09-18-2023, 08:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6RD2kdXYAAKUt3?format=jpg&name=medium

Dawgface
09-18-2023, 09:28 AM
Coming out of its shell this weekend. :p

KB21
09-18-2023, 09:31 AM
Coming out of its shell this weekend. :p

Barbay is just keeping things under wraps.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 09:32 AM
Until he's got an SEC athlete at QB, he's really handcuffed.

People tore down the Air Raid for 3 years when we never had a QB that could maximize it. What could a mobile QB have done against drop 8? Literally ran for 6 yards whenever they wanted.

What could a QB with SEC arm strength have done to stretch the field in the Air Raid? I have zero clue why Leach ever recruited Rogers. He's the least talented QB Leach ever had. Leach recruited DeLaura to Wazzu for goodness sakes.

Barbay may be awful, but until he gets someone that meets the low threshold of the athleticism needed to be an SEC QB, I just can't completely blame him yet.

The fact that Ole Miss has 4 QBs that are better than our starter is a complete embarrassment to our program. Think about it.

gtowndawg
09-18-2023, 09:41 AM
Afraid we need to play a mulligan at the end of this year and just admit we messed up. Our coach passed away, we had no AD, it was late in the process to start a real search. People will understand. Go get a head coach/staff that has experience and a real offensive identity and let's hit the rest button.

Mjoelner34
09-18-2023, 09:43 AM
Barbay is just keeping things under wraps.

I hope I don't get into trouble for spilling the beans but the double top secret baseball transfers who aren't in the portal because they don't want other teams to know they are transferring are going to be our secret weapons once we quit holding back and fully unleash the might of this offense.**

msstate7
09-18-2023, 09:45 AM
I'm with shotgun... we have to find a dual threat guy this offseason. In the portal age, no excuse to be this poor again next season.

confucius say
09-18-2023, 09:47 AM

People tore down the Air Raid for 3 years when we never had a QB that could maximize it. What could a mobile QB have done against drop 8? Literally ran for 6 yards whenever they wanted.

What could a QB with SEC arm strength have done to stretch the field in the Air Raid? I have zero clue why Leach ever recruited Rogers. He's the least talented QB Leach ever had. Leach recruited DeLaura to Wazzu for goodness sakes.

Barbay may be awful, but until he gets someone that meets the low threshold of the athleticism needed to be an SEC QB, I just can't completely blame him yet.

The fact that Ole Miss has 4 QBs that are better than our starter is a complete embarrassment to our program. Think about it.

Yep. The Air Raid wasn't the problem. To the contrary, it was the only offense that could make us middle of the pack with this personnel. I like will for what he's done for us, but it's true.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 10:04 AM
I'm with shotgun... we have to find a dual threat guy this offseason. In the portal age, no excuse to be this poor again next season.

We've been bringing a knife to a tank fight for 4 years now. We just had a top 10 coach, with in the most unique offense in history, for 3 years & he could hide Will.

It's been so clear but, due to the amount of quantity stats Will was putting up, the lovers always had a comeback.

The truth is that Air Raid never got off the ground at MSU because Leach made a decision early on to enhance his floor rather than try to win big. We never had a QB that could scratch the surface of what the Air Raid could've done

HaggardDawg
09-18-2023, 10:05 AM

He ?recruited? Rogers at WSU as a courtesy to Gardner Minshew. It was to get his name out there because no one was recruiting him. Moorhead recruited Rogers. Ironically Leach wound up with Rogers and got as much out of him as possible which just an unbelievable coaching job. But, why did they never recruit over him is beyond me.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 10:07 AM
why did they never recruit over him is beyond me.

I'm not sold we didn't recruit over him, but the coaches always trusted Will's knowledge of the offense & leadership to the point that no one else ever got the reps & shot to really be better.

