PDA

View Full Version : We are not as bad as we looked.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 07:28 AM
The offense has technical issues, but tactically it's ok.
The defense has tactical issues, but technique is ok.

In other words, offensive strategy is good, execution is not.
Defensive execution is good, strategy is not.

https://youtu.be/-K719lRjs7U?si=pWg-yVaIQ4cAG2sG

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 07:47 AM
Any offensive "tactic" that involves bringing Mike Wright in on 3rd and 6but off on 4th and 1 is not a valid tactic. Same for using a TFr TE that can neither catch nor block at an SEC level when we could use 2 back sets instead.

Similarly, our "execution" on D is not good when nobody ever beats a blocker. At some point, you've got to get off the blocker and make a play if a drive is going to be stopped. You can't out scheme and offense every drive- you've got to be able to win some plays via physicality or just having guys be better than the blocker in front of them. That's part of execution, just like being able to block your assignment is part of execution on offense. Like if an OT gets beat and gives up the sack you'd say "the OT just didn't execute his block". And you'd also say "the DE executed his pass rush well". We don't execute on defense because we don't beat anyone and that's the main job of the DL, to beat the man in front of you.

msugolf
09-20-2023, 07:54 AM
If she could lose 100 lbs, get a facelift, stop doing meth, she would be pretty cute

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 07:55 AM
Any offensive "tactic" that involves bringing Mike Wright in on 3rd and 6but off on 4th and 1 is not a valid tactic. Same for using a TFr TE that can neither catch nor block at an SEC level when we could use 2 back sets instead.

Similarly, our "execution" on D is not good when nobody ever beats a blocker. At some point, you've got to get off the blocker and make a play if a drive is going to be stopped. You can't out scheme and offense every drive- you've got to be able to win some plays via physicality or just having guys be better than the blocker in front of them. That's part of execution, just like being able to block your assignment is part of execution on offense. Like if an OT gets beat and gives up the sack you'd say "the OT just didn't execute his block". And you'd also say "the DE executed his pass rush well". We don't execute on defense because we don't beat anyone and that's the main job of the DL, to beat the man in front of you.

1. The Fr TE can block better than any RB. He's not good, it's a technique issue.

2. We don't ask our DL to beat blockers. We have them occupy blockers so the LBs can pressure. It's a tactical issue.

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 07:59 AM
"We are not as bad as we look."

Let's revisit this statement after Saturday night.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 08:01 AM
1. The Fr TE can block better than any RB. He's not good, it's a technique issue.

2. We don't ask our DL to beat blockers. We have them occupy blockers so the LBs can pressure. It's a tactical issue.

1- Who teaches technique? Coach who? Exactly.

2- Who teaches them to not beat blockers? A Coach.

No matter what argument raised it drops right back into poor coaching.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 08:04 AM

The LBs can't get off blocks either!

let's say we bring 6. They have 5OL and a TE in protection. the QB should NOT get all day to throw, because one of our 6 should simply beat their blocker and generate pressure. That's part of "execution". They are taught pass rush moves and how to get off blocks for that exact reason- they are expected to be able to beat a blocker every now and then. Not every defender every play, but 1/6? Yes. We aren't winning even when we bring 6unless we've overloaded them somewhere, which would be a "tactical" win, not an "execution" win.

And on TE, there's things you can do from 20 personnel that you can't from 11 when that TE is no threat to catch a pass. But if 20 personnel isn't your thing, we should still be going 10- creed on the field 50 snaps = more offense than a TE that can't catch a pass on the field those 50 snaps. It just does. Actual talent matters more than scheme, and we do not have actual talent at TE, therefore the scheme should be adjusted away from 11 personnel

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 08:06 AM

Water is wet.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 08:08 AM
I'm telling you right now, vs mobile QBs, they are not told to get off their blocks. They are told to hold their lane.

