PDA

View Full Version : When's the last game you were proud to call these players a State player?

Tater
09-17-2023, 09:53 AM
When they had a game that you wouldn't say "man I'd rather us get someone else in because their performance / attitude is not something I paid tuition and NIL to represent me."

QB - Will Rogers
RB - Woody Marks
WR - Tulu Griffin
WR - Zavion
WR - Any of the others
OL - Any of them
DL - Any of them
LB - Johnson / Watson
CB - Decam
S - Preston
S - Banks

Should be a lot of soul searching because while some of these have recent answers like the Arizona game, some you have to dig a bit into last year.

Idgaf how you look in practice if you don't play good.

EdwardDrayton
09-17-2023, 03:47 PM
I'm proud to call ALL our players a State player. There's no correlation between that and who plays/doesn't play.

Dawgology
09-17-2023, 03:54 PM
I'm proud to call ALL our players a State player. There's no correlation between that and who plays/doesn't play.

Same. I’m proud to call all of them State players. I just believe this new offensive scheme doesn’t suit Rogers. It’s not the end of the world. It’s gonna be tough on him and I want him to remain and flourish in this scheme I’m just not seeing it.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2023, 04:41 PM

I am a huge fan of ALL of our players. When I say something critical of a player, it is only about their game day production. It is not personal, and it should never be taken that way.

Maybe we shouldn?t be as critical, but shit man, we literally suck at every aspect of football.

maroonmania
09-17-2023, 10:10 PM
Same. I’m proud to call all of them State players. I just believe this new offensive scheme doesn’t suit Rogers. It’s not the end of the world. It’s gonna be tough on him and I want him to remain and flourish in this scheme I’m just not seeing it.

Air Raid is actually the only system that does really suit him and nobody but Leach ran it like that. But Will does best standing statuesque in the pocket throwing 5 to 15 yard passes. That really is his basic skillset.

MBDawg601
09-17-2023, 10:36 PM
I root fall all the guys listed and hope that every Saturday they show up and show out.

That being said, this is SEC football. There are no participation trophies. On the field product is what we are looking for. Effort, Fight, Grit. We want to see guys lay it all on the line.

We have none of that so far this year. (Marks I could argue for. He does run hard and totes most of the load)

Kingbarkus
09-17-2023, 10:41 PM
It hurt yesterday to see former players on X appalled at the performance yesterday.

CaptainObvious
09-17-2023, 10:47 PM
If they wear the uniform I am proud of them. If they graduate from college I am proud for them.
Has nothing to do with being critical of poor performance. If they got the same level of treatment of a regular student or a clarinet player, I might be less critical. Once they became professional, they became fair game, not kids playing a game.

Offshore Dawg
09-18-2023, 07:46 AM
This to me is more of a adapt to a system problem. these players won 9 games last year.