PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2023, 02:53 PM
1. Would Arnett be so ?humble? if he knew how to fix the problems? Hmmm

2. Everyone said the Air Raid didn?t work but think it?s Will?s fault this offense doesn?t work. Could it be that both offenses has the same exact issue? A QB doesn?t stress the defense with either the run or deep ball.

Just a few things to ponder.

RockyDog
09-17-2023, 03:26 PM
The air raid did work. One of the reasons just helped Indy win an NFL game today. Unfortunately our gunslinger didn’t have 1/4 of Gardner’s arm talent or quick feet.

But when you have a statue in the pocket and a defense can drop 8 knowing the ball is never going over their heads, it makes a d-coordinator’s job much easier.

coachnorm
09-17-2023, 03:40 PM
The air raid did work. One of the reasons just helped Indy win an NFL game today. Unfortunately our gunslinger didn’t have 1/4 of Gardner’s arm talent or quick feet.

But when you have a statue in the pocket and a defense can drop 8 knowing the ball is never going over their heads, it makes a d-coordinator’s job much easier.

You are on point and I will add in support of your statement. First, there is LEGACY AIR RAID and second there is the EVOLVED AIR RAID. Mike Leach and Mississippi State are the last teams of any stature that did LEGACY. Now that LEGACY is done and buried, there is no spot in college football for Rogers and we see the recent evolution of our offense. This also cripples the new play caller who could function with different quarterbacks in the past. So we have the perfect storm of a disabled play caller and well versed defensive coordinators aware of the status quo. Our current disabled play caller has inherited a situation of Rogers nearly getting all first team reps over the last 3 years so here we are. This is CML doing also?

magrooder
09-17-2023, 03:55 PM
If the coaches have decided that Will is the guy, then they need to put him in a position to be successful. That hasn't happened yet, despite the two previous wins.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2023, 04:00 PM

Yup

coachnorm
09-17-2023, 04:04 PM
If the coaches have decided that Will is the guy, then they need to put him in a position to be successful. That hasn't happened yet, despite the two previous wins.

The coaches job is to put the team in position to win not accommodating a genetically deficient participant to function and that is the end game. The LEGACY AIR RAID died with CML and the LEGACY has to be resurrected for Rogers to function and that will not happen. The coaches gambled that Rogers could manage something different and we all have lost on that gamble.

magrooder
09-17-2023, 04:50 PM
The coaches job is to put the team in position to win not accommodating a genetically deficient participant to function and that is the end game. The LEGACY AIR RAID died with CML and the LEGACY has to be resurrected for Rogers to function and that will not happen. The coaches gambled that Rogers could manage something different and we all have lost on that gamble.

I'm not taking up for anyone, I'm just saying as of the past three games, the coaches have kept Will in the game, if that's who they choose to run the offense they need to do something different. I'm not saying go back to the AR, I didn't really like it that much, but what we're doing ain't working.

TNDawg35
09-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Will literally took a sack yest without even being touched. Go back and watch, him and Marks had a bad exchange and Marks was between him and the defender and Will hit the dirt without even being touched.

Will is used to throwing the ball to a specific spot where a receiver is going to be. He is not getting to do that right now. That’s why everytime you watch it, he is either late or doesn’t even see him. There was open recievers all day yest and he either didn’t throw it or even he did, badly missed them.

The game was 10-0 and he had Robinson wide ass open and threw it too wide. The defender had tripped. All Robinson had to do was turn and run and it’s an easy 6. Will threw it 5 ft to the side cause Perkins was bearing down…

On a side note, how bad is Brian Jelly for not lining Perkins up and just telling him to tee off. I would have put him on the edge and said EAT. He would have prolly broke the NCAA sack record…

Maverick91
09-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Yeah… until you fix the GLARING issue that is terrible QB play I will not and cannot start to blame any other part of the offense. Each week our receivers are wide open and are not seen or not hit. It’s inexcusable with a 4th year starter i don’t care about the adjustment to the new system. If you are a film junky you should have this thing figured out.

Are we not practicing?
Do we run our routes at 50% in practice?

I don’t think it’s that I think it’s the issue that everyone has been saying for three years. Love Will but he is a one system QB and it’s very sad but we don’t have the time to keep trotting him out there until he figures it out. He needs to sit and figure it out while we play with a guy that can at least scramble when he doesn’t see anything downfield.