And "play the best 11 players" sounds good but it's BS. Tulu is the best player on offense, but if you had an offense made up of 11 Tulu Griffins it would not be good.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 08:17 AM
I'm telling you right now, vs mobile QBs, they are not told to get off their blocks. They are told to hold that lane.

Sure containment is a thing and depending on the QB and down and distance and clock it might be their primary job to do. But you're bringing up special cases to ignore the common example I just gave of NOBODY being able to beat blockers when that IS their job to do. You don't "bring pressure" with the goal being to contain the QB. You bring pressure to get to the QB, maybe you be mindful of containing while you do it but you still have to beat a blocker to get said pressure. We simply aren't. CBS aren't fighting though anything either.

And again, offense is not "tactically sound" if it's tactics involve not putting our best players on the field. To say "let's play our TFr low rated TE that hasn't shown anything instead of our very talented WR that looks like a stud in Creed" is to say "we aren't adjusting to our personnel". It just is. TE isn't ready to go yet. Adapt the scheme for the players you have and recruit the players you want. End of story.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 08:23 AM
And "play the best 11 players" sounds good but it's BS. Tulu is the best player on offense, but if you had an offense made up of 11 Tulu Griffins it would not be good.

Lol nobody is saying to replace our OL with a skinny WR. We're saying replace a bad TE with a very talented WR, or a pretty talented RB.

To use your example, would you keep Tulu off the field to play a 2nd TE? No? And we shouldn't keep Creed off the field to play the 1st TE. A TE is a schematic choice, it is NOT a necessity to run an offense.

sandjunky
09-20-2023, 08:24 AM
Yes we are <the end>

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 08:36 AM
Sure containment is a thing and depending on the QB and down and distance and clock it might be their primary job to do. But you're bringing up special cases to ignore the common example I just gave of NOBODY being able to beat blockers when that IS their job to do. You don't "bring pressure" with the goal being to contain the QB. You bring pressure to get to the QB, maybe you be mindful of containing while you do it but you still have to beat a blocker to get said pressure. We simply aren't. CBS aren't fighting though anything either.

Trying to pressure with the slowest LBs in the SEC is a tactical issue, they are not beating their man. The teams we've played the last two weeks have the most mobile QBs we will face. Going back to last year, mobile QBs killed this defense because we are asking LBs to do things they are not good at.

And again, offense is not "tactically sound" if it's tactics involve not putting our best players on the field. To say "let's play our TFr low rated TE that hasn't shown anything instead of our very talented WR that looks like a stud in Creed" is to say "we aren't adjusting to our personnel". It just is. TE isn't ready to go yet. Adapt the scheme for the players you have and recruit the players you want. End of story.

I do expect a change in TE usage. Having your only pass catching threat pulled out from under you 2 days before the season is rough. Its hard to retool that quickly, but I agree we need to make a change.

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 08:41 AM
Trying to pressure with the slowest LBs in the SEC is a tactical issue, they are not beating their man. The teams we've played the last two weeks have the most mobile QBs we will face. Going back to last year, mobile QBs killed this defense because we are asking LBs to do things they are not good at.

I do expect a change in TE usage. Having your only pass catching threat pulled out from under you 2 days before the season is rough. Its hard to retool that quickly, but I agree we need to make a change.

Spencer Rattler, KJ Jefferson and Jaxon Dart have entered the chat.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 08:51 AM

Ehhh it's a recruiting issue, but defense doesn't get the same luxury as offense does when it comes to schemes. Offense can run what they want, defense has to be able to stop anything thrown at it. You can't "tactics" your way out of needing to play LBs. and even if we did use more DL and less LBs, we still wouldn't generate pressure because the DL aren't executing!

Are we supposed to do a drop 8 zone every play? Replace the LBs with 200lb safeties and run a 4-0-7?

Tactically I agree we suck on defense, but more so because of bad game plans, no adjustments, and a lack of unpredictable blitzes. There's not much any DC can do other than expect his front to generate pressure when they all blitz. It's an execution issue that non of them can beat their man and disrupt the play.