We recruited multiple TX QBs that may have been better had we taken the lumps & allowed them to grow into the role.

maroonmania
09-18-2023, 10:23 AM
Wills problem at QB is the same that it's always been. He's lacks athleticism for mobility and he can't make crisp, accurate throws downfield. The dink and dunk Air Raid version we were running helped mask both of those things. Also, we have the lowest paid coaching staff in the SEC by a wide, wide margin. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Dawgology
09-18-2023, 10:26 AM
Wills problem at QB is the same that it's always been. He's lacks athleticism for mobility and he can't make crisp, accurate throws downfield. The dink and dunk Air Raid version we were running helped mask both of those things. Also, we have the lowest paid coaching staff in the SEC by a wide, wide margin. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

But look at the money we are saving!!!!***

Todd4State
09-18-2023, 10:35 AM
Will is only part of the problem on offense. It's a complete system failure from the coach on down.

You're telling me that we have two guys that have won SEC games- one is an all time passing leader and the other won some big games at Vandy- and he can't figure something out that works?

Cooterpoot
09-18-2023, 10:36 AM
We turned our program over to a coach who can't handle it. Keenum drug his feet on an AD hire and 17'd our football program.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-18-2023, 10:38 AM
But look at the money we are saving!!!!***

So much saved to get a good HC in baseball! Oh we didn't fire him? Uh... so much money saved to pay for good NIL portal players!****

At the end of the day success in college sports is largely dependent on money. If we want to scrimp and save and and hope we get lucky we will fail in all sports. We need boosters. I know theses this big push on here for consistent small donations from everyone, but the fact is most other SEC programs have guys that can cut a single check and dwarf outer best efforts, AND they have larger fanbases to get small donations from too.

We are already behind the financial 8ball. Not spending what we could on NIL and not spending what we could on a coaching staff is not going to work, ever.

maroonmania
09-18-2023, 10:41 AM
We turned our program over to a coach who can't handle it. Keenum drug his feet on an AD hire and 17'd our football program.

And even the AD he hired has never been an AD before and has never hired or fired a coach. He's basically been a marketing guy. I don't know if he can make decent coaching hires or not since he has never done it. I feel like a bunch of the folks in our athletic department and football staff are all just guys in training.

TrapGame
09-18-2023, 10:41 AM
Afraid we need to play a mulligan at the end of this year and just admit we messed up. Our coach passed away, we had no AD, it was late in the process to start a real search. People will understand. Go get a head coach/staff that has experience and a real offensive identity and let's hit the rest button.

If we go 4-8 this is exactly what's going to happen. And if we do go 4-8 and Selmon praises him and gives him another year, we'll know what we have in an AD too. Remember, Vandy fired a coach that went 2-10 his first year.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 10:44 AM
Will is only part of the problem on offense. It's a complete system failure from the coach on down.

You're telling me that we have two guys that have won SEC games- one is an all time passing leader and the other won some big games at Vandy- and he can't figure something out that works?

He is only part of the problem, but it's easiest to replace one guy rather than many. So you start with the one guy & see where it goes

MBDawg601
09-18-2023, 11:29 AM
I bet our defensive stats are just as bad.

We are not good in any aspect.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 11:37 AM
He is only part of the problem, but it's easiest to replace one guy rather than many. So you start with the one guy & see where it goes

No, you start with where the failure began. The top. Barbay was a piss poor hire even if you are going away from any type of Air Raid system. You, as a HC, hired OL and WR coaches without knowing who was going to be the OC. That's just plain stupid!

Fix it from the top down!

WinningIsRelentless
09-18-2023, 11:39 AM
No, you start with where the failure began. The top. Barbay was a piss poor hire even if you are going away from any type of Air Raid system. You, as a HC, hired OL and WR coaches without knowing who was going to be the OC. That's just plain stupid!

Mike Wright moves the win total +2 over Will Rogers win total.

MBDawg601
09-18-2023, 11:39 AM

Amen, I don't know why people try to give the HC a pass. They are paid well for the line of work and need to be held responsible. My piss ant job wouldn't tolerate dumb expensive decisions.

KB21
09-18-2023, 11:40 AM

LOL! Some of you really think you can win by running that damn ball every ****ing down, huh?

