PDA

View Full Version : Go back and watch the film and you will back off Barbay

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Most of the plays I saw were execution related - as in guys completely whiffing blocks, Will not accounting for a free defender and rolling out fast enough, bad throws, or dropped passes. He was calling screens timely and had plenty of solid plays called with wide open receivers. I get it still goes back to coaching to some level, but this offense is going to be solid when guys execute. Heck we had a huge 3rd down screen called to Marks where Will airmailed him that could have been a huge play in the game. He had three lead blockers and would have likely took it to the house. Your OC isn't to blame when your QB cant complete a screen that he has thrown for three years - it happened multiple times. Heck we couldnt even complete dump-off throws. You have to have a somewhat mobile QB to keep a defense honest. Will is honestly mobile enough but he doesn't play with hair on fire enough to get it done. At some point you have to decide that you are man enough and quit making excuses and take over a game. Or you accept grabbing a clipboard.

Fitz yesterday with the rest of our team makes that a game.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 02:11 PM
Most of the plays I saw were execution related - as in guys completely whiffing blocks, Will not accounting for a free defender and rolling out fast enough, bad throws, or dropped passes. He was calling screens timely and had plenty of solid plays called with wide open receivers. I get it still goes back to coaching to some level, but this offense is going to be solid when guys execute. Heck we had a huge 3rd down screen called to Marks where Will airmailed him that could have been a huge play in the game. He had three lead blockers and would have likely took it to the house. Your OC isn't to blame when your QB cant complete a screen that he has thrown for three years - it happened multiple times. Heck we couldnt even complete dump-off throws. You have to have a somewhat mobile QB to keep a defense honest. Will is honestly mobile enough but he doesn't play with hair on fire enough to get it done. At some point you have to decide that you are man enough and quit making excuses and take over a game. Or you accept grabbing a clipboard.

I do blame him for not being able to execute teaching his system. Not backing off that until he proves otherwise. And NO, unless fitz can play all positions on defense, that game isn't close.

Maverick91
09-17-2023, 02:13 PM
Completely agreed! I wasn’t mad at the game plan at all. Actually liked it for the most part I think if we sustained drives we would have seen really good balance because the receivers where there they just weren’t hit. That has got to aggravate you as a receiver. I hope the team is having a heart to heart this week and figures out what to do with Will he is the linchpin and if we are going to have any hope of a good season his place on the starting rotation must be figured out.

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 02:34 PM
Completely agreed! I wasn?t mad at the game plan at all. Actually liked it for the most part I think if we sustained drives we would have seen really good balance because the receivers where there they just weren?t hit. That has got to aggravate you as a receiver. I hope the team is having a heart to heart this week and figures out what to do with Will he is the linchpin and if we are going to have any hope of a good season his place on the starting rotation must be figured out.

Agree completely - he's been the key all along

Tripp McNeely
09-17-2023, 04:00 PM
It was 100% lack of execution!

KB21
09-17-2023, 05:27 PM
LOL. Keep trying to convince yourself. Barbay isn?t running an offense. He?s calling random plays that have no rhyme or reason. He?s not setting anything up with any of his play calls. He?s clueless when it comes to getting the passing game going.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 05:38 PM
Barbay is one of the most consistent OC's in Bartoo's coaching matrix over the last several years. I refuse to say he is trash yet when he has a guy as bad as Will at QB. Granted, he keeps running him out there, so that's on him, but I really think we're just not executing at all right now, and if you aren't executing perfectly Will is incapable of ad-libbing and doing what great QB's do...which is creating things when nothing is there.

I truly feel that if we will switch to Wright and run a full version of the misdirection run game with play action like his TD pass, along with some zone read, we can be okay in Barbay's offense. If we continue trying Will, he will continue doing the same things poorly that he's done the last 3 years poorly, and Barbay will continue to make himself look like garbage.

If Barbay feels Wright cant do it, then we might as well punt the year and get Parson in there taking lumps...bc Will is not turning this offense into anything close to competitive. We have seen enough. And if you haven't, you're just trying not to see it. Make Will the assistant QB coach like we did making Riley Self the 1st base coach....whatever you want to do to make him feel better...just get him out from behind center.

KB21
09-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Makes sense. Replace one of the all time leading passers in the conference and one of the most accurate passers with a guy who can?t hit the ocean while in a boat when he passes it just because he can run.

TrapGame
09-17-2023, 05:43 PM
Will isn't wearing a green jersey on Saturdays. He looks good in practice b/c he knows that defense isn't coming to rip his head off and shit down his throat.

Before I call Barbay a bad hire I want to see how Mike Wright works in this offense beyond a couple of hand offs and QB keepers.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 05:47 PM
Makes sense. Replace one of the all time leading passers in the conference and one of the most accurate passers with a guy who can?t hit the ocean while in a boat when he passes it just because he can run.

Wright completed 57% of his passes last year behind a Vandy OL....Will completed 39% yesterday. Will may have been ok under Leach, but he isn't under Barbay. Try something else. Will was a system QB. Is what it is. Move on. It may look horrible with Wright or Parson, but it's looking horrible with Will, so TRY SOMETHING ELSE

Maverick91
09-17-2023, 05:47 PM

You forgot the Asterix there explaining that he is extremely accurate in a system that gave him VERY high completion throws to a certain spot. Will has been very iffy when it comes to hitting guys in stride his whole career. Well we run a system now where you need to hit guys in stride and his weakness is being seen very clearly.

Yes you make the change to Wright who can hit the receiver probably as good as your current starter. I bet the states out there of Will throwing the ball to a receiver in stride are close to what Wrights are. I have never been impressed with it.

Edit: Wright scrambling around can create backyard ball. And when the system is still being learned backyard ball is something everyone knows how to play. You could throw all of us washed up guys out there together and we could create a competitive backyard ballgame.

Churchill
09-17-2023, 05:50 PM
Before I call Barbay a bad hire I want to see how Mike Wright works in this offense beyond a couple of hand offs and QB keepers.[/QUOTE]

This the simplest and really the only answer. For the life of me I can't see why we're struggling with it so.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 05:54 PM
Before I call Barbay a bad hire I want to see how Mike Wright works in this offense beyond a couple of hand offs and QB keepers.

This the simplest and really the only answer. For the life of me I can't see why we're struggling with it so.[/QUOTE]

I agree. What the hell would it hurt to TRY? Can't get any worse.

KB21
09-17-2023, 06:12 PM
With Wright, Barbay will have no choice but to run the ball nearly every down. I know that?s the style many of you want, so I can see why you would support putting a glorified running back at QB.

