PDA

View Full Version : Did Arnett make a move this week? Sounds like he did.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 08:11 PM
At least that is the way that I read his comments to mean.

This is from a free article today on 247.

So how to correct this in practices? ?It?s playing to our strengths,? Arnett said. ?Now that we?ve got three games under our belt, when we are playing complementary football and executing at a high level in all phases we are doing this. This is what we do best.

?And you play to those strengths. Whether that?s playing certain styles of defense, being more aggressive or more conservative (on offense); the schemes you major in and other things you put on the back burner because they?re just not getting a great return on investment.?

How do you guys read that? Just coach speech?

ZedFedder
09-20-2023, 08:28 PM
Certainly reads that way. We will have to see if it translates.

Santiago
09-20-2023, 08:35 PM
Hopefully, this is not the same words as Jomo talking about taking his coaching pills, and the thumb pointing at him, etc.

MBDawg601
09-20-2023, 08:39 PM
It sounds like coach speak to me, but I hope I am wrong.

A whole lot of beating around the bush.

Maverick91
09-20-2023, 08:53 PM
Echo chamber… we will see but I certainly hope and pray so.

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 09:24 PM
We'll find out Saturday night.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2023, 10:16 PM
Sounds like nothing to me.

Cooterpoot
09-20-2023, 10:21 PM
And things were going to change last week too

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2023, 10:30 PM
I think (hope) he realizes if he keeps doing what he does the first 3 weeks and loses this game then he's lost the fan base and he'll play the rest of the home schedule in front of crowds that would make USM point and laugh. If he has one bit of sense between his two ears he has admitted to himself just how big this game is for his career.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 10:42 PM

I just don't remember him saying things that indicate they were shelving things that we don't do well.

Todd4State
09-20-2023, 11:55 PM
I think it just means that they know that there are major problems no more no less. But the issue is I don't think based on what I have seen from this staff so far that they can take the corrections from the practice field to the game and then we end up with the same mess we have been watching the first three weeks of the season. So far they look like they are in way over their head. It just feels like we're overthinking everything from a coaching standpoint.

Barbay needs a lot more oversight and Brock may need less.

It's hard to build on anything when you don't really have an identity.

Then throw in a first year head coach with a first year OC and a first year DC in the SEC- not a good combination.

Todd4State
09-20-2023, 11:58 PM
I just don't remember him saying things that indicate they were shelving things that we don't do well.

They've lied so much it's really hard to take anything that they say seriously. We went back to the Air Raid for one play against LSU, gained 12 yards and then went back to the same trash we've been doing but throwing more instead of running it.

I'm expecting something similar Saturday and will be pleasantly surprised if they actually adapt.

Captain Falcon
09-20-2023, 11:58 PM
If you are referring to QB, I will be floored if Rogers does not start the game. And I kinda expect more of the same frustrating Wright usage.

Todd4State
09-21-2023, 12:12 AM
If you are referring to QB, I will be floored if Rogers does not start the game. And I kinda expect more of the same frustrating Wright usage.

I don't really see how we could start Wright honestly. Has he even been the QB for an entire drive? I don't understand how we're using him. He's essentially our back up QB and they treat him literally like he is a wildcat RB.

By now he should have at least had one drive as the sole QB to see what he can do.

PGHBulldogBG
09-21-2023, 06:52 AM
Arnetts biggest mistake was changing the offense completely on a veteran team. I understand all coaches want to run their own system, but he should have waited until next year when he gets more of his own recruits. There were definitely some hiring errors on the offensive side. If Barbay was a good OC, he would understand this because most average fans do. I think LSU is the strongest opponent we face this year, so I?ll be curious to see how this team responds against a USCe team that will most likely go 6-6 and the worst Bama team since 2007

Pancho
09-21-2023, 06:55 AM
Hate to say it but CZA sorta has that fat luke facial expression on the sidelines, arms crossed and seems confused.

Dawgface
09-21-2023, 07:04 AM
Hate to say it but CZA sorta has that fat luke facial expression on the sidelines, arms crossed and seems confused.

He's certainly out of his element. Being a fiery DC is his thing.

NCMSTFAN
09-21-2023, 07:54 AM
They've lied so much it's really hard to take anything that they say seriously. We went back to the Air Raid for one play against LSU, gained 12 yards and then went back to the same trash we've been doing but throwing more instead of running it.