MBDawg601
09-18-2023, 11:41 AM

Mike Wright doesn't play defense. Did you watch Saturday's game?

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 11:42 AM
I bet our defensive stats are just as bad.

We are not good in any aspect.

Our total offense is now ranked 95th in the nation. Our rushing game is only ranked 47th. Passing offense... 116th.

Our defense is worse. They are ranked 99th in the nation.

This is a coaching problem.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 11:43 AM

Nothing in his history shows that. Not one damn thing.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 11:46 AM
LOL! Some of you really think you can win by running that damn ball every ****ing down, huh?

JoMo was better than this.

His offense was ranked 70th.

Think about that...

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 11:47 AM

Wright's history at Vandy indicates that we don't have to run the ball every play.

Seems as if we could do some play action stuff & create some conflict due to his running ability.

MBDawg601
09-18-2023, 11:48 AM
JoMo was better than this.

His offense was ranked 70th.

Think about that...

Think about this, we JUST entered SEC play. Our numbers will only get worse.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 11:52 AM
Wright's history at Vandy indicates that we don't have to run the ball every play.

Seems as if we could do some play action stuff & create some conflict due to his running ability.

His history says he can not throw accurately.

Fix the problem... the staff!

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 11:53 AM
Think about this, we JUST entered SEC play. Our numbers will only get worse.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MBDawg601 again.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 11:55 AM

What's the problem?

There are plays there to be made but we aren't making them. I don't know if Wright is the answer, but he's got a plus tool & could help us. We've got to try that.

KB21
09-18-2023, 11:56 AM

Barbay can't change his offense to fit an Air Raid QB, and we have some that thinks he can change it to fit a run only QB.

DownwardDawg
09-18-2023, 11:58 AM

People on this board aren't smart enough to understand that, and they've completely forgotten about Relf and Fitz. I bet Wright can throw as good or better than both of those guys.

LSU defense was ranked 13th in the SEC against the run. Next to last. And we came out passing the ball with Will who they know is zero threat to run.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2023, 12:03 PM
Arnett made bad hires. We've got a handful of good coaches, the rest can hit the road. Arnett needs to get us to 6 wins or he can go too.
We've got 17ing OL pulling in different directions on the same play and running into each other. They can't figure out who to block. A QB that's lost because he's always run an air raid type system. We ground and pound in an offense that will never work here because it never has. Good coaching wouldn't look this bad. It's ok to expect some issues, but this is a cluster 17. Makes Morehead look semi-competent.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 12:07 PM
What's the problem?

There are plays there to be made but we aren't making them. I don't know if Wright is the answer, but he's got a plus tool & could help us. We've got to try that.

The problem is the staff. From top to bottom. Itemized:

- Hired an OL coach without knowing who is going to be OC.
- That hire was of a coach that ruined OLs at his last stops.

- Hired a WR coach without knowing who the OC was.

Those 2 things 100% hampered Barbay.

- Hired an OC with NO real experience to totally change the offense with SR team.
- He's not been able to coach that offense. Nobody knows what's going on on the field.

We hired rookies (as another poster put it) and expected more than we should have...

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 12:10 PM
People on this board aren't smart enough to understand that, and they've completely forgotten about Relf and Fitz. I bet Wright can throw as good or better than both of those guys.

LSU defense was ranked 13th in the SEC against the run. Next to last. And we came out passing the ball with Will who they know is zero threat to run.

Whatever... LSU defense ranks like this:

Total Defense 60 338.3
Rushing Defense 74 130.7
Passing Yards Allowed 61 207.7
Team Passing Efficiency Defense 64 129.49

Cooterpoot
09-18-2023, 12:13 PM
We have WRs running wide ass open every game. WR coaching ain't a problem. We don't have a single P5 TE on this roster but by god, we throw them out there. It's a comedy of terrible coaching and some lack of talent too. But WR aint the problem. Barbay and Arnett aren't doing what they told players they'd be doing. There are some pissed off people.