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2023, 06:18 PM
A simple experiment would prove your theory. Hand the keys to Wright for a half and see what happens.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 06:22 PM
With Wright, Barbay will have no choice but to run the ball nearly every down. I know that?s the style many of you want, so I can see why you would support putting a glorified running back at QB.

That's all we could do this past week, bc Will couldn't complete a screen pass...so I don't see how we would be any worse. If you think Will scared anyone with his arm right now, the joke is on you. Nobody respects his arm any more than his legs at this point. The offense was not good under Leach, but the system made Will serviceable (although he was still what limited it)....and now he can't hide his many limitations within the scheme, so he's just exposed. It's almost unfair to him to keep running him out there. You Will defenders should want him out of there so he can keep from looking so bad and transfer at year end. If you really want to protect him

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 06:22 PM
A simple experiment would prove your theory. Hand the keys to Wright for a half and see what happens.

Yep

Jarius
09-17-2023, 06:25 PM
https://x.com/statsowar/status/1703415596363427944?s=46&t=DnNL4JcRPgadKIRwEuIU-w

This is our biggest problem on offense and it’s not close.

KB21
09-17-2023, 06:26 PM
Barbay can?t run the Air Raid. What makes you think he can run the Academy ball triple option, because that?s the only offense Wright can run.

Mjoelner34
09-17-2023, 06:29 PM
Barbay can?t run the Air Raid. And that's all Will can run because 5 blocking 3 lets him hit his check-downs.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 06:30 PM
Barbay is one of the most consistent OC's in Bartoo's coaching matrix over the last several years. I refuse to say he is trash yet when he has a guy as bad as Will at QB. Granted, he keeps running him out there, so that's on him, but I really think we're just not executing at all right now, and if you aren't executing perfectly Will is incapable of ad-libbing and doing what great QB's do...which is creating things when nothing is there.

I truly feel that if we will switch to Wright and run a full version of the misdirection run game with play action like his TD pass, along with some zone read, we can be okay in Barbay's offense. If we continue trying Will, he will continue doing the same things poorly that he's done the last 3 years poorly, and Barbay will continue to make himself look like garbage.

If Barbay feels Wright cant do it, then we might as well punt the year and get Parson in there taking lumps...bc Will is not turning this offense into anything close to competitive. We have seen enough. And if you haven't, you're just trying not to see it. Make Will the assistant QB coach like we did making Riley Self the 1st base coach....whatever you want to do to make him feel better...just get him out from behind center.

The fact is Bartoo was and is wrong. App state with a returning SR starter and 2 starting sr RBs returning could only win 3 conference games in his one year there. Before him with the same QB and RBs... 7-1 in conference.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2023, 06:30 PM
Barbay can?t run the Air Raid. What makes you think he can run the Academy ball triple option, because that?s the only offense Wright can run.

Is that what Mullen ran? Because Relf and Fitz couldn't throw a lick but the run game made it to where the receivers were wide open.

Jarius
09-17-2023, 06:32 PM
The fact is Bartoo was and is wrong. App state with a returning SR starter and 2 starting sr RBs returning could only win 3 conference games in his one year there. Before him with the same QB and RBs... 7-1 in conference.

Barbay has sucked here, but his offense at app state was better last year than it was the year prior. Their problem last year was defense.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2023, 06:32 PM
Barbay sucks so far. No way around that. Players haven't done their jobs well either. But coaching is THE big problem. We won't even replace players. That's coaching.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2023, 06:34 PM
They fired their defensive staff and S/C staff. Wasn't the offense. Offense was highly ranked.

Jarius
09-17-2023, 06:35 PM
Is that what Mullen ran? Because Relf and Fitz couldn't throw a lick but the run game made it to where the receivers were wide open.

I don’t want to go back to Chris Relf and Nick Fitz type passers long term but with our OL being as bad as it is and Will Rogers Continuing to be bad (just like he was last year every time we played a defense with a pulse), we have to do something different at quarterback. Will is going to get killed. They can’t block and he can’t move. We have to put someone back there that can at least get out of the way of a defensive end.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Barbay has sucked here, but his offense at app state was better last year than it was the year prior. Their problem last year was defense.

No it wasn't. 500 yards less for the starting QB and 800 yards less for the 2 starting RBs.

2021: 3,500 yards passing of which the starter had 3,337. Starting backs, 1,128 and 926

2022: 2960 passing. RBs: 604 and 593. Noel is already at 420 this season. That's 184 yards away from his total last year under Barbay.

KB21
09-17-2023, 06:47 PM
No it wasn't. 500 yards less for the starting QB and 800 yards less for the 2 starting RBs.

2021: 3,500 yards passing of which the starter had 3,337. Starting backs, 1,128 and 926

2022: 2960 passing. RBs: 604 and 593. Noel is already at 420 this season. That's 184 yards away from his total last year under Barbay.

Yep. App State offense is better this year with Jeff Ponce calling plays.

Really Clark?
09-17-2023, 06:50 PM

I've defended Will enough and said he was our best option to start the year but yesterday was zero accuracy from him. Wright can absolutely throw better than what Will did yesterday.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 06:56 PM
Yep. App State offense is better this year with Jeff Ponce calling plays.

They got 6.56 per play last year. 6.06 per play this year.

KB21
09-17-2023, 06:56 PM
I?m certainly for making major QB decisions based on the results of one game with a shitty play caller.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 06:59 PM
They fired their defensive staff and S/C staff. Wasn't the offense. Offense was highly ranked.

They ranked 33 in defense in the prior and 36th while Barbay was there. 3 spots isn't the reason they only won 3 conference games.

In 2022, they lost to James Madison, Texas St, Coastal Carolina, Marshall, Georgia Southern. All of which they won the prior year.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:02 PM
I?m certainly for making major QB decisions based on the results of one game with a shitty play caller.

Thought you were an analytical guy, or do you just like the analytics when they say what you want? Obviously this season is off to a shaky start, but the analytics have liked barbay. Lord knows I love to make sweeping predictions based on small samples, but I've decided to let it play out a few weeks... maybe I'm just getting old

Jarius
09-17-2023, 07:03 PM

App State was a better scoring offense in 2022 than 2021. That’s the facts. I don’t give a shit how many yards they had.

KB21
09-17-2023, 07:03 PM
I?m curious as to what analytics actually likes Barbay.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:06 PM
They ranked 33 in defense in the prior and 36th while Barbay was there. 3 spots isn't the reason they only won 3 conference games.

In 2022, they lost to James Madison, Texas St, Coastal Carolina, Marshall, Georgia Southern. All of which they won the prior year.

Scoring defense went from 30th in 2021 to 67th in 2022.

