PDA

View Full Version : NFL Contracts

EdwardDrayton
09-18-2023, 04:25 PM
When will the insanity end .............

* Mahomes, 4-year, $210 million, ALL GUARANTEED
* Burrow, 5-year, $275 million, $219 million guaranteed
* Lamar Jackson, 5-year; $260 million, $185 million guaranteed
* Deshaun Watson, 5-year, $230 million, ALL GUARANTEED
* Justin Herbert, 5-year, $262 million, $219 million guaranteed

parabrave
09-18-2023, 04:30 PM
Mahomes is worth it. Not the others,

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 04:33 PM
No wonder you can't touch the QB running downfield or only between, what, the knees and shoulders when he is in the pocket. This has ruined the game. Only watch the game in its entirety when Dak plays and I had always hated Dallas. These salaries against the salary cap are also the reason for so many mediocre teams. Then the QB's complain they don't have good OL, WR, etc.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2023, 04:36 PM
QBs get paid. That said, it'll end when the TV bubble bursts. Attendance for the NFL is in freefall and had been for years. Combine that with them pushing a social agenda that's run off many, many fans and the underlying financials aren't good. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team declare bankruptcy or fold with all the crazy contracts being given out, because it isn't just QBs. DEs, CBs, and WRs are getting massive contracts now too. Plus the millions they pay coaches and the buyouts to fire them for losing. It just isn't sustainable.

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 04:37 PM

Article showing email today of Mahomes's Mom complaining about having trouble finding reasonable health insurance rates. Wow, what a son or maybe doesn't want his help.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-19-2023, 05:32 AM
Dak’s deal is a bargain for the Cowboys.

smootness
09-19-2023, 05:38 AM
Why is this insanity?

Pancho
09-19-2023, 06:12 AM
I think due to the extremely high figures maybe.

KB21
09-19-2023, 06:46 AM
Tua?s contract extension will be the next big one.

smootness
09-19-2023, 07:04 AM
I think due to the extremely high figures maybe.

Has anyone seen how much money the NFL makes?

It is called capitalism.

msstate7
09-19-2023, 07:36 AM
Tua?s contract extension will be the next big one.

If he stays healthy. He's just as likely to be out of the league bc of concussions

EdwardDrayton
09-19-2023, 07:53 AM
Has anyone seen how much money the NFL makes?

It is called capitalism.

Yeah, and there's never been any examples of using capital unwisely.

NWADAWG
09-19-2023, 08:16 AM

As amazing as Mahomes is, I'm not sure any QB is worth that in the big picture. That's a lot of millions you can't spend on other players.

As much as I don't like Tom Brady, he gave up money several times to buy a better overall team. It worked out pretty well for him.

Captain Falcon
09-19-2023, 09:49 AM
Mahomes is worth every penny.
Burrow deal is probably worth it given what he?s already accomplished.
We will see on Jackson and Herbert, good QB?s that do not have any real postseason success yet.
Watson?s deal is not looking good at all right now. He does not seem like the same QB he was for Houston/pre-missing 1.75 seasons.

Maverick91
09-19-2023, 09:54 AM
QBs get paid. That said, it'll end when the TV bubble bursts. Attendance for the NFL is in freefall and had been for years. Combine that with them pushing a social agenda that's run off many, many fans and the underlying financials aren't good. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team declare bankruptcy or fold with all the crazy contracts being given out, because it isn't just QBs. DEs, CBs, and WRs are getting massive contracts now too. Plus the millions they pay coaches and the buyouts to fire them for losing. It just isn't sustainable.

That’s why they lost me. It’s football play football don’t push an agenda Idc what the agenda is, I used to love pro ball the speed of the game the execution. Really nice to watch.

Tater
09-19-2023, 10:01 AM
The USA is a monolith culture based around football. The ratings dipping are only due to the problem cable companies are having right now. Once we get back to where regular options are easier / comparable with pirating, ratings will increase.

People say they're quitting it all the time for this that and the other. Yet they still talk about it. They still keep up with it. They still actually watch.

And the product is as good as ever with the amount of parity that a salary cap / no max contract brings in. Basketball would generate more parity if they eliminated the max contract; however, the NBA PA would never allow it because that benefits like maybe 10 players monetarily as opposed to spreading the wealth around.

ArrowDawg
09-19-2023, 10:02 AM
If a team wants to pay their QB that much money, I got no problem with it. That's their business. They just better understand that their likelihood of ever winning anything of significance is going to be low. As great as Mahomes is, he's still going to need playmakers and a defense. Can't pay anybody good if all the money is going to one guy.

Tater
09-19-2023, 10:04 AM
If a team wants to pay their QB that much money, I got no problem with it. That's their business. They just better understand that their likelihood of ever winning anything of significance is going to be low. As great as Mahomes is, he's still going to need playmakers and a defense. Can't pay anybody good if all the money is going to one guy.

Who's the most recent Super Bowl winner.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-19-2023, 01:25 PM
Mahomes is worth every penny.
Burrow deal is probably worth it given what he?s already accomplished.
We will see on Jackson and Herbert, good QB?s that do not have any real postseason success yet.
Watson?s deal is not looking good at all right now. He does not seem like the same QB he was for Houston/pre-missing 1.75 seasons.

I was told Deshaun Watson was an elite quarterback. He has just 7 touchdown passes in the 2 years prior to this one. https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?91003-Deshaun-Watson-to-saints-or-panthers

Tater
09-19-2023, 04:58 PM
The USA is a monolith culture based around football. The ratings dipping are only due to the problem cable companies are having right now. Once we get back to where regular options are easier / comparable with pirating, ratings will increase.

People say they're quitting it all the time for this that and the other. Yet they still talk about it. They still keep up with it. They still actually watch.

And the product is as good as ever with the amount of parity that a salary cap / no max contract brings in. Basketball would generate more parity if they eliminated the max contract; however, the NBA PA would never allow it because that benefits like maybe 10 players monetarily as opposed to spreading the wealth around.

Someone decided to give this negative rep because they "know someone else who's quit watching, and they've quit watching."

I just want to point out that you have selection bias and an echo chamber. To explain this easier, I'm a man and I've never needed to take birth control pills to never get pregnant. Neither has 9 of my other male friends. Why even have birth control it's not needed.

That's what you sound like. Except you used the reputation button to hide behind your opinion in the shadows. Grow up.