KB21
09-18-2023, 12:15 PM
We have WRs running wide ass open every game. WR coaching ain't a problem. We don't have a single P5 TE on this roster but by god, we throw them out there. It's a comedy of terrible coaching and some lack of talent too. But WR aint the problem. Barbay and Arnett aren't doing what they told players they'd be doing. There are some pissed off people.

We are going to play our best 11 guys. Isn't that what was said when Barbay was asked to describe his offense? Is Rylan Goode and Malik Ellis two of the best 11 players on offense?

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 12:22 PM

Not many running wide ass open... a lot running poor routes!

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 12:25 PM
We are going to play our best 11 guys. Isn't that what was said when Barbay was asked to describe his offense? Is Rylan Goode and Malik Ellis two of the best 11 players on offense?

DING friggin DING!

KB21
09-18-2023, 12:31 PM
DING friggin DING!

If we are playing our best guys, we are in 10 and 20 personnel the entire ****ing game.

The issue is, Barbay isn't smart enough to figure out how to run wide zone out of 10 personnel.

HancockCountyDog
09-18-2023, 12:50 PM
Barbay and Arnett aren't doing what they told players they'd be doing. There are some pissed-off people.

This is the biggest issue facing our program right now. I'm not sure some people on here get it. Players were told that we were not scrapping the air raid. Players were told that we were just going to add more run concepts to it, but that we would still be an air raid offense. That doesn't just mean "throw the ball". That means the same OL splits, the quick decision from the QB, having 4 WRs on the field the majority of the game, not running read-option with a non-mobile QB, and keeping the same terminology.

Well, none of that has happened. Some of us who didn't like the air raid (Hand Raised) also understood that we had a senior laden team that had run the air raid for three years, and at a minimum we could have an average offense (production-wise) and depending on the opponent, we could cause problems for other teams because we had a QB that could run that offense very well.

Instead of the air raid we are running an offense that is tailored towards a dual-threat QB with a power OL.

Tyler Russell was a damn good QB. Mullen's offense did not fit him. Relf was not a good QB. He was perfect for Mullen's offense.

Will Rogers is a damn good air raid QB. He is a terrible QB in this offense. The coaching staff is setting him up to fail. Sure, Will is not playing well, no one would debate that, but why in the world are we running this offense is beyond me. You are wasting a senior laden OL that protected Will very well last year, because they were very comfortable in the system and the system protected them. Now, you are asking not very talented OL to pass block for 5-6 seconds on slow-developing PA passes? Just madness.

What pisses me off is that we will graduate about 26 significant players from this year's team and I just can't imagine what our DL/OL will look like. People have already been talking about the lack of recruiting under Leach, well i was willing to pay that price next year, with the understanding that we get to enjoy this year.

This was not the deal.

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 01:29 PM
This is the biggest issue facing our program right now. I'm not sure some people on here get it. Players were told that we were not scrapping the air raid. Players were told that we were just going to add more run concepts to it, but that we would still be an air raid offense. That doesn't just mean "throw the ball". That means the same OL splits, the quick decision from the QB, having 4 WRs on the field the majority of the game, not running read-option with a non-mobile QB, and keeping the same terminology.

Well, none of that has happened. Some of us who didn't like the air raid (Hand Raised) also understood that we had a senior laden team that had run the air raid for three years, and at a minimum we could have an average offense (production-wise) and depending on the opponent, we could cause problems for other teams because we had a QB that could run that offense very well.

Instead of the air raid we are running an offense that is tailored towards a dual-threat QB with a power OL.

Tyler Russell was a damn good QB. Mullen's offense did not fit him. Relf was not a good QB. He was perfect for Mullen's offense.

Will Rogers is a damn good air raid QB. He is a terrible QB in this offense. The coaching staff is setting him up to fail. Sure, Will is not playing well, no one would debate that, but why in the world are we running this offense is beyond me. You are wasting a senior laden OL that protected Will very well last year, because they were very comfortable in the system and the system protected them. Now, you are asking not very talented OL to pass block for 5-6 seconds on slow-developing PA passes? Just madness.

