PDA

View Full Version : Neal McCready is a genuine asshole.

AlmostPositive
12-03-2013, 09:01 AM
The last few minutes on Out of Bounds shows him to be a bitter arrogant mediocrity.

Basically, people are too stupid to appreciate his analysis. Remarkable.

RC3
12-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Summary:
1. If ole miss had won, they would've buried ms state
2. Ole miss should be shooting to be a perennial 10 win team
3. Ms state has a lower ceiling than ole miss
4. If Tunsil had remained in the game, ole miss prob would have won

CadaverDawg
12-03-2013, 09:05 AM
No doubt. What a pompous sore loser. That was embarassing for OM

QuadrupleOption
12-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Summary:
1. If ole miss had wom, they would've buried ms state

Don't forget:
Ole Miss was the better team all year, and it's inexcusable to lose to MSU.
Nutt didn't do anything right so Ole Miss doesn't have good players. So when Tunsil went out it totally detailed their offense.

You know, because they'd just been running up and down the field on us the entire game to that point.

Political Hack
12-03-2013, 09:07 AM
1. State has buried OM. 4-1.
2. Shouldn't they win ten games in a season with Freezus before they talk about expecting to win 10 every year?
3. State's "lower ceiling" has been higher than OM's in three of the last four years.
4. 2nd String OT vs 3rd Strong QB. Shut up.

RC3
12-03-2013, 09:11 AM
He's a perfect example of the mindset of most of their fans. And that's why we hate them

Jacksondevildog
12-03-2013, 09:15 AM
He is smug and arrogant. He tries to act like he's some highly intelligent individual who's opinion is too complex for regular individuals to understand. He reminds me of Keith Olbermann.

Coach34
12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Summary:

1. If I had won the Lottery, I'd be banging young strippers from the Spearmint Rhino in Vegas 2 at a time
2. Ole Miss is shooting to be a perennial 10 win team- they just arent capable of doing it
3. based on what proof?
4. If Dak had played 4 Quarters- we would have won by 3 TD's (See how this game works???)

They simply cant handle losing to us- and are scared to death Mullen may keep hammering them

Brahmabull
12-03-2013, 09:21 AM
He is one of the main reasons I stopped listening to Bo's show. I am all for having guests of both schools on your program, but at leasts have guests that know more than a 5 yr old about football. Even if they are clueless on sports, at leasts have guests that don't intentionally alienate half your listening audience. It's bad for business. McCready is an assclown who shouldn't be on any radio program unless it is 100% black bear radio.

thunderclap
12-03-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm happy I don't have to earn a living crying like a little bitch on the radio.

CJDAWG85
12-03-2013, 09:26 AM
If we beat them again next year, Oxford will burn. Panic will engulf their fanbase.

Thick
12-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I heard something a little different from the rest of you. I heard him make his comments about the game, Tunsil, etc, but he talked about MSU and Dan Mullen more then he discussed OM for the majority of the interview. That speaks volumes to me, plus he said the 2 best players on the field, as far as Sundays were concerned, were Tunsil and Jones. He was very emphatic about Chris Jones, did not mention RK.

He also said that if OM wants to be in the 9-10 range that they have to beat MSU and Vandy every year, period. Bo said that ain't happening, and Bo actually stood up for Mullen as far as recruiting was concerned. McCready actually said that he was told that Mullen is one of the best playcalllers in the business in the middle of the field.

I agree, he was very assholish to begin with, but switched gears toward the latter portion.

Thick
12-03-2013, 09:33 AM
If we beat them again next year, Oxford will burn. Panic will engulf their fanbase.

Next year, will be a WAR, and there will be a fight during that game....bank it!!!

ckDOG
12-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Summary:

Which ceiling is he referring to? Pre or post integration? They are atill hanging their hat on performance before JFK was assassinated. Our highest actual performance after integration > their actual performance seeing that we've actually won our division outright.

Do they think the Grove and ghost of Faulker makes them better on the field? These folks are borderline crazy.

EAVdog
12-03-2013, 09:37 AM
A lot of that was back-handed compliments. And I'm not just looking for a reason to be upset. He loves to throw out the whole Mullen has ruined USM's team by basically stealing their recruits. Which is another way of saying Mullen recruits Conference USA players.

SignalToNoise
12-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Please God let us find a way to win that game on the road next year. There would be a monumental meltdown in Oxford.

Political Hack
12-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Foot on throat... check.

Just squeeze.