I'm expecting something similar Saturday and will be pleasantly surprised if they actually adapt.

If we stay with Rogers (which it sounds like we will), Im hoping we can just mix it up... run Air raid schemes along with a running game. Don't be so predictable. I just dont understand why this coaching staff doesnt see that

Coach34
09-21-2023, 08:09 AM

They did- We threw the ball 6 of our first 7 plays and had more passes overall than runs. Definite change

KB21
09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6jDjIIW4AApZ-6?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

This is from @JBudDavis on X. Interesting. Mississippi State has run 10 personnel only 4% of the time. They have had a TE on the field 86% of the time. They have even run 21 personnel 5% of the time. They have run zone blocking 70% of the time and used outside runs 83% of the time. I'm assuming this is including all the wide zone they run along with the jet sweeps and toss plays.

KB21
09-21-2023, 08:37 AM
That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would.

BlackSailsDawg
09-21-2023, 09:50 AM

This is from @JBudDavis on X. Interesting. Mississippi State has run 10 personnel only 4% of the time. They have had a TE on the field 86% of the time. They have even run 21 personnel 5% of the time. They have run zone blocking 70% of the time and used outside runs 83% of the time. I'm assuming this is including all the wide zone they run along with the jet sweeps and toss plays.

Blows my mind!

CoachT14
09-21-2023, 10:37 AM
That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would.

Is the success rate out of 1? Assuming it is. Just making sure.

KB21
09-21-2023, 10:41 AM
Is the success rate out of 1? Assuming it is. Just making sure.

Yes. So, 0.46 is 46%.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2023, 11:10 AM

THIS is the kind of post we need, thank you for the stats.

Absolutely pathetic coaching that Barbay would rather have our crappy TEs on the field than Creed or Price. Definition of "rather lose my way than win any other"

CoachT14
09-21-2023, 11:58 AM
The fact that we use more 12 personnel than 10 personnel might be one of the dumbest things this coaching staff has done. If we had a useful TEs sure, but we don't. Again definition of putting a square peg in a round hole.

Leroy Jenkins
09-21-2023, 12:03 PM
Judging from the success rate. 10 personnel is our least effective personnel grouping... You can make stats say what you want.

MrCoachKlein
09-21-2023, 12:10 PM
Judging from the success rate. 10 personnel is our least effective personnel grouping... You can make stats say what you want.

And 21 our most...low amount of data on those 2 groups. Corrupt NCAA and their Spivey decision really hurting us.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2023, 12:11 PM
The fact that we use more 12 personnel than 10 personnel might be one of the dumbest things this coaching staff has done. If we had a useful TEs sure, but we don't. Again definition of putting a square peg in a round hole.

55 years old. Been watching football my entire life, and I HAVE NO IDEA what y'all are talking about. There's 11 players on the field every snap. Not 10 or 12.
I know it's some kind of play on personnel use, but still....

MrCoachKlein
09-21-2023, 12:12 PM
55 years old. Been watching football my entire life, and I HAVE NO IDEA what y'all are talking about. There's 11 players on the field every snap. Not 10 or 12.

TE and RB counts

DownwardDawg
09-21-2023, 12:12 PM

Especially when the other team has 11 players out there!!!!! ****

CoachT14
09-21-2023, 12:23 PM

10 Personnel = 1 RB, No TEs
11 Personnel = 1 RB, 1 TE
etc. etc.

Leroy Jenkins
09-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Poot noises

Dawgology
09-21-2023, 02:46 PM
Nothing will change. We are what we are until the off-season. We will see what happens Saturday but this has the makings of a train wreck.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2023, 02:51 PM
Bump because good stats.

MrCoachKlein
09-21-2023, 09:40 PM
Especially when the other team has 11 players out there!!!!! ****
Thanks for the laugh. Could use some of that the way this team and board are going

DownwardDawg
09-22-2023, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the laugh. Could use some of that the way this team and board are going

Haha! I couldn't help it!

Cooterpoot
09-22-2023, 03:57 AM
They did- We threw the ball 6 of our first 7 plays and had more passes overall than runs. Definite change

Pass numbers were dictated by being boat raced. We still wanted to pound it. We just couldn't and couidnt pass it either. What we going to do? Let Will call his own offense?
Should be a closer game but we're lost on both sides. Barbay and Arnett both look like they don't know what to do. Lose this week and the search committee fires up.

