max Johnson. So thats what it looks like when the QB stands in the pocket and throws a 40 yard dart for a TD.

What's a 40 yd dart for a TD ****

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 01:34 PM

It?s a mythological creature that we?ve only heard spoken of in legend.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 01:35 PM

LOL ... Excalibur.

parabrave
09-23-2023, 01:37 PM

About what he just threw. Sorry it was only 37 between 2 defenders.

Activated Alpha
09-23-2023, 01:37 PM

Whoa keep my wolverines out of your mouth...They played asleep in the first quarter against Rutgers, but this Rutgers team would beat our breaks in with their mobile QB and all their PA

parabrave
09-23-2023, 01:38 PM

Kevin Fant***

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 01:40 PM
Auburn is soft which is bad because I think A$M is soft so for A$M to make a team look soft. That’s bad.

viverlibre
09-23-2023, 01:42 PM

You realize that in Bear's time it was wild, Wild West. Hardly any NCCA Enforcement of the big boys. Plus cash is untraceable. The Bear stockpiled players just to keep them from signing with other teams. Had recruiting rankings been a thing, they would have been far ahead of all competitors.

Tell that to a plethora of coaches between the Bear and Saban (except for one year under Stallings)

DownwardDawg
09-23-2023, 01:47 PM
Missed it. What did he say?

He did that long drawn out whiny sounding "weeelllllll, I guess you could say it's good defense". The other announcers all laughed. The offenses have looked terrible.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 01:49 PM
Tell that to a plethora of coaches between the Bear and Saban (except for one year under Stallings)

Bad coaches + a lot of meddling by Bama alums and admins. Saban told them up front he ran the program, no one else

Bear did it at Maryland, KY, and TAM. If they gave Natty's after bowl game as opposed to before in 1950, KY probably wins Natty after beating Bud Wilkinson's #1 ranked OK team on Sugar Bowl.

As Bum Phillips said, "Bear can take his'n and beat your'n, and take your'n and beat his'n".

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 01:51 PM
He did that long drawn out whiny sounding "weeelllllll, I guess you could say it's good defense". The other announcers all laughed. The offenses have looked terrible.

100% both have sucked

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2023, 01:51 PM
He has the #1 recruiting class every year. He left Mich St cause he couldn't put recruit Michigan. He told Mal Moore that while he thought he hired a great coach, he really hired a great recruiter.

Kirby was the reason he had his dominant defenses.

But I'll agree with your specific statement. However, I think Spurrier is a better coach. Leach and Mullen both have achieved more with much less talent.

I am no Saban fan and I will rejoice the day he retires... but the coaching tree cannot be denied.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 01:53 PM
LOL ... Excalibur.

Right on!

TrapGame
09-23-2023, 01:54 PM
Auburn is soft which is bad because I think A$M is soft so for A$M to make a team look soft. That’s bad.

AU may worse than we are.

parabrave
09-23-2023, 01:58 PM
Shouldn't there be a penalty on Freeze for being on the field during that return??

Leroy Jenkins
Damn. Looked like coach nearly tackled the AU defender.

dawgday166
I am no Saban fan and I will rejoice the day he retires... but the coaching tree cannot be denied.

Outside of Kirby, Leach's is almost as impressive. Jimbo won Natty too but been very mediocre with a lot of talent at TAM.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 02:00 PM
AU may worse than we are.

They should be. They replaced their whole staff except for Cadillac I think.

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2023, 02:06 PM
Leach's is almost as impressive.

Outside of NC's, Leach is more impressive.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 02:10 PM
Outside of NC's, Leach is more impressive.

I'd probably agree. I think Kirby is top notch coach but IMO the three easiest places to win are Bama, Georgia, and LSU.

Georgia and LSU are the only major colleges in states absolutely loaded with talent.

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 02:13 PM
This drive by auburn is exactly what we should look like with Wright in the game.

parabrave
09-23-2023, 02:14 PM
Aubbies receivers are really bad

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 02:14 PM
By the time TAM plays us I'm afeered their O may be rolling by then. Petrino is a helluva offensive coach.

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 02:16 PM
Outside of Kirby, Leach's is almost as impressive. Jimbo won Natty too but been very mediocre with a lot of talent at TAM.

Jimbo has been and always will be a snake oil salesman. He gets what he wants because he has the gift of gab or I should say he just talks people into oblivion and they sign off on whatever they are talking about.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 02:23 PM
I just realized Durkin is TAM DC. I thought their D looked better than usual. Hard to tell for sure tho against AU.

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 02:31 PM
I just realized Durkin is TAM DC. I thought their D looked better than usual. Hard to tell for sure tho against AU.

He was there last year as well.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 02:32 PM
He was there last year as well.

Yea ... I remembered after I checked on it.

Goldendawg
09-23-2023, 02:36 PM
If you?ve watched the sec this year outside of Georgia(and even they?ve had some issues) and no team has looked great. Now there is a lot of talent and teams will improve but right now as bad as we?ve looked we still have a chance to have a very good year based on everyone else?s play. I will say mizzou has been kinda impressive this year so far.

Do you think the portal is playing a part in all of these teams looking so bad? I think bringing in about 40 or more mercenaries and trying to mold them into a team from August to the first game is very problematic. What is your thoughts?

parabrave
09-23-2023, 03:04 PM
Do you think the portal is playing a part in all of these teams looking so bad? I think bringing in about 40 or more mercenaries and trying to mold them into a team from August to the first game is very problematic. What is your thoughts?

Of course. You don't have the depth or someone who sat the bench learning your system.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 03:23 PM

No question. Takes time to build consistency and also lower caliber teams getting players from the portal makes them better.

Maroonthirteen
09-23-2023, 03:48 PM
It's all about the QBs. Alabama, Auburn, aTm and Upig can't throw the ball. I didn't see the UT/UF game but UF couldn't throw in the UTah game.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 03:50 PM
It's all about the QBs. Alabama, Auburn, aTm and Upig can't throw the ball. I didn't see the UT/UF game but UF couldn't throw in the UTah game.

That Johnson kid for TAM didn't look too bad.

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 03:52 PM
Yep? even watching this Bama v pissing on field school. The SEC is so bad this year. Like dang I hope we take a step forward this week. This is so wide open.

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 03:56 PM
Did y’all just see the lack of targeting towards bama? they said good no call if that’s not targeting but what happened to us last week is that’s trash.

viverlibre
09-23-2023, 09:09 PM
I just realized Durkin is TAM DC.

Didn't he kill a kid?