PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Prediction Thread- Where O Where Has Our Offense Gone Edition

StarkVegasSteve
09-20-2023, 06:56 PM
Last week was bad, like shades of 04-06 bad, there is just no way around. I have an equally bad feeling about this week. I have USCe 28 Dawgs 6

Rodgers Pass Yds- 69

Marks Rush Yds- 84

Combined Creed and Mike Wright Snaps- 17

EdwardDrayton
09-20-2023, 07:20 PM
The Darius Cluckers 31, Our Dawgs No Matter What 21

Maverick91
09-20-2023, 09:33 PM
If we changed things 24-21 �� ler is their only weapon and he is playing well this far but he is also a basket case.

If we didn’t make any adjustments and we keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole them 35-10. Marks breaks a few long runs off a great kick return from tulu puts us in position to score.

DawgFromOxford
09-20-2023, 10:17 PM
Dawgs 31. Cocks 27. Pulling this out of thin air with no evidence to support this actually happening

DownwardDawg
09-20-2023, 10:18 PM
38-17 USCe. No idea how we get to 17. Probably special teams.

Maverick91
09-22-2023, 03:55 PM
Bump… the fact that this thread only had four replies tells you everything you need to know about the apathy of the fan base. This is bad. Arnett can win a lot of hope back with a solid performance and win tomorrow. The issue is not just winning but actually how we looked. Example first game of the season and we still had our question marks.

MBDawg601
09-22-2023, 03:57 PM
35-21 Dawgs.

We change our complex play names to the lyrics of popular 80s rock songs and put up 400 yards of offense.

Turfdawg67
09-22-2023, 04:01 PM
27-12 Cocks. Woody scores late on a long run, we go for 2 and Will gets sacked.

ETA: The game thread is 42 pages long.

parabrave
09-22-2023, 06:35 PM
21-14 Maroon
Rogers 52 yds 10 atts,
Marks 175 rushing. If Arnett remembers theCocks can't stop the run/

StarkVegasSteve
09-22-2023, 08:03 PM
Bump… the fact that this thread only had four replies tells you everything you need to know about the apathy of the fan base. This is bad. Arnett can win a lot of hope back with a solid performance and win tomorrow. The issue is not just winning but actually how we looked. Example first game of the season and we still had our question marks.

The sad thing is that the solution is so 17 simple. Either tailor the offense to Will or run what we currently run with Mike Wright. We are making something so incredibly easy very hard.

StarkVegasSteve
09-22-2023, 08:04 PM
27-12 Cocks. Woody scores late on a long run, we go for 2 and Will gets sacked.

ETA: The game thread is 42 pages long.

Ok so that is after we go 3 and out the first possession, but what about the rest of the game.

Maverick91
09-22-2023, 09:28 PM
The sad thing is that the solution is so 17 simple. Either tailor the offense to Will or run what we currently run with Mike Wright. We are making something so incredibly easy very hard.

Agreed! Super happy that there are a bunch of really good games ahead of ours so it will keep me busy from dwelling on if we are going to make the appropriate changes.

redstickdawg
09-23-2023, 07:52 AM
I'm afraid that I don't see this one as close, we score a TD in garbage time and we are on the road to 4-8 or 3-9 territory

confucius say
09-23-2023, 08:23 AM
Today will tell you a lot. I think lsu is the best team in the league right now.

If we aren't competitive against a similarly situated USCe team that is a major red flag.

Bdawg
09-23-2023, 08:44 AM
We have so much that needs improvement, I don’t know if I can pick the dawgs. Can our DL have pulse and get to the QB? Can our secondary stop the only good receiver they have? Can our OL give Rodgers more than 2.5 secs to throw? Can our OL get on the same page and not run crossing routes in the backfield? Can our OC use our personnel to fit their strengths? Can our DC put our best cover safety on their best receiver if he’s in the slot? Do we use Wright appropriately this week to exploit SC’s run D? Just how many of these things do we think we can fix in 6 days? It’s on the road and we have so many problem… 24-20 Cocks. But if we can get physical(control the LOS) and run the ball down their throats and keep Rattler on the bench, we got a shot.

sandjunky
09-23-2023, 08:56 AM
USCe 31 MSU 9

defiantdog
09-23-2023, 08:57 AM
Have a feeling we'll get the same post game interview from Arnett after this one

DownwardDawg
09-23-2023, 09:20 AM
Have a feeling we'll get the same post game interview from Arnett after this one

Me too unfortunately.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2023, 09:36 AM

I think you're right. It's game day and there's still not much in this thread. Sad how fast things changed once we started playing.