What pisses me off is that we will graduate about 26 significant players from this year's team and I just can't imagine what our DL/OL will look like. People have already been talking about the lack of recruiting under Leach, well i was willing to pay that price next year, with the understanding that we get to enjoy this year.

This was not the deal.

Checked our recruiting lately? You can also add the joke/lie that this staff with so many MS connections would clean up in-state recruiting. Also our 1st year DC is a horror show.

gtowndawg
09-18-2023, 01:33 PM

This was not the deal.

This has locker room problems written all over it. We could be witnessing a total meltdown. Coaches don't know what they are doing, and the players don't care.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/7yoAIR7CdWOUE/giphy.gif

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 01:46 PM
This has locker room problems written all over it. We could be witnessing a total meltdown. Coaches don't know what they are doing, and the players don't care.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/7yoAIR7CdWOUE/giphy.gif

No, and they prove that every time they are in front of the media.

Look at this answer:

Is there a sense of urgency to find the same five on the offensive line?

Arnett: It depends on the game too. If you can rotate a couple of guys, you keep more guys fresh. As soon as we solidify who the definitive five are, it’ll be those five full-time.

How can we not know at this point?

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Barbay can't change his offense to fit an Air Raid QB, and we have some that thinks he can change it to fit a run only QB.

We get it, you pray to a shrine of Will every night. But the facts don't back up your assertion. For his career, Wright has thrown the ball 334 times for 2071 yards and completed 55.4% of his passes. For comparison, Relf threw it 460 times for 3297 yards and completed 58% of his passes. When it comes to rushing, Wright has 183 carries for 1002 yards, averaging 5.5 yards per rush. Relf had 400 carries for 1575 yards and averaged 3.9 yards per rush.

Based on those numbers, Wright is only slightly worse than Relf at passing and better at rushing. Let him start. His mobility is worth the drop in accuracy.

KB21
09-18-2023, 01:59 PM
We get it, you pray to a shrine of Will every night. But the facts don't back up your assertion. For his career, Wright has thrown the ball 334 times for 2071 yards and completed 55.4% of his passes. For comparison, Relf threw it 460 times for 3297 yards and completed 58% of his passes. When it comes to rushing, Wright has 183 carries for 1002 yards, averaging 5.5 yards per rush. Relf had 400 carries for 1575 yards and averaged 3.9 yards per rush.

Based on those numbers, Wright is only slightly worse than Relf at passing and better at rushing. Let him start. His mobility is worth the drop in accuracy.

Yeah. It doesn't matter that we will not have a hope at having a legitimate passing game with Wright at QB.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2023, 02:01 PM
Barbay can't run a Relf offense. He's never done it or anything close to it. Wright will be the same stuff with an athletic QB.
I'll be surprised if this isn't just a bad year, but a terrible one. Losing what we lose this year, our football program is dead unless we hire a HC & staff that is one hell of a recruiting bunch and we spend NIL on portal guys. Good luck with that!

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2023, 02:02 PM
Yeah. It doesn't matter that we will not have a hope at having a legitimate passing game with Wright at QB.

Yeah, because that legitimate passing game had us with 78 yards of total offense at halftime with Will playing QB. You're just trolling at this point.

KB21
09-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Yeah, because that legitimate passing game had us with 78 yards of total offense at halftime with Will playing QB. You're just trolling at this point.

Not trolling. I'm just trying to talk some sense into dumbasses that think all the problems with this offense are related to Will, and those that think Mike Wright is better because he can run even though he can't throw the ball into the ocean.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2023, 02:23 PM

Ellis is a solid blocker in the run game (he's a OL) but it tips our hand on play calling a bit. Goede has no business being on the roster.

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 02:54 PM

People or players? Also, what did they tell players and why aren?t we doing it? Is it because Will is sucking or something else?

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 03:13 PM

This was not the deal.

Does anyone know if they players are going to stand up and say “hey coaches y’all told us one thing and are doing something completely different?”