Quaoarsking
09-22-2023, 07:53 AM
What does that play calling chart look like in each of the last 3 years?

maroonmania
09-22-2023, 08:07 AM
I think it just means that they know that there are major problems no more no less. But the issue is I don't think based on what I have seen from this staff so far that they can take the corrections from the practice field to the game and then we end up with the same mess we have been watching the first three weeks of the season. So far they look like they are in way over their head. It just feels like we're overthinking everything from a coaching standpoint.

Barbay needs a lot more oversight and Brock may need less.

It's hard to build on anything when you don't really have an identity.

Then throw in a first year head coach with a first year OC and a first year DC in the SEC- not a good combination.

In a lot of ways the defensive problems are much more disconcerting than the offensive issues. Yes, we lost a few really talented players on that side of the ball bit we had a lot of returning production with lots more consistency on returning coaching. No way we should be as bad as we are showing.

KB21
09-22-2023, 08:47 AM
Pass numbers were dictated by being boat raced. We still wanted to pound it. We just couldn't and couidnt pass it either. What we going to do? Let Will call his own offense?
Should be a closer game but we're lost on both sides. Barbay and Arnett both look like they don't know what to do. Lose this week and the search committee fires up.

While I'm not totally out on Arnett yet (Mike Leach saw something in him), if a change were made, I wouldn't back myself into a corner by saying we have to get an experienced head coach. I want someone who is young, offensive minded, and analytically inclined. Preferably someone from the Air Raid tree. My first two calls are probably to Zach Kittley and Garrett Riley.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2023, 09:18 AM
Kittley would be on my list but probably not Riley. But I'll wait until we see where this goes before I strait firing up the search names. I like Arnett too much to really go there yet. Hope takes a hit this week if we lose.

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2023, 09:26 AM
If we win this week, everyone can catch their breath.

If we run the offense we have been running (which includes Rogers running read option run plays) then we will lose, potentially big. If that happens, Arnett has made his bed.

If we have some type of offense that makes sense for our talent, and win the game I expect a huge crowd next weekend and a puncher's chance at beating saban.

CoachT14
09-22-2023, 09:47 AM
While I'm not totally out on Arnett yet (Mike Leach saw something in him), if a change were made, I wouldn't back myself into a corner by saying we have to get an experienced head coach. I want someone who is young, offensive minded, and analytically inclined. Preferably someone from the Air Raid tree. My first two calls are probably to Zach Kittley and Garrett Riley.

I'd be a little worried about Riley or Kittley's over inexperience. They'd have to bring a veteran DC in that situation. I do love them as the offensive component though.

Again, I'd like to evaluate Jake Dickert at WSU throughout the season. He's a defensive guy who believes in the modified AR. He hired Arbuckle from WKU, whom I'm a big fan of, so I'm interested to see what happens. Imagine he'd bring Arbuckle with him. He's 13-9 at WSU after taking over for Rolovich. Big game for him tomorrow evening against Oregon St.

I worry about his ability to recruit though. They are 20 spots below when Leach was there his last few years.

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2023, 09:58 AM
With TV network money, no SEC school should be hiring a first time coach. Unless, the current coach happens to die unexpectedly in the middle of peak transfer/recruiting season.

KB21
09-22-2023, 10:09 AM
With TV network money, no SEC school should be hiring a first time coach. Unless, the current coach happens to die unexpectedly in the middle of peak transfer/recruiting season.

You have to be realistic as well. There is a particular mindset that I'm looking for in a head coach, and a lot of established coaches do not have that mindset. They are still rooted in the old school way of doing things. There are some out there, but I think it will be very hard to pull them from their current job. For example, I'd be ecstatic over Kalen DeBoer, but we aren't getting him from Washington. I think we could get a Jake Dickert, but I'd really only want him because of Ben Arbuckle.

Coach34
09-22-2023, 10:10 AM
Western Kentucky scored 10 on Ohio State. That offense is purring

KB21
09-22-2023, 10:11 AM
Kittley would be on my list but probably not Riley. But I'll wait until we see where this goes before I strait firing up the search names. I like Arnett too much to really go there yet. Hope takes a hit this week if we lose.