And I haven't even touched on run defense! Vs Zona and LSU I say our DL get pushed 5 yards back numerous times. From an "execution" standpoint they certainly aren't holding their ground like they're supposed to. We could stack the box but then we're asking the CBs to execute on an island and we know they can't execute at that level either

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 08:52 AM

Yeah they can scramble, and they could beat us. But they are not the same as the guys from week 2 and 3. Nobody was going to stop Daniels the way he was on fire last week, nobody. He was pinpoint accurate all day.

We are missing Wheat and Young more than I thought we would.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 08:54 AM
Ehhh it's a recruiting issue

Sure it is. But we can't recruit new players in the middle of the season. You gotta fvck with the dick you got.

Which means changing the way you do business.

Tactically I agree we suck on defense, but more so because of bad game plans

Same thing. It's like saying the game plan is bad because the game plan is bad.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 08:57 AM
Another thing about the LBs: they led the SEC in tackles last year. They didn't forget how to play. The thing is that last season you had Tyrus "lol try to stop this bull rush" Wheat generating pressure, Forbes blowing past blockers to blow up WR screens, and the LBs were supposed to clean up the messes. This season, those same LBs are having to be 100% of the pass rush, be 100% of the penetration on run plays because our DL is blown back, and chase down everything in the flat because our DBs can't fight off blocks.

Of course Bookie and Jett are looking bad; their role has changed from "finish what others started" to "bail everyone else out"

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 09:03 AM
Sure it is. But we can't recruit new players in the middle of the season. You gotta fvck with the dick you got.

Which means changing the way you do business.

Fair enough, but I'm not seeing the "way to do business" that will work. 4 DL still won't generate pressure but it's probably be better at stopping the run. Adding in a safety won't help with the inside run or pressure but may help us defend the flat. I'm not seeing a way out of having Bookie and Jett blitz though

What's the changes you want to see?

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 09:06 AM
This season, those same LBs are having to be 100% of the pass rush, be 100% of the penetration on run plays because our DL is blown back, and chase down everything in the flat because our DBs can't fight off blocks.

Of course Bookie and Jett are looking bad; their role has changed from "finish what others started" to "bail everyone else out"

All true. And they are great football players, but they are not the freak athletes they would need to be to accomplish all of that.

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2023, 09:07 AM

Asking DL not to beat blockers is some third and Grantham BS. As a comparison, look at LSU on Saturday with their DL trying to get into the backfield. They blew our offense up. Just depending on 1 or 2 guys to get pressure is next level window licking.

EdwardDrayton
09-20-2023, 09:13 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/MKF3j4wt/IMG-5329.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

msudawg1200
09-20-2023, 09:16 AM
we are not good right now. End of story

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 09:16 AM
What's the changes you want to see?

Man, it's tough. If you go 4 down someone has to pick up the coverage responsibilities the Sam used to have, I don't know if our DBs are up to it.
I would pressure a little less with numbers, and more with confusion/pre-snap alignment, because they are not getting home right now.
Also, I would stop dropping the underneath coverage 10 yards when its 3rd and 5.
Nicholson needs to play more than Furge.
Anderson needs more reps
We have to get some DL in the rotation back from injury so we can rush more (vice occupying blocks) without gassing our big men.

This week could be a get-right game for the defense because USCe has serious WR depth concerns. Hell, Luke Doty (backup QB) is playing WR because of injuries, and they have not been able to run the ball so far.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 09:20 AM
To be clear, I agree that the offense has "execution" issues AND that the defense has "tactical" issues.

I just ALSO think the offense has "tactical" issues, and the defense "execution" issues lol.

Gem plans and adjustments and ply calls suck on both sides. That's tactics. Offense won't adjust to their personnel. That's tactics. But defense can't get off any blocks (execution) and the offense can't make any blocks (execution). We suck in every way across the board.