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 03:15 PM
No, and they prove that every time they are in front of the media.

Look at this answer:

Is there a sense of urgency to find the same five on the offensive line?

Arnett: It depends on the game too. If you can rotate a couple of guys, you keep more guys fresh. As soon as we solidify who the definitive five are, it’ll be those five full-time.

How can we not know at this point?

That was not the only worrisome statement in the Monday interview, "Hoping our players are excited about that opportunity" ( to play SC). Free read on genespage, "Arnett Monday Q and A".

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know if they players are going to stand up and say “hey coaches y’all told us one thing and are doing something completely different?”

If the players have taken U.S. History, they know Custer had a better game plan at The Little Bighorn than our coaches on both sides of the ball to date.***

KB21
09-18-2023, 03:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6VgRUxXkAIbvFr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EPA on our scripted (first 15 plays) is among the worst in college football. EPA on unscripted plays (15+) is average.

calidawg
09-18-2023, 04:27 PM
Not trolling. I'm just trying to talk some sense into dumbasses that think all the problems with this offense are related to Will, and those that think Mike Wright is better because he can run even though he can't throw the ball into the ocean.

No you are trolling and it's annoying. I don't like barbay either and think he's an idiot. I think will sucks too. Both are true

dawgday166
09-18-2023, 09:25 PM
If the players have taken U.S. History, they know Custer had a better game plan at The Little Bighorn than our coaches on both sides of the ball to date.***

Custer was holding back till the next battle. He didn't want the Sioux to figure out his offense.

CaptainObvious
09-18-2023, 09:51 PM
Custer was holding back till the next battle. He didn't want the Sioux to figure out his offense.

Well, Custer thought Sioux meant Girl in Dakota Indian parlance.

Bothrops
09-18-2023, 10:23 PM
Barbay can save the staff by just making one simple decision.

The Federalist Engineer
09-18-2023, 11:08 PM

Arkansas beat Kent State, Western Carolina, and Lost to BYU. I think MSU is 3-0 with that schedule

Same, 3-0 with Rutgers schedule

vindastra
09-18-2023, 11:08 PM

Who cares dude? That effing "passing" game is losing us games.

I don't care if a Long John Silver is at QB, just WIN the game.

Jarius
09-18-2023, 11:19 PM

We don’t think he’s going to win with either but since Will can’t get out of the way of literally anyone and the OL can’t block anyone the best option is someone that can actually avoid pressure within the pocket. That is still going to result in a lot of ass whippings and Arnett getting fired, but it at least gives us a chance to get lucky.

TorpedoIPA
09-21-2023, 08:25 AM
Yep. The Air Raid wasn't the problem. To the contrary, it was the only offense that could make us middle of the pack with this personnel. I like will for what he's done for us, but it's true.
The good thing about Leach's system was that it consisted of a limited number of plays we could practice and master. And since Leach was the only one who still ran the true Air Raid, teams had only one week to practice their "DROP 8" strategy. Meanwhile, we faced it all the time. Talent is the thing but I always felt the Air Raid gave us a chance.

Goldendawg
09-21-2023, 09:34 AM
I remember us criticizing Watson Brown (and about every other OC including Bruce Arians, Les Koenning......) that our players weren't "smart enough" to run his offense. Shouldn't be the issue here with a group of 5th and 6th year graduate players coming off a 9 win season. May have another stubborn, change everything "JoMo" staff.

Leroy Jenkins
09-21-2023, 01:00 PM

According to this graphic Arizona is going to push our shit in.

Matt3467
09-21-2023, 01:20 PM
Arkansas beat Kent State, Western Carolina, and Lost to BYU. I think MSU is 3-0 with that schedule

Same, 3-0 with Rutgers schedule

Ehh BYU is a good team. I think they're better than AZ.

Jarius
09-21-2023, 04:28 PM
Ehh BYU is a good team. I think they're better than AZ.

BYU beat Sam Houston State 14-7.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2023, 04:48 PM
According to this graphic Arizona is going to push our shit in.

