PDA

View Full Version : What to do this week

Maverick91
09-19-2023, 09:43 AM
I hope that we can clear some air with some comments that have been made about this staff. I tried to go back the threads and find the exact verbiage. But there are a lot of you that seem to be in the ?know? to know if these comments are true.

1. Someone stated that Arnett cut practices short in the spring and fall? Can someone confirm if this is true?
2. Someone stated that this staff made promises to the players to that would keep a lot of the Air Raid and just add in a running game not completely overhaul to keep players from transferring out.

Can anyone who seems to be in the know confirm or delay these things. If number 1 is true, I am going to firing Arnett today, we will never be competitive much less win the west when we arent using every minute that is allowed for practice time.

If number two is true, I never want to cower to players but if promised were made and the staff said screw it once they had the players back that?s a locker room disaster waiting to happen. If it already is not causing bad blood, which I wouldn?t really blame the players if that were the case.

Edit: this week if either or both of those happened and the staff isn’t fired. Then have full practices and run the offense they was agreed to with the players. Let’s just see if they play better and more inspired.

Goldendawg
09-19-2023, 09:52 AM
Not an insider, but no way this veteran team doesn't know this mainly rookie coaching staff doesn't know what it is doing thus far. For the HC and OC (today's interview) to admit after the last two games that we were not prepared and had a bad game plan is terrible for an SEC staff. Maybe this isn't an SEC quality staff and therein lies the problem. SC game may tell the tale. Winning solves about all problems.

Maverick91
09-19-2023, 11:28 AM
Not an insider, but no way this veteran team doesn't know this mainly rookie coaching staff doesn't know what it is doing thus far. For the HC and OC (today's interview) to admit after the last two games that we were not prepared and had a bad game plan is terrible for an SEC staff. Maybe this isn't an SEC quality staff and therein lies the problem. SC game may tell the tale. Winning solves about all problems.

Don’t disagree… but I keep wondering if that is just coach speak and not wanting to throw players under the bus.

BlackSailsDawg
09-19-2023, 11:37 AM
Don’t disagree… but I keep wondering if that is just coach speak and not wanting to throw players under the bus.

It's not that. If it is, it's not helpful to those guys. Most coaches have no issue calling out players.

TrapGame
09-19-2023, 11:41 AM
If it is true that Arnett shortened practices in spring and fall then administration needs to go ahead and prepare to let him go at the end of the year. Selmon needs to be on the phone with a national search organization today if that rumor is true.

South Carolina is going to tell us a lot about the coaches and players when their backs are against the wall. I'm afraid it's going to tell us the ugly truth: We have a first time head coach in way over his head, a DC that can't DC and an OC that doesn't know what to do with these players in his offense.

Dawgology
09-19-2023, 11:58 AM
If it is true that Arnett shortened practices in spring and fall then administration needs to go ahead and prepare to let him go at the end of the year. Selmon needs to be on the phone with a national search organization today if that rumor is true.

South Carolina is going to tell us a lot about the coaches and players when their backs are against the wall. I'm afraid it's going to tell us the ugly truth: We have a first time head coach in way over his head, a DC that can't DC and an OC that doesn't know what to do with these players in his offense.

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but SC is going to curb stomp us.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2023, 12:05 PM

Possibly as bad as LSU did. They looked great against Georgia. They were just outmatched at every position.

TrapGame
09-19-2023, 12:27 PM

That's my prediction as well. Rattler will look like Cam Newton.

KB21
09-19-2023, 12:30 PM

Somehow, Bill Connolly's model has this as a 1 point win for SC. His model projects a 29-28 score.

KB21
09-19-2023, 12:43 PM
Took this from a post I saw on X:

Bill Walsh said, "The culture precedes positive results...Champions behave like champions before they’re champions; they have a winning standard of performance..."

Success takes time, patience, and fortitude.

Your culture doesn't change overnight.

It changes when you establish a standard of performance and commit to that standard.

Your culture lays the foundation for the organization and the team.

It's in the details, actions, and attitudes that you start to change the culture. It lays the groundwork and foundation for your success to come.

Bill Walsh's 6 Guidelines For Establishing Your Standards of Performance as described in The Score Takes Care of Itself:
1. Alignment - Identify the specific actions and attitudes needed for high performance.
Identifying specific actions and attitudes is crucial as it ensures everyone in the organization understands the criteria for high performance. It creates a shared focus, direction, and expectation for everyone.