C222
12-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I heard something a little different from the rest of you. I heard him make his comments about the game, Tunsil, etc, but he talked about MSU and Dan Mullen more then he discussed OM for the majority of the interview. That speaks volumes to me, plus he said the 2 best players on the field, as far as Sundays were concerned, were Tunsil and Jones. He was very emphatic about Chris Jones, did not mention RK.

He also said that if OM wants to be in the 9-10 range that they have to beat MSU and Vandy every year, period. Bo said that ain't happening, and Bo actually stood up for Mullen as far as recruiting was concerned. McCready actually said that he was told that Mullen is one of the best playcalllers in the business in the middle of the field.

I agree, he was very assholish to begin with, but switched gears toward the latter portion.

Well he did tweet "FailState" during the game.

Jacksondevildog
12-03-2013, 09:48 AM
He's a joke. He acts like he writes for The New York Times and he writes for a blog that covers recruiting.

Original48
12-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Next year, will be a WAR, and there will be a fight during that game....bank it!!!
Atta way to call your shot, Thick!!

thunderclap
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
If our D remains as nasty next year as it was the last three weeks of this year, we'll have a damn good chance to beat them again with Dak & Co.

RougeDawg
12-03-2013, 10:33 AM
If our D remains as nasty next year as it was the last three weeks of this year, we'll have a damn good chance to beat them again with Dak & Co.

Don't forget we will also have JRob in the game against them next year. If Dak or JRob had played from opening kick, we win big. Put both of them in the game from the start and it's going to get nasty next year. Going to be reminiscent of the game there in 2010.

Thick
12-03-2013, 10:33 AM
I took the whole interview as a compliment to MSU and Dan Mullen, backhanded comments, excuses and all! He did not talk about the OM football program, Freeze, recruiting, the Grove, etc!! He talked about us, and the fact that the Rebs could not close the deal, the fact that MSU is all in when it comes to the Egg Bowl, he admitted that Dan has done a good job recruiting MS.

When you are consistently beating your rival on the field, and your rival's head writer is spending his time making stupid excuses and backhanded comments about you....you are doing things right!!! **** them, but don't sit here and bitch and moan about it, and act so damn offended about their reaction. You should be loving every bit of it, because they are hurting right now!! Next year, it's going to get nasty.

Drugdog
12-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I agree.

maroonmania
12-03-2013, 10:39 AM

Well the other night we were fairly dominant considering our limitations with playing a 3rd string true freshman QB who was making his first start. The ONLY thing that kept the game close and gave the Rebs a chance to win was our ineptness on special teams from giving away a TD on the punt block to missing a game winning FG put right in the middle of the field with no wind. We have got to get significant improvement in special teams next year all the way around to have any chance at a special season.

Political Hack
12-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I took the whole interview as a compliment to MSU and Dan Mullen, backhanded comments, excuses and all! He did not talk about the OM football program, Freeze, recruiting, the Grove, etc!! He talked about us, and the fact that the Rebs could not close the deal, the fact that MSU is all in when it comes to the Egg Bowl, he admitted that Dan has done a good job recruiting MS.

When you are consistently beating your rival on the field, and your rival's head writer is spending his time making stupid excuses and backhanded comments about you....you are doing things right!!! **** them, but don't sit here and bitch and moan about it, and act so damn offended about their reaction. You should be loving every bit of it, because they are hurting right now!! Next year, it's going to get nasty.

this guy gets it.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2013, 11:59 AM

HELL YES

Pollodawg
12-03-2013, 01:22 PM
The reality of it is, that Mullen has been the worst thing that has happened to Ole Miss. He has built a sustained bowl team in Starkville, and this season just proves as much. Hell, we were just as decimated by injuries as anyone else was. But we still managed to fight our way back to the post season. What I saw in Starkville Thursday night was a team that got its fight and swagger back from 2009-2010, and what is even more, I saw that fourth down call as a defining moment in Mullen's career.

Dan snapped out of that post Bama slump he'd been in since last season, and Dan become daddamn Dan again. It gave me chills to watch the look on his face change when Dak broke the plane and he knew, and we all knew, that game was ours. It didn't matter what OM did after that. The brash talking Massachusetts Yankee that the bears hated so much his first three seasons here is back, and he is likely back to stay.

Barking 13
12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
hud?

DapperDawg
12-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm expecting a pretty big meltdown when Collins is hired away this offseason. He was the biggest factor in this season gaining a bowl berth. And he will be the biggest factor next season, which is why I fully expect him to move on.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2013, 01:55 PM
A lot of that was back-handed compliments. And I'm not just looking for a reason to be upset. He loves to throw out the whole Mullen has ruined USM's team by basically stealing their recruits. Which is another way of saying Mullen recruits Conference USA players.