In those 5 losses, app st avg'd 29.8 per game

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:09 PM

Matrix analytical and FEI

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:13 PM

FEI and espn's FPI offense had app state better than us last season. And obviously matrix analytical loves barbay

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 07:21 PM

Barbay wasn't the play caller in the bowl game. Or in the egg bowl....

Bothrops
09-17-2023, 07:29 PM

Good post.

trojandawg
09-17-2023, 07:45 PM
You are an idiot. I've seen him do it. Some of the fakes are directly related to plays we executed well. Fakes to creed and tulu in the last two games we based on previous plays that succeed. Both resulted in big gains or touchdowns

trojandawg
09-17-2023, 07:47 PM
It's three games in. App state had a better scoring offense than we did last year. Against similar ranked defensive teams m.

KB21
09-17-2023, 08:00 PM
Wish we had a play caller like Mike McDaniel.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2023, 08:06 PM
I don?t want to go back to Chris Relf and Nick Fitz type passers long term but with our OL being as bad as it is and Will Rogers Continuing to be bad (just like he was last year every time we played a defense with a pulse), we have to do something different at quarterback. Will is going to get killed. They can?t block and he can?t move. We have to put someone back there that can at least get out of the way of a defensive end.

I'm with you 100%. I want a dual threat. That's what we need and it's obvious.

Dawgology
09-17-2023, 08:07 PM

I?ve never understood fans that put an individual before the health and success of the program. It?s a super odd take and rampant amongst the MSU fanbase.

KB21
09-17-2023, 08:08 PM
I?m still waiting on someone to tell me who Barbay?s ?dual threat? QB has been in his previous two years as a coordinator. Please who me the QB that he used as a big part of the run game.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:11 PM
I?ve never understood fans that put an individual before the health and success of the program. It?s a super odd take and rampant amongst the MSU fanbase.

Yep. Makes no sense. It probably has more to do with not wanting to be wrong about a guy they've defended so heavily. I'd have much more respect for a poster that admits they missed on a guy, than a guy that digs in their heels and dies on a hill defending the indefensible. But most of the fans of Will over MSU are probably friends and family, or direct message Wyatt and feel like they're future buds or some crap. Weird stuff. I like Will the person, I just don't like Will the QB. Why? Bc Will the QB is making MSU play worse. And my loyalty is to State, not Will.

KB21
09-17-2023, 08:15 PM
Kind of like those of you who are trying to deflect any blame from our shitty OC.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:15 PM
I?m still waiting on someone to tell me who Barbay?s ?dual threat? QB has been in his previous two years as a coordinator. Please who me the QB that he used as a big part of the run game.

Why does that matter? You're fighting a losing battle. Whether it's passing or running, Will has been horrible at both in this offense. We have 2 dual threat guys behind him that all the experts say "can't pass"...so the only option at this point would be to go to a heavy ground game and take Will out. Doesn't matter if he's ever had a dual threat in his career...it's where we are. Will has no mobility, and completed 30% of his passes yesterday.....he ain't it. Why is this so difficult?

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Kind of like those of you who are trying to deflect any blame from our shitty OC.

Show us the guys "deflecting any blame from the OC"....I'll wait. Barbay is guilty of not figuring it out yet, and continuing to run a bum out as our QB. He's definitely at fault. However, his body of work at State is far less than Will's....we've known Will is limiting to our offense....we don't know however, if Barbay can adjust and succeed with a diff QB. That's what we want. If that fails too...Barbay will get even more criticism. It's not that difficult, just gotta put your obsession and defense of Will to the side and try to be objective. You'll be surprised how clear it is if you do.

KB21
09-17-2023, 08:22 PM
Just as I predicted Barbay?s offense would suck, I also predicted that Will would be scapegoated.

Will could transfer to Western Kentucky and throw for 5,000 yards with 40 plus touchdowns because it?s a much better scheme with a better coordinator.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:32 PM

We are calling sprint out with our less than mobile right handed QB to our left.

We are running bootleg to our right with all our WRs going left.

First series of the game we had 2 lineman pull into one another.

KB21
09-17-2023, 08:34 PM
We are also asking the backside guard to pass block their best edge rusher

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:34 PM

Uhhhh

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:35 PM
Just as I predicted Barbay?s offense would suck, I also predicted that Will would be scapegoated.

Will could transfer to Western Kentucky and throw for 5,000 yards with 40 plus touchdowns because it?s a much better scheme with a better coordinator.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:35 PM
We are also asking the backside guard to pass block their best edge rusher

Bring our savior QB in on 4th and 1 knowing his snap count is different and cause a false start.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:36 PM
We are calling sprint out with our less than mobile right handed QB to our left.

We are running bootleg to our right with all our WRs going left.

First series of the game we had 2 lineman pull into one another.

You're a veteran QB....CHANGE. THE. PLAY. if you can't run it. If Will is everything y'all say he is, take control of the F'in offense, Billy.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:36 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha

There has been people trying to run Leach off since the day he got here. It just so happened one of them is now on staff, and we got the offensive system we have now.

KB21
09-17-2023, 08:38 PM
Bring our savior QB in on 4th and 1 knowing his snap count is different and cause a false start.

Well, Barbay thought it was a first down.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:39 PM
You're a veteran QB....CHANGE. THE. PLAY. if you can't run it. If Will is everything y'all say he is, take control of the F'in offense, Billy.

Dude Jesus Christ. This isnt madden. QBs dont go out there and change the play by tapping R2 and hot routing the y button. Tell me what you change the play too with a first year OC that has already told you dont change the play in practice? Come up with your own play? Call a timeout? Take a knee? How do
The other players know what to do? Hand signals you havent put in? How do the linemen know? Words you havent put in??

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:41 PM
There has been people trying to run Leach off since the day he got here. It just so happened one of them is now on staff, and we got the offensive system we have now.

Well if I have the loyalty to Barbay that you have to Will, then Barbay still has 4 years to prove he's able to overcome his shortcomings. I'll let you know if Barbay sucks in 4 years, maybe.

But I won't, bc I care about MsU more than one dude. So I'll let you know on Barbay as soon as I see if he's willing to adjust and adapt....and that starts with sitting your boy down

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:44 PM
Dude Jesus Christ. This isnt madden. QBs dont go out there and change the play by tapping R2 and hot routing the y button. Tell me what you change the play too with a first year OC that has already told you dont change the play in practice? Come up with your own play? Call a timeout? Take a knee? How do
The other players know what to do? Hand signals you havent put in? How do the linemen know? Words you havent put in??