2. Communication - Be clear in communicating your expectation of high effort and execution.
Clear communication of expectations is vital for execution and performance. It prevents misunderstandings and promotes a culture of transparency and accountability.

3. Ownership - Let everyone know that you expect them to possess the highest levels of expertise in their area of responsibility.
Expecting expertise in roles encourages people to take responsibility for their growth and own their area. This leads to a more capable and empowered workforce because they know that what they own and are responsible for.

4. Vision and Values - Teach your beliefs, values, and philosophy.
This creates a guiding framework that unifies your team. This shared sense of purpose not only fuels motivation but also helps everyone understand the 'why' behind their actions. It create a deeper commitment to the organization and team's success.

5. Connection - Teach "connection and extension".
This underscores the significance of building strong relationships and caring about people. At the end of the day, people want to know that you care for them. It drives connection, collaboration, and support for the people in the culture.

6. Accountability - Make the expectations and metrics of competence that you demand in action and attitudes from personnel the new reality of your organization.
Establishing clear expectations and metrics isn't just about setting high standards; it's about ensuring those standards become ingrained in the culture. By holding people accountable, you create an environment where excellence becomes the norm. It drives consistent and exceptional results.

“His leadership example of doing your job, treating others with respect, expecting people to do their jobs, and holding them accountable is a formula for success that will work in any good organization.”
- Bill Walsh
- - -

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2023, 12:53 PM
Possibly as bad as LSU did. They looked great against Georgia. They were just outmatched at every position.

Well, I can tell you from being at the game that UGA came out extremely flat and ran typical Bobo game plan on offense (he loves him some slow developing screen plays). USC looked very pedestrian, and outside of the 2 TD drives they had 5 punts, and then finished out the game with a turnover on downs and 2 INTS on their last 3 possessions. UGA was asleep and outgained SC by 150 yards, kept Rattler pretty much in check, and the game was never really in doubt - even down 14-3 at the half. Seriously. UGA gave up 53 rushing yards - 17 of them to Rattler on the last drive that resulted in a an INT. SC did not look great against UGA, UGA just didn't play great.

Leroy Jenkins
09-19-2023, 01:42 PM
Well, I can tell you from being at the game that UGA came out extremely flat and ran typical Bobo game plan on offense (he loves him some slow developing screen plays). USC looked very pedestrian, and outside of the 2 TD drives they had 5 punts, and then finished out the game with a turnover on downs and 2 INTS on their last 3 possessions. UGA was asleep and outgained SC by 150 yards, kept Rattler pretty much in check, and the game was never really in doubt - even down 14-3 at the half. Seriously. UGA gave up 53 rushing yards - 17 of them to Rattler on the last drive that resulted in a an INT. SC did not look great against UGA, UGA just didn't play great.

I was watching some USCe games when I just happened to notice that Brock Bowers had disappeared. So it's not only MSU coaches that can't figure out how to get their playmakers involved.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2023, 02:24 PM
I wasn't at the game. I watched on TV where you can actually see everything that's going on. SC looked really good on the road against the Number 1 team in the nation. I'm sure Georgia was flat, but why??? Why would they think they could come out flat against a rival? The lead should have been more than 14-3 when it was.

Dawgology
09-19-2023, 02:59 PM
That's my prediction as well. Rattler will look like Cam Newton.

Every QB we play will look great with the soft zone we play. I couldn’t tell you how many times I saw our guys fall back 7-8 yards on a 3rd and 5 or less play. We basically gifted them first downs. Unexplainable

StarkVegasSteve
09-19-2023, 03:27 PM
Every QB we play will look great with the soft zone we play. I couldn’t tell you how many times I saw our guys fall back 7-8 yards on a 3rd and 5 or less play. We basically gifted them first downs. Unexplainable

The really sad thing is they were giving 8-9 yds of cushion and STILL getting beat over the top whenever LSU wanted to. Pedestrian Spencer Rattler is going to look like Cam Newton against us. If we get last year Tennessee Spencer Rattler then he is going to look like Patrick Mahomes

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2023, 05:38 PM
I wasn't at the game. I watched on TV where you can actually see everything that's going on. SC looked really good on the road against the Number 1 team in the nation. I'm sure Georgia was flat, but why??? Why would they think they could come out flat against a rival? The lead should have been more than 14-3 when it was.

South Carolina is NOT a rival for UGA. They are in the same sense that we are to Bama - they've played a ton and are close geographically - but the 18-51-2 record tells you what you need to know.