I like Arnett too, but I do not like the direction he decided to, or was coaxed into, take the offense. If he can show some improvement and a willingness to admit his mistake of moving on from the Air Raid, I'd be willing to keep him. He has to go get Arbuckle or a coordinator from the Air Raid tree or Briles tree though.

KB21
09-22-2023, 10:13 AM
No more coordinators who have the mindset of "we have to establish the run" bullshit.

msudawg1200
09-22-2023, 10:27 AM
Boy, alot of you have changed your tune on the Air Raid. When Leach was here all I heard was "RTGDF" and "Airbone" and "Air Raid can't work in the SEC" and "We've always been smashmouth", etc, etc, etc. Now its'"We need an Air Raid guy" and "why did we abandon the Air raid" and "we need to throw it more", etc., etc, etc. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in between, but some of you need to make up your mind on what you want.

KB21
09-22-2023, 10:37 AM
Boy, alot of you have changed your tune on the Air Raid. When Leach was here all I heard was "RTGDF" and "Airbone" and "Air Raid can't work in the SEC" and "We've always been smashmouth", etc, etc, etc. Now its'"We need an Air Raid guy" and "why did we abandon the Air raid" and "we need to throw it more", etc., etc, etc. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in between, but some of you need to make up your mind on what you want.

I guarantee you that you never saw me say RTGDF. Ever!

Cooterpoot
09-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Vanderbilt has 3 guys with more receiving yards than our top receiver. Think about that.
This offense was 100% a cluster 17 of a mistake if a first time HC wanted success and fan support. He took terrible advice!
Wright will take over at some point. Only way this scheme has any kind of chance to succeed and even then it's a small chance. The buddy ball hires hurt us too.

KB21
09-22-2023, 10:46 AM
Vanderbilt has 3 guys with more receiving yards than our top receiver. Think about that.
This offense was 100% a cluster 17 of a mistake if a first time HC wanted success and fan support. He took terrible advice!
Wright will take over at some point. Only way this scheme has any kind of chance to succeed and even then it's a small chance. The buddy ball hires hurt us too.

Honestly, I don't think the scheme alone is the issue. Innovative coaches can do a lot of shit with the wide zone based scheme that Barbay is trying to run. Barbay is showing me he has no clue how to piece everything together or run the scheme without legitimate tight ends. Hell, the wide zone scheme is the freaking bomb in the NFL with all the shit Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, Sean McVay, and Matt LaFleur come up with and steal from each other. A Super Bowl match up of Mike McDaniel vs Kyle Shanahan is like LSD to offensive concepts junkies like me.

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2023, 10:52 AM

They put up more yards vs them than we did vs LSU.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2023, 10:52 AM
Honestly, I don't think the scheme alone is the issue. Innovative coaches can do a lot of shit with the wide zone based scheme that Barbay is trying to run. Barbay is showing me he has no clue how to piece everything together or run the scheme without legitimate tight ends. Hell, the wide zone scheme is the freaking bomb in the NFL with all the shit Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, Sean McVay, and Matt LaFleur come up with and steal from each other. A Super Bowl match up of Mike McDaniel vs Kyle Shanahan is like LSD to offensive concepts junkies like me.

We don't have the talent to run it. And not just at QB. We knew if we left the AR this would be the case.

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2023, 10:54 AM

I believe that most people liked the passing, but not the running.

A 70% passer in a modified AR that runs it more would be great. That will win alot of games.

KB21
09-22-2023, 10:55 AM
We don't have the talent to run it. And not just at QB. We knew if we left the AR this would be the case.

Agree. I'm not making a case to keep the system, but wouldn't you like to see Tulu used on some of those damn motions that McDaniel and Shanahan are using to create space and open receivers?

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2023, 11:08 AM

I don't think we are in a position to be critical of any other team's offense.

They put up 42 and almost 500 yards of offense against USF.

TorpedoIPA
09-22-2023, 11:13 AM
I believe that most people liked the passing, but not the running.

A 70% passer in a modified AR that runs it more would be great. That will win alot of games.

I don't know about this concept of tailoring the offense to specific players and giving the ball to the same guys. I liked the concept of spreading the ball around. Leach thought that was balance and not merely having as many runs as passes.

Never did understand why Marks would rather take a handoff and dive into a mass of humanity rather than catch a pass in space.