I'm interested to hear what you think we should do differently on D. I want to see us get creative with blitzing OR go 4-2-5, but neither is a solution for our ultimate problems of A) a DC over his head and B) a DL that can't beat the OL they're lined up against in either run or pass plays. We just suck.

At some point you might have to say "F it", go full chaos to generate TOs. Yeah you thought we were playing soft coverage, but the DB flew up at the last second, so if you called a WR screen we got a pic 6 and if you called 2 go routes you've got a TD. Sucks but if the alternative is every drive is a 10 play TD because we're predictable and can't get off a block, then Od take the chaos. A little bit of that Grantham "balls to the wall" attitude and less of the Sirmon "bend and also break". We don't have the players to run Shoop and Arnetts style of "play it safe deep but cause enough chaos underneath you can't sustain a drive".

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 09:22 AM
Asking DL not to beat blockers is some third and Grantham BS.

It's because we are terrified of mobile QBs we play it differently vs less mobile QBs. I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just telling you the reasoning.

As a comparison, look at LSU on Saturday with their DL trying to get into the backfield. They blew our offense up. Just depending on 1 or 2 guys to get pressure is next level window licking.

They have three early round draft picks on their DL. We have one mid-late round guy. It sucks.

Dawgology
09-20-2023, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately, with most college football teams they are what they are. There?s no real ?fixing? a team mid season. This is why most coaches don?t wholesale change out QB?s mid season and they won?t with Rogers either. We are what we are until the end of the Egg Bowl. Then Selmon and our boosters have some big decisions to make. Do they care more about their status and connection to the program or the future of this football program? Because, let me be super clear, if we have 2 losing seasons in a row this program will be in a financial hole it will never dig out of in regards to NIL.

confucius say
09-20-2023, 09:28 AM
1- Who teaches technique? Coach who? Exactly.

2- Who teaches them to not beat blockers? A Coach.

Our DL issues are a lot more talent than coaching. David turner has shown that he can coach talent.

Russel and Pick are average guys, and their backups are a step down from that (though young and promising). I said this all summer and was told they are 5th year guys blah blah blah.

I will also say LSU is the best OL and DL we will play, so that's not a true representation of what we should be vs everybody else.

confucius say
09-20-2023, 09:32 AM

None of those are as fast as DeLora or Daniels. They can move though. Dart is the closest.

Jarius
09-20-2023, 09:36 AM
It's because we are terrified of mobile QBs we play it differently vs less mobile QBs. I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just telling you the reasoning.

They have three early round draft picks on their DL. We have one mid-late round guy. It sucks.

We were not getting pressure when we blitzed either.

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately, with most college football teams they are what they are. There?s no real ?fixing? a team mid season. This is why most coaches don?t wholesale change out QB?s mid season and they won?t with Rogers either. We are what we are until the end of the Egg Bowl. Then Selmon and our boosters have some big decisions to make. Do they care more about their status and connection to the program or the future of this football program? Because, let me be super clear, if we have 2 losing seasons in a row this program will be in a financial hole it will never dig out of in regards to NIL.

4-8 and a total ass beating by OM and Arnett is fired. And b/c of Mike Leach's untimely passing we are not going to be judged by it.

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 09:37 AM
None of those are as fast as DeLora or Daniels. They can move though. Dart is the closest.

For this defense they might as well be.

confucius say
09-20-2023, 09:43 AM
4-8 and a total ass beating by OM and Arnett is fired. And b/c of Mike Leach's untimely passing we are not going to be judged by it.

If we have to make a move, agreed. We won't be judged by it.

But it's early. Let's let things play out a little.

Captain Falcon
09-20-2023, 09:46 AM
This coaching staff has looked in over their heads, and now they have to go on the road and deal with a sold out crowd at night and all the challenges that come with an environment like that.

I would love for us to win on Saturday. I have no confidence in it at all.

gtowndawg
09-20-2023, 09:47 AM
If she could lose 100 lbs, get a facelift, stop doing meth, she would be pretty cute

I laughed

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 09:52 AM
If we have to make a move, agreed. We won't be judged by it.