Both Barbay and Will have said they read each other's minds. Yet Will can't tell Barbay that he isn't comfortable running that play?? Yes, Barbay is at fault, but Will is the veteran that should know what he can and cannot do....speak up! If he speaks up and says he can't run it, it never gets called. So both are to blame. You can't say Will is all everything, and then blame the OC bc your boy only has 3 plays he can run and they all require zero movement and the OL to give him 9 seconds to get someone open.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:44 PM
Well if I have the loyalty to Barbay that you have to Will, then Barbay still us 4 years to prove he's able to overcome his shortcomings. I'll let you know if Barbay sucks in 4 years, maybe.

But I won't, bc I care about MsU more than one dude. So I'll let you know on Barbay as soon as I see if he's willing to adjust and adapt....and that starts with sitting your boy down

Yeah we are adjusting to our personel extremely well. Change our offense to have to have a TE/H to function when we did not have one on the roster. Now we are stuck with a kid who has no business playing out there getting demolished wearing 98.

Yes lets blame one of the 4-5 QBs in SCHOOL
HISTORY to win 9 games. GTFO dude

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:48 PM
Both Barbay and Will have said they read each other's minds. Yet Will can't tell Barbay that he isn't comfortable running that play?? Yes, Barbay is at fault, but Will is the veteran that should know what he can and cannot do....speak up! If he speaks up and says he can't run it, it never gets called. So both are to blame. You can't say Will is all everything, and then blame the OC bc your boy only has 3 plays he can run and they all require zero movement and the OL to give him 9 seconds to get someone open.

I have never said he is all everything.

I like you man but it?s blatantly obvious you dont understand how a process like changing a play works.

Making your RIGHT handed QB who is not a good runner sprint out to his left is STUPID.

Having all your WRs run their routes AWAY from the side you are booting to is STUPID.

We looked like 11 am on Jefferson pilot sports getting raw dogged. All because our egos were too big to adjust to what we had. All because we had to get some Mullen boys back together. On top of all of it we lie to our kids and are now making them look like clowns.

Coach34
09-17-2023, 08:49 PM
Yeah we are adjusting to our personel extremely well. Change our offense to have to have a TE/H to function when we did not have one on the roster. Now we are stuck with a kid who has no business playing out there getting demolished wearing 98.

Barbay is not doing a good job so far as OC of getting the offense on the same page.
Will has not done a good job of adjusting to the offense.

They both suck so far. End of argument. As KB said- Will needs to go to Western Kentucky next year and throw for 5000 yards.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:50 PM

I'm not laying it all on Will, but you can't possibly be dumb enough or blind enough to not see how limiting he is to our offense. This isn't the air raid...it left with Leach. Will had proven he is the system QB everyone says all air raid QB's are. You know it, I know it....you just won't admit it bc you're his uncle. And I hate to break it to you, but Will was also the limiting factor in the 9 win season. If we had a good QB we win 10-11. Again, I like Will, but I love MSU...and Will is not putting MSU in the best place to succeed. Past records that the TEAM won, makes no damn difference on how horrible he is playing. Will didn't win 9 games....MSU did. And they did it by overcoming a bottom of the league Air Raid offense and a very limited QB at the helm.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:51 PM
Barbay is not doing a good job so far as OC of getting the offense on the same page.

They both suck so far. End of argument. As KB said- Will needs to go to Western Kentucky next year and throw for 5000 yards.

I'll add a donation to their NIL if it helps. Let's make it happen

CadaverDawg
09-17-2023, 08:52 PM
I have never said he is all everything.

I like you man but it?s blatantly obvious you dont understand how a process like changing a play works.

Making your RIGHT handed QB who is not a good runner sprint out to his left is STUPID.

Having all your WRs run their routes AWAY from the side you are booting to is STUPID.

We looked like 11 am on Jefferson pilot sports getting raw dogged. All because our egos were too big to adjust to what we had. All because we had to get some Mullen boys back together. On top of all of it we lie to our kids and are now making them look like clowns.

Like I said, Barbay sucks so far. I'm able to admit that. Why are you unable to admit Will sucks so far too??

dawgday166
09-17-2023, 08:54 PM
Like I said, Barbay sucks so far. I'm able to admit that. Why are you unable to admit Will sucks so far too??

Is this a serious question? LOL SMFH.

ETA: Will's flawless. Like a pristine diamond.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:57 PM

Of course they both suck. But they didnt have to. That?s my whole point. We did this so we deserve what we are getting.

RezDog7
09-17-2023, 09:10 PM
Of course they both suck. But they didnt have to. That?s my whole point. We did this so we deserve what we are getting.

We didn't do shit. But Will sucked last year too with Leach.

Homedawg
09-17-2023, 09:17 PM
Thought you were an analytical guy, or do you just like the analytics when they say what you want? Obviously this season is off to a shaky start, but the analytics have liked barbay. Lord knows I love to make sweeping predictions based on small samples, but I've decided to let it play out a few weeks... maybe I'm just getting old

Your first sentence is 100% correct

vindastra
09-17-2023, 09:40 PM
We didn't do shit. But Will sucked last year too with Leach.

Adjusts maroon colored glasses..."hurr durr, you know nothing about what you are talking"

Jarius
09-17-2023, 09:55 PM
We can all cry over spilt milk or try and talk about the situation at hand. We changed offenses and that is on Arnett. He returned a whole bunch of people off a team that won 9 games and changed a lot of shit. If it doesn?t work he deserves to be fired and he deserves to be fired immediately. Now that this is out of the way, we have to change quarterbacks to get the most out of this current scheme. I love Will the human being but he can?t play in this offense. It?s not his fault and I hate that for him, but I care a million times more about Mississippi State than I do about Will Rogers feelings. I understand that a lot of people on here care more about Will than they do MSU, but respectfully no one else on here gives a damn about your or his feelings. He can?t play in this offense. If you want to vent about how stupid it was to change the offense when we had this much returning in what is a down SEC, then go ahead. That still doesn?t change the fact that we have to change quarterbacks to be successful running whatever the **** offense this is.

Cowbell
09-18-2023, 01:52 AM
People seem to forget that Barbary wasn't our OC and we werent running the air raid when Will looked awful in several games late last season and all of us (save Bucky) wanted him benched. He practically tried to gift wrap the egg bowl for TSUN

R2Dawg
09-18-2023, 06:15 AM

And exactly what passes did he hit Saturday? At 5 yards a pass 70 passes a game you can set records but that ain't no D1 SEC QB. You gotta do more than that. No recognition of what the D is doing, no blitz recognition, can't throw downfield, can't hit open WR, We are a one trick pony and even a below ave SEC D will stop that. BTW that one trick is running the ball.

The OL excuse is just that an excuse. Bryce Young won 4 games by himself last year at Bama running around making plays. So have many others.