Coach34
09-22-2023, 11:18 AM

What does yards matter? Did they start giving you bonus points for yards?

(It was 49-10 at half. They played against the scrubs for almost 2 Q's)

CoachT14
09-22-2023, 11:33 AM

Talent level matters. We shouldn't barely score more than LSU against a P5 team. The fact that they had more yards and nearly as many points should be cause for concern.

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2023, 11:47 AM

It matters in scoring. Without yards, you don;t score. They are linked.

What you are saying is they did their damage in the first half. You are only making the point for me. 10 points against their 1s.

RB.. 33 attempts for 88 yards.
QB.. 37 attempts for 204 and a TD.

First, that's 70 plays ran against the # 6 team in the country. Second, that's 284 yards with a team that is no where NEAR the level of talent that OSU has. That's 100 yards more than what we put up against LSU.

To keep it real, OSU's defense is 3rd in the nation. LSU's is ranked 60th!

confucius say
09-22-2023, 11:54 AM

Well it's indicative of whether you can move the ball, which is important. You have to be able to score too, of course.

R2Dawg
09-22-2023, 12:13 PM
No more coordinators who have the mindset of "we have to establish the run" bullshit.

And no more coordinators who have the mindset "we have to throw the ball every down" BS either. Now you happy.

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2023, 12:27 PM
And no more coordinators who have the mindset "we have to throw the ball every down" BS either. Now you happy.

Yes! I will take both like Prime Time!

KB21
09-22-2023, 12:53 PM

Nonsense. Because I would absolutely take Ryan Grubbs, who is throwing it 65% of the time at Washington (How you like that, Dillon?) over any of your ground and pound alternatives.

KB21
09-22-2023, 01:06 PM
FWIW, some sports book guy whose last name is Lisi was on a college football show I was just listening to. He calls for Mississippi State to upset South Carolina this weekend.

Maverick91
09-22-2023, 01:11 PM
FWIW, some sports book guy whose last name is Lisi was on a college football show I was just listening to. He calls for Mississippi State to upset South Carolina this weekend.

Did he give any solid reasoning?

KB21
09-22-2023, 01:22 PM
Did he give any solid reasoning?

I caught the end of it. He was mentioning something about how South Carolina averages 1.8 yards per rush attempt and that he looks for Mississippi State to win in an upset.

Maverick91
09-22-2023, 02:11 PM
I caught the end of it. He was mentioning something about how South Carolina averages 1.8 yards per rush attempt and that he looks for Mississippi State to win in an upset.

I’ll take whatever life we can get.

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2023, 03:06 PM

The last computer model I saw said MSU -2.5.

TrapGame
09-22-2023, 03:07 PM

Must have been done on one of those old Commodores or an abacus.

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Must have been done on one of those old Commodores or an abacus.

It was that one line on the storm track spaghetti model that goes off the screen.

Turfdawg67
09-22-2023, 03:40 PM

Oh boy, here's the hope we need for every game. Lol. It won't be close unless we use a different QB.

MrCoachKlein
09-22-2023, 03:42 PM

FEI has us losing 21.1-20.2

Maverick91
09-22-2023, 03:57 PM

At least it’s not a blowout and a 4 quarter game. Lol

BlackSailsDawg
09-22-2023, 04:53 PM
I’ll take whatever life we can get.

And Elitedawgs said.... "AMEN!"

Cowbell
09-22-2023, 10:53 PM

Because they have a QB

Cowbell
09-22-2023, 10:54 PM
Agree. I'm not making a case to keep the system, but wouldn't you like to see Tulu used on some of those damn motions that McDaniel and Shanahan are using to create space and open receivers?

You mean some of the plays we ran last week where Will couldn't get it to the receiver or the line couldn't block

Cowbell
09-22-2023, 10:55 PM

Because stats are all we care about when it comes to a QB - nobody needs wins

Commercecomet24
09-22-2023, 11:48 PM

Dang I bet it?s gonna be heck getting those fraction of a points lol

Commercecomet24
09-22-2023, 11:49 PM
Because stats are all we care about when it comes to a QB - nobody needs wins

Have some rep!

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 12:58 AM
Because they have a QB

No because they have competent coaching. LSU has a defense ranked in the bottom half of the nation. OSU has the #6 defense in the nation. and they put up 100 more yards than we did.