But it's early. Let's let things play out a little.

I'm hoping for a 6-6 outcome with a bowl game win. That's a positive spin at this point.

KB21
09-20-2023, 09:54 AM
I feel like the struggles the team is having with the adjustment period to this new offense would be easier to digest if the coaches had simply been truthful from the very beginning by acknowledging the massive scheme change. I also feel like a better explanation for why the scheme change was made in the first place would help make this easier to swallow.

Maverick91
09-20-2023, 09:55 AM
This coaching staff has looked in over their heads, and now they have to go on the road and deal with a sold out crowd at night and all the challenges that come with an environment like that.

I would love for us to win on Saturday. I have no confidence in it at all.

A lot of me is trying to figure out if Arnett really wants to be a hands off coach (not a micromanager) which I appreciate as I will never willingly work for a micromanager. But in the case of millions and his job on the line the buck does stop with him. I wonder if he is struggling with sticking his foot in the coaches rooms and inserting his opinion and that is coming off in the press conferences as he doesn’t know what he is doing.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 10:11 AM
Lol nobody is saying to replace our OL with a skinny WR. We're saying replace a bad TE with a very talented WR, or a pretty talented RB.

To use your example, would you keep Tulu off the field to play a 2nd TE? No? And we shouldn't keep Creed off the field to play the 1st TE. A TE is a schematic choice, it is NOT a necessity to run an offense.

I mean it's in this film study. It literally shows how the OL is a porous shell of what it was last year. And it specifically talks about the TE not understanding what's going on. So stop putting him out there and change the play. It makes NO sense to keep doing the things that are killing your drives.

Cooterpoot
09-20-2023, 10:12 AM
The offense has technical issues, but tactically it's ok.
The defense has tactical issues, but technique is ok.

In other words, offensive strategy is good, execution is not.
Defensive execution is good, strategy is not.

https://youtu.be/-K719lRjs7U?si=pWg-yVaIQ4cAG2sG

LOL
LOL
LOL
Matt literally said we're a poorly coached team after the game Saturday.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 10:13 AM

Then why are we not seeing on the field LBs like Lewis taking a larger role?

dawgday166
09-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Yeah they can scramble, and they could beat us. But they are not the same as the guys from week 2 and 3. Nobody was going to stop Daniels the way he was on fire last week, nobody. He was pinpoint accurate all day.

We are missing Wheat and Young more than I thought we would.

So it seems you're saying we are as bad as we seem since we don't have Wheat and Young any longer.

dawgday166
09-20-2023, 10:31 AM

If I recall Pickering was top rated lineman in the state his senior year. Turner took low 3* Preston Smith and turned him into an NFL stud.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 10:33 AM
So it seems you're saying we are as bad as we seem since we don't have Wheat and Young any longer.

No, we have to stop asking their replacements to do things they cannot do.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 10:34 AM
If I recall Pickering was top rated lineman in the state his senior year. Turner took low 3* Preston Smith and turned him into an NFL stud.

I guess that's the difference in a GA 3* and a MS 4*. Also one is a DT and one is an DE/LB.

dawgday166
09-20-2023, 10:40 AM
I guess that's the difference in a GA 3* and a MS 4*. Also one is a DT and one is an DE/LB.

I ain't quite buying that one. Pickering has the tools. It's probably more S&C and mentality.

Homedawg
09-20-2023, 10:41 AM

Lewis isn't playing bc he gets destroyed in the run game. You only see him on sure passing downs and he's blitzing

confucius say
09-20-2023, 10:49 AM

Bc he's not very good.

We are getting nothing from the Sam. Play bookie there and try a young guy and Page at Mike. Or move Jett to Mike and play a young guy or Page at Will.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 10:52 AM

So we allow them to stay in the pocket all day and throw for 88.2% and set records against us?

Come on.

We all know this is all on coaching and their game planning. Period.