R2Dawg
09-18-2023, 06:17 AM
We can all cry over spilt milk or try and talk about the situation at hand. We changed offenses and that is on Arnett. He returned a whole bunch of people off a team that won 9 games and changed a lot of shit. If it doesn?t work he deserves to be fired and he deserves to be fired immediately. Now that this is out of the way, we have to change quarterbacks to get the most out of this current scheme. I love Will the human being but he can?t play in this offense. It?s not his fault and I hate that for him, but I care a million times more about Mississippi State than I do about Will Rogers feelings. I understand that a lot of people on here care more about Will than they do MSU, but respectfully no one else on here gives a damn about your or his feelings. He can?t play in this offense. If you want to vent about how stupid it was to change the offense when we had this much returning in what is a down SEC, then go ahead. That still doesn?t change the fact that we have to change quarterbacks to be successful running whatever the **** offense this is.

That change was inevitiable because no one runs what Leach ran. No one, throwing the ball is not the air raid. We doomed two seasons when we brought Leach in - his first season and the next coaches first season.

basedog
09-18-2023, 06:26 AM
No doubt this offense sucks, that is all that matters right now. Blame is on both coaching and players, the problem seems to be we aren't adjusting whether it be players or play calling. It's like putting lip stick on a pig, it ain't pretty!

DawgFromOxford
09-18-2023, 06:48 AM
Went back and watched the offense. Biggest problem is the O line. They can?t block worth a lick right now. Watched LSU bring 4 guys against our 5 lineman and still got to Will. Inexcusable.

A close second to the O line is Will?s play. Too many inaccurate passes that killed any hope of a drive or momentum. In fairness he had 2 passes that should?ve been TDs, Harmon and Tulu both dropped TD passes. Fix the O line and naturally you?ll see Will play better.

Ultimately it?s on Barbay to fix. If you know your O line can?t block then quit putting Will back there or start calling more quick passes so Will isn?t holding the ball.

KB21
09-18-2023, 06:52 AM
With a coordinator who has a run heavy mindset and treats the passing game as something to use in an emergency only, Mississippi State will always have an uphill struggle on offense.

Really Clark?
09-18-2023, 07:23 AM
With a coordinator who has a run heavy mindset and treats the passing game as something to use in an emergency only, Mississippi State will always have an uphill struggle on offense.

We threw the ball 60% of the time last weekend

basedog
09-18-2023, 07:35 AM

Mainly because we fell behind quickly. 16 plays for 7 yards late in the first half is "retarded". Surely or Hopefully Arnett makes some changes going into the game plan this week. I'm pulling for him and the players to get their act together.

Really Clark?
09-18-2023, 08:05 AM
Mainly because we fell behind quickly. 16 plays for 7 yards late in the first half is "retarded". Surely or Hopefully Arnett makes some changes going into the game plan this week. I'm pulling for him and the players to get their act together.

Naw. We threw the ball 80% of the time on the first 3 drives. 8 of our 29 passes happened on the first 3 drives. It was the game plan to open up the passing game last weekend.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:13 AM
Naw. We threw the ball 80% of the time on the first 3 drives. 8 of our 29 passes happened on the first 3 drives. It was the game plan to open up the passing game last weekend.

Sure we did, but it is blatantly obvious drop back passing or even quick game at this point is an absolute disaster. It is hard to take an air raid team and turn it into a team that cant throw and catch

DEDawg
09-18-2023, 08:14 AM

Calling will an accurate passer is quite the stretch after the last 2 weeks.

RiverCityDawg
09-18-2023, 08:15 AM

It's not just a switch you can flip if you don't practice it well and coach it well. The passing game is still mostly an afterthought to this OC.

We had a competent passing game with most of these same players and this coaching staff threw that in the trash. That's on them no matter how you slice it.

KB21
09-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Calling will an accurate passer is quite the stretch after the last 2 weeks.

Will came into the season with a career 70.2% completion percentage. His adjusted accuracy percentage in 2021 was 82%. Three games with a crappy offensive coordinator who does not know how to call plays to get Will into a rhythm doesn't change that.

Really Clark?
09-18-2023, 08:26 AM
It's not just a switch you can flip if you don't practice it well and coach it well. The passing game is still mostly an afterthought to this OC.

We had a competent passing game with most of these same players and this coaching staff threw that in the trash. That's on them no matter how you slice it.

Yeah, they have practiced the passing game a lot during camp. That's not the reason at all. Now execution / understanding what to do, no question is the issue and not running the full offense the first 2 games the first 2 games, that I buy.

DEDawg
09-18-2023, 08:28 AM
Will came into the season with a career 70.2% completion percentage. His adjusted accuracy percentage in 2021 was 82%. Three games with a crappy offensive coordinator who does not know how to call plays to get Will into a rhythm doesn't change that.

Context matters. A 70% completion percentage in Leach?s offense is the past 2 years. He is not accurate in this offense.

I agree with you on Barbary too, I think they both suck tho, not just him.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:28 AM
Well I can tell you for a fact that we ran drop back game against LSU that we had not practiced till LSU

Really Clark?
09-18-2023, 08:31 AM
Sure we did, but it is blatantly obvious drop back passing or even quick game at this point is an absolute disaster. It is hard to take an air raid team and turn it into a team that cant throw and catch

Dude, at the basic level with how much this team has thrown the ball the last 2 years, the players should be able to simply play catch on throws this past weekend, no matter the scheme. The coaches have failed so far, no question but the simple execution of a basic throw and catch by the players shouldn't be an issue with the enormous reps they have had for the past 3 years.

DEDawg
09-18-2023, 08:32 AM
Well I can tell you for a fact that we ran drop back game against LSU that we had not practiced till LSU

If true, this whole staff needs to go. CZA seems to be completely over his head

KB21
09-18-2023, 08:35 AM

Another great aspect to Mike Leach was how he practiced. Rep after rep after rep after rep after rep after rep after rep after rep after rep.....the same plays over and over again regardless of formation. I doubt Barbay devotes more than 20% of practice time to the passing game.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:40 AM
Dude, at the basic level with how much this team has thrown the ball the last 2 years, the players should be able to simply play catch on throws this past weekend, no matter the scheme. The coaches have failed so far, no question but the simple execution of a basic throw and catch by the players shouldn't be an issue with the enormous reps they have had for the past 3 years.

Agree

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:40 AM
If true, this whole staff needs to go. CZA seems to be completely over his head

Well

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 08:54 AM
If they had run that screen about a hundred times in practice last week, and those 5 yard outs and comeback routes, I bet Will wouldn't have overthrown them and skipped them.