See... I don't see a problem a with this. So what if Mullen has been the downfall of Southern Miss' program.

The truth is that, with only 2.8 million people in the state of MS and 3 D1 schools, USM was way to good for way to long. Due to the limited population of the state, it is embarrassing to both MSU and OM that Southern Miss was putting together solid teams year in and year out for 20 years. If the coaches at MSU and OM were doing their jobs, that shouldn't have happened.

the State of MS has produced Steve McNair, Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton, Adalius Thomas, Ray Guy, Austin Davis, Todd Pinkston etc.. and none of those players played for MSU or OM. Our state simply doesn't have the population base to lose those type of players, and these are the exact type of players that Mullen is now getting.

If that means that we are stealing recruits from Southern Miss, then so be it. It looks to me like Southern Miss had some solid ass players for the past 20 years and now we are taking them.

We are a developmental/Scouting organization. We are the St. Louis Cardinals and OM is trying to be the free agent based Met/Blue Jays.

Schultzy
12-03-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm expecting a pretty big meltdown when Collins is hired away this offseason. He was the biggest factor in this season gaining a bowl berth. And he will be the biggest factor next season, which is why I fully expect him to move on.

Disagree. With the talent we have here he has a chance to really make a name for himself next year and he knows it.

Schultzy
12-03-2013, 01:59 PM

This should be required reading for all MSU fans.

MadDawg
12-03-2013, 02:09 PM
The funniest part of the interview to me was when he was talking about how MSU was "all in" for the EggBowl with the gold helmets, uniforms and (yes, he really said it) "painting the field gold". He repeatedly said that doing all that made us look like complete idiots - IF we had lost the game, but since we won we looked like geniuses. What a dumbass.

BossDawg
12-03-2013, 02:42 PM

Damn I hope not. He's the one guy I really hope hangs around. We have to start hanging on to assistants and get some continuity going. This musical chairs crap with our coaches needs to stop.

bully99
12-03-2013, 03:02 PM
It's always easy to go back and predict how a high school player projects after his career is over. Jerry Rice would never have gotten to the NFL if he had gone to State. Emory seldom threw the ball and he had John Bond passing who was not a very good passer. Favre seldom threw and nobody knew how good his future would be. Ray Guy was from Georgia. People always talk about all the great players who didn't to to State or OM. Different times and eras.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2013, 03:14 PM
It's always easy to go back and predict how a high school player projects after his career is over. Jerry Rice would never have gotten to the NFL if he had gone to State. Emory seldom threw the ball and he had John Bond passing who was not a very good passer. Favre seldom threw and nobody knew how good his future would be. Ray Guy was from Georgia. People always talk about all the great players who didn't to to State or OM. Different times and eras.

I don't disagree with our premise, but talent is talent. That's why MSU should be running an offense that plays to the strengths of the kind of talent the state of MS typically produces.

We are doing that now. You can get bogged down in the details if you want, but the main point I'm making is that for 20+ years, USM and the SWAC schools had a number of players that could have a most certainly made MSU and OM better teams. And now that we are getting those players, out ability to build quality depth, accumulate many solid players, and not have numerous obvious holes on our depth chart, has become much greater.

I have no problem with Mullen being the downfall of USM's program because these guys are quality players. There is no reason to go to Georgia to sign the same quality of player that is in Rosa Fort.

Out of Bounds
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Thick nailed it. NM gave Mullen several compliments.
Radio podcast here: http://thezone1059.com/page.php?page_id=81

Bo

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Thick nailed it. NM gave Mullen several compliments.
Radio podcast here: http://thezone1059.com/page.php?page_id=81

Bo

Thanks for posting Bo.

I just listened to the interview and thought it was pretty good.

I do disagree with NM saying that OM could have buried State with a win Thursday night, but all in all, I thought he made some good points.

Again, I have no problem with MSU and Mullen being the downfall of USM's program. If we would have had USM's players over the past 20 years, we would probably be a perennial 7 to 8 win program with a few special years mixed in.

The State of Mississippi produces a lot of under the radar, raw, under recruited players, and Mullen's staff has done a tremendous job of developing them.

If the Egg Bowl should have taught us anything, it should have taught high school coaches around the state that MSU's football program is stable, develops players, and gives Mississippi kids a chance to reach their potential.

