PDA

View Full Version : I am so ready for this game saturday so we can find out if we need to fire Arnetts

99jc
09-22-2023, 02:44 PM
ass and move on as quick as possible. Whether Selmon has the balls to do so remains a big question mark. if not let's fire his ass too.

AROB44
09-22-2023, 02:56 PM
Why don't we just fire the entire athletic department and Keenum while we are at it. And then fire their replacements next year.

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2023, 03:01 PM
It's pretty rare when I don't have an expectation for how a game might play out. But, as of now, I don't have a clue what to expect.

Todd4State
09-22-2023, 03:02 PM
When the coaches have a deer in the headlights look and we're around 100 in total offense and defense we all know how this is probably going to play out.

I won't rain on anyone's parade.

TrapGame
09-22-2023, 03:06 PM
Why don't we just fire the entire athletic department and Keenum while we are at it. And then fire their replacements next year.

Now that's forward thinking. ***

3dawgnight15
09-22-2023, 03:09 PM
I get as frustrated as anyone else during the games (2023 baseball and 2023 football) but calling for the first year head coaches job 4 games into the season is unreasonable. It doesn?t look good for Arnett & Co and I am a major critic but jeez man.

paverdog
09-22-2023, 03:17 PM
I get as frustrated as anyone else during the games (2023 baseball and 2023 football) but calling for the first year head coaches job 4 games into the season is unreasonable. It doesn?t look good for Arnett & Co and I am a major critic but jeez man.

This, I like the hire and still like the hire, gosh people give the man a chance. I'm very sure he knows what he needs to do..

Biguglyjoe
09-22-2023, 03:17 PM
When the coaches have a deer in the headlights look and we're around 100 in total offense and defense we all know how this is probably going to play out.

I won't rain on anyone's parade.

Exactly. The changes needed to make this staff and team effective and competitive aren't minor ones. Six days won't fix it. It's Croom bad.

MaroonFlounder
09-22-2023, 03:21 PM
In 2 of our big 3 sports (baseball & football) the coaches regularly say

"I don't know" or "We didn't do good enough as coaches" or "I mis-evaluated this team" or "my mistake as a coach"

Those statements are worth getting fired for, in my opinion. That whole "I don't know how to fix this" is not worth multiple millions of dollars.

Cut your losses and move on.

Mjoelner34
09-22-2023, 03:49 PM
It's pretty rare when I don't have an expectation for how a game might play out. But, as of now, I don't have a clue what to expect.

THIS! Last week was like stealing with that point spread (too bad I'll NEVER gamble on sports) but I have zero clue this week.

I think it was Starkvegasdawg who told me he was expecting a blowout but he didn't know who would be on the receiving end.

HoopsDawg
09-22-2023, 03:56 PM

The problem is, it was a shocking hire. There was no search. Arnett had to get the OC hire right. Early returns aren't good.

99jc
09-22-2023, 04:05 PM

works for me!

99jc
09-22-2023, 04:07 PM

i wanted jomo fired before 4 games into the season and i wasn't wrong then....just saying!

defiantdog
09-22-2023, 04:23 PM
Just think of you told your boss or customers that your performance was poor over and over. I wonder what would happen.

Homedawg
Exactly. The changes needed to make this staff and team effective and competitive aren't minor ones. Six days won't fix it. It's Croom bad.

When we lose to Maine, then call me. Until then, No, it's not even close to that bad. Your memory is very short.

Biguglyjoe
In 2 of our big 3 sports (baseball & football) the coaches regularly say

"I don't know" or "We didn't do good enough as coaches" or "I mis-evaluated this team" or "my mistake as a coach"

Those statements are worth getting fired for, in my opinion. That whole "I don't know how to fix this" is not worth multiple millions of dollars.

Cut your losses and move on.

B-I-N-G-O. Lemonis repeated that often during baseball season. People that get paid as much as they do should NEVER utter those words. I bet he knew when the direct deposit hit his account.

Biguglyjoe
09-22-2023, 04:30 PM
When we lose to Maine, then call me. Until then, No, it's not even close to that bad. Your memory is very short.