You guys kill me. Have you considered maybe Barbay was trying to figure out a way to get his QB comfortable, so he incorporated some old familiar drop backs last week to try and help Will, since Will can apparently do NOTHING except Leach plays?
If he did that, it gives me hope, bc it shows he's trying SOMETHING. Heaven forbid we ask Prince William to complete a f'ing screen pass or a 5 yard curl without it being from an air raid formation. You guys have no idea how much y'all are proving the point that Will Rogers is our biggest issue on offense. The play calling sucks, yes, but imagine having to call plays for a guy that even his strongest defenders claim ge can't run shit without it being a drop back air raid concept. Dude isn't a D1 QB if he can't adjust to a playbook after 4 years of experience in this league.

At this point I'm far more concerned about Barbay's continuing to put Will in the game than I am his play calling. At some point Barbay is going to say "I'm tired of being the blame when my QB can't throw a 3 yard screen pass under no duress. He's out."
Now, the next guy may look just as bad, which will tell the tale on Barbay....but the time is coming where he gets sick of catching the blame for Will's shortcomings. We may find out that they BOTH suck....but we know one of them does already...and the other has sucked through 3 games.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:56 AM
If they had run that screen about a hundred times in practice last week, and those 5 yard outs and comeback routes, I bet Will wouldn't have overthrown them and skipped them.

You guys kill me. Have you considered maybe Barbay was trying to figure out a way to get his QB comfortable, so he incorporated some old familiar drop backs last week to try and help Will, since Will can apparently do NOTHING except Leach plays?
If he did that, it gives me hope, bc it shows he's trying SOMETHING. Heaven forbid we ask Prince William to complete a f'ing screen pass or a 5 yard curl without it being from an air raid formation. You guys have no idea how much y'all are proving the point that Will Rogers is our biggest issue on offense. The play calling sucks, yes, but imagine having to call plays for a guy that even his strongest defenders claim ge can't run shit without it being a drop back air raid concept. Dude isn't a D1 QB if he can't adjust to a playbook after 4 years of experience in this league.

At this point I'm far more concerned about Barbay's continuing to put Will in the game than I am his play calling. At some point Barbay is going to say "I'm tired of being the blame when my QB can't throw a 3 yard screen pass under no duress. He's out."
Now, the next guy may look just as bad, which will tell the tale on Barbay....but the time is coming where he gets sick of catching the blame for Will's shortcomings. We may find out that they BOTH suck....but we know one of them does already...and the other has sucked through 3 games.

Please expand to me out of all your experience teaching a new drop back game in one week

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:57 AM
There are no Leach plays. Everyone runs Leach plays. Our biggest completion of the game on 4th down was on mesh. Guess where we learned to do that from

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 08:58 AM
Please expand to me out of all your experience teaching a new drop back game in one week

Well one day you say they're asking Will to do shit he can't do, and the next day you're saying they're trying to incorporate air raid plays he cant run in one week. Your defense of Will makes it the fault of everyone else ALL the time....never Will. Basically you're admitting that until Will graduates, our only option at success is to have an air raid. And that's not realistic. You don't hire based on a single player. If Will is the guy y'all claim he is, he should be able to run some non-air raid concepts.

KB21
09-18-2023, 08:59 AM
Imagine thinking that this sucks:

https://youtu.be/29kmm07KGY0

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:00 AM
There are no Leach plays. Everyone runs Leach plays. Our biggest completion of the game on 4th down was on mesh. Guess where we learned to do that from

Barbay must not be too bad then, for finding a play Will could run. What kind of plays were the short hops on 3-5 yard outs? What about the overthrown screen pass that could have been a TD? What about 4th and 6 overthrow inside the 15? Were those air raid concepts that Will just couldn't handle, or too difficult for Will? Bc we all know you won't admit he just stunk on those basic decisions

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:01 AM
Imagine thinking that this sucks:

https://youtu.be/29kmm07KGY0

I could post one of Barbay too. Imagine not being able to call shitty QB play shitty QB play. I'm admitting Barbay hasn't done well, but y'all can't admit Will has sucked

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:02 AM
Well one day you say they're asking Will to do shit he can't do, and the next day you're saying they're trying to incorporate plays he can run in one week. Your defense of Will makes it the fault of everyone else ALL the time....never Will. Basically you're admitting that until Will graduates, our only option at success is to have an air raid. And that's not realistic. You don't hire based on a single player. If Will is the guy y'all claim he is, he should be able to run some non-air raid concepts.

Dude. No.

We put in plays we have not ran since Barbay has been here. Not specifically for Will for the whole team. You can argue till you are blue in the face but those are facts. More facts are we are doing nothing different now than what we did with Moorhead. Not one thing. Florida was the end of Moorhead. he had a chance to save it after the Auburn game but his ego was too big. USCe is this staffs Florida.

msstate7
09-18-2023, 09:02 AM
Barbay must not be too bad then, for finding a play Will could run. What kind of plays were the shirt hops on 3-5 yard outs? What about the overthrown screen pass that could have been a TD? What about 4th and 6 overthrow inside the 15? Were those air raid concepts that Will just couldn't handle, or too difficult for Will? Bc we all know you won't admit he just stunk on those basic decisions

The screen was infuriating.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:04 AM
Barbay must not be too bad then, for finding a play Will could run. What kind of plays were the short hops on 3-5 yard outs? What about the overthrown screen pass that could have been a TD? What about 4th and 6 overthrow inside the 15? Were those air raid concepts that Will just couldn't handle, or too difficult for Will? Bc we all know you won't admit he just stunk on those basic decisions

Well the short hop was a WR running a wrong route. But then again you probably ran with that Twitter post that blamed Will for the boot right WRs run left play we ran.

Will was bad yesterday. But he is not being given a chance. No one on offense is

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:04 AM
The screen was infuriating.

Yep. Damn Barbay must not have coddled the golden boy enough and let him run it 900 times in practice....otherwise he probably completes it. Damn, Barbay. **

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:06 AM
Yep. Damn Barbay must not have coddled the golden boy enough and let him run it 900 times in practice....otherwise he probably completes it. Damn, Barbay. **

The fact that you want to insinuate that a Mike Leach coached QB has ever been coddled is hilarious. I know 2 of them. One of them is in the NFL. Theyll tell you how much they were coddled

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:07 AM
Well the short hop was a WR running a wrong route. But then again you probably ran with that Twitter post that blamed Will for the boot right WRs run left play we ran.

Will was bad yesterday. But he is not being given a chance. No one on offense is

Of course it was the receiver running the wrong route. Never Will.

What about the other short hops? Receivers too?

What about 4th and 6 and not even giving your guy a chance?

What about the screen?