IMO, much like Auburn did with Cam Newton, with Mullen's current recruiting, if we acquire a dominating player at the QB position, MSU can win a National Title.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-03-2013, 04:26 PM
USM's downfall also has a lot to do with the Louisiana directional schools investment in building their programs.

smootness
12-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Both sides need to understand that it's highly likely neither program ever 'buries' the other. It certainly would not have buried us if they had beat us this year; it would have caused us to apply some serious pressure on the coaching staff and make a move eventually if we needed to in order to get even better. If either school could bury the other, we would have done so when we beat them 3 years in a row and they fell off a cliff. But they made a move at HC, got serious about turning the tide, then signed a top 5 class and beat us the next year.

Each surge ahead will be followed by a counter by the other program. I will say, though, that if we were able to stem their recent surge and move past them again with the same coach, that would be huge. Because then it wouldn't be based on renewed excitement and momentum over a 'new direction', it would just mean that we withstood it, tweaked some things, and passed them again.

fishwater99
12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
+1

Percho
12-03-2013, 06:01 PM
hud?

Absolutely great post.

OurState
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Which ceiling is he referring to? Pre or post integration? They are atill hanging their hat on performance before JFK was assassinated. Our highest actual performance after integration > their actual performance seeing that we've actually won our division outright.

Do they think the Grove and ghost of Faulker makes them better on the field? These folks are borderline crazy.

He has said Ole Miss's proximity to Memphis helps with recruits from cities. We are a more removed campus and that makes it harder to recruit some city kids. This doesn't as much in Baseball where there're is more country talent but it can make recruiting urban schools harder.

That was his line of logic. I don't buy it but it was geographic not historical.

Ronny
12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
The reality of it is, that Mullen has been the worst thing that has happened to Ole Miss. He has built a sustained bowl team in Starkville, and this season just proves as much. Hell, we were just as decimated by injuries as anyone else was. But we still managed to fight our way back to the post season. What I saw in Starkville Thursday night was a team that got its fight and swagger back from 2009-2010, and what is even more, I saw that fourth down call as a defining moment in Mullen's career.

Dan snapped out of that post Bama slump he'd been in since last season, and Dan become daddamn Dan again. It gave me chills to watch the look on his face change when Dak broke the plane and he knew, and we all knew, that game was ours. It didn't matter what OM did after that. The brash talking Massachusetts Yankee that the bears hated so much his first three seasons here is back, and he is likely back to stay.

..from New Hampshire. Not Massachusetts. Post high school he played college football at a small school in Pennsylvania.

Political Hack
12-03-2013, 09:26 PM
hence the New Hampshire mafia references. pretty good group of coaches.

The Croom Diaries
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Summary:

Great comment by McCreedy, ha. Seeing as how they've won 10 games once in the last 40 years and it took a #1 overall NFL draft pick and 2-time Superbowl champ to do it.

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Great comment by McCreedy, ha. Seeing as how they've won 10 games once in the last 40 years and it took a #1 overall NFL draft pick and 2-time Superbowl champ to do it.

they should also have the #1 draft pick every get and win the Super Bowl twice a year.

OurState
12-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Is it achievable? Nope.

But isn't that what teams should be shooting for? The willingness of people here to accept limits is depressing.

Boise State became a 10 win team for a while.

For us to become a 91-0 win team we need to sweep the non conference opponents and beat the bears and Kentucky, then go 4-2 or 3-3. So we could lose to Bama and LSU every year, beat Auburn or TAMU half the years and sweep them every other year. Is that easy? No. BUt aiming for anything less is insane.

smootness
12-04-2013, 11:29 AM

I guess I can see how you may be able to say they should shoot for that. But no one should ever expect that, that's insane.

The Croom Diaries
12-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Is it achievable? Nope.

But isn't that what teams should be shooting for? The willingness of people here to accept limits is depressing.

Boise State became a 10 win team for a while.

For us to become a 91-0 win team we need to sweep the non conference opponents and beat the bears and Kentucky, then go 4-2 or 3-3. So we could lose to Bama and LSU every year, beat Auburn or TAMU half the years and sweep them every other year. Is that easy? No. BUt aiming for anything less is insane.

Obviously the team is going to shoot for 10 wins every year. Our goal every year is to win the West as a team. Shooting for something is what the team does, but for a media person or fan to make a comment like that he is relating it to how they view themselves and what he believes their expectations should be once they get the program to where they believe it should be. And 10 wins a year is asinine for OM unless they hire a hall of fame type of coach that stays there for 10 years like Spurrier has done at South Carolina. Their expectations are like ours: 6-8 wins per year and position yourself for that one year every 4-5 seasons where you can cycle up and have a shot to win the West.

maroonmania
12-04-2013, 01:37 PM

Do any of the Manning boys have sons? If so, the Rebs can start their countdown clock to their next best hope for a 10 win season.