PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

preachermatt83
09-19-2023, 09:42 PM
If you?ve been keeping up with things thus far this fall with baseball you have seen we still have zero pitching. It?s atrocious.

RezDog7
09-19-2023, 09:48 PM
Why you want to make things worse. I was already prepared to be miserable this spring but wasn't ready to think about it now. I can only focus on being miserable one sport at a time.

Cowbell
09-19-2023, 09:51 PM
If you?ve been keeping up with things thus far this fall with baseball you have seen we still have zero pitching. It?s atrocious.

Good - leaves no doubt

Todd4State
09-19-2023, 11:07 PM
Worried about pitching in scrimmages? LOL.

Skydawg1
09-19-2023, 11:09 PM
Hawwwwriiite!!!

EdwardDrayton
09-19-2023, 11:45 PM
Good - leaves no doubt

Was there any left?!?

MBDawg601
09-20-2023, 06:27 AM
Bad time to be a State fan in all sports.

How did we get here?

MaroonFlounder
09-20-2023, 06:53 AM
Here is what is killing us, pitching-wise.

We get no swing & miss on balls that land outside the zone, and that is crucial when we dare to try to paint the corners and never seem to get the calls. MLB is too good for that, but on the college level, we should be able to create some deception and get some swinging strikes on some out-of-zone pitches. It would be better for us to just pitch-to-contact?but hell, those balls tend to leave the yard.

Also, can we trust whoever is calling balls & strikes in the fall? I mean, who does that for us? Do they get paid?
I guarantee you we will not get any decent calls by SEC umps on those corner zone pitches.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-20-2023, 07:15 AM
But but but I was told these guys were so talented they couldn't possibly NOT improve a ton! Siary pitched great in his Summer league against D2 hitters what do you mean he's not a stud?

Parker will improve them from now to game time, but he's not a magician. There's only so much he can do. Guys like Loo are essentially TFr because they got no good coaching their Fr season. If anything, Parker may have some bad habits to undo now vs if they were actual TFr

But hey, at least Selmon didn't have to make a hire in his first year!

Homedawg
09-20-2023, 07:38 AM

We've have multiple games where one team shut the other out. .... it's clearly been better. Now lo and loftin have not. But lo has been just throwing LH. Not sure the reason for that. So

CaptainObvious
09-20-2023, 07:47 AM
We've have multiple games where one team shut the other out. .... it's clearly been better. Now lo and loftin have not. But lo has been just throwing LH. Not sure the reason for that. So

To increase velocity from the left side. Last season he was about 6 mph slower left vs. right. And he has control issues lefty. Constantly pulled across leaving the ball well outside against lefties.

smootness
09-20-2023, 02:37 PM
What a big shock.