While they put up those numbers, our OL was running in wrong directions and our WRs running wrong routes and our Coach playing a true freshman OT at TE thinking "I can make this work"

If we do not see a direction change in the playing style, the scheme, and play calling.... we are going to not make a bowl.

Coach34
09-23-2023, 01:49 AM
LSU has a defense ranked in the bottom half of the nation. OSU has the #6 defense in the nation. and they put up 100 more yards than we did.

Wanna bet LSU doesnt finish in the bottom half of the country when the season ends?

sandjunky
09-23-2023, 06:36 AM
Wanna bet LSU doesnt finish in the bottom half of the country when the season ends?
Well it helps when you play shitty teams like ours that helps pad stats

Really Clark?
09-23-2023, 06:50 AM
No because they have competent coaching. LSU has a defense ranked in the bottom half of the nation. OSU has the #6 defense in the nation. and they put up 100 more yards than we did.

While they put up those numbers, our OL was running in wrong directions and our WRs running wrong routes and our Coach playing a true freshman OT at TE thinking "I can make this work"

If we do not see a direction change in the playing style, the scheme, and play calling.... we are going to not make a bowl.

You forgot our QB play as well. It's all of it, our QB very much included.

sleepy dawg
09-23-2023, 07:15 AM
I think (hope) he realizes if he keeps doing what he does the first 3 weeks and loses this game then he's lost the fan base and he'll play the rest of the home schedule in front of crowds that would make USM point and laugh. If he has one bit of sense between his two ears he has admitted to himself just how big this game is for his career.

No doubt. If we lose and play good and show an attempt at changes I guess I can deal with that. If Will starts and sucks it up again he's lost me.

msstate7
09-23-2023, 07:32 AM
No doubt. If we lose and play good and show an attempt at changes I guess I can deal with that. If Will starts and sucks it up again he's lost me.

If there's a move at qb, I say western Michigan is the game it's made

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 09:37 AM

They are ranked #60 right now and OSU is ranked #3

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 09:40 AM
You forgot our QB play as well. It's all of it, our QB very much included.

Not forgetting that. But I don't consider one game this season as a canon. 2 other games, he did what was needed. I think 70% vs SELA and 75% vs AZ. He totally whiffed on some of those easy throws.

defiantdog
09-23-2023, 09:40 AM
This stat doesn't really matter. Clemson is ranked #8 and they're borderline dumpster fire.

Cooterpoot
09-23-2023, 09:48 AM

And LSU has pulled their starters in every game but one. Those stats will change in SEC play. They're a top 25 defense up front. Backside is the question.

Coach34
09-23-2023, 10:27 AM

We are 3 games into the season and LSU has played 2 P5 teams. Ohio St has played Indiana, Youngstown St, and WK. One of these is not like the other

defiantdog
09-23-2023, 10:35 AM
At this point, let's just give Creed some RPO options at qb.

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 10:36 AM
We are 3 games into the season and LSU has played 2 P5 teams. Ohio St has played Indiana, Youngstown St, and WK. One of these is not like the other

Ok, keep telling yourself that. Facts are facts. WKU put up 100 more yards of offense against #3 on the road with a larger talent gap than we had with LSU.

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 10:37 AM
At this point, let's just give Creed some RPO options at qb.

Rogers is starting.

Homedawg
09-23-2023, 10:42 AM
Rogers is starting.

That was never ever in question

defiantdog
09-23-2023, 11:13 AM
Rogers is starting.
No kidding

Coach34
09-23-2023, 11:44 AM
Ok, keep telling yourself that. Facts are facts. WKU put up 100 more yards of offense against #3 on the road with a larger talent gap than we had with LSU.

and couldnt score on their back-ups in the 2nd half

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:02 PM
I?ve said it all year. If we?re gonna have a really good season Will has to be great. If not we?re gonna be mediocre. Once again the qb gets too much credit or too much blame(see Dak Prescott), it?s just the way it is. If you can?t take people talking about you don?t be a qb. The whole team has to be better and it starts with Will, he?s supposed to be this great leader so go lead, I?m pulling for him, but if he can?t get it done let?s try someone else.