Activated Alpha
09-23-2023, 09:52 AM
I predict our kicker scores our only points and it'll be 9. Will gets sacked 7 times at least. 4 because our OL is so confused. 3 because Will just sucks......

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 10:07 AM
Everybody is shell shocked after the LSU game. Nobody thought that a 9-4 team could be coached this badly! When I saw we were projected to win 6.5 games, I laughed! Now, I'm not sure we make it to 4.

We saw issues in game 1. We saw more in game 2. And game 3, the wheels came off. We were in noway competitive and both sides looked like they are lost.

If our OC doesn't change to what works, as ARNETT STATED THIS WEEK, and puts those things that do not work to the side until Spring (again... as Arnett said), then he needs to be fired and not at the end of the season. Fire him, bring in somebody or promote from with in.

The first time I see a 12 personnel on the field, I will write the OC off as a moron and idiot.

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2023, 10:18 AM
Everybody is shell shocked after the LSU game. Nobody thought that a 9-4 team could be coached this badly! When I saw we were projected to win 6.5 games, I laughed! Now, I'm not sure we make it to 4.

We saw issues in game 1. We saw more in game 2. And game 3, the wheels came off. We were in noway competitive and both sides looked like they are lost.

If our OC doesn't change to what works, as ARNETT STATED THIS WEEK, and puts those things that do not work to the side until Spring (again... as Arnett said), then he needs to be fired and not at the end of the season. Fire him, bring in somebody or promote from with in.

The first time I see a 12 personnel on the field, I will right the OC off as a moron and idiot.

Well I hate to tell you….you probably will see 12 personnel the first series. Also, please to god do not promote from within EVER AGAIN AT ANY POSITION. Going cheap is exactly why we are in this current situation.

BlackSailsDawg
09-23-2023, 10:23 AM
Well I hate to tell you….you probably will see 12 personnel the first series. Also, please to god do not promote from within EVER AGAIN AT ANY POSITION. Going cheap is exactly why we are in this current situation.

I would love to hire somebody, but mid season might be too hard to find. But at least by Firing Barbay, it sends a message to the promoted guy. "I said put the things we do horrible at to the side. He didn't he's gone. Now I'm telling you. Put those things we suck at to the side and K.I.S.S."

And yes, I fully expect to see 12 personnel with Ellis pretending to be a TE.

Schultzy
09-23-2023, 10:54 AM
26-24

Florida State
A&M
Kentucky

3-6

Maverick91
09-23-2023, 12:00 PM
I think you're right. It's game day and there's still not much in this thread. Sad how fast things changed once we started playing.

Yep! I feel like it?s one of those times where everything that can be said up to this point has been said so everyone is just sitting and waiting.

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2023, 01:30 PM
I would love to hire somebody, but mid season might be too hard to find. But at least by Firing Barbay, it sends a message to the promoted guy. "I said put the things we do horrible at to the side. He didn't he's gone. Now I'm telling you. Put those things we suck at to the side and K.I.S.S."

And yes, I fully expect to see 12 personnel with Ellis pretending to be a TE.

Another sad thing, Ellis pretending to be a TE is better than Goede, who we actually gave a scholarship to play TE

MBDawg601
09-25-2023, 09:47 AM
35-21 Dawgs.

We change our complex play names to the lyrics of popular 80s rock songs and put up 400 yards of offense.

I wonder if they really utilized this approach to put up, not 4, but 500 yards of offense.

Whiffed on the score though.