No it's not short. Our talent is better, sure. We don't appear to be organized and we aren't efficient in any sense other than special teams. There is plenty of season left for the head scratching loss to happen. I hope it doesn't and I hope they get it turned around, for the record.

Homedawg
09-22-2023, 04:30 PM
B-I-N-G-O. Lemonis repeated that often during baseball season. People that get paid as much as they do should NEVER utter those words. I bet he knew when the direct deposit hit his account.

a press conference is a lose lose. What do you want them to say? Our players sucked and played like shit? I fhe did that, you all would be saying he needs to take ownership. Well, he did that. Fact is, if we win nobody gives a crap what he says in a PC. We will either play like crap and lose again, or get better and win. BUt what he said in a PC is meaningless.

DesotoDog1967
09-22-2023, 04:31 PM
With NIL and the portal you better who what direction to take at least at season end

Biguglyjoe
09-22-2023, 04:36 PM
a press conference is a lose lose. What do you want them to say? Our players sucked and played like shit? I fhe did that, you all would be saying he needs to take ownership. Well, he did that. Fact is, if we win nobody gives a crap what he says in a PC. We will either play like crap and lose again, or get better and win. BUt what he said in a PC is meaningless.

Speak about the teams perceived deficiencies and the plans to rectify them based on the personnel and resources we have? Sounds like a decent approach to me, but just sitting there saying "I don't know" is an answer also, I guess.

TheLostDawg
09-22-2023, 04:39 PM
1 we need Keenum for academics and his connections. If you don't realize this you're either not informed or a troll. We just need him to back off on the sports hiring and let the AD run the show.
2 Arnett is brand new to the HC world. He's figuring things out. This is why you don't hire a brand new HC in the SEC. He's going to make mistakes just like Mullen did. His problem is he hired a lot of new people at their roles. Arnett needs to go back to calling the defense. I'm furious at how we look but understand. However this was to be expected. He did get some guys back and some guys to stay that know MSU. Hopefully he's listening to them .. but thinks about what they are saying and not just going with whatever they say. We have a long road. I think that he'll get two years and hope it works out, Arnett learns quickly. However due to the hire/ leach passing we missed our on our "every four year run"

Commercecomet24
09-22-2023, 04:59 PM

Yep,100%! All PCs are pretty much coach speak anyways, very rarely do coaches deviate from the ?script?.

DownwardDawg
09-22-2023, 05:22 PM
I agree. I don't care what he says, other than dropping f bombs on national television, but the on field results are scary.

confucius say
09-22-2023, 07:07 PM
Speak about the teams perceived deficiencies and the plans to rectify them based on the personnel and resources we have? Sounds like a decent approach to me, but just sitting there saying "I don't know" is an answer also, I guess.

When did ZA say I don't know?

Also, never tell your opponent your plan before the game. You speak in generalities, which is what he did.

Biguglyjoe
09-22-2023, 07:28 PM
When did ZA say I don't know?

Also, never tell your opponent your plan before the game. You speak in generalities, which is what he did.

I was talking about Lemonis, moreso. I referenced his responses in a prior post.(3:23pm) I have less issue with ZA's responses. He's learning and as Homedog said, he's taking ownership of it. To me, that can only pacify for so long though. I hope they both turn it around.

Offshore Dawg
09-22-2023, 07:37 PM
I will not read this board during the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homedawg
09-22-2023, 08:13 PM
I will not read this board during the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will miss more up and downs from these dudes than at six flags.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2023, 08:15 PM

I haven?t looked at a game thread yet this year because I can predict pretty much whats being said lol

justwin
09-22-2023, 10:31 PM
How about we give a different qb a full game to see if this O will work or not

Cooterpoot
09-22-2023, 10:42 PM

If we have a losing season they should be fired. This should be as much an audition to keep the job as it is a first year job. The way this all went down doesn't obligate us to losing.

Cowbell
09-22-2023, 10:43 PM
Reading this thread makes me wonder which one of y'all is Bob from Bogue Chitto

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 10:43 AM
Reading this thread makes me wonder which one of y'all is Bob from Bogue Chitto

LOL!

Todd4State
09-23-2023, 11:06 AM
If we have a losing season they should be fired. This should be as much an audition to keep the job as it is a first year job. The way this all went down doesn't obligate us to losing.

Bingo!