They would have were it not for 5 turnovers

Matt3467
09-21-2023, 05:38 PM
BYU beat Sam Houston State 14-7.

14-0 but I see what you mean. However beating arkansas in Fayetteville is a really good win and Arkansas probably beats us good this year if a miracle doesn't happen.

Leroy Jenkins
09-21-2023, 05:41 PM
They would have were it not for 5 turnovers

You say turnover, I say takeaway.

Jarius
09-21-2023, 06:26 PM
14-0 but I see what you mean. However beating arkansas in Fayetteville is a really good win and Arkansas probably beats us good this year if a miracle doesn't happen.

It will not take a miracle for us to beat arkansas. Their stadium will be half full by the time we get them. They are going 4-8. They are not as good as Arizona.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2023, 07:13 PM
You say turnover, I say takeaway.

A freak 1 handed grab by the CB is a takeaway. A defender wrapping up the ballcarrier and a 2nd defender ripping the ball out is a takeaway. the DE destroying hte OT and getting the strip sack is a takeaway. Playing base defense and the QB just throws it into a crowed? That's the QB. RB fumbles on a routine tackle? that's his fault.

Turnovers are a lot like penalties... yeah the defense can cause turnovers just like elite WR play can cause PI's or an elite DE can cause the OT to hold, but if a team has 10 penalties for 105 yards, they just played undisciplined. And if you turn the ball over 5 times, you were making awful decisions.

We also had homefield advantage, a timezone advantage, were given many TO's (even if you think the D deserved some that's still several due to bad Zona play), and needed a great play from the RB in OT to win. And they came 6 inches short of a fresh set of downs too and probably would have scored.

Leroy Jenkins
09-21-2023, 07:26 PM
What about a ref calling a TD when you can't see the ball? Or a receiver running out of the back line of the endzone and catching a TD? Why do you hate yourself so much?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2023, 08:21 PM
What about a ref calling a TD when you can't see the ball? Or a receiver running out of the back line of the endzone and catching a TD? Why do you hate yourself so much?

You're right we whipped Zona, absolutely dominated them. Does that make you happy? I don't "hate myself", I do call it like I see it. Saying that Zona game was anything other than a nailbiter we won because of Zona playing an unclean game is just not true

DownwardDawg
09-21-2023, 09:06 PM
It will not take a miracle for us to beat arkansas. Their stadium will be half full by the time we get them. They are going 4-8. They are not as good as Arizona.
I agree with this. One of the SEC teams we "should" beat. Maybe aTm because well.......Jimbo. We'll always have a great shot as long as he is their coach. Kentucky should be a win. Auburn is a big question and a potential win. Ole miss at our house is a tossup. They aren't very good either.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2023, 09:10 PM
I agree with this. One of the SEC teams we "should" beat. Maybe aTm because well.......Jimbo. We'll always have a great shot as long as he is their coach. Kentucky should be a win. Auburn is a big question and a potential win. Ole miss at our house is a tossup. They aren't very good either.

Are you saying what "this roster" should be able to beat or what "the team we've seen so far" should beat? For example, the roster is quite capable of beating OM, but this team that played these last 2 weeks would get beat 52-10

DownwardDawg
09-21-2023, 09:30 PM
Are you saying what "this roster" should be able to beat or what "the team we've seen so far" should beat? For example, the roster is quite capable of beating OM, but this team that played these last 2 weeks would get beat 52-10

This roster, plus a complete change in coaching style. (Direction) This team isn't beating any SEC opponent the way they've played so far. But those teams I mentioned are very beatable this year. Can this coaching staff find their way and take advantage? I doubt it, but it's possible.

Matt3467
09-22-2023, 08:03 AM

My sentiments as well. We are more than capable of competing in the west however not with the product that's been put on the field the last several weeks and there doesn't seem to be any indication it's going to get better. Unless some drastic changes are made I think we're underdogs in every game left on the schedule aside from Southern Miss and rightly so.

Edit: Forgot we had Western Michigan on the schedule.