- Barbay is the friggin QB coach and the OC and the Play Caller. If he can not get the WRS on the same page as the QB in routes, then it's on him. Leach didn't have this problem last year. Sure we had some issues, not to this degree. Prime brings in 86 new players and a NEW OC and they don't have this issue and those people have not played together for 4 years!

- The DC has people who have been in this system long enough they should be ready to go. John Lewis is a beast. Put him in. He is projected to be a 4th rounder in the NFL because he has size and... wait for it.... SPEED. " Track and field context with encouraging junior long jump (21-3) and eyebrow-raising 11.31 100 as a high school freshman." That's his scout report.

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2023, 10:57 AM
What is amazing is that if we beat SC this weekend, we are at 3-1 which is what I had us at pre-season and the season we should have is right there in front of us.

SPMT
09-20-2023, 10:58 AM

Truth ☝️ We don?t look well coaches at all. Disorganized, strategy and tactics look poor., for all three games.

BlackSailsDawg
09-20-2023, 11:06 AM
Bc he's not very good.

We are getting nothing from the Sam. Play bookie there and try a young guy and Page at Mike. Or move Jett to Mike and play a young guy or Page at Will.

He is good. Bookie was tied with Wheat in sacks. Bookie did not play in Wheat's spot last year.

Homedawg
09-20-2023, 12:06 PM
He is good. Bookie was tied with Wheat in sacks. Bookie did not play in Wheat's spot last year.

Lewis is terrible against the run. Terrible. That's why he doesn't play. So ....

Goldendawg
09-20-2023, 12:23 PM
Been to all three games and we are terrible at this point except special teams and it took our Australian punter the 3rd game to punt more than 36 yards. We looked meh against SELA. AZ made me have flashbacks of "Tech and 10". LSU a disaster in coaching and execution except again for Special Teams. Leaving the LSU game, another fan spoke to me and said it all and summed it up, "Don't you know AZ is pissed off losing to us"? H*ll State?, we are better than this. What a mess!

KB21
09-20-2023, 12:34 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/u0BxOJtMhypCh.ug7iiegA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTk1OTtjZj13ZWJw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/the-clarion-ledger/d14a186a9be53d2a4dfb33f35e0d9caf

Hmm.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 12:49 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/u0BxOJtMhypCh.ug7iiegA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTk1OTtjZj13ZWJw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/the-clarion-ledger/d14a186a9be53d2a4dfb33f35e0d9caf

Hmm.

What am I looking at here?

Maverick91
09-20-2023, 01:06 PM

Is that Colorado states head coach?

gtowndawg
09-20-2023, 01:07 PM

Shane Beamer and our AD Zach Selmon (and wives)

DownwardDawg
09-20-2023, 01:11 PM
What is amazing is that if we beat SC this weekend, we are at 3-1 which is what I had us at pre-season and the season we should have is right there in front of us.

Absolute fact. All our goals are still attainable. However, from what we've seen so far, we ain't reaching any of them.
There's still a chance, but massive changes have to be made.

KB21
09-20-2023, 01:11 PM
Is that Colorado states head coach?

Was this a serious question?

Maverick91
09-20-2023, 01:15 PM
Was this a serious question?

Yep… at a first glance it looked like Jay.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Shane Beamer and our AD Zach Selmon (and wives)

-Beamer's wife is a MSU girl.
-Selmon and Beamer are besties from OU.
-Beamers first college coaching job was at MSU with Croom as recruiting cord.
-In-laws live here

Beamer is Arnett's replacement, turn the swag up. **********

Maverick91
09-20-2023, 01:18 PM
-Beamer's wife is a MSU girl.
-Selmon and Beamer are besties from OU.
-Beamers first college coaching job was at MSU with Croom as recruiting cord.
-In-laws live here

Beamer is Arnett's replacement, turn the swag up. *

I haven’t seen anything from Beamer that makes me think he is a step up from anyone else.