What about the crouching and taking sacks versus ever trying to make a man miss?

Let me guess, OL, WR's, and most importantly...BARBAY! Right?

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:07 AM
The fact that you want to insinuate that a Mike Leach coached QB has ever been coddled is hilarious. I know 2 of them. One of them is in the NFL. Theyll tell you how much they were coddled

Don't worry you're doing enough coddling to make up for any he's missed

KB21
09-18-2023, 09:10 AM

Yeah. That made me LOL. The insinuation that Will needs to be coddled is funny. No one wants to mention Tulu's inability to run routes properly, as his three quarter speed route against LSU cost us a TD. There is a reason that Mike trusted Rufus Harvey, Jaden Walley, and Austin Williams more from the slot position in his offense. No player on this team works as hard as Will Rogers.

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:10 AM
It's exhausting watching y'all defend the kid. He isn't good. He was serviceable in an air raid. Outside of an air raid, he is not even decent.

But I'm done debating it. 99% of our fan base knows it, y'all keep your heads in the sand or up his butt, wherever. Bottom line, Barbay has sucked so far, and Will has sucked bad too. I hope they figure it out bc apparently Will has nude photos of Keenum bc they won't pull him.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:11 AM
Of course it was the receiver running the wrong route. Never Will.

What about the other short hops? Receivers too?

What about 4th and 6 and not even giving your guy a chance?

What about the screen?

What about the crouching and taking sacks versus ever trying to make a man miss?

Let me guess, OL, WR's, and most importantly...BARBAY! Right?

Did you not wipe your ass good enough? Wills fault.

Spill your coffee? Wills fault.

Dog won?t shut up? Wills fault.

Yes believe it or not QBs miss throws. Mike Wright has missed a lot of them. So has Dak Prescott. It?s pretty hard to do. Especially when your offensive staff doesn?t really want to throw the ball. They want to run it and play action throw it deep. Problem with that is 1, you have to have a WR that can separate or win a 50/50 ball. (Our best WRs are returners not WRs.) 2, you have to protect it. And right now we cant even do that with 7 man pass pro. There is no real drop back game.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:12 AM
It's exhausting watching y'all defend the kid. He isn't good. He was serviceable in an air raid. Outside of an air raid, he is not even decent.

But I'm done debating it. 99% of our fan base knows it, y'all keep your heads in the sand or up his butt, wherever. Bottom line, Barbay has sucked so far, and Will has sucked bad too. I hope they figure it out bc apparently Will had nude photos of Keenum bc they won't pull him.

No, because he beat Wright just like he beat the USM kid and Sawyer and whoever else yall tried to replace him with

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:12 AM
Yeah. That made me LOL. The insinuation that Will needs to be coddled is funny. No one wants to mention Tulu's inability to run routes properly, as his three quarter speed route against LSU cost us a TD. There is a reason that Mike trusted Rufus Harvey, Jaden Walley, and Austin Williams more from the slot position in his offense. No player on this team works as hard as Will Rogers.

Blaming Tulu is rich. I'd rather have Tulu at QB than Will at this point. Tulu is our only bleak glimmer of offensive hope at this point. No surprise y'all would blame him too. Anybody but the concrete boot, pie throwing, golden boy.

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:15 AM
No, because he beat Wright just like he beat the USM kid and Sawyer and whoever else yall tried to replace him with

He didn't beat Wright Saturday. Rogers is a practice hero. Maybe they can put a green jersey on him during SEC play. Y'all spend your energy on that, bc nobody is buying your defense of him.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:21 AM
He didn't beat Wright Saturday. Rogers is a practice hero. Maybe they can put a green jersey on him during SEC play. Y'all spend your energy on that, bc nobody is buying your defense of him.

Well, Wright watched Will play. He was 2 on the depth chart. Wills is 1. So.

Like I said, I like you man. I really do. But you are off here.

TrapGame
09-18-2023, 09:23 AM

Tom Brady in practice and Uncle Rico on game day.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:25 AM
What about Wright coming in on 4th and 1 and we immediately have a false start? Why are you not mentioning that? Are we holding standards for some and not for all?

Not all his fault. It was our staffs fault for even asking him to do that. Its stupid. Beyond stupid. As stupid as sprint out left with a right handed QB. Or running your WRs away from your bootleg. Or 2 OL pulling into one another on national TV.

All that is Wills fault too

Really Clark?
09-18-2023, 09:25 AM
Tom Brady in practice and Uncle Rico on game day.

Naw, Uncle Rico throws it deep.***

CadaverDawg
09-18-2023, 09:30 AM
Well, Wright watched Will play. He was 2 on the depth chart. Wills is 1. So.

Like I said, I like you man. I really do. But you are off here.

But I'm not. I'm speaking facts. I like you too, but Barbay and Will both suck so far this year. You're wrong for not being able to admit the truth.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 09:35 AM
But I'm not. I'm speaking facts. I like you too, but Barbay and Will both suck so far this year. You're wrong for not being able to admit the truth.

Haha ok

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 10:36 AM

I think when you hear dual threat it really means someone that has escapability not rocks in their shoes.

KB21
09-18-2023, 10:39 AM
I think when you hear dual threat it really means someone that has escapability not rocks in their shoes.

I think some are calling any QB that can run a dual threat, and that's why you are seeing Mike Wright being called a dual threat even though he can't throw the ball well at all.

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 10:52 AM
I think some are calling any QB that can run a dual threat, and that's why you are seeing Mike Wright being called a dual threat even though he can't throw the ball well at all.

That’s that’s what I said. If your oline sucks you have to give it help with a QB that can move in the pocket at the least. As much as we all love and respect Will he has slow feet and is most of the time a statue. Now I don’t if he is a statue because of slow feet or he is a statue do to not being able to feel pressure. But it is infuriating to watch him when he does feel pressure and instead of getting out of harms way he just falls down.

KB21
09-18-2023, 11:00 AM
That’s that’s what I said. If your oline sucks you have to give it help with a QB that can move in the pocket at the least. As much as we all love and respect Will he has slow feet and is most of the time a statue. Now I don’t if he is a statue because of slow feet or he is a statue do to not being able to feel pressure. But it is infuriating to watch him when he does feel pressure and instead of getting out of harms way he just falls down.

This idea that a QB who is mobile can evade pressure is as big of a myth as the idea that you have to establish the running game to be successful is. It's guys that have good pocket awareness that can evade pressure. Most of your mobility guys end up bailing on the pocket when they don't have to, and the end up running themselves into pressure.

msstate7
09-18-2023, 11:05 AM
This idea that a QB who is mobile can evade pressure is as big of a myth as the idea that you have to establish the running game to be successful is. It's guys that have good pocket awareness that can evade pressure. Most of your mobility guys end up bailing on the pocket when they don't have to, and the end up running themselves into pressure.

