PDA

View Full Version : NIL - 30,000 people x $20 / month

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 07:55 PM
$7.2 M per year

This has to be the goal.

We will compete with that, and it?s not that much.

smootness
09-17-2023, 08:00 PM
That is not within the realm of realistic.

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 08:08 PM
Yes it is.

All our fans probably have

ESPn +
HULu
Starbucks every am
Etc
Etc

They are not thinking. They spend more than this on coffee when what would make them happy is having a 5 star QB, a 5 star power forward and 2 aces.

It?s $20 / month away.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2023, 08:12 PM
I spent 15 dollars on McDonald?s breakfast this morning.

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 08:16 PM
Ha exactly .

People are spending so much non things that do t make them happy. They don?t even realize it.

How about ?wow, Mississippi state has lots of $ now. They just paid Arch Manning $2m to leave Texas.?

That would make me and all of you happy.

And it?s not that hard. Just takes everyone.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2023, 08:18 PM
Will our coaching staff swing for the fences with the money? Seriously buying 5 stars regardless?

Topbulldawg
09-17-2023, 08:31 PM
There is no way you are going to get 30K people to sign-up for $20/month. I think we need to be creative to raise the money. Somehow we have to get the bulldog initiative getting a share of the pie from the athletic department (maybe a $10 Bulldog Initiative surcharge per ticket). Asking people to open their wallet up separate isn't going to work. A ticket exchange where there is a bulldog initiative surcharge would be interesting. Optional Restaurant surcharges for the BI initiative may work as well.

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 08:42 PM
I don?t think they are able to just take AD funds or they would have already done it.

We should have tents at every game asking people to sign up monthly any amount.

Creative one time items are great but they are just that - one time.

We need a base of monthly support and they should be working to get
It.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 08:55 PM
$7.2 M per year

This has to be the goal.

We will compete with that, and it?s not that much.

I will not commit any more dollars outside of what I ALREADY do when people that are not hired are hiring staff. I won't do it. I will give that money to a youth group

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 09:01 PM
Ok dude. Thanks for what you already do.

We?ll count you out on this one.

Goldendawg
09-17-2023, 09:02 PM
Charlie himself replied in a thread regarding NIL yesterday. He said that every FB player has a NIL deal now. Said our NIL was in the best position it had been to date, but of course couldn't give figures. He said that it is against state law in every state (SEC?) but MO to announce figures on NIL deals for HS commits. Gonna be tough to get 30K people to pay $20 month when we only sold about 40K season tickets including students and crowed about that when stadium has had lots of empty seats at all 3 home games to date and on the field product and coaching better get better fast or it could get worse. As a 55 year season ticket holder SELA was worrisome and AZ & LSU terrible to watch even though AZ was a win. We are lucky to have Charlie and he seems to be doing a great job. NIL/Portal is a real challenge & unregulated mess. "Free Spivey"!

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 09:07 PM
I agree with everything y?all are saying.

However, I do not think you look at this as based on play from Saturday or whenever.

We are simply building a base of $$$ to get good players. If coaches or admin screw up or spend foolishly, fire them.

We still need the base of $$.

It is not a reward for our coaches in how we played..:it is simply a base of $$ so we can get good players.

I think it has 0 to do with Arnett or any of the coaches.

viverlibre
09-17-2023, 09:16 PM
(maybe a $10 Bulldog Initiative surcharge per ticket).

Interesting idea, or let the BI get involved in some type of secondary market ticket exchange. Currently its mostly done on FB (for free) or seat geek. Maybe the BI can get involved and resale tickets that season ticket holders aren't going to use.

Optional Restaurant surcharges for the BI initiative may work as well.

Obey's already does this, I assuming Two Brothers, Bin 612, etc does as well?

We need to be creative.

Homedawg
09-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Yes it is.

All our fans probably have

ESPn +
HULu
Starbucks every am
Etc
Etc

They are not thinking. They spend more than this on coffee when what would make them happy is having a 5 star QB, a 5 star power forward and 2 aces.

It?s $20 / month away.

No it's not. Not even close to possible.

Apoplectic
09-17-2023, 09:30 PM
i suggest you pass an offering plate at every game.

NeuteredDawg
09-17-2023, 09:33 PM
Put a $20 toll on all majors roads coming in to Starkville that are only active on home games. Toll by plate.

cheewgumm
09-17-2023, 09:36 PM
Ok, it is not possible. We all agree.

Some number is possible. Let?s get to that number.

You can call X number of people and set up tents to sign people up at every event and some number will sign up.

It will not be 0.

DawgFromOxford
09-17-2023, 09:37 PM
Is it possible? Yes. Is it realistic? No.

About 5ish years ago i heard a stat that about 20% of Mississippi state alumni give back to the university be it $1 or a billion. A quick google search tells me there?s roughly 150,000 MSU alumni. 20% of 150,000 is 30,000. So roughly 30,000 people gave money in some capacity to the university. So is getting 30,000 people to donate $20/month to NIL possible? Yes. Is it realistic? No. Like most things 20% of donors probably contribute 80% of the funds.

If 20% giving back to the university seems low, we were at the top or near the top in percent of alumni that give back financially among SEC schools if I remember correctly.

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2023, 09:59 PM
This may be old news but when I was as in Oby's Friday night to pay for my carry out order they had an option on the screen after tip asking if you wanted to round up to the nearest dollar and for that to go to the bulldog initiative. This is the only place I've seen this so not sure if other businesses in town are doing it or not.