Goldendawg
09-20-2023, 01:20 PM

We read how good we would be with all these 5th/6th? years veterans returning. They look lost in the new "schemes" and the D is supposed to be the same, little QB pressure 3-3-5 where we don't even get home rushing 2 LB's and leave the flats wide open. In the confusion of a staff of rookie coaches, these players look a year older, but not a year better. We have two (2) OL coaches now and the OL looks pitiful ( they do pull in opposite directions to confuse the D. LOL). There may have to be the case where you don't stay loyal to upper class men as Dan sometimes did and give someone else a shot.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 01:20 PM
I haven’t seen anything from Beamer that makes me think he is a step up from anyone else.

That's because there is nothing to make you think he is a step up from anyone else.

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2023, 01:27 PM
That's because there is nothing to make you think he is a step up from anyone else.

I'm not sure about that.

He took a 2-8 SC team and went 7-6 and 8-5 while also recruiting at a pretty high level for South Carolina. If we actually had a chance to hire Beamer, I think we could do worse.

I don't see why he would leave USCe, but stranger things have happened.

Goldendawg
09-20-2023, 01:29 PM
So we allow them to stay in the pocket all day and throw for 88.2% and set records against us?

Come on.

We all know this is all on coaching and their game planning. Period.

- Barbay is the friggin QB coach and the OC and the Play Caller. If he can not get the WRS on the same page as the QB in routes, then it's on him. Leach didn't have this problem last year. Sure we had some issues, not to this degree. Prime brings in 86 new players and a NEW OC and they don't have this issue and those people have not played together for 4 years!

- The DC has people who have been in this system long enough they should be ready to go. John Lewis is a beast. Put him in. He is projected to be a 4th rounder in the NFL because he has size and... wait for it.... SPEED. " Track and field context with encouraging junior long jump (21-3) and eyebrow-raising 11.31 100 as a high school freshman." That's his scout report.

Maybe CZA should have gotten a few years HC experience at Jackson State like Prime did before getting a big name gig, especially SEC.****

Goldendawg
09-20-2023, 01:34 PM
Absolute fact. All our goals are still attainable. However, from what we've seen so far, we ain't reaching any of them.
There's still a chance, but massive changes have to be made.

Yeah, even Lloyd Christmas beleived he had a chance!****

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2023, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure about that.

He took a 2-8 SC team and went 7-6 and 8-5 while also recruiting at a pretty high level for South Carolina. If we actually had a chance to hire Beamer, I think we could do worse.

I don't see why he would leave USCe, but stranger things have happened.

SC won 11 games for 3 years in a row from '11-'13 before they let Clemson take over. They can recruit GA, campus is nice, they have energetic fans, co-ed's are smokin hawt. No way he come to MSU, it was a joke.

confucius say
09-20-2023, 03:06 PM

Good at what? He can't play the run at this point in his career and doesn't get home pass rushing.

But we had an edge rusher in wheat last year. We don't now.

MrCoachKlein
09-20-2023, 04:39 PM

The first and last seem mutually exclusive but point taken

KB21
09-20-2023, 04:48 PM
Most of our offensive line breakdowns are mental breakdowns with the guards and center not knowing who to block on blitzes or stunts. We actually don't have very many instances where our blockers are just getting whipped at the point with the exception of Malik Ellis consistently losing leverage on his blocks.

MrCoachKlein
09-20-2023, 05:12 PM
The teams we've played the last two weeks have the most mobile QBs we will face. Going back to last year, mobile QBs killed this defense because we are asking LBs to do things they are not good at.

Milroe would like a word with you

confucius say
09-20-2023, 06:17 PM
Milroe would like a word with you

Bama not having double digit designed runs for him is coaching malpractice. He's basically fitz

DownwardDawg
09-20-2023, 06:20 PM
Me too.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2023, 06:25 PM
Bama not having double digit designed runs for him is coaching malpractice. He's basically fitz

Saban does stupid stuff like this all the time. They can rush for 300 against ole miss if they want to.....but Saban is too stubborn for that.