You need to go watch the lsu-fsu game. LSU was putting pressure on travis the whole first half, but Travis evaded and made plays.

Travis wore down the lsu defense from chasing him around

KB21
09-18-2023, 11:06 AM
You need to go watch the lsu-fsu game. LSU was putting pressure on travis the whole first half, but Travis evaded and made plays.

Because he has a good feel for the pocket.

TrapGame
09-18-2023, 11:27 AM

No. He's mobile. You are using the dual threat moniker for your own bullshit. You started that.

Will Rogers is a statue with bricks in his shoes.

I thought Will missing those two wide open touchdown passes in the Arizona game was just jitters. Nope, he missed wide open guys Saturday too.

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 01:07 PM

Did you really just make this statement? That’s what I said, I don’t if it’s he is slow or he doesn’t feel the pressure (pocket awareness) either way he cannot evade pressure. And athleticism matters to that effect as well.

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 01:09 PM
Because he has a good feel for the pocket.

On the real are you a bot? If not, you are one of those people that just likes to argue. Because your thought process on this doesn’t make any sense and you know it.

dawgday166
09-18-2023, 01:11 PM
Did you really just make this statement? That?s what I said, I don?t if it?s he is slow or he doesn?t feel the pressure (pocket awareness) either way he cannot evade pressure. And athleticism matters to that effect as well.

A Tom Brady type would work. Making accurate throws when pressured, sliding in the pocket, etc. Will doesn't have to run like a gazelle.

Mostly just be tough in the pocket. Stronger arm would help a lot too.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 01:33 PM

That is the wrong way to address it. Fix the actual issue. I have watched Pittman totally whiff on blocks to where Rogers is planted. I watch us run in Ellis at TE and he is a true freshman OL and is getting blown out!

So fix it.

- If Pittman can not block, Marks stays in more and develop a game plan to address it.
- If Ellis is getting burn and Goede is not going to produce, then put in Mosely, Thomas, Creed... That forces 1 more into coverage. etc

Maverick91
09-18-2023, 03:08 PM
That is the wrong way to address it. Fix the actual issue. I have watched Pittman totally whiff on blocks to where Rogers is planted. I watch us run in Ellis at TE and he is a true freshman OL and is getting blown out!

So fix it.

- If Pittman can not block, Marks stays in more and develop a game plan to address it.
- If Ellis is getting burn and Goede is not going to produce, then put in Mosely, Thomas, Creed... That forces 1 more into coverage. etc

Sure let’s bring in Marks for the whole game. You always sub players in, do some not perform yeah. But your QB has to be above all of that. Right now Will cannot escape when others around him fail. So either go back to the air raid like others are saying in other threads or you change the QB to fit the system.

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 03:39 PM

Will lost me on two plays at OM last year. 1. Turning and "running" toward our goal line to avoid a sack. If they hadn't caught him so quickly, they could have waited and tackled him for a safety.* 2. Trying to "run" an option from the two. Diving from the four and then the fumble. He has been on at least a five game streak of very bad games. When was his last good game in either offense?

TrapGame
09-18-2023, 04:15 PM
Will lost me on two plays at OM last year. 1. Turning and "running" toward our goal line to avoid a sack. If they hadn't caught him so quickly, they could have waited and tackled him for a safety.* 2. Trying to "run" an option from the two. Diving from the four and then the fumble. He has been on at least a five game streak of very bad games. When was his last good game in either offense?

Auburn 2021. He was way better in 2021. He regressed a lot in 2022.

Barbay didn't make Will miss wide open guys in the last two games. Barbay is not coaching Will to drop into the fetal position whenever he's pressured from the middle.

BankerDog
09-18-2023, 04:48 PM
Auburn 2021. He was way better in 2021. He regressed a lot in 2022.

Barbay didn't make Will miss wide open guys in the last two games. Barbay is not coaching Will to drop into the fetal position whenever he's pressured from the middle.

Hollingshead was the QB coach in 2021..since that time Rogers hasn?t looked sharp at all

Really Clark?
09-18-2023, 05:58 PM
Hollingshead was the QB coach in 2021..since that time Rogers hasn?t looked sharp at all

Yeah Leach promoted him for the 2022 season as inside WR coach. But Hollingshead had worked with Leach's QB's for several years prior.

Homedawg
09-18-2023, 06:14 PM
And exactly what passes did he hit Saturday? At 5 yards a pass 70 passes a game you can set records but that ain't no D1 SEC QB. You gotta do more than that. No recognition of what the D is doing, no blitz recognition, can't throw downfield, can't hit open WR, We are a one trick pony and even a below ave SEC D will stop that. BTW that one trick is running the ball.

The OL excuse is just that an excuse. Bryce Young won 4 games by himself last year at Bama running around making plays. So have many others.

I'm not siding w Kb on anything, but if you can't see the OL was a huge problem Saturday I can't help you. It starts w them.

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 06:22 PM
I'm not siding w Kb on anything, but if you can't see the OL was a huge problem Saturday I can't help you. It starts w them.

So Leach and the Air Raid hid the weaknesses of both our QB and OL? Our talent level must be a lot worse than most thought coming into this year along with our rookie coaching staff and new O. Starting to believe the projections of both the media and other coaches was spot on. New O and new DC are not helping things at all, but our veteran team just looks a year older, not better.

KB21
09-18-2023, 06:26 PM
Some people just like being wrong.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:31 PM
And the WEVE GOT BOYS A RUNNIN WIIIDDEE OPUUNN garbage is pure myth.

I asked a few weeks ago what would we do vs man free? Guess what LSU did.

Teams werent running the dreaded drop 8 against us in 22. They were running cover 1 man free and telling our WRs you cant get open. Especially our outside guys. Problem still remains

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 08:52 PM
Sure let?s bring in Marks for the whole game. You always sub players in, do some not perform yeah. But your QB has to be above all of that. Right now Will cannot escape when others around him fail. So either go back to the air raid like others are saying in other threads or you change the QB to fit the system.

Nowhere did I say for the whole game. Is Pittman the only other choice?

That's not solving the issue. The same issue will remain.

BlackSailsDawg
09-18-2023, 08:55 PM
And the WEVE GOT BOYS A RUNNIN WIIIDDEE OPUUNN garbage is pure myth.

I asked a few weeks ago what would we do vs man free? Guess what LSU did.

Teams werent running the dreaded drop 8 against us in 22. They were running cover 1 man free and telling our WRs you cant get open. Especially our outside guys. Problem still remains

SH!!!!