Really Clark?
09-23-2023, 12:09 PM
I?ve said it all year. If we?re gonna have a really good season Will has to be great. If not we?re gonna be mediocre. Once again the qb gets too much credit or too much blame(see Dak Prescott), it?s just the way it is. If you can?t take people talking about you don?t be a qb. The whole team has to be better and it starts with Will, he?s supposed to be this great leader so go lead, I?m pulling for him, but if he can?t get it done let?s try someone else.

He's right^^^

And I've said all year Will gives us the best chance as a starter...but I would have pulled him for at least for a couple of series last weekend to see if Mike had a hot hand.

dawgday166
09-23-2023, 12:12 PM

This is the crux of the matter right here.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:20 PM
He's right^^^

And I've said all year Will gives us the best chance as a starter...but I would have pulled him for at least for a couple of series last weekend to see if Mike had a hot hand.

Right. Will was having a bad day and it?s like a pitcher that don?t have his best stuff and is getting shelled, you bring in some relief, doesn?t mean the starter won?t get his next turn in the rotation.

TrapGame
09-23-2023, 12:20 PM
and couldnt score on their back-ups in the 2nd half

Right now WKU only has 7 points against Troy late in the second quarter.

RockyDog
09-23-2023, 12:23 PM
The great savior Schrader has 58 yards and a pick against mighty Army

Coach34
09-23-2023, 12:32 PM
Right now WKU only has 7 points against Troy late in the second quarter.

For all the yards lovers- WK has 70 yards of TO at the half against Troy. What about that talent gap?

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 12:34 PM
For all the yards lovers- WK has 70 yards of TO at the half against Troy. What about that talent gap?

You can?t be serious? I thought they were the reincarnation of the greatest show on turf! Lol

msstate7
09-23-2023, 12:41 PM

And blacksails is gone until the air raid looks better or we suck

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 01:26 PM

Am I?

msstate7
09-23-2023, 01:30 PM
Am I?

Wku scored!!!!

Really Clark?
09-23-2023, 01:31 PM
Am I?

Haha, dude he kinda of called it, you didn't respond until after they started looking better.

Homedawg
09-23-2023, 01:38 PM
He's right^^^

100% on all counts

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Haha, dude he kinda of called it, you didn't respond until after they started looking better.

Because I am watching football while smoking meat for tonights game. I dont sit at the PC waiting on responses.

BTW... I watching Auburn's running/mobile QBs take 6 sacks in this game.

Homedawg
09-23-2023, 01:39 PM

He's better than kb. He just hides unless he's right. What am I thinking. He's always right. ***

msstate7
09-23-2023, 01:41 PM
He's better than kb. He just hides unless he's right. What am I thinking. He's always right. ***

KB is certainly only around to rub it in people's face when things are going bad. Blacksails will be here good or bad... he'll just claim the good times would be great if we ran the air raid haha

Really Clark?
09-23-2023, 01:43 PM
Because I am watching football while smoking meat for tonights game. I dont sit at the PC waiting on responses.

BTW... I watching Auburn's running/mobile QBs take 6 sacks in this game.

Yet you responded multiple times in other threads. It's alright, just pulling your chain. You just missed timed your response, right? Lol

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 01:47 PM

This^^^^

Coach34
09-23-2023, 03:03 PM
WK had 288 yards today against 2-2 Troy

msstate7
09-23-2023, 03:06 PM

Imagine how bad it woulda been without an elite OC running an infallible offensive system

Really Clark?
09-23-2023, 03:07 PM

And they lost. It would have been worse if the RB hadn't fumbled about to score and would have put Troy up 34-17 late in the 4th

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 03:21 PM
Imagine how bad it woulda been without an elite OC running an infallible offensive system

Awesome!

Homedawg
09-23-2023, 03:24 PM
And they lost. It would have been worse if the RB hadn't fumbled about to score and would have put Troy up 34-17 late in the 4th

You morons don't get it, they threw it more than they ran it......

Really Clark?
09-23-2023, 03:27 PM

Yeah like 85-90% pass to run...how they didn't win by 40 points, I'll never know.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2023, 03:31 PM
Yeah like 85-90% pass to run...how they didn't win by 40 points, I'll never know.

There?s no way to lose when you throw it that much, it?s impossible lol

msstate7
09-23-2023, 03:54 PM

Which is all that matters. Only mouth-breathers care about actual results

Coach34
09-23-2023, 05:04 PM

It’s was the talent gap between rosters. WK should never be able to compete with mighty Troy